All dinosaurs are fakes.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 15537
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Re: All dinosaurs are fakes.

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:26 pm

You don't see women chasing midgets, though.
I hear that is because they don't have a good sense of humor.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4524
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 am
Custom Title: Dwayne de Schwamp
Location: The Land Formerly Known as Pangea

Re: All dinosaurs are fakes.

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:19 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Sat May 10, 2014 12:29 pm
So, I come to this four years too late. Well, that's OK. It's never too late to see the extremes to which total ignorance combined with total arrogance can drive a person. This moron is the touchstone by which idiocy will be defined in my imagination for the foreseeable future.
"[D]uring the last years that I carried a gun my excuse was that I was studying ornithology, and sought only new or rare birds."

Henry Thoreau in "Higher Laws" from Walden

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 22752
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: All dinosaurs are fakes.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:36 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:19 pm
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Sat May 10, 2014 12:29 pm
So, I come to this four years too late. Well, that's OK. It's never too late to see the extremes to which total ignorance combined with total arrogance can drive a person. This moron is the touchstone by which idiocy will be defined in my imagination for the foreseeable future.
Notice that was filmed in his closet?
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 33780
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: All dinosaurs are fakes.

Post by Gord » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:02 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:36 pm
Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:19 pm
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Sat May 10, 2014 12:29 pm
So, I come to this four years too late. Well, that's OK. It's never too late to see the extremes to which total ignorance combined with total arrogance can drive a person. This moron is the touchstone by which idiocy will be defined in my imagination for the foreseeable future.
Notice that was filmed in his closet?
Here's SciManDan's take on someone's "dinosaurs are fake" video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZzkjx8ckAU
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Posts: 11579
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: All dinosaurs are fakes.

Post by OlegTheBatty » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:15 pm

I would like to point out that no dinosaur has ever been caught running a scam or a con game, nor pretending to be something it isn't.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5636
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

Re: All dinosaurs are fakes.

Post by Tom Palven » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:04 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:15 pm
I would like to point out that no dinosaur has ever been caught running a scam or a con game, nor pretending to be something it isn't.
Or claiming that there's such an entity as a "deep state" for Christ's sake.
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 33780
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: All dinosaurs are fakes.

Post by Gord » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:18 am

Tom Palven wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:04 pm
OlegTheBatty wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:15 pm
I would like to point out that no dinosaur has ever been caught running a scam or a con game, nor pretending to be something it isn't.
Or claiming that there's such an entity as a "deep state" for Christ's sake.
Or burying fossils in the ground to fool us.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

User avatar
TJrandom
True Skeptic
Posts: 10713
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.

Re: All dinosaurs are fakes.

Post by TJrandom » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:53 am

Or creating fake human footprints alongside their own to fool us....

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3034
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:08 pm
Custom Title: Yes that one.
Location: Chicago

Re: All dinosaurs are fakes.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:29 am

OlegTheBatty wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:15 pm
I would like to point out that no dinosaur has ever been caught running a scam or a con game, nor pretending to be something it isn't.
Nope nope nope.

They are really dragons, but are pretending to be dinosaurs. :mrgreen:
Aldous Huxley wrote:A government with a comprehensive plan for the betterment of society is a government that uses torture.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 22752
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: All dinosaurs are fakes.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:28 am

Sauronasaurs are the worst, just ask any hobbit.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.