opinions on past lives?

PSI, Mediums, Ghosts, UFOs, Things That Go Bump In The Night
Wordbird
Poster

Re: opinions on past lives?

Post by Wordbird » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:01 pm

Major Malfunction wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:48 am
But you've got a long way to go to convince us "bullies" that you can transcribe complex and detailed memories of a progenitor's life into a single haploid cell.
I don't think that's how it works. (First of all, I'm not even claiming it does work. It's quite possible all those children were coached, but it's also possible they weren't.)

I'm saying it's not outside of the realm of scientific possibility for memories to self-stack as the organism's brain develops. Some molecules do this, and quantum entanglement is a thing.

Usually, when confronted with a question about whether a biological organism is capable of some amazing feat it supposedly performed, my first question is, "Would it help the organism survive?" If so, I don't dismiss it, no matter how silly it seems. Nature has infinite chemical pegs and holes to work with, and chemistry will probably find a way. This time the answer is yes. A memory of having died in a fire might help the organism avoid fire.

I do not believe this is happening, I'm just saying I don't think it's impossible. If someone had the answer and I was going to bet on it, I'd need really good odds, something like 10-to-1. In other words, I wouldn't bet on this being correct unless I could put up $10 and win $100. But if I could, then sure I'd put $10 on it. Maybe there's another explanation, but it troubles me to believe that all those kids are liars. I would bet even odds on the Barra kid at least not making it up (though of course he could be mistaken or there could be another explanation).

Even if this is happening, you're just getting someone else's memories. You didn't actually live their life. You are not that person. There is no soul. There is no reincarnation. These things are ones I think are silly enough to dismiss... but hey, change my mind. I also don't believe these are pixies, but if I see them, then maybe there are pixies.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:06 pm

10 to One?..............I'd take that bet at One Million to One and leave rich. Nothing is impossible...but odds are odds. Now all we have to argue about is which roulette table to use?
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life
Custom Title: Super Skeptic

Post by Lance Kennedy » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:17 pm

Especially gorgeous, who totally fails to realise that he, she or it knows absolutely nothing.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:31 pm

little lance scared of a girl....
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life

Post by Lance Kennedy » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:41 am

Are you a girl, gorgeous ?
I strongly suspect anyone who adopts a name like that of being the opposite.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:03 am

gorgeous wrote: seth-----“The new individual has a deeply buried memory of its past lives, but the personal consciousness of the last reincarnated self must not be superimposed upon this new identity.”
........but Gorgeous? How come none of Seth's prediction's came true. Not a single one of them

Please explain.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:06 am

gorgeous wrote: little lance scared of a girl....
....but Gorgeous? It is you who disappears whenever another "wooist" is posting the same nonsense as you are.

It is pretty obvious you are scared of not getting any attention, and that's the only reason you post such rubbish.

gorgeous 4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wordbird
Poster

Post by Wordbird » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:53 am

Females are treated badly on most forums.

There is an easy solution to this.

Since you're, you know, on an internet forum.

I admit that the whole reason I post on forums is to get attention, because I'm a narcissist. I actually have an incredible intellect. I want to use it in debate and be respected for that. If I were amazing at basketball instead of a genius, somehow everyone would understand this perfectly normal sentiment. A good lot do understand, but only because I'm not female.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Post by Major Malfunction » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:18 am

This is a meritocratic pub.

I've used this analogy before. If you go to a biker bar, kick open the door, and loudly declare Kawasakis are the best motorbikes ever!

You better have some evidence, or some fighting skills.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: prostrate spurge

Post by Gord » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:14 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:06 am
gorgeous 4.jpg
:shock: Mom?!?!?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

landrew
Has No Life

Post by landrew » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:13 pm

Major Malfunction wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:18 am

I've used this analogy before. If you go to a biker bar, kick open the door, and loudly declare Kawasakis are the best motorbikes ever!

Nah, just fighting skills. Harleys are junk.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Wordbird
Poster

Post by Wordbird » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:28 am

Major Malfunction wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:18 am

People don't know when they're sexist.

Simultaneously, the flagellates (not the ones with a flagellum, the ones who self-flagellate) probably aren't sexist, or are sexist in the opposite direction they think they are.

I used to think people were capable of being meritocratic, but I made the mistake of taking a female poster's offer.

One of the last forums I was a member of, there was a female who routinely got treated like excrement. I agreed with the other posters that generally she said dumb things, which provoked the reaction.

She challenged me to register on that same forum with a female-sounding name. I did. I made a female sock puppet on that forum.

Not only was I attacked too, but it was actually worse. I learned that males get a particular kind of poisonous caterpillar up their urethras if they even suspect a female of being smarter than they are. (I wouldn't know, since I've never met anyone smarter than I am, but for all I know, I would get this way too and not even notice it. That actually terrifies me, that I might be like that.)

It was even worse than that: After enduring the attacks as best I could, I actually got seriously depressed. I began to think less of my own intellect. Eventually I couldn't stand it anymore and returned some of the insults in kind. I was banned from that forum. Being treated like a girl is something only females can endure, I think. They're all a little dead inside, because females are not expected to make good arguments. If they're 10s, what they say is golden regardless, and if they're not 10s, they're expected to shut the %$#& up, fat cow. Imagine having that intellectual need and never being able to satisfy it.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Post by Major Malfunction » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:48 am

Well, I haven't seen anything like that here. We've had many female posters over time, many of them well respected and loved. It's almost like you leave your gender at the door. Here it seems the only thing that matters is your ideas. Say dumb {!#%@}, you'll get jumped on, regardless of what you've got between your legs.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Post by Major Malfunction » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:15 pm

landrew wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:13 pm
Nah, just fighting skills. Harleys are junk.
Opinions differ. They have their pros. I like the retro styling. I've always liked the black and chrome. I like the sound. But I hate it at 3 AM when they drive by my house. Get a {!#%@} muffler, you {!#%@}! I dunno how they're legally sold with our EPA engine noise laws. Saying that, the rice rockets are just as loud.

Rice rockets are great for acceleration, speed, and cornering. But they're no good for cruising. I'm a large chap, and I'm no Speedracer. I'm in no hurry to die. Rice rockets are too cramped in the seating position. They're not built for large-framed European guys that enjoy going for long Sunday rides along curvy country roads with a friend on the back.

I'm a cruiser. I prefer a bike that feels more like a couch. Yamaha and Honda cater quite well in the cruiser market. I really don't care about brands, just does it suit my tastes and requirements.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Mon May 27, 2019 7:56 pm

Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

landrew
Has No Life

Post by landrew » Mon May 27, 2019 8:18 pm

Amazing story, no matter how many skeptics $#!& all over it.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue May 28, 2019 3:20 pm

Non-skeptics love that {!#%@}.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Post by Major Malfunction » Tue May 28, 2019 4:23 pm

Skeptics love that {!#%@}, too. It's our raison d'etre.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Tue May 28, 2019 4:54 pm

could learn a lot from kids...

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue May 28, 2019 8:31 pm

gorgeous wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 4:54 pm
could learn a lot from kids...
Like how to think immaturely. :roll:

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life

Post by Lance Kennedy » Tue May 28, 2019 8:41 pm

G needs to learn from people who can think rationally.

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Wed May 29, 2019 10:50 am

Lance Kennedy wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 8:41 pm
G needs to learn from people who can think rationally.
"The opportunity passed him by."

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Post by Major Malfunction » Wed May 29, 2019 11:20 am

Whoops! :)

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:38 pm

info from people regressed to previous lives......------As the time approaches for rebirth, we go to a space where a number of bodies are reviewed that might meet our goals. We have a chance to look into the future here and actually test out different bodies before making a choice.

— Destiny of Souls, Michael Newton
pg. 8, 2003-------Once a soul has decided to incarnate again, the next stage in the return process is to be directed to the place of life selection. Souls consider when and where they want to go on Earth before making a decision on who they will be in their new life.

