Performing Telekinesis after 14th May 2009

PSI, Mediums, Ghosts, UFOs, Things That Go Bump In The Night
User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 34971
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: prostrate spurge
Location: Transcona

Re: Performing Telekinesis after 14th May 2009

Post by Gord » Tue May 12, 2009 8:08 am

highflyertoo wrote:...if you Real Skeptics don't mind waiting, then I will perform telekinesis as written in my dreams of extraordinary future events.
Us skeptics, real or otherwise, do mind waiting. Personally, it would make me happy if you'd just stop talking about it until such time as you're prepared to show us something more than vague promises and lame excuses.

In the meantime, how's the weather? 8-)
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

highflyertoo
BANNED
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:36 pm

Re: Performing Telekinesis after 14th May 2009

Post by highflyertoo » Tue May 12, 2009 10:36 am

Seriously, how would the proving of telekinesis ''affect your lives'' ?

Would you skeptical people have a mental break down or would you burn all your skeptic memroabillia ?

You skeptics are in the ''mode'' of getting out of bed everyday and going about your daily skeptical rituals.


Do you people understand what the term ''drastic change'' actually incurrs ?

Telekinesis would be the ''irreversible drastic change''; once it begins, there's no going back.The juggernaut will continue until slain.

RosscoFW
New Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 7:08 am

Re: Performing Telekinesis after 14th May 2009

Post by RosscoFW » Tue May 12, 2009 11:37 am

So, is 14th still the deadline?

You GUARENTEED you would be performing telekinisis by 14th May 2009. if you don't, your predictions are wrong, is spite of loud protestations on your part that they wouldn't be.

So is tomorrow the big day or not???

RosscoFW
New Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 7:08 am

Re: Performing Telekinesis after 14th May 2009

Post by RosscoFW » Tue May 12, 2009 11:50 am

Just read where you've "Delayed" to 30th may.

When asked on JREF if you would admit error if you COULDN'T perform telekinesis by 14th May, you said something like "That would mean admitting the possibility of failure, which doesn't apply to me".

Well, I guess it does- here you are ADMITTING the prediction you made will NOT come true when you said it would.

You have repeatedly made a statement that you now concede is false. Why should we believe anything else you say?

highflyertoo
BANNED
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:36 pm

Re: Performing Telekinesis after 14th May 2009

Post by highflyertoo » Tue May 12, 2009 2:39 pm

RosscoFW wrote:Just read where you've "Delayed" to 30th may.

When asked on JREF if you would admit error if you COULDN'T perform telekinesis by 14th May, you said something like "That would mean admitting the possibility of failure, which doesn't apply to me".

Well, I guess it does- here you are ADMITTING the prediction you made will NOT come true when you said it would.

You have repeatedly made a statement that you now concede is false. Why should we believe anything else you say?
There are some things that are hard to explain. I have been playing a double game of survival since I was young.

I lie for the''great purpose of the greater cause''. If I don't lie against the LIE, then I will capitulate to the otherside. The otherside is the Demon World.
I have been deliberately losing for many years in order to use up vital time against the FOURTH BEAST KINGDOM.
The ''MEMBERS'' of the Fourth Beast Kingdom require me to submit, but I don't have to obey their threats of malicious intent.

I am the key to the beginning of the end.

My refusal to walk the walk of demons is causing Scriptural Prophecy to crumble and fade like a flower.
I HATE PROPHECY !

HghrSymmetry
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2029
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:11 pm
Custom Title: ViewClearerFromAbove

Re: Performing Telekinesis after 14th May 2009

Post by HghrSymmetry » Tue May 12, 2009 6:21 pm

hft,
Boy do we have some folks you'd love to meet. Please begin conversing with DBA and AOL. Ya'll should get along swimmingly.

-H "kidney spasms" S

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 34971
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: prostrate spurge
Location: Transcona

Re: Performing Telekinesis after 14th May 2009

Post by Gord » Tue May 12, 2009 7:22 pm

highflyertoo wrote:Seriously, how would the proving of telekinesis ''affect your lives'' ?
To judge from past experience: Very little.
Would you skeptical people have a mental break down or would you burn all your skeptic memroabillia ?
No to the mental breakdown, and no to burning my stuff. It's hard to tell which of my stuff is "skeptic memroabillia," but I assume you mean my pants.
You skeptics are in the ''mode'' of getting out of bed everyday and going about your daily skeptical rituals.
I don't do either with any consistency. But that's okay. Rituals are for non-skeptics, anyway.
Do you people understand what the term ''drastic change'' actually incurrs ?
Sure. It means I'll have to find somewhere else to buy my coffee.
Telekinesis would be the ''irreversible drastic change''; once it begins, there's no going back.The juggernaut will continue until slain.
Greaaaat, you're making predictions that you'll fail to make happen again. :sigh:

This is a skeptic forum. We don't care about untestable things. Show us something or get off the pot already.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

RosscoFW
New Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 7:08 am

Re: Performing Telekinesis after 14th May 2009

Post by RosscoFW » Tue May 12, 2009 7:26 pm

highflyertoo wrote:
RosscoFW wrote:Just read where you've "Delayed" to 30th may.

When asked on JREF if you would admit error if you COULDN'T perform telekinesis by 14th May, you said something like "That would mean admitting the possibility of failure, which doesn't apply to me".

Well, I guess it does- here you are ADMITTING the prediction you made will NOT come true when you said it would.

You have repeatedly made a statement that you now concede is false. Why should we believe anything else you say?
There are some things that are hard to explain. I have been playing a double game of survival since I was young.

I lie for the''great purpose of the greater cause''. If I don't lie against the LIE, then I will capitulate to the otherside. The otherside is the Demon World.
I have been deliberately losing for many years in order to use up vital time against the FOURTH BEAST KINGDOM.
The ''MEMBERS'' of the Fourth Beast Kingdom require me to submit, but I don't have to obey their threats of malicious intent.

I am the key to the beginning of the end.

My refusal to walk the walk of demons is causing Scriptural Prophecy to crumble and fade like a flower.
I HATE PROPHECY !
Two words.....

GET HELP NOW!!!

(OOPs, that's three!!)

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Performing Telekinesis after 14th May 2009

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue May 12, 2009 11:03 pm

highflyertoo wrote:Seriously, how would the proving of telekinesis ''affect your lives'' ?
We don't know because telekinesis is a myth from movies and you haven't got any telekinesis powers to prove.
highflyertoo wrote: Would you skeptical people have a mental break down or would you burn all your skeptic memroabillia ?
We just read your "nutty" posts and get a good laugh. I note that you didn't "give up" after you failed to acheive magic powers on 14/5/09 as you stated. Do you burn your psychic books?
highflyertoo wrote: Do you people understand what the term ''drastic change'' actually incurrs ?
In regards to you, "drastic change" means you will stop talking about a magic skill you do not have.
highflyertoo wrote: Telekinesis would be the ''irreversible drastic change''; once it begins, there's no going back.The juggernaut will continue until slain.
Yawn...This is getting a bit boring now. Have you got anything else to talk about?

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Performing Telekinesis after 14th May 2009

