Deux-ex-machina

Fun with supply and demand.
Tom Palven
Has More Than 6K Posts

Deux-ex-machina

Post by Tom Palven » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:02 pm

Although relating to economics, I think that Ms Norma Manna Blum and some others here might enjoy the historical references in the article: Scroll down to Things that make you go hmmm...

http://www.mauldineconomics.com/ttmygh/deus-ex-machina" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire
I may not agree with the what you say, but I will defend your right to say it. --Voltaire
Mankind will not be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. --Denis Diderot
I haven't abandoned my vices. My vices have abandoned me. --Denis Diderot

kennyc
Has No Life
Custom Title: The Dank Side of the Moon

Re: Deux-ex-machina

Post by kennyc » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:07 pm

I enjoyed the joke:

Knock-knock
Who's there?
Euripides
Euripides who?
Euripides trousers? You menda dese trousers.

:lol:

the rest, tl;dr...
Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Gallery - Photo Gallery - Writing&Poetry - The Bleeding Edge
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama

nmblum88
Has More Than 8K Posts

Re: Deux-ex-machina

Post by nmblum88 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:26 pm

Tom-Palven wrote:Although relating to economics, I think that Ms Norma Manna Blum and some others here might enjoy the historical references in the article: Scroll down to Things that make you go hmmm...

http://www.mauldineconomics.com/ttmygh/deus-ex-machina" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tom:
Are you suggesting that there are participants here who DONT enjoy (or make connection with) historical references?
Or who are only here for the one-liners?
Or to add "me too, me too?"
Forum forfend!

Norma MB
Skepticism:
" Norma, you poor sad lonely alcoholic. You entire life is devoted to interrupting other people's posts on this forum, regardless of the topic, to tell them what's wrong with them. The irony is, here you are doing it again, with this very post.
Your fanciful card games, movie sojourns and exciting overseas trips, that all take place within the four walls of an aged care retirement home, do not suggest your own children offered you the care, I gave my parents."