Earliest recorded UFO sightings

PSI, Mediums, Ghosts, UFOs, Things That Go Bump In The Night
Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Earliest recorded UFO sightings

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:39 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist" wrote:Matticism No10: using the partial quote as if no one can look at the record.
Link us to the post Bobbo, so we can laugh at you some more. :lol: :lol:

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:51 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:39 am
bobbo_the_Pragmatist" wrote:Matticism No10: using the partial quote as if no one can look at the record.
Link us to the post Bobbo, so we can laugh at you some more. :lol: :lol:
What you posted:
Matthew Ellard wrote: ↑
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:34 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist" wrote:
You can't find one iota of evidence to prove the negative I made up and ascribed to you.

That isn't even a coherent claim. Why do I have to justify some incoherent crap that you state you made up yourself?
The Full Quote is:
Matticism No 5: You can't find one iota of evidence to prove the negative I made up and ascribed to you.
The record before anyone who cares to look is that you remove the statement is being made ABOUT YOU and pretend it is being made about me. Its not. So you see Matt? How to respond to a request for evidence?, to state what you base your post on??, to copy and paste the relevant language??? THINGS YOU DON'T DO.====>rather you dissemble, make partial quotes, repeat a defeated argument, raise another Straw Man or go off on another Snipe Hunt. Chess.........not checkers. You've been too lazy for too long.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:53 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist" wrote: "You can't find one iota of evidence to prove the negative I made up and ascribed to you."
Firstly Bobbo. I didn't write that. You wrote that. You wrote it here.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18292&start=320#p696585

Secondly Bobbo. Why do I have to justify an incoherent sentence that you yourself admit you made up? You claimed the Egyptians used a stylus to do drawings (they are a writing tool and not able to do drawing as you press into clay or wax. ) and then you couldn't find any evidence. :lol: :lol: :lol:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist" wrote:"There was pen and paper in 36 ad. By todays conventions, we call that ocher with stylus and papyrus. Same thing"
You must press the papyrus really really hard with the stylus (you complete idiot)

Are you drunk again? You got busted forging evidence three times, already, in the last week!
Here
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=24767&start=520#p695943
and here
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=24767&start=480#p695249
and here
viewtopic.php?f=51&p=696275#p696246
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:44 am

JO 753 wrote: Witnessez drew picturez uv the major events.
Matthew Ellard wrote: No Jo 753. Find me one example of a classical or 36AD eyewitness drawing.
Bobbo the pragmatist wrote:
I call that a Matticism. Only true in a manner that is completely irrelevant and diversionary setting up a red herring snipe hunt.
You two really can't remember what you two actually previously posted can you? :lol: :lol:

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life
Custom Title: Super Skeptic

Post by Lance Kennedy » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:58 am

I think that Bobbo and Matt are arguing about a misunderstanding. I do not think Bobbo is promoting aliens in the past. Could be all due to failing to understand what each other is saying.

JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Post by JO 753 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:11 am

re member? Wuts that?
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

landrew
True Skeptic

Post by landrew » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:12 pm

Lance Kennedy wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:58 am
I think that Bobbo and Matt are arguing about a misunderstanding. I do not think Bobbo is promoting aliens in the past. Could be all due to failing to understand what each other is saying.
I think that's nearly a given.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:43 pm

Earliest rocorded UFO sitingz thred summary:

Ellie O Really: Ancient UFOz?
Lance: No. Humanz can be fooled.
Gord: No. Everybodyz silly
Gawdzilla: !*&%$% moronz
Landrew: No, but still think about it.
scrmbld: Nise paintingz. link
Gorgeous: Yes.
Matt: You idiot!
Bobbo: No maybe yes no sertainly. Not. Yes. However but maybe no.
JO: Yes, obviously.
Matt: You idiots!

Goez on forever. Divide 100 by 3 and you get the same thing.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:49 pm

JO...thanks for that work. I know how hard it is to try and be objective about any subject ESPECIALLY about ourselves. Am I that wishy washy? I do see the pros and cons of that and have HALF an urge to go through and make my own summary. But then I think: No maybe yes no sertainly. Not. Yes. However but maybe no. You may have spotted something. But then I think: Yes, never certainly, no yes maybe. Yes. No. However also almost certainly yes.

Know what I mean?

...............................................Ha, ha...........thanks.............good one. I know Matt will love it too................
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:07 am

Lance Kennedy wrote: I think that Bobbo and Matt are arguing about a misunderstanding. I do not think Bobbo is promoting aliens in the past. Could be all due to failing to understand what each other is saying.
Nope.

1) Jo 753 claims "Witnessez drew picturez uv the major events." meaning the supposed UFOs were seen and drawn as eyewitness pictures at the crucifixion of Jesus. That's why Jo 753 sees spaceships in the renaissance painting, because someone drew the image.

2) Matthew points out there were no classical or Egyptian "eyewitness drawings" at all, and demands Jo 753 finds one example to prove Matthew wrong.

3) Bobbo posts that this is Matthew's "completely irrelevant and diversionary setting up a red herring snipe hunt." when it is actually Jo 753 making a specific claim.

In reality, it is Matthew showing Bobbo and Jo 753 that there is no such thing as a classical or Egyptian "eyewitness drawing" and thus Jo 753's entire claim is debunked.

4) Bobbo then gets confused and thinks I am asking Bobbo and Jo 753 to prove a negative, because Bobbo doesn't know what that means. :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:15 am

Now that I have easily set aside Bobbo's crap about "me forcing him to prove a negative" I ask my question again, that Jo 753 has avoided answering .

Jo 753. Set out your working story (hypothesis) for how an eyewitness at the Crucifixtion of Jesus in 36 AD, in Palestine saw two spaceships and drew them, and then magically passed those drawings to one renaissance painter 1346 years later in Florence, in Europe, and convinced the painter to include the spaceships in a painting of the crucifixion?

I am directly stating that you JO753 cannot write down any story ( hypothesis) that even makes sense. :lol:

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:17 am

Page 7 half way down:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:53 am
Matthew Ellard wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:36 am
JO 753 wrote: Witnessez drew picturez uv the major events.
No Joe 753 there were no witnesses and no one drew any pictures, There was no paper in 36AD. :lol: :lol:

I call that a Matticism. Only true in a manner that is completely irrelevant and diversionary setting up a red herring snipe hunt. Matt really loves this game. Say Matt: what is the etymology of the word paper? Do you want to play Advanced Matticism and tell me what I did and didn't have for breakfast while in Egypt? ((Thats a TRICK question........lets see if Matt goes for it?))

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:22 am

Damn. I see I fell into a Matticism myself. I overly focused on the notion that there was no paper in 36 ad or that no one drew any pictures.......or that there were no witnesses.

There obvious was paper and pictures and witnesses to all kinds of things. As Jebus never existed, probably not of flying saucers trying to drone him...with the obvious conjecture being avoided that pictures could have been made, and being on papyrus....they became lost to history.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:23 am

Yes Bobbo I quoted you. Jo 753 was 100% wrong about there being eyewitness drawings or events and neither You or Jo 753 could find any.

You then got confused and claimed I asked you to prove a negative, which you now can't identify.

You really are an idiot Bobbo. Bad luck.
:lol:

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:26 am

derp

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:27 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist" wrote: There obvious was paper and pictures and witnesses to all kinds of things.
No Bobbo. There is no such thing as a classical or Egyptian "eyewitness drawing" of anything. That's why you an Jo753 could not find any and pretended people could draw with a stylus.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:29 am

Theres that prove a negative thing. Plus two other Matticisms.

................and I still don't get what you get out of it. some form of savantism?

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:37 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist" wrote: Theres that prove a negative thing.
You still don't know what that means, do you?

Jo 753 claims people drew eyewitness picture around the time of the crucifixion . (A positive claim)
Matthew Ellard asks his to show one example ( supply evidence)
Neither Jo 753 or Bobbo the clown can find one example.
:lol: :lol:

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:44 am

You can't prove the negative that all pictures drawn were lost to history. A valid comment when you also say there was no such thing as paper.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:47 am

Naaaa.....thats still not correct. You can prove such pictures did exist by showing one. You can't prove the negative that they never existed.

I think arguing with Matt is making me dumber. Perhaps not in an absolute sense.........but still. Its all that jumping back and forth from one horse to another.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:34 am

You are mistating my pozition, Mat. You asked for a hypothosis, so I propozed wun. I never claimed it iz true.
JO 753 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:08 am
Matthew Ellard wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:09 am
Yes....because there are no F-18s in the Bible narrative. You are finally getting it.
Getting repetativ agen.

The point iz that it coud be a snak machine and you guyz will still say its Gabriel.
SNaK-aNUNSEAsN.jpg
Rather than waste time, I ask you to tell us how a medieval artist would capture the image of a flying saucer and why he would put it in a religious painting of Jesus getting baptised, called "Jesus getting baptised"?
Most likely - The primitiv humanz in the time uv Jebus woud think the alienz were GODz. The story told in the Bible iz more or less accurate, with alot uv leeway considering their inability to comprehend wut they were seeing. Witnessez drew picturez uv the major events. Andor maybe fotoz were given to the wize humanz hoo were selected to enact the plan the alienz had for us.

It makes alot uv sens that from the beginning, keeping the very existens uv theze imajez a secret woud be obviously essential for them to not be destroyed.

Thoze orijinalz were kept az safe az possible, but out uv caution, the church occasionally over the senturyz had 'expendable' duplicates painted.

The UFOz were alwayz there, they were not consistently depicted az UFOz depending on the sercumstansez and wimz uv the Popes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:07 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote: You can't prove the negative that all pictures drawn were lost to history.
You two are just stupid on so many levels.

1) JO753 claims there were eyewitness drawing of events and these survived so that Renaissance artists could copy their drawings of alien flying saucers up until as late as 350 years ago.

2) Bobbo is simultaneously claiming not one of these drawing survived and forgets that not one historian mentions any such "eyewitness drawings" exists in any part of classical or earlier history. This includes historians for the last 2000 years including Josephus, who wrote the history of the Jewish Revolts ( Crucifixion of Jesus period)

In reality neither of these BS claims is true, No one drew eyewitness pictures in the classical period. :lol: :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:08 am

JO 753 wrote:]You are mistating my pozition, Mat. You asked for a hypothosis, so I propozed wun. I never claimed it iz true.
So you wrote a hypothesis for your "lie"? I already knew that you were lying. :lol: :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:10 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist" wrote: I think arguing with Matt is making me dumber.
That's not possible,

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:36 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:07 am
No one drew eyewitness pictures in the classical period.
Your proof?.......................is that there are no such pictures 2000 years later. Common sense: I agree. Proof?==>No.
Q-21: Matt was there any paper in Egypt in 26 AD?

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:01 am

JO753 wrote:"Witnessez drew picturez uv the major events."
Matthew Ellard wrote:"There were "no eyewitness" drawings, made on the spot, in the classical or Egyptian period"
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Your proof?
1) Neither you or JO753 could find any example despite JO753 claiming they still had to exist in the Renaissance for painters to copy them
2) No historian from ancient Egpyt right up until the renaissance has ever mentioned such drawings or any one making such drawings,
3) There was no technology to draw such things in the classical period or Egypt.
4) We have thousands of examples of the text (words) written into clay, wax and so on, made with a stylus, yet no example of an eyewitness drawing made on the spot.

JO753 made up a complete load of BS, without any evidence, and you fell for it.
:lol:

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:06 am

Q-21: Matt was there any paper in Egypt in 26 AD?

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life

Post by Lance Kennedy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:33 am

You guys are still arguing about stuff that you do not disagree about.

Sure there was a paper equivalent in ancient Egypt, papyrus, and I am sure Matt knows a lot about it. Actually, I found when I went to Egypt that it is still being made, so they can print stuff on it to sell to tourists.

But while the ancient Egyptians drew lots of pictures, there are none of alien space craft, though Jo would probably see a picture of the God, Amon Ra in his sky chariot, as an alien space craft. But sadly, on this subject, Jo is utterly gullible. I do not think Bobbo is making any claims of that nature, though.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:36 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist" wrote: Matt was there any paper in Egypt in 26 AD?
No there was papyrus. There is no example of an eye witness drawing on papyrus either you complete idiot. Have you found one example yet? That's a big "No" isn't it? :lol: :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:43 am

Lance Kennedy wrote: You guys are still arguing about stuff that you do not disagree about.

No. JO753 made a very clear claim without an iota of evidence about Palestine in 36AD. Bobbo is trying to copy JO753 and make the same claim.

JO753 wrote:"Witnessez drew picturez uv the major events."
Not one example exists of this. No historian for 2000 years mentions any eyewitness drawings and no Renaissance painter, in Europe copied any such drawing 1346 years later, as that would mean there are example 350 years ago. JO 753 made up some BS and Bobbo believed him.

Bobbo's only arguing because he is trolling.
:D

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:57 am

Lance Kennedy wrote: Sure there was a paper equivalent in ancient Egypt, papyrus, and I am sure Matt knows a lot about it.
I also know that realistic "real life" drawings first appeared appeared in the mid-Middle ages. No one was drawing realistic eyewitness pictures "of the spaceships" at Jesus's crucifixion in 36AD in Palestine. :lol:

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:03 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:36 am
bobbo_the_Pragmatist" wrote: Matt was there any paper in Egypt in 26 AD?
No there was papyrus. There is no example of an eye witness drawing on papyrus either you complete idiot. Have you found one example yet? That's a big "No" isn't it? :lol: :lol:
Papyrus you say? Hey: mark it on your calendars..........Matt moved an iota towards an admission of being wrong/overstated/exaggerated/caught up in his own hubris. Shall we take another mini step:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
No Joe 753 there were no witnesses and no one drew any pictures, There was no paper in 36AD. :lol: :lol:
............As you are a complete idiot, you just worked out there was no pen and paper in 36AD
Q22: Matt: were there any "pens" in Egypt in 36AD?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:05 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:52 pm

So Bobbo. Show us a drawing of Jesus from 36AD. [/color]
Matt: leave me alone, other than answering direct questions. I'm busy building my own comedy pyramid.

landrew
True Skeptic

Post by landrew » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:50 am

Who gave Bobbo the power to compel people to answer his inane questions?
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:12 pm

You did.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

TJrandom
Has No Life
Custom Title: Salt of the earth

Post by TJrandom » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:14 pm

One might hope...
Planned ignoring is a strategy where a person gives no outward sign of recognizing a behavior, such as no eye contact, no verbal response and no physical response to the person seeking attention. The desired consequence of attention-seeking behavior is receiving attention in some form (positive or negative) from another person; when attention-seeking behavior no longer attracts attention, it may eventually cease.

landrew
True Skeptic

Post by landrew » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:53 pm

Nowadays people see things in the sky they can't explain. It's likely people thousands of years ago also saw things in the sky they couldn't explain.
Why all the hoopla?

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life

Post by Lance Kennedy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:57 pm

Landrew

It is like religion. Religious nutters see something they do not understand and say goddidit.

Jo hears about a light in the sky and says "alien space craft."

It is the same form of idiocy.

landrew
True Skeptic

Post by landrew » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:42 pm

Lance Kennedy wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:57 pm
Landrew

It is like religion. Religious nutters see something they do not understand and say goddidit.

Jo hears about a light in the sky and says "alien space craft."

It is the same form of idiocy.
And the scientist (note I didn't say True Skeptic) looks at it and says, "Unexplained, needs further investigation."
Either that, or, "I'll lose my reputation if I don't dismiss it outright in some way."

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:35 pm

I love it when he says "True Skeptic" when he has no {!#%@} idea what that might be.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.