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue May 12, 2009 11:12 pm

highflyertoo wrote:There are some things that are hard to explain. I have been playing a double game of survival since I was young. I lie for the''great purpose of the greater cause''. If I don't lie against the LIE, then I will capitulate to the otherside. The otherside is the Demon World.
John, this is a very "mad" statement isn't it. You have lied to skeptics on a skeptic forum. You are now saying it is "OK" to lie to skeptics, however simultaneously you are saying to skeptics "you have to believe me". Do you agree that this simply "nutty"?
highflyertoo wrote:I have been deliberately losing for many years in order to use up vital time against the FOURTH BEAST KINGDOM. The ''MEMBERS'' of the Fourth Beast Kingdom require me to submit, but I don't have to obey their threats of malicious intent.
This is religious rubbish. Why are you telling atheist skeptics about your religious fantasies but not telling christians? Do you agree that this is a bit insane?
highflyertoo wrote:I am the key to the beginning of the end.
John, we all think you are probably suffering chronic schizophrenia. See a doctor.
highflyertoo wrote: My refusal to walk the walk of demons is causing Scriptural Prophecy to crumble and fade like a flower. I HATE PROPHECY !
If you hate prophecy then why did you post "I will perform telekensis on 14/5/09" on this forum? Are you confused again? Are he voices in your head giving you bad messages?

User avatar
Pyrrho
Administrator
Posts: 9950
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:31 am

Re: Performing Telekinesis after 14th May 2009

Post by Pyrrho » Wed May 13, 2009 1:03 am

Ok, that's over the line. If I have to warn you again I'm going to restrict your posting privileges.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

highflyertoo
BANNED
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:36 pm

Re: Performing Telekinesis after 14th May 2009

Post by highflyertoo » Wed May 13, 2009 9:09 am

Why are you calling skeptics ''Atheists'' ? Since when is someone who is skeptical deemed as an atheist ?

An absolute misnomer on your behalf.

highflyertoo
BANNED
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:36 pm

Re: Performing Telekinesis after 14th May 2009

Post by highflyertoo » Wed May 13, 2009 12:22 pm

It's time to do

User avatar
landrew
Has No Life
Posts: 11264
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: Performing Telekinesis after 14th May 2009

Post by landrew » Wed May 13, 2009 6:40 pm

highflyertoo wrote:Why are you calling skeptics ''Atheists'' ? Since when is someone who is skeptical deemed as an atheist ?

An absolute misnomer on your behalf.
I agree. I see skepticism as more akin to agnosticism than to atheism, but I am certain many would disagree. I consider skepticism to be more defined by being uncertain of given conclusions (so that conclusions can become better informed, once formed), and less defined as an activist cause against the "woo" of false and fraudulent beliefs, which adopts a negative conclusion by default.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

User avatar
Pyrrho
Administrator
Posts: 9950
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:31 am

Re: Performing Telekinesis after 14th May 2009

Post by Pyrrho » Wed May 13, 2009 11:05 pm

Skepticism is not Atheism. Two different animals.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

User avatar
landrew
Has No Life
Posts: 11264
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: Performing Telekinesis after 14th May 2009

Post by landrew » Thu May 14, 2009 12:44 am

Pyrrho wrote:Skepticism is not Atheism. Two different animals.
This analogy has been made many times before; "agnostic skepticism vs. atheistic skepticism" is a comparison between open-minded (agnostic) and a more closed-minded (atheistic) approach to unknown questions.

Thomas Henry Huxley wrote of this in 1860:
I neither affirm nor deny the immortality of man. I see no reason for believing it, but, on the other hand, I have no means of disproving it. I have no a priori objections to the doctrine. No man who has to deal daily and hourly with nature can trouble himself about a priori difficulties. Give me such evidence as would justify me in believing in anything else, and I will believe that. Why should I not? It is not half so wonderful as the conservation of force or the indestructibility of matter...

It is no use to talk to me of analogies and probabilities. I know what I mean when I say I believe in the law of the inverse squares, and I will not rest my life and my hopes upon weaker convictions...

