World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

PSI, Mediums, Ghosts, UFOs, Things That Go Bump In The Night
User avatar
gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5046
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by gorgeous » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:00 pm

misogyny...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Posts: 11596
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by OlegTheBatty » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:15 pm

dictionary wrote: Misogyny: "Hatred, dislike, or mistrust of women, or prejudice against women.
For some reason, 'Identifying human characteristics in some women' is not part of the definition.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 22772
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:57 pm

gorgeous wrote:fox-----An American pilot who claims to have chased an alien aircraft has warned world leaders to take UFO sightings seriously. Retired US Navy pilot commander David Fravor spoke out in support of ex US government intelligence officer Luis Elizondo, who last week revealed he ran a real life "X Files" UFO research department at the Pentagon named the Advanced Aviation Threat Identification Program (AATIP) funded by £16 million ($22m) “black ops money” from Congress. Elizondo secured the release of previously classified US Defense Department videos of UFO encounters - one of which shows the craft Fravor saw darting off at an incredible speed. Commander Fravor, 53, was flying one of two fighter jets on a routine training mission about 100 miles into the Pacific ocean off San Diego when they were diverted to check out an aircraft spotted on radar from their navy cruiser the USS Princeton. The operations operator said they had been tracking up to a dozen mystery aircraft over two weeks but hadn't had manned planes deployed when they showed up. The object first appeared at 80,000 ft, then hurtled towards the sea, stopping at 20,000 feet and hovering before dropping out of radar.
"Amazing. Everything you just said was wrong.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
Cadmusteeth
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1219
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Cadmusteeth » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:27 am

gorgeous wrote:misogyny...
It really isn't. Your claim is independent of your gender identity or sex. And really, what does that have to do with the discussion at hand? If anything it's just a red herring.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 22772
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:44 pm

Cadmusteeth wrote:
gorgeous wrote:misogyny...
It really isn't. Your claim is independent of your gender identity or sex. And really, what does that have to do with the discussion at hand? If anything it's just a red herring.
Gorgon never has a clue as to the subject of a thread. Doesn't stop him from posting, and the results are predictable.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5046
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by gorgeous » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:48 pm

foxnews-------------Military encounter with UFO revealed in 2015 footage -------Newly-released video of a mysterious object streaking over the Atlantic Ocean shows the Pentagon needs to take UFOs seriously, a researcher says.


The sensational two-minute clip captured by a camera aboard a US Navy F/A 18 jet flying at 25,000 feet wowed military personnel.

“What the f— is that thing?” shouted the pilot in the video posted online by the To the Stars Academy of Arts and Science, a private research company.


“Oh my gosh dude!” exclaimed the jet’s weapons systems officer.

The video was shot off the East Coast in 2015. To the Stars Academy did not say how it obtained the declassified footage, but said others could obtain it through a Freedom of Information Act request.----------
Three videos showing similar incidents became public last year in reports of $22 million in Pentagon spending on UFO research.

The videos, along with observations by pilots and radar operators, “appear to provide evidence of the existence of aircraft far superior to anything possessed by the United States or its allies,” writes Christopher Mellon, a former defense official in the George W. Bush and Clinton administrations and an adviser to To the Stars Academy.

In a Washington Post op-ed, Mellon reasoned that if the origin of these aircraft is a mystery, “so is the paralysis of the US government in the face of such evidence.”
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5046
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by gorgeous » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:22 pm

from 2004
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5046
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by gorgeous » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:33 pm

this one about the Chicago O'Hare airport sighting in 2006
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5046
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by gorgeous » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:56 pm

on fox, the navy pilot who chased the 2004 ufo said 'the human body could not tolerate that speed'....when Whitley Strieber and other people were taken on alien ships they were taken out of body....
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29586
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:48 pm

gorgeous wrote:on fox, the navy pilot who chased the 2004 ufo said 'the human body could not tolerate that speed'....when Whitley Strieber and other people were taken on alien ships they were taken out of body....
You have confused three different stories and videos together. All three have been debunked on our forum.