— Journey of Souls: Case Studies of Life Between Lives, Michael Newton
-----------------A few of my more advanced clients declare that highly advanced souls who specialize in seeking out suitable hosts for young souls, evaluated life on Earth for over a million years. My impression is these examiner souls found the early hominid brain cavity and restricted voice box to be inadequate for soul development earlier than some 200,000 years ago.

— Journey of Souls: Case Studies of Life Between Lives, Michael Newton---------------------Many humans do not come close to achieving their lessons in their lifetimes because they are not open to the higher consciousness, and they are not open to other dimensional worlds. They are strictly living within their three-dimensional world and are not understanding the consequences of every action and every thought that one has in the three-dimensional world.

AgreeAll incarnations in your realm, answered the angel, are designed to move across the baser levels of darkness. There is a vibration of hatred. The vibration of separation from God, the vibration of nonacceptance, the vibration of fear-these things all exist as hidden levels of a frequency we would equate to sound. It has an effect on human bodies that is unbeknownst, unseen, not measureable.

— Courageous Souls: Do We Plan Our Life Challenges Before Birth?, Robert Schwartz----------------------At some point prior to birth, the soul will carefully touch and join more fully with the impressionable, developing brain of a baby...Depending upon the inclinations of the particular soul involved, the connection may be early or late in the mother's pregnancy. I have had cases where souls timed their arrival at the last minute during delivery, but this is unusual. My findings indicate even those souls who join the baby early seem to do a lot of traveling outside the mother's womb during her term.

— Journey of Souls: Case Studies of Life Between Lives, Michael Newton

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:52 pm

more info from regressions...journey of souls book -----------Spirit lights demonstrate color that correlates with their state of spiritual evolution.
The spirit world resembles one great schoolhouse with a multitude of classooms under the direction of teacher-souls who monitor progress.
All souls have a personal guide who may be with them for thousands of years and many lives.
Junior guides are often assigned as well, later in the development of a soul.
Guides can appear as humans as well as spirits.
Most souls in the world today are in an early stage of development.
Spirits can experience two lives on earth at the same time.
A dormant part of our soul remains in heaven during incarnations.
Souls learn the techniques of creation of physical items by thought, starting with simple assignments.
Souls incarnate on worlds other than earth.
The evolution of souls can continue way beyond the level where incarnation no longer takes place.
Souls are reincarnating more frequently in recent centuries, and today would have roughly two lives during the past century.
Souls are not required to reincarnate but considerable pressure is brought to bear by spirit guides when the time is considered right.
Souls go to a place of life selection in order to examine alternative lives to lead.
There is a tendency for spirits to reincarnate in the same geographical area they were in during past lives.
The effort required to overcome a physical disability accelerates spiritual evolution.
Souls learn prior to a new reincarnation to recognize future earthly signs from other souls they may encounter on earth with whom they have been close in the spirit world.
Souls leave heaven for entering the body of an infant through a tunnel.
The physical shock of birth is greater than that of death.
Souls can arrive in the infant's body anytime before, during or slightly after the moment of birth.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:00 pm

^^^^ regressions were also done several decades ago with the same concepts and info given.....

landrew
Has No Life

Post by landrew » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:26 pm

In the early medieval period, the doctrines of pre-existence and reincarnation only existed as Jesus’ secret teachings. In 553 AD this information was declared heresy at the Second Council of Constantinople. The Roman Church decided to destroy all the teachings which talked about it. The Catholic doctrine and the priests’ source of wealth could have been in danger if people believed that they would come back to life many times. The old knowledge faced the same fate as many ancient books by pre-Christian writers. The bishops were afraid of the knowledge which could prove that the institution of the Church wasn't the only option to bring “eternal life” to people.
https://www.ancient-origins.net/history ... ity-006320

Makes sense when I think about it. The best way to live this life is to believe it's the only one we will ever have.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:46 pm

yes the church is always about power and control

Darren Wilshak
Frequent Poster

Post by Darren Wilshak » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:40 pm

Any opinions on future lives?
"We are still waiting for anyone to rebut the main theme of the article that the decode in question and the numbers it quoted perfectly match those in the Korherr report.

