The Creative Economy

Fun with supply and demand.
Tom Palven
Has More Than 6K Posts

The Creative Economy

Post by Tom Palven » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:26 am

Here's an article in Forbes touting an allegedly new idea- give customers something for their money- that goes back at least to Adam Smith's The Wealth of Nations, 1776. Smith also talked about the flip side of the coin, don't create subsidies, barriers to trade such as tarrifs, and bailouts for companies "too big to fail" like the Detroit automotive industry which after years of engineering experience gives us cars with gas caps on the passenger side so you can inconveniently walk around the car to fuel up, and buck traffic in the customer lines. One has to assume that their highly-paid executives are concentrating mainly on their golf games.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/stevedennin ... -recovery/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire
I may not agree with the what you say, but I will defend your right to say it. --Voltaire
Mankind will not be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. --Denis Diderot
I haven't abandoned my vices. My vices have abandoned me. --Denis Diderot

OutOfBreath
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: Persistent ponderer

Re: The Creative Economy

Post by OutOfBreath » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:11 am

Couldn't agree more with the article.
Could agree more with the rest of your post. ;)

Peace
Dan
What is perceived as real becomes real in its consequences.

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert