back on the road.
As told in church?
Lard, save me from your followers.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Re: Where are the aliens?

Post by scrmbldggs » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:39 am

Angelic intervention, for sure:

(You can see its white wing flapping in the background. :-P)

Angel
Frequent Poster
Custom Title: LOVE

Post by Angel » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:54 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
Angel wrote:There was a young girl at the church
we attended in my teens. She was raised
above the car so as not to be hit then placed
back on the road.
As told in church?
By the people that were there when it happened.
You want to talk?
You know where I am. :lol:

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:57 am

Angel wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:
back on the road.
As told in church?
May I ask what kind of church? And did you hear it directly from the 'eyewitnesses' and were they members of said church?

Angel
Frequent Poster

Post by Angel » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:06 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
Angel wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:
back on the road.
As told in church?
May I ask what kind of church? And did you hear it directly from the 'eyewitnesses' and were they members of said church?
World Wide Church Of God
In Peterborough On Canada.
Yes they all attended this church.
You want to talk?

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life
Custom Title: Super Skeptic

Post by Lance Kennedy » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:48 am

I witnessed the same thing. I was walking down the footpath and a drunk guy in front of me lurched out onto the road in front of a car. The impact tossed him into the air and right over the car. Amazingly, he landed safely and carried on walking (well, lurching actually). I went to him and asked him if he needed medical help. He told me to p** off. Obviously a miracle!!

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:11 am

back on the road.
Most of us were raised in homes.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:54 pm

Amongst the most controversial people in the world of Ufology is David Jacobs, Ph.D.
According to Wikipedia, the recently retired Associate Professor of History at Temple University specializing in 20th century American history and culture. Jacobs is particularly well known in the field of Ufology for his research and authoring of books on the subject of alleged alien abductions.

Jacobs obtained his Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin–Madison in 1973, in the field of intellectual history. He wrote his dissertation on the controversy over unidentified flying objects in America.[1] A revised edition of his dissertation was published as The UFO Controversy in America by Indiana University Press in 1975, and sold out (very unusual for an academic work). [ytube][/ytube]
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

ElectricMonk
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Post by ElectricMonk » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:25 am

Lance Kennedy wrote:EM

The only species able to get to the moon is human, and we have already done it. We are already preparing for Mars. I doubt it will stop there.
biologically speaking, we haven't: we carried Earth's atmosphere with us and created an earth-like environment to survive. At no time were the astronauts directly exposed to the Moon or vice versa.

You might as well say that a goldfish manages to live on land because it sits in your aquarium.

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life

Post by Lance Kennedy » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:26 am

EM

That matters not a damn.
Humans create a salubrious environment for ourselves anywhere we go. The moon environment is just an extreme example. Eventually, there will be a colony on Mars, in which humans take local resources like ice, and turn them into the things we need, like oxygen. It will require substantial energy, but within a few decades we should have deuterium based nuclear fusion. There has even been several global conferences on the terraforming of Mars - turning the whole planet into something hospitable to people.

My view is that living in totally artificial environments will come in due course, including troglodyte living, and habitats in space. Humans will thrive there, as we have in all earthly habitats.

ElectricMonk
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by ElectricMonk » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:43 pm

LK,

this is the mistake all 'Galactic Empire' thinkers make: you equate technological expansions with biological expansion.
We might send probes all over the galaxy. We might even find some planets we can terraform into earth-equivalents, and then transfer Earth species (including humans there.

But that has nothing to do with biological adaptive expansion: that only happens when a specie adapted to one environment also manages to survive in a so far unoccupied niche. If we manage to genetically engineer species capable of living on Mars as it is now, we would actually extend our biosphere.
Otherwise, we are just copy&pasting it.

The difference is crucial, because if we just do a Galactic Mono-culture, we are almost as vulnerable to extinctions on a hundred planets as on one.

And because it is so difficult to transplant an evolutionary process that has adapted fro billions of years in one place to another, going into space for the sake of expansion is probably not going to happen. We can see this in earth's oceans: the vast majority of earth's water is basically dead, with a few spots near surfaces or ocean vents supporting (vastly different forms of) life.

Similarly, we won't find many planets that have a compatible amount of gravity, length of day and solar intensity that could even in theory be made livable for Homo Sapiens.

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:58 pm

The difference is crucial, because if we just do a Galactic Mono-culture, we are almost as vulnerable to extinctions on a hundred planets as on one.
Almost being the key. If the planets were largely isolated, populated by cryo-ships or generation ships, they wouldn't be as vulnerable as the ones in a scenario where full and frequent intercourse* is possible.

*Yeah, that was deliberate, have it, you pervs.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:48 pm

Intercourse is a perfectly acceptable word. Only pervs would take issue with it. :mrgreen:

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:55 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:Intercourse is a perfectly acceptable word. Only pervs would take issue with it. :mrgreen:
That's what I meant. :roll:

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:02 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:Intercourse is a perfectly acceptable word. Only pervs would take issue with it. :mrgreen:
That's what I meant. :roll:
And I agreed. :paper:

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life

Post by Lance Kennedy » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:22 pm

EM

As I said, all that is irrelevant. Humans succeed by modifying their environment. We have done that since the first prehuman used fire. Today, we build cities. In the future, we will build space habitats, and airtight cities on hostile planets. It is the human ability to modify the environment that makes us successful. Assuming no major disasters, humans will probably go on to colonise our galaxy. Most science fiction writers present this outcome as colonising Earth-like planets. I disagree. I do not think there are going to be too many Earth-like planets. Instead we will live in totally artificial environments, and we will thrive.

Humans are the only mammal to have successfully colonised the whole world, without hitch hiking on the vessels of another mammal (meaning humans). We are now planning the next stage of this expansion. Mars colonies, and asteroid mining. After that, what then? I seriously doubt that we are going to be overcome with the sickness of philosophy and settle down to contemplate the whichness of the why for eternity.

ElectricMonk
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by ElectricMonk » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:15 pm

Let's approach this from a game-theory angle:

space colonization will be for the few: the Earth can support 10billion+, but even a full generation-ship will probably house less than a city-sized amount of humans, if it even houses people at all and not only bio-printing machines plus gene sequences and robots.
But these things will cost the equivalent of a few global GDPs to build and permanently deplete the planet of important resources.

So in effect, those who will not benefit from space colonization will have to pay for it.

The only scenario where space-travel would be widely supported would be if there was a clear danger of a global extinction level meteorite strike that could not the diverted or the sun starting to go supernova.
And unless such an event was determinable 200+ years in advance, not a significant fraction of the earth's population could be evacuated into space, leaving again a majority to sacrifice itself for the benefit of the few.

The only thing that would make space expansion viable would be the discovery of Unobtanium somewhere, some thing that would be worth throwing endless resources after. Alternatively, space travel would have to become essentially cost free and resource neutral. Only if colonization imposes no costs on the starting planet will it be feasible. Otherwise it will just not get funded.
Some people might do a lot of {!#%@} just for the heck of it, but whole populations must see clear benefits or they won't bother. And even the most luxurious space habitat will never be as spacious, comfortable and safe as the actual origin planet.

Since you mention sci-fi: a common theme is that humans only take to the stars because earth is no longer habitable. otherwise they would stay.

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life

Post by Lance Kennedy » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:46 pm

EM

Space travel will not be the result of a single decision. It will not be the equivalent of JFK saying "Let's go to the moon." Instead, it will be a slow progression. An evolution. There are already plans to send people to Mars, and other groups planning to mine asteroids. These will take time. But eventually, we can expect a colony on Mars, and we can expect habitats in space to mine asteroids.

After that, we can expect habitats to get bigger. Do not forget that, well before any of tis happens, we will have robots capable of working in space, and building stuff. Construction will be way cheaper than it is now. With asteroid mining, there will be abundant material for such construction. Asteroid mining will be mainly for rare metals, like platinum, rhenium, technecium and so on. But there will be vast amounts of iron, aluminium and so on as by products, not worth the effort of shipping to Earth. It seems to me logical that such material will be used to make bigger and more comfortable habitats in space.

Given the existence of large space habitats, travel further afield is made simple. Just add an ion drive, or similar engine to the habitat, load up with essentials, and go. There is abundant water ice in the asteroid belt, and that is the main requirement for life (it gets broken down to make oxygen). Travel to other star systems is no more difficult than travel between planets in our own star system. It just takes a lot longer. But we can also expect human life span to become extraordinary within a few centuries, with advances in medicine and in genetic modification. If someone has a life span of 200 years, then taking 50 years to travel to another star system becomes a lot more acceptable.

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:59 pm

gorgeous wrote:obe travelers at the Monroe Institute used to be sent to the moon when out of body...they had to stop sending people there because they just found it barren and boring...the Monroe Institutel also sent people from NASA and others out of body out of our solar system , too.....
I....uh....what?
A sober appraisal would put Himmler himself in the racially average band, or to some extent even below it: his face was round rather than oval, his nose more broad than slim, his normal bearing more ‘sagging’ than erect...
Longerich: Himmler

Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?
:lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31585&p=713843#p713843

ElectricMonk
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by ElectricMonk » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:03 pm

I'm more curious to know what the people of the Monroe Institute did with the bodies while they were "empty"...

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:04 pm

ElectricMonk wrote:I'm more curious to know what the people of the Monroe Institute did with the bodies while they were "empty"...
They used them for life sized tea parties.
A sober appraisal would put Himmler himself in the racially average band, or to some extent even below it: his face was round rather than oval, his nose more broad than slim, his normal bearing more ‘sagging’ than erect...

Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:19 pm

It would be kinda cool to have an alien race bring back Voyager.
First contact line:

"We found this. Does it belong to you? You should know, littering is against galactic law, there will be a fine."

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:37 pm

the bodies are monitored --heart, blood pressure....when out of body........if any problem occurs the person is called back to the body.... yes they were on the moon before the astronauts and out of our solar system.... [ytube][/ytube]
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:44 pm

gorgeous wrote:the bodies are monitored --heart, blood pressure....when out of body........if any problem occurs the person is called back to the body.... yes they were on the moon before the astronauts and out of our solar system.... [ytube][/ytube]

I see.
So, can this transmigration only occur if the subjects go to the moon? Is that the furthest the subject's soul can go or can they travel to someplace cooler, like Venus?

Because, frankly, that would be a cool place to go (cool in the sense that it would be a neat place to see, not cool as in temperature of Venus is hotter than hell).
I think it would be better NOT to have a body on Venus.

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:47 pm

gorgeous wrote:the bodies are monitored --heart, blood pressure....when out of body........if any problem occurs the person is called back to the body.... yes they were on the moon before the astronauts and out of our solar system.... [ytube][/ytube]
Oh, sorry, you did clarify that they did make it out of the Solar System.

So, did they meet anyone interesting?

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:56 pm

yes, many have been on other dimensions too...they met aliens and beings , some who had never had a physical body or been on a physical planet....some thought such things couldn't exist and thought they were crazy for saying physical bodies and planets exist....they also met beings of light who seemed far more advanced and helped them, guided them...........Monroe met his more aware future self who was helping his current self...he also met tormenting beings and one who seemed like God...but only as a Prescence..

Poodle
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Post-bloom

Post by Poodle » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:42 pm

I met a Moomin once, you know.
He wasn't very big.

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:48 pm

Poodle wrote:I met a Moomin once, you know.
He wasn't very big.
I thought they would be taller as well, it was very disappointing.

TJrandom
Has No Life
Custom Title: Salt of the earth

Post by TJrandom » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:02 pm

I have met Moonies...

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:01 am

ElectricMonk wrote:I'm more curious to know what the people of the Monroe Institute did with the bodies while they were "empty"...
You did know they lease them out to fashion retail stores, didn't you?
Munroe Dummies.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TJrandom
Has No Life
Custom Title: Salt of the earth

Post by TJrandom » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:38 am

Well I am safe then - not looking at all like those sleepers.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:40 pm

[ytube][/ytube]

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:26 am

gorgeous wrote: Snowden releases video of alien in August 2016.
Some slight problems Gorgeous.
1) Snowden didn't release any videos.

2) There are about ten conflicting UFO videos all claiming to be released by Edward Snowden. None of them are real or from Snowden.
http://www.theblackvault.com/casefiles/ ... echnology/#

Angel
Frequent Poster

Post by Angel » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:25 pm

gorgeous wrote:[ytube][/ytube]
I'm sorry but I have to lol at this alien.
He must be in hell. Had he been so intelligent
that he could live. He would also know how to
heal himself. Even the religious people
know the wars will end. Why does it sound like
a skeptic? What's up with sketchy videos?
The tech' is out there~ use it . lol
Does it have a beer belly still? Why do aliens
have big bellies? A quick cure for that is to
lay on your back and put a hot water bottle
on it. This warms the muscles to relax them
back to their natural state .
You want to talk?

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:02 am

Angel wrote: I'm sorry but I have to lol at this alien.
Neither you or Gorgeous actually watched the video. The creature claims to be a human, from Earth, from the distant future that travelled back in time.....yet speaks in contemporary English with 20th century idioms.

This fake video would not fool a child.

JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Post by JO 753 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:19 am

I think it wuz very well dun and woud fool many children and many adults. Keep in mind that we currently hav a con man in serious contention for prezident.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

Angel
Frequent Poster

Post by Angel » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:32 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Angel wrote: I'm sorry but I have to lol at this alien.
Neither you or Gorgeous actually watched the video. The creature claims to be a human, from Earth, from the distant future that travelled back in time.....yet speaks in contemporary English with 20th century idioms.

This fake video would not fool a child.
My bad.
I have to lol at this human from the future.
He must be from hell.
You want to talk?

Abdul Alhazred
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: Yes that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:58 pm

Just gotta share. :pr:

Aldous Huxley wrote:A government with a comprehensive plan for the betterment of society is a government that uses torture.

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:17 pm

"...that we know of..."

JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Post by JO 753 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:28 pm

Not everybody, so you cant rite 'we'.
Last edited by JO 753 on Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.