The 2017 "To the Stars Academy video" is a fake to raise money. The 2014 TV interview with Commander Fravor is him talking about seeing whales off California and the video that that is shown while he is talking, is infra red image of a jet and unrelated to Fravor.

https://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic. ... 89#p629291
https://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28890

User avatar
gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5046
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by gorgeous » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:09 pm

looks like aliens will go public this year indeed....
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 22772
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:12 pm

gorgeous wrote:looks like aliens will go public this year indeed....
You're already here.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29586
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:37 am

gorgeous wrote:looks like aliens will go public this year indeed....
You keep reading your special newspapers, for special people, and don't come back until there is more news. :lol:
hillary-adopts-alien.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Austin Harper
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5373
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:22 pm
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk
Location: Detroit

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Austin Harper » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:46 am

Can you believe that alien is 25 years old now? Time flies, eh?
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3035
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:08 pm
Custom Title: Yes that one.
Location: Chicago

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:54 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
gorgeous wrote:looks like aliens will go public this year indeed....
You keep reading your special newspapers, for special people, and don't come back until there is more news. :lol:
Image
Fake news.

It's really hers.

Miscegenation you know. :pr:
Aldous Huxley wrote:A government with a comprehensive plan for the betterment of society is a government that uses torture.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3367
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Nikki Nyx » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:23 pm

JO 753 wrote:Plus I also hav lojik. The 'no alienz' theory requirez a larj number uv credibl witnessez to be transformed into idiots based only on the fact that they are claiming to hav seen non-human-made aircraft.
No, not "idiots." A person's credibility, education, intelligence, and experience do not prevent him from being subject to the fallibility of the human brain. If anything, a credible person trained in aircraft might be more susceptible to mistakenly concluding that something he sees in the sky must be a UFO, since its appearance and behavior don't fit any aircraft in his experience.
Many people believe that human memory works like a video recorder: the mind records events and then, on cue, plays back an exact replica of them. On the contrary, psychologists have found that memories are reconstructed rather than played back each time we recall them.*
Being credible and trained in aircraft doesn't translate to an understanding of neurology, which has repeatedly concluded that human beings are terrible eyewitnesses.
Innocence Project researchers have reported that 73 percent of the 239 convictions overturned through DNA testing were based on eyewitness testimony.*
The human brain, in trying to fit an event into its model of the universe, will both omit and add details that are 100% false to fact. The critical thinker knows and accounts for this, then relegates seemingly impossible events into the "I don't know" category or, if possible, the "most likely explanation" category, instead of attempting to formulate a conclusion without a factual basis.

* https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... s-have-it/
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3367
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Nikki Nyx » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:26 pm

gorgeous wrote:Whtiley Strieber has said the aliens told him they are going public in 2018....we'll see..
Well, they've only got 9½ months left. I won't hold my breath.
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5046
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by gorgeous » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:15 pm

the news shows taking ufos seriously for the most part recently could be a start...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29586
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:18 pm

gorgeous wrote:the news shows taking ufos seriously for the most part recently could be a start...
Name the shows that are taking UFOs seriously? :lol:
Gay aliens.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5046
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by gorgeous » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:19 pm

see above
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Posts: 11596
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by OlegTheBatty » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:20 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:
gorgeous wrote:Whtiley Strieber has said the aliens told him they are going public in 2018....we'll see..
Well, they've only got 9½ months left. I won't hold my breath.
They're probably dodging a subpoena. With their remote viewing talents and habit of clairvoyeuring all over the place, they'd likely make great witnesses for Mueller's Russia probe.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

User avatar
gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5046
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by gorgeous » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:21 pm

Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5046
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by gorgeous » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:23 pm

Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5046
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by gorgeous » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:25 pm

Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29586
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:25 pm

The Fravor UFO encounter has already been debunked in this forum. He saw a whale of California. The video is a fake from "To the Stars Academy's" TV department.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29586
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:27 pm

Gorgeous. You are a total idiot.

You can't say media is currently taking UFOs seriously and link to a 2010 TV show. That's really really stupid even for you.
:lol:

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 14135
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by JO 753 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:55 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:No, not "idiots." A person's credibility, education, intelligence, and experience do not prevent him from being subject to the fallibility of the human brain....Innocence Project researchers have reported that 73 percent of the 239 convictions overturned through DNA testing were based on eyewitness testimony.
Trying to equate extraordinary events with relativly common stuff failz to take attention into account. You arent paying attention to the mugger on the train platform till after he haz started hiz crime and often iz alredy running away. 'Witnessez' interviewed by the cops afterward may be trying to recall a fase they paid no attention to even tho it wuz clearly in site.

A 300 foot wide triangle sitting silently 100 ft up tendz to get your attention immediately, so wen it suddenly takes off at crazy hi speed with no sound you are alredy going to be 'recording'.

And many UFO encounterz are not 5 second sitingz. Many are multiple witness with reports going on while its happening - no memory involved.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29586
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Matthew Ellard » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:10 am

JO 753 wrote: Trying to equate extraordinary events with relativly common stuff failz to take attention into account.
Well that's if you already pre-conclude it is an extraordinary event, which is bad science.

We have two thousand years of humans seeing Jesus, Blessed Virgin Marys, saints, Leprechauns, elves, Chariots of the gods, burning bushes and more recently UFOs. It would seem relatively common that people think they see things.

Yet here we are and no one can produce one iota of evidence for UFOs, just like seeing Jesus, Blessed Virgin Marys, saints, Leprechauns, elves, Chariots of the gods and so on.

I'm very open for someone to produce evidence for UFOs, but no one has a case for review anymore. Luis Elizondo simply had a publicity stunt with a fake video and walked away with $2,000,000 and then dropped his claim.

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 14135
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by JO 753 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:19 am

There iz more than 1 iota. There are thouzandz uv iotaz!

Then therez the possibility that alien vizitorz are the explanation for the ancient 'fairy tale' sitingz.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29586
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Matthew Ellard » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:39 am

JO 753 wrote:There iz more than 1 iota. There are thouzandz uv iotaz!
I don't think that's true anymore. All the "best evidence" stories, like Phoenix Lights, Rendlesham Forest, The US Navy pilot and so forth, have been debunked. UFOs are sort of fading into Leprechaun territory, with people like Gorgeous saying "Gray aliens can stop time, they told me" and that's it.

It's like movie genres : Big monster films are popular for a while, then disaster films, then buddy movies and so on. More young people are thinking vampires, zombies and werewolves are real today than aliens in UFOs.

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 14135
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by JO 753 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:33 am

Debunked in your brain!

Wen peepl stop arguing with you its not alwayz bekuz you wun.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3035
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:08 pm
Custom Title: Yes that one.
Location: Chicago

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:16 am

Not merely unidentified.

Unidentified by Tucker Carlson.

That settles it! :mrgreen:
Aldous Huxley wrote:A government with a comprehensive plan for the betterment of society is a government that uses torture.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3367
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Nikki Nyx » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:08 pm

gorgeous wrote:the news shows taking ufos seriously for the most part recently could be a start...
News outlets will pretend to take anything seriously...as long as it increases the number of viewers and, thus, their advertising revenue. This is the origin of clickbait.

Example: I just saw an article which headline claimed, with a plethora of outrage, that 200 students were punished for the recent protest against school shootings. The headline was a lie. Pure clickbait. The school in question had put together an assembly, complete with 17 minutes of silence and a presentation on the students who were killed. They'd also put in place specific rules for students who wished to protest, in keeping with state law.

The only students who were punished were those who violated the school rule to just walk out of school without being signed out by a parent or legal guardian, effectively committing truancy. The punishment was deserved, since the school is legally responsible for those students during school hours and transportation to and from the school building. Had anything happened to those students, their parents would have had grounds to file a civil suit.

While it's understandable that teenagers would be unable to imagine the consequences of their actions, since they don't have fully developed prefrontal cortices, adults being outraged by the punishment are {!#%@} idiots who can't think their way out of a paper bag. The students were not punished for exercising their First Amendment rights; they were punished because they violated the rule put in place in accordance with the law.

It's seriously disturbing how many adults lack nuance and logic in their thinking.
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3367
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Nikki Nyx » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:34 pm

JO 753 wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:No, not "idiots." A person's credibility, education, intelligence, and experience do not prevent him from being subject to the fallibility of the human brain....Innocence Project researchers have reported that 73 percent of the 239 convictions overturned through DNA testing were based on eyewitness testimony.
Trying to equate extraordinary events with relativly common stuff failz to take attention into account.
It's not "relatively common" to witness a crime being committed. Most people live their entire lives without witnessing a crime. No one I know has, except my mom, who witnessed a shooting in Chicago in the '80s.
JO 753 wrote:You arent paying attention to the mugger on the train platform till after he haz started hiz crime and often iz alredy running away. 'Witnessez' interviewed by the cops afterward may be trying to recall a fase they paid no attention to even tho it wuz clearly in site.

