Donors Choose

Methods and means of supporting critical thinking in education
Skepchick
Founding Member

Donors Choose

Post by Skepchick » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:37 pm

I heard about this organization on the radio, and I really like the concept.
http://www.donorschoose.org

You get to pick a specific project, chosen from hundreds in different cities and discipline areas, and fund that particular project. I love the hands on decision making. Too often I have no idea where my donations end up- and here I do.

I wonder if the website would let people - teachers- pool their resources on things like Kiless creticial education courses
Lizard.

Kiless
Regular Poster

Re: Donors Choose

Post by Kiless » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:26 pm

Skepchick wrote:I wonder if the website would let people - teachers- pool their resources on things like Kiless creticial education courses

Depends if cretical means it's designed for cretins.... :( Or by? :roll:

Skepchick
Founding Member

Post by Skepchick » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:26 pm

Kiless wrote:
Skepchick wrote:I wonder if the website would let people - teachers- pool their resources on things like Kiless creticial education courses

Depends if cretical means it's designed for cretins.... :( Or by? :roll:

Not by. But all my posts are spellchecked by Spectral Tarsiers. They have been lazy recently- bad tarsier, no banana (or whatever they eat). I meant critical thinking :) The idea of a specific project being sponsored appeals to me.
Lizard.

Kiless
Regular Poster

Post by Kiless » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:26 pm

Skepchick wrote: The idea of a specific project being sponsored appeals to me.

then I'd defer to a forum member called Athon whose overarching program is designed to better implement critical thinking skills over a long-term basis rather than my eight/nine-week assignment outline. I'll have to PM him when he's not so busy.

Skepchick
Founding Member

Post by Skepchick » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:59 pm

Kiless wrote:
Skepchick wrote: The idea of a specific project being sponsored appeals to me.

then I'd defer to a forum member called Athon whose overarching program is designed to better implement critical thinking skills over a long-term basis rather than my eight/nine-week assignment outline. I'll have to PM him when he's not so busy.

Excellent :) I suspect this specific program is limited to US, but perhaps there is an equivalent one in UK/Australia/wherever athon currently teaches.
Lizard.