That my personality is the surest thing I know may be true. But the attempt to conceive what it is leads me into mere verbal subtleties. I have champed up all that chaff about the ego and the non-ego, noumena and phenomena, and all the rest of it, too often not to know that in attempting even to think of these questions, the human intellect flounders at once out of its depth.
From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnosticism" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

User avatar
Pyrrho
Administrator
Posts: 9950
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:31 am

Re: Performing Telekinesis after 14th May 2009

Post by Pyrrho » Thu May 14, 2009 1:34 am

How is this relevant to the claims in the opening post? Telekinesis is a testable claim--assuming the parties can agree on a test. Agnosticism / atheism is irrelevant to a test that gives self-evident results.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

User avatar
landrew
Has No Life
Posts: 11264
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: Performing Telekinesis after 14th May 2009

Post by landrew » Thu May 14, 2009 2:51 am

Pyrrho wrote:How is this relevant to the claims in the opening post? Telekinesis is a testable claim--assuming the parties can agree on a test. Agnosticism / atheism is irrelevant to a test that gives self-evident results.
Telekinesis may be a testable claim, but a particular claim may be untested. Until such claims are tested, an "atheistic skeptic" approach might not want to see the evidence on the conclusion that it can't be true, therefore any time spent investigating it is wasted. An "agnostic skeptic" approach might be, "let's see your evidence."

It's not about me, but I must add the disclaimer that this is my own interpretation of these two types of skepticism. I have been accused before of trying to redefine terms for others.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks
Posts: 9249
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:39 pm

Re: Performing Telekinesis after 14th May 2009

Post by Aztexan » Thu May 14, 2009 3:07 am

:pc:
trump is Putin's bitch

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Performing Telekinesis after 14th May 2009

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu May 14, 2009 3:57 am

landrew wrote: Until such claims are tested, an "atheistic skeptic" approach might not want to see the evidence on the conclusion that it can't be true, therefore any time spent investigating it is wasted. An "agnostic skeptic" approach might be, "let's see your evidence." .
Landrew, you are missing the point. Highflyertoo believes that "the christian god" is giving him powers, but he is only informing skeptic forums. I asked highflyertoo why he was only telling "atheist" skeptics instead of christians. That was it. I was not making a grand statement about "atheists" and "skeptics".

You and I are doing different things. I'm searching for information about a specific matter. You are offering definitions with little interest in the information about this particular matter. I want a result. You do not. I like reading your posts but in this particular thread I'm trying to keep it simple so as not to distract Highflyertoo. With highflyertoo we have the rare opportunity to enter into realtime communication with someone who thinks they are turning into a "mystical character". We can talk about definitions on another thread.

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks
Posts: 9249
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:39 pm

Re: Performing Telekinesis after 14th May 2009

Post by Aztexan » Thu May 14, 2009 4:08 am

Matthew, your new assignment is to follow landrew around the forum stating that very thing with your diplomacy and tact that just knocked the crap out of me from left field as I expected someone, anyone to respond with something that would make our friend landrew here dust off his helmet.
trump is Putin's bitch

HghrSymmetry
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2029
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:11 pm
Custom Title: ViewClearerFromAbove

Re: Performing Telekinesis after 14th May 2009

Post by HghrSymmetry » Thu May 14, 2009 8:17 am

How do you guys type with a straight face? I'm spraying coffee, coughing,
sneezing, breaking wind and getting kidney seizures from laughing so hard.

You folks must be all zen like or sumth'in. I wonder if yoga classes will help.
:hmm:

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 14612
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: Performing Telekinesis after 14th May 2009

Post by Major Malfunction » Thu May 14, 2009 8:54 am

</lurk>
I missed the news tonight... Were there any reports of rampaging bronze golems?
<lurk>
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

User avatar
landrew
Has No Life
Posts: 11264
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: Performing Telekinesis after 14th May 2009

Post by landrew » Thu May 14, 2009 10:54 am

I guess I need to search for a better forum, where the participants know how to stay on topic.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

User avatar
Pyrrho
Administrator
Posts: 9950
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:31 am

Re: Performing Telekinesis after 14th May 2009

Post by Pyrrho » Thu May 14, 2009 10:58 am

landrew wrote:I guess I need to search for a better forum, where the participants know how to stay on topic.
I can only suggest the Ignore function.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 34971
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: prostrate spurge
Location: Transcona