A 300 foot wide triangle sitting silently 100 ft up tendz to get your attention immediately, so wen it suddenly takes off at crazy hi speed with no sound you are alredy going to be 'recording'.
JO, either/or "reasoning" proves nothing, because it lacks a {!#%@} ton of nuance. You're failing to take into account all of the following:
• the brain's habit of adding/omitting details in order to fit the event into its model of the universe,
• the witness' heightened emotional state, which negatively affects both observational skills and memory,
• the actual way memory works, which is NOT like a "recording,"
• the personal biases of the witness,
• the influence of any other witnesses, especially when they begin conversing about the event.
And probably several more variables. All of which combine to make eyewitness testimony utterly unreliable.
JO 753 wrote:And many UFO encounterz are not 5 second sitingz. Many are multiple witness with reports going on while its happening - no memory involved.
Sure. The above variables still apply. I don't even trust MY eyewitness testimony. Two stories...

First...
When I was 16, I went with a friend to her family's campsite in a tiny town in the Berkshires (population at that time: about 500). Naturally, we were up late with a bunch of local kids she was friends with. None of us was drinking or anything else; we were completely sober. For shits and giggles, we decided to walk across the street and up the hill to an old cemetery. As soon as we left the road, it became completely dark, so we joined hands and walked up the hill in a line. There were maybe a dozen of us.

As we crested the hill, we saw a robed, hooded figure floating over the nearest tombstone. It was glowing blue. Someone gasped, and the figure began to turn as if to look at us. We ran like hell back down the hill. Time of observation: about 5 seconds. Did we see a ghost? Are you prepared to accept the eyewitness testimony of a dozen (completely sober) teenagers?

Second...
When I was about 10 (so this would have been around 1975), a friend's mom took four of us kids to the local ice cream joint. She had a huge station wagon, and all four of us were lying down in the cargo area, looking up at the sky. While sitting at a stoplight, we noticed a collection of lights in the sky above us, roughly shaped like a filled in horseshoe.

It was just hovering there, then suddenly took off eastward like a bat out of hell. Time of observation: about 15 seconds. (None of us recalls hearing anything, but we might not have over the engine, radio, and AC.) My friend's mom had us, separately, draw what we had seen. All four drawings were similar, but not exactly alike; the variation were about what you'd expect with four people describing the same object. Did we see an alien craft? Are you prepared to accept the eyewitness testimony of four kids?

Questions...
1. Do you accept both events—ghost and UFO—as factual based on multiple eyewitnesses?
2. Do you reject both events, despite multiple eyewitnesses? If so, why?
3. Do you accept one event, but reject the other, even though both had multiple eyewitnesses? If so, which event seems believable and why?

I'll add that, IMO, I didn't see either a ghost or an alien craft. The most reasonable explanation for the ghost: the locals set us up; they were the ones who suggested the sojourn. The most reasonable explanation for the UFO: military helicopter from the reserve base in my city, perhaps a Boeing Apache. Note the "filled in horseshoe" shape of the body:
Spoiler:
Image
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29586
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:01 am

JO 753 wrote:Debunked in your brain!
You missed the whole point. No one has an outstanding UFO claim that needs debunking. I can clearly show you this.

I ask you to write down a clear hypothesis for your best alien UFO claim and supply evidence to support your hypothesis

You can't because either the claim has already been debunked or the hypothesis doesn't make sense in lieu of the evidence.

Imagine telling an Irish peasant that Leprechauns didn't exist, 100 years ago. That Irish person would react in exactly the same way as you. Personal disbelief.