Until such a rebuttal comes to light and goes through peer review the article stands the test of time. And after 10 years since the article was published both Peter (Witte) and I have moved on to other research projects. "

AHF

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:47 am

time ---past, present, future all occur now on different levels of consciousness..our limited concept of time is an illusion.......quantum physics is learning that...that atoms exist on multiple dimensions at the same time.......people regressed have seen some future lives of theirs..they can change any time.......people who learn to travel out of body have also met some of their future selves and lives...they appear more aware and godlike in those lives......they learn their more wise future self is helping their current self on earth....odd yes...don't know how it works tho....but it seems souls learn to switch levels of life easily...one scene seen decades ago and currently is something drastic happens and the population on Earth is greatly diminished....people are sent to colonies on other planets as a result.....

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:46 pm

from journey of souls book......-----there is a career driven woman regressed to her recent past life as a male prosecutor in Oklahoma...the male was given humble farmer parents but he got caught up in money and power ...later regretted prosecuting needy people , some got death penalty and he killed himself....as he went to meet his advisor in the afterlife he laughed as he saw his advisor in a re creation of his fav western bar on earth....they created that environment to make him more at ease...his guide was at a table in the bar.....told him they gave him moral parents and he needed to stay modest but he failed.........in the next life as a woman he again got caught up in money and power doing real estate shady deals...he thought he could use power as a woman to weaken men and make money.....she now vows to do better.....-------another one in afterlife is looking at multiple dimension living book of her past lives and sees a trend in past flaws......another person has 2 main guides but has tried again to get rid of one he says is not doing enough to advise him...still hasn't worked to get rid of the guide.........some guides are more involved , others let you make more mistakes to learn from...........another group of friends meet in the afterlife and joke and kid each about their lives....how one became a bishop because he wanted to help people but enjoyed the power and attention and he had an affair with a young woman, another was a sailor on a ship who saved a drowning man and was admired for that...the most advanced was one of the friends who had a pub and gave many poor people food and shelter....that friend would be leaving the group to advance to a higher level as he has made more progress than the others

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Post by Major Malfunction » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:10 am

Darren Wilshak wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:40 pm
The future is a quantum spray of infinite threads,
Spreading out forever and ever.
What we do now,
Ties them together.
To what end?

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life

Post by Lance Kennedy » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:11 am

Future lives ?

Sure. There will be lots of future lives. Humans have this habit of having children, who grow up and have more children, who grow up and have even more children, and so on. The future is full of new human lives.

ElectricMonk
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Post by ElectricMonk » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:14 am

I've got my eyes on a nice zygote, 80 years from now; good location (i.e. parentage), plus up-to-date genetic enhancement and an option package for becoming full-cyborg.
I'm set for my next life!

TJrandom
Has No Life
Custom Title: Salt of the earth

Post by TJrandom » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:40 am

I'm waiting for full physical replacement - with everything I know passed back to me - especially the mistakes I have made, so I don't make them again. For example, reading and responding to this BS thread...

landrew
Has No Life

Post by landrew » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:31 pm

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:00 pm

Major Malfunction wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:10 am
Darren Wilshak wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:40 pm
The future is a quantum spray of infinite threads,
Spreading out forever and ever.
What we do now,
Ties them together.
To what end?
that's true....endless options and choices to make....when one finishes and learns all they need to know about life on a physical planet they will become a teacher to others, then later move on to other dimensions....

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Post by Major Malfunction » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:24 pm

Yeah, nah. *snip*

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:41 pm

it is your destiny

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Post by Major Malfunction » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:07 pm

If you strike me down I'll become more powerful than you could ever imagine.

I'll be a Force ghost, and sometimes I'll pop in for parties.