Fundamentel Flaws Forcast Failiure

Methods and means of supporting critical thinking in education
JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Fundamentel Flaws Forcast Failiure

Post by JO 753 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:29 am

I just read thru most of the 'Can todays schools be fixed?' topic started by erwer. I agree with alot of what was written there.

I think seeing things from the student's perspective is the first step in fixing schools. This means ALL the students, including preschool !

How do you think a little kid percieves the whole idea of school when the 1st thing being taught is obviously stupid? As with all things, getting past a bad 1st impression is very difficult to impossible. It's no surprise to me that so many kids don't want to learn and become disruptive hellions.

Some of you already know what I'm talking about. It's our rediculous spelling nonsystem.

You start with a child's clean slate of a mind and tell them that this is what we have come up with to store and transfer all the knowledge of our civilization. You are giving them the overt message that inconsistency, illogic and innefficiency are acceptable.
That tradition is more important than good sense.

I'm not suggesting that this is the only problem with our schools. In my opinion, a government that can't even string up traffic lights without squandering miilions of gallons and hours a day has no business running an educational system. Bad students are worse than ever because the media is showing kids how things really are and they can see that hard work and obedience is not being rewarded in our society.

What I'm saying is that starting kids off with this mess is surely not helping them.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.