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 14135
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by JO 753 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:33 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:It's not "relatively common" to witness a crime being committed.
More common than UFO sitingz. Comprized of known Earthly elements. Regularly reported on daily newz. Aksepted az a true event.
JO, either/or "reasoning" proves nothing, because it lacks a {!#%@} ton of nuance.
Not much nuans involved with the subject. Extraordinary events get your attention and make you alert. Ask sumwun wut color the upolstry in the McDonald'z they ate at a month ago and they will probably not even be willing to bet on their own gess. But suppoze there wuz a Playboy magazine with the sentrfold spred open on the table? They will likely remember that forever and be able to describe many accurate detailz.
You're failing to take into account all of the following:
• the brain's habit of adding/omitting details in order to fit the event into its model of the universe,
Many UFO sitingz simply do not lend themselvez to this notion. Nobody iz going to add a UFO to an otherwize boring day and chase it for owrz across 2 states.
• the witness' heightened emotional state, which negatively affects both observational skills and memory,


Balderdash. Hitend by wut? Did the suppozed 'martian' start yelling crude nasty insults about the witnessez mom, then THATS wen he looked up and saw the 'glowing disk'? Kuz you know, hiz emotionz were alredy "heightened" so hiz brain turned the hot air balloon into a flying sauser and the drunk pilot into a little green man.

Two stories...
Questions...
1. Do you accept both events—ghost and UFO—as factual based on multiple eyewitnesses?
Maybe.

All I know now iz that you rote the storyz here to support your argument. Pretty flimzy evidens for me. You coud hav made them up az you rote them.
I'll add that, IMO, I didn't see either a ghost or an alien craft. The most reasonable explaneration for the ghost: the locals set us up; they were the ones who suggested the sojourn. The most reasonable explaneration for the UFO: military helicopter from the reserve base in my city, perhaps a Boeing Apache. Note the "filled in horseshoe" shape of the body:
FTFY :)
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 14135
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by JO 753 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:53 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:You missed the whole point. No one has an outstanding UFO claim that needs debunking. I can clearly show you this.
You missed my point. The claimz remain outstanding bekuz there iz no definitiv explanation.
I ask you to write down a clear hypothesis for your best alien UFO claim and supply evidence to support your hypothesis
You tried that stratejy befor and ended up rezorting to insults. The called for hypothosis iz obviously exrtraterrestrial vizitorz and the only way to counter that iz to deny the witness accounts.
Imagine telling an Irish peasant that Leprechauns didn't exist, 100 years ago. That Irish person would react in exactly the same way as you. Personal disbelief.
I am not telling an Irish pezent that he didnt see a leprekon!

Arent you relying on personal disbelief to deny leprekonz and alienz?
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29586
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:39 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:You missed the whole point. No one has an outstanding UFO claim that needs debunking. I can clearly show you this.
JO 753 wrote: You missed my point. The claimz remain outstanding bekuz there iz no definitiv explanation.
What claim? You keep pretending that there is some remaining coherent claim about alien UFOs without saying what the claim is.

If you don't actually have a claim then what are you talking about?

You may as well just yell "Leprechauns" or "tooth fairy" at random moments, and think that means something.

JO 753 wrote:Arent you relying on personal disbelief to deny leprekonz and alienz?
No, for the simple reason no one is making any claim here, about leprechauns or alien UFOs, for me to skeptically dispute.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29586
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:50 am

Let us both review a post by Gorgeous, to see what I mean.
Gorgeous wrote:the greys have said they can stop time, reverse it , and speed it up


Try set out what Gorgeous is claiming and then what possible evidence he must be referring to?. Gorgeous is claiming an alien told someone something. However Gorgeous simply made that up and has no evidence. Are you saying I should accept what Gorgeous says? Obviously not. However at least Gorgeous made a claim which we could debunk. . You haven't go that far yet.

If no one is going to make a claim there is no reason a skeptic has to think that thing is real, in the first place.

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 14135
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by JO 753 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:29 pm

You brot up leprikonz. Just bekuz it soundz silly now duznt mean the Irish pezent didnt see sumthing 100 yirz ago.

A popular standard plot for sitcom riterz who hav run out uv fresh ideaz iz for wun uv their karakterz to seem like he haz gon nuts. Then at the conclusion we and the other karakterz finally see the Saint Patricks Day mijit, the weird new vacuum cleaner, the Elvis hologram or wutevr. QBLEQMF!

What claim? Why not just rezoom posting in the Call for Debaterz thred rather than starting from scrach? Plenty uv storyz that hav only been explainerated, not debunked.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.