Re: Performing Telekinesis after 14th May 2009

Post by Gord » Thu May 14, 2009 6:56 pm

landrew wrote:I guess I need to search for a better forum, where the participants know how to stay on topic.
Today is 14th May 2009.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Chachacha
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9167
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:07 am
Custom Title: Irrational Skeptic

Re: Performing Telekinesis after 14th May 2009

Post by Chachacha » Thu May 14, 2009 6:58 pm

Major Malfunction wrote:</lurk>
I missed the news tonight... Were there any reports of rampaging bronze golems?
<lurk>

Major!!!!!!! *Waves*

HghrSymmetry
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2029
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:11 pm
Custom Title: ViewClearerFromAbove

Re: Performing Telekinesis after 14th May 2009

Post by HghrSymmetry » Thu May 14, 2009 9:29 pm

landrew wrote:I guess I need to search for a better forum, where the participants know how to stay on topic.
You could try that, though you might not be satisfied with the results.
Anytime you have claim after claim after claim without any results or evidence, there will probably be those who are simply amused.
Joking about the topic is technically still on topic.
Is there something about these particular claims that you find compelling?

User avatar
landrew
Has No Life
Posts: 11264
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: Performing Telekinesis after 14th May 2009

Post by landrew » Thu May 14, 2009 10:28 pm

HghrSymmetry wrote:
landrew wrote:I guess I need to search for a better forum, where the participants know how to stay on topic.
You could try that, though you might not be satisfied with the results.
Anytime you have claim after claim after claim without any results or evidence, there will probably be those who are simply amused.
Joking about the topic is technically still on topic.
Is there something about these particular claims that you find compelling?
Well, actually you've hit on what's bugging me there...
I am always being told that I'm making "claims", just for doubting the perfect certitudes of the so-called skeptics who seem to have everything figured out already. What claims? If someone makes a sweeping generalization that "all ___ are frauds" isn't it reasonable and skeptical to challenge such a final verdict, especially when evidence is lacking?

No word of a lie, sometimes I feel like the last skeptic standing, around here.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

User avatar
Pyrrho
Administrator
Posts: 9950
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:31 am

Re: Performing Telekinesis after 14th May 2009

Post by Pyrrho » Thu May 14, 2009 10:35 pm

Gord wrote:
landrew wrote:I guess I need to search for a better forum, where the participants know how to stay on topic.
Today is 14th May 2009.
Indeed. No telekinesis has occurred.

Next in line, please.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 34971
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: prostrate spurge
Location: Transcona

Re: Performing Telekinesis after 14th May 2009

Post by Gord » Thu May 14, 2009 10:51 pm

Pyrrho wrote:
Gord wrote:
landrew wrote:I guess I need to search for a better forum, where the participants know how to stay on topic.
Today is 14th May 2009.
Indeed. No telekinesis has occurred.

Next in line, please.
Now, now, not so fast; the title of this thread is "Performing Telekinesis after 14th May 2009." He still has all of eternity to present his evidence.

I'm just trying to urge him on. I do have hope, though, from his last post:
highflyertoo wrote:It's time to do
...although he kind of petered out toward the end, there. First I thought, uh-oh, did something prevent him from finishing his statement? Perhaps he was suddenly teleported away from the keyboard? Or demonic powers disabled his computer?

I do assume he intended it to be a complete post, however, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to hit "Submit"...uh, right?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

HghrSymmetry
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2029
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:11 pm
Custom Title: ViewClearerFromAbove

Re: Performing Telekinesis after 14th May 2009

Post by HghrSymmetry » Fri May 15, 2009 1:11 am

landrew wrote:Well, actually you've hit on what's bugging me there...
I am always being told that I'm making "claims", just for doubting the perfect certitudes of the so-called skeptics who seem to have everything figured out already.
What claims?

