The public "education" system is a JOKE

Who else knows what we know, Jerry?
Pamam55
Regular Poster

The public "education" system is a JOKE

Post by Pamam55 » Mon May 21, 2012 7:57 pm

It's a meat grinding INDOCTRINATION system. No not every teacher and administrator is IN on the conspiracy. They are simply doing their jobs to earn a paycheck. They might even THINK they are doing the right thing. Guys who created the sh*t hole called public education knew EXACTLY what they were doing- creating dumb down morons who can fill in the jobs they needed at the factories and automobile shops.

It's amazing with all this technological breakthrough this century, our education system is still set up the same way with 15-30 kids in a class and a teacher in the front teaching useless drivel. There are millions of better, more efficient and WAY more productive ways to educate someone. I can learn more watching a 10 minute youtube video then I learned in my entire years of middle and high school

Austin Harper
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk

Re: The public "education" system is a JOKE

Post by Austin Harper » Mon May 21, 2012 8:28 pm

Yeah...
You are aware that all public schools were not created by the same "guys," right?
And you know most people who go to public schools don't end up working in factories and automobile shops, right?
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Post by OlegTheBatty » Mon May 21, 2012 8:33 pm

Pamam55 wrote: I can learn more watching a 10 minute youtube video then I learned in my entire years of middle and high school
Apparently . . . . :mrgreen:
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: My nightmare

Post by Gord » Mon May 21, 2012 9:23 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:
Pamam55 wrote: I can learn more watching a 10 minute youtube video then I learned in my entire years of middle and high school
Apparently . . . . :mrgreen:
Pamam55 might not get it, not having watched the right 10 minute youtube video, so:
Pamam55 wrote:I can learn more watching a 10 minute youtube video then I learned in my entire years of middle and high school
should be than not then

(It's only one and a half minutes long, though, so I recommend watching it six and a third times. 8-) )
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Post by Aztexan » Mon May 21, 2012 10:01 pm

if u kant spel thanck a teechur
trump is Putin's bitch

Pamam55
Regular Poster

Post by Pamam55 » Mon May 21, 2012 11:30 pm

Austin Harper wrote:Yeah...
You are aware that all public schools were not created by the same "guys," right?
And you know most people who go to public schools don't end up working in factories and automobile shops, right?
That's why they were created and funded by guys like Ford, Rockefeller, etc the usual suspects

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue May 22, 2012 7:38 am

Pamam55 wrote:
That's why they were created and funded by guys like Ford, Rockefeller, etc the usual suspects
Yeah right....all the public schools in Australian, India, New Zealand, Soviet Russia and Germany were all created and funded by guys like Ford and Rockefeller........

(Well this post certainly explains why you didn't know that Germany wasn't in America. You've never been out of the states have you? )

Pamam55
Regular Poster

Post by Pamam55 » Tue May 22, 2012 7:00 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Pamam55 wrote:
Yeah right....all the public schools in Australian, India, New Zealand, Soviet Russia and Germany were all created and funded by guys like Ford and Rockefeller........

(Well this post certainly explains why you didn't know that Germany wasn't in America. You've never been out of the states have you? )
No, but created by the same type and class of people. Goal is dumb everyone down

Austin Harper
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk

Post by Austin Harper » Tue May 22, 2012 7:04 pm

The goal of educating people is to dumb them down? That makes absolutely no sort of sense.
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

Pamam55
Regular Poster

Post by Pamam55 » Tue May 22, 2012 7:06 pm

Austin Harper wrote:The goal of educating people is to dumb them down? That makes absolutely no sort of sense.
The people in power do not want an educated public. They want them just smart enough to do the trivial jobs but not smart enough to see the big picture. Education only comes from within. It's the indoctrination system

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Wed May 23, 2012 1:24 am

Pamam55 wrote:
Austin Harper wrote:The goal of educating people is to dumb them down? That makes absolutely no sort of sense.
The people in power do not want an educated public. They want them just smart enough to do the trivial jobs but not smart enough to see the big picture. Education only comes from within. It's the indoctrination system
And who told you that?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Pamam55
Regular Poster

Post by Pamam55 » Wed May 23, 2012 1:48 am

Gord wrote:
Pamam55 wrote:
And who told you that?
Oh my...

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Wed May 23, 2012 2:04 am

Pamam55 wrote:
Gord wrote:
Pamam55 wrote:
And who told you that?
Oh my...
Oh you!
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

clarifyit4me
Regular Poster
Custom Title: Apply

Post by clarifyit4me » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:36 pm

I had a pretty grim childhood & school was always my refuge. Not just because of the free school dinners ( available in the Uk for poorer families ) but because there were 2 amazing teachers who set my world on fire. My English teacher who had amazing energy & encouraged us all to explore what is was that we wanted to be ( regardless of class, race or gender) and a science teacher who gave up her time after school or at lunch to help us understand scientific concepts better & brought her own videos & resources to help us ( no YouTube then ) . Many years later after becoming a teacher myself I can see that they really were amongst the rare gems of the educational system . Yes the system is designed mostly to mass produced squads of information regurgitating students & yes because of its quantifiable targets many of the learners disadvantaged by the mainstream classroom teaching approaches will leave with few qualifications & society will view them as failures or less successful , however like any system there will always be a few within it that will endeavour to stimulate , motivate and instigate critical thinking, the skill to evaluate and truely learn .

octopus1
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: Deep Sea Mollusk

Post by octopus1 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:13 pm

clarifyit4me wrote:I had a pretty grim childhood & school was always my refuge. Not just because of the free school dinners ( available in the Uk for poorer families ) but because there were 2 amazing teachers who set my world on fire. My English teacher who had amazing energy & encouraged us all to explore what is was that we wanted to be ( regardless of class, race or gender) and a science teacher who gave up her time after school or at lunch to help us understand scientific concepts better & brought her own videos & resources to help us ( no YouTube then ) . Many years later after becoming a teacher myself I can see that they really were amongst the rare gems of the educational system . Yes the system is designed mostly to mass produced squads of information regurgitating students & yes because of its quantifiable targets many of the learners disadvantaged by the mainstream classroom teaching approaches will leave with few qualifications & society will view them as failures or less successful , however like any system there will always be a few within it that will endeavour to stimulate , motivate and instigate critical thinking, the skill to evaluate and truely learn .
There's something about English teachers that makes them well-liked ;)

Mine read all of To Kill a Mockingbird in a convincing Alabaman accent (This, incidentally, was also in the UK).

Now that's commitment!
"On the fence".... Without a cushion....

mikeinhistory

Post by mikeinhistory » Sat May 03, 2014 3:16 am

The original purpose of the public school system was to "naturalize" immigrant Irish and others in the 1800's. They were founded by mostly women who were involved in religiously motivated groups.