The Associated Press

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Tom Palven
Has More Than 6K Posts

The Associated Press

Post by Tom Palven » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:55 am

There are two AP articles on the Assange capture in today's Times-Union, Jacksonville, FL. one by Joshua Goodman and Christine Armario which cite damning information about Assange "according to a senior government official who wasn't authorized to discuss the matter and spoke on condition of anonymity." and one by Eric Tucker and Ben Fox who quote "a U.S.official, speaking on conditions of anonymity to discuss internal and legal matters..."

Typical sycophantic BS from the US MSM.
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: The Associated Press

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:20 pm

Why do you call this MSM rather than the AP?
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Tom Palven
Has More Than 6K Posts

Post by Tom Palven » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:53 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:20 pm
Why do you call this MSM rather than the AP?
I guess because the AP seems fairly representative of all the US mainstream print and TV media which, at the behest of the deep state powers-that-be, glorify populist neocons like warmongering John McCain and vilify investigative journalism, and which most Americans and Canadians, even those who are supposedly skeptics, seem to buy into like sheep being led to slaughter, imho.
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:59 am

I agree with your characterization: the very reason you should say AP and not the much wider MSM. In general: the wider MSM gave first hand accounts and video of the arrest as well as continuing background information on what is in the seal indictments.

No reason to run with a pack when you can think for yourself.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

Tom Palven
Has More Than 6K Posts

Post by Tom Palven » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:30 am

Here's an example of slant from NPR, effectively behaving like the AP and other MSM:
www.ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featu ... h-of-evil/

Tom Palven
Has More Than 6K Posts

Post by Tom Palven » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:36 am

Congrats to the AP for this article on a major MIC/deep state ally:
https://www.usnews.com/news/world/artic ... ism-crimes

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:17 am

Are you so inside your own head you don't realize no one should know what "MIC" means?..........or am I too inside my head because I don't?

It could almost be justified if the term was in the link.....but my quick review did not show that term. Abbreviations make sense when they closely follow the predicate which IS IMPOSSIBLE when it is introducing a subject. Man in Charge is my best guess except that is not "well known" so I doubt it. Microphone: also not likely.

Why do you force yourself on us?

Tom Palven
Has More Than 6K Posts

Post by Tom Palven » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:40 am

Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:17 am
Are you so inside your own head you don't realize no one should know what "MIC" means?..........or am I too inside my head because I don't?

It could almost be justified if the term was in the link.....but my quick review did not show that term. Abbreviations make sense when they closely follow the predicate which IS IMPOSSIBLE when it is introducing a subject. Man in Charge is my best guess except that is not "well known" so I doubt it. Microphone: also not likely.

MIC refers to the Military Industrial Complex, which General Eisenhower first described:
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ei ... &FORM=VIRE

ElectricMonk
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Post by ElectricMonk » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:48 am

The military wants to get out of the MIC and has for a long time - just in a way that doesn't compromise force effectiveness.
But they bitterly complain about being burdened with nuclear silos, tanks and fighter planes they have to buy and maintain because lobbyists tell politicians so.
I think the Media should replace the Military, especially the Fox and Sinclair Broadcasting group.

Tom Palven
Has More Than 6K Posts

Post by Tom Palven » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:57 am

Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:17 am

MIC refers to the Military Industrial Complex, which General Eisenhower first described:
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ei ... &FORM=VIRE