I was referring to the claims of telekinetic power made by the OP.
If someone makes a sweeping generalization that "all ___ are frauds" isn't it reasonable and skeptical to challenge such a final verdict, especially when evidence is lacking?
Most people would probably agree with that.
No word of a lie, sometimes I feel like the last skeptic standing, around here.
Have you considered that you're fighting a shadow battle? Isn't a skeptic just asking for good evidence? With empty claims that seem to never generate results...how long do you continue to study them? How many instances of telekinetic power have been verified in the last century? Do you continue to study them forever?

User avatar
landrew
Has No Life
Posts: 11264
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: Performing Telekinesis after 14th May 2009

Post by landrew » Fri May 15, 2009 1:41 am

HghrSymmetry wrote:
landrew wrote:Well, actually you've hit on what's bugging me there...
I am always being told that I'm making "claims", just for doubting the perfect certitudes of the so-called skeptics who seem to have everything figured out already.
What claims?

I was referring to the claims of telekinetic power made by the OP.
If someone makes a sweeping generalization that "all ___ are frauds" isn't it reasonable and skeptical to challenge such a final verdict, especially when evidence is lacking?
Most people would probably agree with that.
No word of a lie, sometimes I feel like the last skeptic standing, around here.
Have you considered that you're fighting a shadow battle? Isn't a skeptic just asking for good evidence? With empty claims that seem to never generate results...how long do you continue to study them? How many instances of telekinetic power have been verified in the last century? Do you continue to study them forever?
That's the baffling part. Is keeping an open mind for a microsecond the same as studying forever? I'm surprised no skeptic here wants to agree with the notion that a suspension of disbelief provides an opportunity to better inform a question before a conclusion is formed. Show me the illogic of that.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

highflyertoo
BANNED
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:36 pm

Re: Performing Telekinesis after 14th May 2009

Post by highflyertoo » Fri May 15, 2009 1:54 am

Well I'm glad to say that I'm GLAD the pressures of the days leadfing up to the 14th of May have passed.
I had prior opportunity to make things happen, yet I refused to enter into those doors due to me desiring to have the devil and his demons BAMBOOZLED somewhat longer.
I will perform Telekinesis in the near future, yet some other events of my future dreams are still to take place ''if'' I am to make a proper job of annihilating the devil's plans for the Earth.
Had I done ''certain things'' before the month of May, then I would have run out of steam in my fight against the devil. I would have only acheived a temporary victory over the devil , and then I would have turned and then come as a whirlwind against the whole world, including leading the assault of Armageddon.

Matthew Ellard said that he believes that I am changing into a Mythical Character ? Could you be more specific Matthew :lol:

Yes as I said, it's my objective to become strong enough to make war against the Beast Kingdom. Heaven forbid that I myself would support the SUPERVISED CONSTRUCTING of the Fourth Jewish Temple in Jerusalem through a small band of ''beast directors ( fallen angels)'' , and so sit in the Temple.

I want to Change Times , so thus making Satan's evil prophecies fail , and so prevent many from being decieved and having their souls burnt.

Keep 8-) my skeptic friends :wink:
Last edited by highflyertoo on Fri May 15, 2009 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

HghrSymmetry
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2029
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:11 pm
Custom Title: ViewClearerFromAbove

Re: Performing Telekinesis after 14th May 2009

Post by HghrSymmetry » Fri May 15, 2009 2:12 am

landrew wrote:That's the baffling part. Is keeping an open mind for a microsecond the same as studying forever?
Probably not. How many more microseconds would you like to extend to hft in order for he/she to move an object with its mind?
I'm surprised no skeptic here wants to agree with the notion that a suspension of disbelief provides an opportunity to better inform a question before a conclusion is formed. Show me the illogic of that.
I get the impression that most do though. We just want evidence....period. It's a simple request. What evidence has hft provided that keeps your attention?
Shouldn't moving a small object under controlled conditions be easy to test?

