Neoconservative Immigration Policies...

Talk, debate, discussion, observations, etc... regarding episodes of MonsterTalk.
Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Neoconservative Immigration Policies...

Post by Tom Palven » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:27 am

Trump's neoconservative immigration policies- The double-edged sword:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKCN1L51N9
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

ElectricMonk
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Re: Neoconservative Immigration Policies...

Post by ElectricMonk » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:20 pm

Tom Palven wrote:Trump's neoconservative immigration policies- The double-edged sword:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKCN1L51N9
unfortunately, this is nothing new. It is also utterly disgraceful.

It seems that many conservatives want a Japan-like immigration policy (i.e. you don't get in, fullstop).

TJrandom
True Skeptic

Post by TJrandom » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:37 pm

Japan isn`t that bad. Somewhat less than 2% of our population are foreigners. But it is true that our immigration policies are quite restrictive and are supported by our geographic isolation - it being rather hard to swim here.

I see that only one out of a thousand refugee applicants have been accepted here.

ElectricMonk
Perpetual Poster

Post by ElectricMonk » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:25 pm

I always assumed that Japan would pay dearly for closing itself off. Lacking immigration, it is shrinking in population, which in turn is aging. GDP growth is very small.
But the curious net effect is that GDP per Capita is growing, making life on average better for its citizens.

Japan is probably a template for what Europe will see in 20 years, and the US in 40 (unless Trump gets a second term that is).

HenryJr
BANNED

Post by HenryJr » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:30 am

I personally think that there should be a strict policy for immigrants, look at some of the countries which are facing major crisis because of the overflow of immigrants like Uk, US and Pakistan.

ElectricMonk
Perpetual Poster

Post by ElectricMonk » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:27 am

HenryJr wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:30 am
I personally think that there should be a strict policy for immigrants, look at some of the countries which are facing major crisis because of the overflow of immigrants like Uk, US and Pakistan.
Are you equally concerned with restricting the global flow of capital ?

TJrandom
True Skeptic

Post by TJrandom » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:09 am

HenryJr wrote:
The US is hardly facing a major crisis because of an overflow of immigrants. IMO, the only immigration related crisis the US faces is that of misinformation and down right lies. But if you have supporting information for the crisis, please do share it.

HenryJr
BANNED

Post by HenryJr » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:57 am

TJrandom wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:09 am
HenryJr wrote:
The US is hardly facing a major crisis because of an overflow of immigrants. IMO, the only immigration related crisis the US faces is that of misinformation and down right lies. But if you have supporting information for the crisis, please do share it.
How about the security issue of these countries. The security agencies are always on the high alert because people keep crossing borders illegally and no one know how many terrorist infiltrate through this way.

HenryJr
BANNED

Post by HenryJr » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:00 am

ElectricMonk wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:27 am
HenryJr wrote:
Are you equally concerned with restricting the global flow of capital ?
Capital flow is always beneficial, I am more concern in the security of a country and human trafficking.

ElectricMonk
Perpetual Poster

Post by ElectricMonk » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:30 am

Sorry Henry, but that is BS: if you force other countries to let into their markets what you have most (capital), but don't let into your country what they have most (labor), exploitation is the unavoidable effect.
If you don't like migration but want to have a just global economy, you have to let countries regulate the flow of money into and out of their countries.

TJrandom
True Skeptic

Post by TJrandom » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:08 am

HenryJr wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:57 am
TJrandom wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:09 am
HenryJr wrote:

How about the security issue of these countries. The security agencies are always on the high alert because people keep crossing borders illegally and no one know how many terrorist infiltrate through this way.
crisis

noun: crisis; plural noun: crises

a time of intense difficulty or danger. "the current economic crisis"

synonyms: catastrophe, calamity, cataclysm, emergency, disaster;
I don`t see the US facing a crisis of any magnitude with illegal border crossings. US security agencies are always on high alert - that is their job, but they are not being overwhelmed. And of course the US does know how many terrorists have infiltrated by illegally crossing the border - very few. Most terrorists entered legally. It is easier that way.

I seems to me that you have been snookered by the Trump hatespeach.

HenryJr
BANNED

Post by HenryJr » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:16 am

I don`t see the US facing a crisis of any magnitude with illegal border crossings. US security agencies are always on high alert - that is their job, but they are not being overwhelmed. And of course the US does know how many terrorists have infiltrated by illegally crossing the border - very few. Most terrorists entered legally. It is easier that way.

I seems to me that you have been snookered by the Trump hatespeach.
[/quote]

You can say, that ever since 9/11 mentally I am mostly on red alert. The idea of terrorism had stuck in my brain for good and President Trump sure did reminded me of that incident.

OutOfBreath
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: Persistent ponderer

Post by OutOfBreath » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:15 am

HenryJr wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:57 am
I have to chime in on that. Terrorism in America has mostly been by legal immigrants on visitor's visas or the like, or it has been performed by one of your own home-grown variety. The latter is far more numerous if you add in some of the "general" mass shooting events you get every week (some of which are at least vaguely politically motivated).

Illegal immigrants was a much bigger issue in the 90s and early 00s.

Peace
Dan
What is perceived as real becomes real in its consequences.

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Post by Gord » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:39 pm

HenryJr wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:16 am
...[BANNED]...
Who the heck was that guy?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Austin Harper
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk

Post by Austin Harper » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:50 pm

Gord wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:39 pm
HenryJr wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:16 am
...[BANNED]...
Who the heck was that guy?
He came here to spam some website.
HenryJr wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:57 am
The biggest issue for the common people these days is that how to earn extra money because things are getting pricier and there are so many cool things available in the market but the resources are very few. most of common people are struggling to get necessary accessories like good mobile phone, personal transport and other gadgets. One way to rearn extra money is to make an affiliate website online and start earning from it. You can

Code: Select all

[url=https://www.revglue.com/bespoke/]setup a free affiliate related website[/url] 
with the help of revglue designs and development company. It is not a quick way to make money but you have to start from the scratch and work your way up through patience and consistency. Once you start earning from it then things will get much easier for you i promise. After that it is up to you whether you spent it on good or bad cause. The money is yours.
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:36 pm

Oh blargh. One of THOSE. I haven't had to deal with one of them in ages.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

TJrandom
True Skeptic

Post by TJrandom » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:46 pm

His first few posts were OK... a bit off, but not suggestive of a quick departure. Was he the twerp that caused us to lose access?

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:52 am

TJrandom wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:46 pm
His first few posts were OK... a bit off, but not suggestive of a quick departure.
Yeah, those are the kind I used to see a lot of, back when I was moderating a couple of boards. They would join, make a few almost normal posts, then stop. Later they would come back and post an ad, or put an ad into their sigs where it wouldn't draw immediate attention -- only people who were reading older posts would notice it.
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?