opinions on past lives?

PSI, Mediums, Ghosts, UFOs, Things That Go Bump In The Night
Kamil
Poster

opinions on past lives?

Post by Kamil » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:54 am

I found this interesting video on youtube, with children recalling supposed past lives. They seem genuine, do you think this demonstrates that reincarnation exists?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLnTl3PRZL0

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Re: opinions on past lives?

Post by gorgeous » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:17 am

yes
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

TJrandom
Has No Life
Custom Title: Salt of the earth

Post by TJrandom » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:27 am

Oh, I thought you meant past lives as in when in HS, or when bonking Mary, or when I worked in an old company that made minuteman missile wiring harnesses, or when party lines were the norm and you could listen in to everybody’s phone calls... but you actually mean before conception? Hell NO!

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:48 am

The mechanism for transferal of memory requires a lot of explanation before anyone would accept the idea.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Monster » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:13 pm

Kamil wrote:They seem genuine, do you think this demonstrates that reincarnation exists?
No.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

Poodle
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Post-bloom

Post by Poodle » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:15 pm

... on the other hand, it's very good evidence of human gullibility.

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:39 pm

"{!#%@}' voodoo, mon!"

Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:44 pm

listverse----So as through a glass and darkly, the age long strife I see,
Where I fought in many guises, many names, but always me.

It is not widely known that General George S. Patton was also a poet. The verses above, from his poem “Through A Glass Darkly,” is a statement of his belief that he had been reborn many times, always as a soldier. The poem describes how Patton fought in the Greek phalanx against the Persian Cyrus, as a Roman legionnaire, as a medieval warrior at Crecy, and as a sailor on a warship. Patton also remembered serving under Napoleon as a general
-----------For a Briton, former Genesis frontman Phil Collins is strangely obsessed by the siege of the Alamo in far-off San Antonio, Texas. His interest is consuming. Before donating it to the Alamo, Collins had owned the largest private collection of artifacts and documents relating to the 1836 battle in which the Mexican army virtually wiped out the American garrison. Something in the story strikes a chord in Collins, and a hint of a psychic connection appeared while he was still a child.

Phil used to play with his toy soldiers and reenact the battle of the Alamo. Whenever he finished playing, Phil would have an inexplicable urge to burn his plastic soldiers. It was only many years later that he found out that Mexican General Santa Anna had ordered the bodies of the Texan defenders to be cremated.
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:46 pm

--------Famous Believers in Reincarnation | Edgar Cayce's A.R.E.

https://www.edgarcayce.org/about-us/blo ... carnation/

----------------------------Benjamin Franklin wrote and distributed versions of his own epitaph: “The Body of B. Franklin, Printer, like the Cover of an old Book, Its Contents torn out, And stript of its Lettering and Gilding, Lies here, Food for Worms. But the Work shall not be wholly lost; For it will, as he believ'd, appear once more, In a new and more elegant Edition, Revised and Corrected By the Author.”
Voltaire: “It is not more surprising to be born twice than once; everything in nature is resurrection.”
George Eliot: “Our deeds still travel with us from afar. And what we have been makes us what we are.”
Goethe: “I am certain I have been here as I am now a thousand times before, and I hope to return a thousand times.”
Leo Tolstoy: “...so is our present life only one of many thousands of such lives which we enter from the other, more real life...and then return after death.”
---------------------Henry Ford: “I adopted the theory of Reincarnation when I was 26...Work is futile if we cannot utilize the experience we collect in one life in the next. When I discovered Reincarnation it was as if I had found a universal plan... Time was no longer limited. I was no longer a slave to the hands of the clock... Genius is experience... It is the fruit of long experience in many lives... The discovery of Reincarnation put my mind at ease...”
Carl Jung: “I could well imagine that I might have lived in former centuries and there encountered questions I was not yet able to answer; that I had to be born again because I had not fulfilled the task that was given to me.”
Richard Wagner: “In contrast to reincarnation and karma, all other views seem petty and narrow.”
Walt Whitman: “And as to you, Life, I reckon you are the leaving of many deaths; (no doubt I have died myself 10,000 times before).”
Mark Twain: “I have been born more times than anybody except Krishna.”
David Lloyd George: “The conventional heaven with its angels perpetually singing, etc., nearly drove me mad in my youth and made me an atheist for 10 years. My opinion is that we shall be reincarnated.”
William Wordsworth: “Our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting; the Soul that rises with us, our life’s Star, hath had elsewhere its setting, and cometh from afar. Not in entire forgetfulness and not in utter nakedness, but trailing clouds of glory do we come...”
Rudyard Kipling: “They will come back–come back again–as long as the red earth rolls. He never wasted a leaf or a tree. Do you think He would squander souls?”
John Masefield: “I hold that when a person dies His soul returns again to earth; arrayed in some new flesh-disguise another mother gives him birth. With sturdier limbs and brighter brain the old soul takes the road again.”
Thomas Edison: “The only survival I can conceive is to start a new Earth cycle again.”
Kahlil Gibran: “A little while, a moment of rest upon the wind, and another woman shall bear me.”
William Butler Yeats: “Many times man lives and dies...”

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:44 pm

more and more little kids are claiming they died in the twin towers on 911....some worked there, some were firemen...

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life
Custom Title: Super Skeptic

Post by Lance Kennedy » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:07 am

The last three posts are clear proof that gullibility exists on the skeptics forum.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:08 am

sorry facts scare you

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:51 am

The thing about kiddies and the adults they grow up to be: you can tell them ANYTHING..........and they will believe it.

Just Look...........especially: inwards. What BS do you still cling to? I have my own list, ha, ha: it "feels" good. Thanks Ma and Pa!!!!!
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life

Post by Lance Kennedy » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:23 am

gorgeous wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:08 am
sorry facts scare you
See if you can understand this, gorgeous.
If someone says something it does NOT prove it is so. People lie, or make mistakes, or are downright deluded. Some are stark raving mad.

If something is weird, like reincarnation, then it is going to take very strong evidence to demonstrate it is even possibly correct.

I know that you have a strong desire to believe that which is fantastic. That is a major weakness. Wanting to believe something should make you even more skeptical, not less, or else you are a pushover for swindlers.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: prostrate spurge

Post by Gord » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:54 am

Okay, who resurrected this thread?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:37 am

As usual, the resident ghoulible. :pardon:
Lard, save me from your followers.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:42 am

-----Molly Curnutte says her son Cade was a very quiet baby but at the age of three, he began to wake up screaming about planes crashing into buildings, and the Statue of Liberty and falling to his death.

The man who Cade was in his past life, had a corner office in the north tower, from which he could see the Statue of Liberty. Cade says, he was honorably discharged from the U.S. military. He commuted to his workplace by motorcycle. On the day of the attack the ceiling above him collapsed, completely blocking access to the stairwell. And his remains are still at the site.

Cade also remembered the full name of his former self... Robert Pattison. There was a man named Robert Pattison who worked at the north tower. He was a veteran of the U.S. Air Force. He was on floor 110 on the day of the attack. DNA testing established his identity, however only one small bone fragment of this man was found. The rest of his remains are on site. ------------Molly's young son said he chose the family into which he wanted to be reborn. Additionally he wanted his mother to call him "Bob" because he did not like the name he was given. Mr. Pattison also hated his given name, Robert. Everyone called him "Bob".---------In 2012 a woman known only as Leslie confided online that her younger sister passed away on 9/11. She was in the south tower on the 81st floor. Leslie received a phone call from a producer at the National Geographic channel. The producer was filming a documentary about a two year old girl who recalled her previous life as a businesswoman, and identified herself specifically as a World Trade Center victim by pointing to different photographs of Leslie's sister.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:47 am

Rachel Nolan is a mother who claims her nearly 4-year-old son, Thomas, is the reincarnation of a deceased firefighter. The boy has been talking for one year about what happened that September 11 during the attacks at the World Trade Center. It all started when the child was asked what he wanted to be when he grew up, to which he replied: “I don’t just want to be a firefighter, I have always been and already am a firefighter!”. This took everyone by surprise, but he went on to say: “I used to get up in the morning, go to work and in the evenings I would come home and take off my fire proximity suit.”

The mother thought that these were just children’s games, although she found the level of detail to be unsettling, for instance, he said he used an ax to check if there was fire behind walls and to flee if there was danger at the site, but something more shocking than this occurred when the boy saw a picture of the World Trade Center in a magazine and said, “The bad men burnt these buildings, and people had to jump and I couldn’t help”, “There were people waiting for firefighters, waiting for me but I could not get there to help them.”
---------------- Thomas gave details of the exact model of the truck used by the firefighters in Manhattan, a Ford Johnson R8. Rachel kept listening to her son because in the family was no firemen and no one who could have given details of what happened in the attacks of 2001. The child spoke with confidence as if it were the firefighter living in that little body after reincarnating, something really incredible.