Chachacha
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9167
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:07 am
Custom Title: Irrational Skeptic

Re: Performing Telekinesis after 14th May 2009

Post by Chachacha » Fri May 15, 2009 2:16 am

highflyertoo wrote:Well I'm glad to say that I'm GLAD the pressures of the days leadfing up to the 14th of May have passed.
I had prior opportunity to make things happen, yet I refused to enter into those doors due to me desiring to have the devil and his demons BAMBOOZLED somewhat longer.
I will perform Telekinesis in the near future, yet some other events of my future dreams are still to take place ''if'' I am to make a proper job of annihilating the devil's plans for the Earth.
Had I done ''certain things'' before the month of May, then I would have run out of steam in my fight against the devil. I would have only acheived a temporary victory over the devil , and then I would have turned and then come as a whirlwind against the whole world, including leading the assault of Armageddon.

Matthew Ellard said that he believes that I am changing into a Mythical Character ? Could you be more specific Matthew :lol:

Yes as I said, it's my objective to become strong enough to make war against the Beast Kingdom. Heaven forbid that I myself would support the building of the Fourth Jewish Temple in Jerusalem through a small band of ''beast directors ( fallen angels)'' , and so sit in the Temple.

I want to Change Times , so thus making Satan's evil prophecies fail , and so prevent many from being decieved and having their souls burnt.

Keep 8-) my skeptic friends :wink:
Needs more smilies.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Performing Telekinesis after 14th May 2009

Post by Matthew Ellard » Fri May 15, 2009 2:41 am

highflyertoo wrote: Matthew Ellard said that he believes that I am changing into a Mythical Character ? Could you be more specific Matthew:
You have a complex fantasy however it contains the following elements

1) You will be given "magic powers" by "god" that will allow you to predict the future using dreams. ( This is Cassandra from Greek mythology)
2) You will be given a magic power that will allow you to move objects with your mind to fight "the devil" ( Back to Greek mythology where demi-gods could cause wind, boats to sink, keys to move, etc )
3) You will be given magic powers to allow you to "change time" that will somehow trick the devil although you told the devil that you were trying to trick him on this very forum, so this plan ended.
4) You are somehow excused by "god" for telling lies. For example you admit you lied to us about the 14/5/09 date and I assume you are still mixing lies in your current posts.

However, these are just fantasies as there is no "God", "Devil" or "magic powers".

highflyertoo wrote: Yes as I said, it's my objective to become strong enough to make war against the Beast Kingdom. Heaven forbid that I myself would support the building of the Fourth Jewish Temple in Jerusalem through a small band of ''beast directors ( fallen angels)'' , and so sit in the Temple.
We skeptics don't have a clue what a "Beast Kingdom" is. I understand it is something from Christian mythology or your own fantasy.

Why do you refuse to tell Christians about your strange fantasy? Why are you olny telling skeptics who do not believe in Christianity?
Last edited by Matthew Ellard on Fri May 15, 2009 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks
Posts: 9249
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:39 pm

Re: Performing Telekinesis after 14th May 2009

Post by Aztexan » Fri May 15, 2009 2:58 am

highflyertoo wrote: nothing really
Cha says
Needs more smilies

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
trump is Putin's bitch

Chachacha
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9167
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:07 am
Custom Title: Irrational Skeptic

Re: Performing Telekinesis after 14th May 2009

Post by Chachacha » Fri May 15, 2009 3:40 am

ruben lopez wrote:
highflyertoo wrote: nothing really
Cha says
Needs more smilies

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
:mrgreen:

highflyertoo
BANNED
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:36 pm

Re: Performing Telekinesis after 14th May 2009

Post by highflyertoo » Fri May 15, 2009 4:06 am

I feel that there is no use in revealing additional secrets due to the undeserving bantering ridicule I am recieve from certain posters.
I think I'll have some time out from here for awhile.

Nah, I think I'll stay around a bit longer :D

I will at some point in time will perform the act of what my name is, I shall fly in the air with the power of Teek Flight.

There is also one other feat that I shall perform in time , yet that I won't be disclosing about it in writing, only in action.

Mock me if you will :|