GOPRO filmed car crash

Fun with supply and demand.
psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster
Custom Title: eugenics never stopped

GOPRO filmed car crash

Post by psychiatry is a scam » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:34 am

should a company be allowed to pay people to try stunts that are likely to get them injured or killed ?
just so they can have videos and get the extra advertising exposure .

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: GOPRO filmed car crash

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:49 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote:should a company be allowed to pay people to try stunts that are likely to get them injured or killed ?

The USA film and television industry is highly regulated and unionised. Stuntmen follow many various industry regulations.

It is individual stage performers, working for themselves, or cheap "indy" productions that "take shortcuts" and end up in trouble.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:26 am

I'd kinda liken it to any risky job. And the decision to do such lies with the individual.

And those who can afford the horrendous insurance premiums. :-P
Lard, save me from your followers.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:35 am

:scratch:

Actually, now I wonder how much of it still is real stunts these days...
Lard, save me from your followers.

digress
Frequent Poster
Custom Title: doomer

Post by digress » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:48 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote:should a company be allowed to pay people to try stunts that are likely to get them injured or killed ?
I believe this is a situational question because I can twist the semantics in your use of the term "likely" and go into far off distances with it.

I think life should be held with higher regard than money or endorsement and so a business should not be able to benefit from advertising the paid suicide of an employee. But injuries are ok because professional sports meets this criteria.
  God is an idea.  
"For now, I am going to err on the side of freedom of speech..." -Pyrrho
"Every instance that has always existed is a piece of evidence that God is not needed." -yrreg
"I am not a concept..." -Confidencia

Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Custom Title: Nucken Futs

Post by Major Malfunction » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:43 am

Not much point in dying for likes, is there? There's no Internet in the Afterlife. Apparently. Or we'd be inundated with tweets from dead people.

That being said, there's still a significant fraction of people that haven't figured that simple equation out quite yet. I'm sure they'd find some other way of publically offing themselves, nevertheless.

A gallon of petrol and a box of matches gets a lot of bang for buck, for example, if that's the way you want to go. It makes a spectacular statement. Getting a bit tired now, tho'.

If companies are offering money to people in dire financial circumstances to fund their estates, then that's a whole 'nother kettle of fish.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster
Custom Title: eugenics never stopped

Post by psychiatry is a scam » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:18 pm

digress wrote:
I believe this is a situational question because I can twist the semantics in your use of the term "likely" and go into far off distances with it.

I think life should be held with higher regard than money or endorsement and so a business should not be able to benefit from advertising the paid suicide of an employee. But injuries are ok because professional sports meets this criteria.
I was hoping someone would look up the video and include a link . GoPro : longest jump story - YOU TUBE

Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Custom Title: Nucken Futs

Post by Major Malfunction » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:23 am

This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Post by JO 753 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:07 am

Therez a bunch uv dashcam brandz. Just watch sum uv the Russian crash vidz and look at the timestamp info on many uv them.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.