Another case of a child who claimed to be a firefighter who rescued people during the 9/11 attacks was introduced by a woman who called to a radio station, saying her son started to describe very specific circumstances of that day as soon as he started to talk. The boy even said that he had been able to decide that she was going to be his mother.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:01 am

My son was 3 when we got up early Thanksgiving 2011 to begin cooking dinner. I turned the t.v. on and began to make coffee. The t.v. had commercials on, and my son and I were both watching, waiting for the parade to come on. I had never watched the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade with my son before, as we had previously lived in a different house which did not have a television in the kitchen. In years past, he would have been in the kitchen with me, sitting in his high chair, or probably still asleep in his crib.
The commercial break ended, and a quick scene of the city showed on the scene, but the announcers had not yet begun to speak. My son blurted out excitedly, “MAMA! That’s New York City!” I smiled and said, “Really? How do you know what city that is?” He looked at astonished and said, “Don’t tell me you don’t remember what happened!” I said, “What do you mean?” “Mama! Those buildings that fell! I was in them helping people when they fell! I was a fireman. How could you NOT know that?” I replied that I remember buildings falling, but that I did not realize that he had been in them. He calmly replied, “Well, I was.”--------------- he had asked for a fire fighter costume he had seen in a catalougue. When he got it, he never took it off except to go to school and to sleep.
I once took him to a local fire station. A fireman there was very happy to show us around. The fireman asked my son if he would like to get inside the truck. My son said yes, so the fireman picked him up and put him in the driver’s seat. Before the man could do anything else, my son had put the headphones on, and began to reach for switches that would have turned on the lights and sirens had my son been able to reach them. The fireman laughed and said, “I guess his dad is a fireman?” But his expression changed to shock when I told him that no one we had ever known was a fireman, and also that this was my son’s very first time in afire truck. After my son got down from inside, the fireman tried to tell my son where things were located on the truck, but my son already knew all of it: where the shovels were, what various cabinets held before they were opened, and even what truck was for what purpose. I admit that I was freaked out as well. The firemen of that station invited him back several times, even to wash the trucks, and each man that met my son was equally impressed with my son’s knowledge of equipment and procedures that he had never been shown nor seen somewhere in this lifetime.-----------------…He has also gone on extensively about the type of trucks he was in…the color bucket on the truck and how it feels to come down from up high in the bucket…very detailed about firefighting and has stated he’s not a firefighter he’s fire rescue…we have no firefighters in the family but the details I could go on with forever…he also talks about his friend Mike that is also a firefighter…It has opened my eyes to a whole new reality…my husband still doesn’t want to believe it but the details are far too much for a three year old to make up…it makes me feel better some one else is experiencing this too

I’m pretty confident that what my son has been telling me is from a past life…there’s no way he would know all this at his age! Also the tone of his voice is completely different and he also will laugh a lot if I ask him anything…like why are you asking me this you know i know the answers…I’m very aware not to ask him anything specific because he only tells me what he wants at that time…which is always before bed or after he wakes in the morning…tonight he told me he likes to drive thru red lights with the sirens on when he doesn’t actually have to and then he laughs! His info comes in spurts though usually a whole lot at a time then a lull and then more…

He told me that I would really enjoy the Christmas parties at his fire station…everyone always have lots of fun…he said they got a new fire truck because their old one is wrecked…he has said this several times about a new fire truck with a TV in it and maps and a boat on top…also he has tried to give me directions to his fire station…funny coming from a three year old actually…he says you take a left then a right and his station is on the left with another across the street on the right. He told me he trains the new guys coming thru and his friend mike is with the older guys…there is so much in the last year I could go on forever…but there really has been less and less in the past few months..detail wise anyway that maybe he his forgetting already…oh he has said his friend Mike has two or three kids but one is the biggest four year old boy he’s ever seen…

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:30 am

Say gorgeous: lets say past lives are true?....So I wonder: so what? Two consequences are of interest to me.

1. So What?........of what functionality would it be?? Lets take everyone at their word that they were past Kings and Queens rather than simple farmers or slaves...........so what? What is learned, what is gained? Of what use is the past life or the knowledge of the past life?? Seems to me that unless you can use your past knowledge to go out into the desert and dig up some buried treasure.....how does a past life have any effect on the present? If there is no effect, it is the very same as if not existing. Please connect some dots?

2. What of those like me that have no inkling of any past life? Am I a fresh first time soul?? And like No 1...if I have no inkling and I am recycled then so what? No inkling is the same as zero functionality and the same as not existing.

You see the issue?
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:12 pm

they were past Kings and Queens -----who said that??------have your kids brought you buried treasure?...no?then what purpose do they have????????why have them??===========what do you learn from anything? you learn how to fix relationships, skills, creativeness, how to stay healthy, what causes sickness, how to help others, learn history, sciences, learn to control thoughts and emotions...you value safety more, know how to use energy on the physical dimension, as seth said the earth is a school...and it is said we will all be teachers to others as higher evolved beings are teaching us now...helping us.........as you get older you forget more as you are more immersed in this life...as it is meant to be...unconsciously you remember all....you have to come back to correct your flaws and understand more about life and death....will only come back to help others later, then leave the earth for good and go to other systems for experiences and learning...and so on ...forever....

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:17 pm

HEY!!!! You are right. My kiddies have never brought me buried treasure. They did dig some up once and bring that. Little bastards.

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life

Post by Lance Kennedy » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:02 am

All the so-called "evidence" the gullible quotes consists of what someone has said. That is not real evidence. It is just assorted verbal garbage. Now if what Bobbo suggested was shown to happen, ie. a person claiming memory of a past life were to use that memory to find buried treasure, that might be considered evidence. But it does not happen.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:24 am

why obsessed with buried treasure?...unless you can find buried treasure you don't exist...get on it....

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:05 am

Ha, ha...........G asked: "why obsessed................" //// thats a knee slapper for sure.

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life

Post by Lance Kennedy » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:31 am

It is not treasure we are concerned with, but evidence. An assertion without good evidence is just so much hot air. Gorgeous names lots of assertions and her "evidence " is that someone claimed it. That is why I name him/her or it gullible gorgeous.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:33 am

Lance Kennedy wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:31 am
It is not treasure we are concerned with, but evidence. An assertion without good evidence is just so much hot air. Gorgeous names lots of assertions and her "evidence " is that someone claimed it. That is why I name him/her or it gullible gorgeous.
Don't get obsessed Lance. THAT is Gorgeous' job.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:15 am

little kids said it....they gave details they couldn't have known...

TJrandom
Has No Life

Post by TJrandom » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:32 pm

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Wait... we need an automated :roll: :roll: :roll: insertion feature.

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life

Post by Lance Kennedy » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:50 pm

gorgeous wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:15 am
Wow !

And you have never heard a little kid tell a lie ?
What a sheltered life you have led.

TJrandom
Has No Life

Post by TJrandom » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:30 pm

Lance Kennedy wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:50 pm
gorgeous wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:15 am
Wow !

And you have never heard a little kid tell a lie ?
What a sheltered life you have led.
The kid doesn't even need to be lying - but rather just repeating what a parent or other adult has said. Child abuse, iMO.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:04 pm

.they gave details they couldn't have known..

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:13 am

Simply repeating the same nonsense won't have the same results here as it does in your circles, georgie.
Lard, save me from your followers.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:16 am

I know yall have trouble in facts that support something you don't believe in

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:22 am

gorgeous wrote: I know yall have trouble in facts that support something you don't believe in
No Gorgeous. We are more entertained that in five years, you are still unable to supply any supporting facts. You simply post fairy tales and anecdotes from the comic books you read.

You can't even set out a hypothesis for what reincarnation is, that makes any sense.
:lol: :lol:

TJrandom
Has No Life

Post by TJrandom » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:03 am

gorgeous wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:16 am
I know yall have trouble in facts that support something you don't believe in
Testing testing... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Post by Major Malfunction » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:43 am

Memories are extremely complex structures in the brain, and I just don't see any physical way of transcribing that "on the fly" into the DNA in your gonads.

Especially in females, considering their gametes (eggs) are all produced and stored in a kind of stasis/hibernation before birth. They don't make new ones. What you've got is what you've got.

So that means the only memories a female could ever transmit via DNA memory transcription is ever being a foetus in the womb.

Blokes, producing sperm all the time, maybe could transcribe memories onto their gametes. To the point six months before conception, because that's how long it takes a sperm to be "born" and mature.

So, if we're talking about genetically-transferred memories through some kind of unknown epigenetics mechanism, you'd expect only the past lives of men to be expressed.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:05 pm

not from genes ...from soul

Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Post by Major Malfunction » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:07 pm

gorgeous wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:05 pm
not from genes ...from soul
Oh, OK.

Some kind of magic that can't be measured.

Sounds legit...
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:10 pm

do you have a mind that can be measured? no?...then you must not have a mind..