Some thoughts on cults

Methods and means of supporting critical thinking in education
mhein

Some thoughts on cults

Post by mhein » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:34 am

I listed some thoughts about how cult leaders may design and run their cults. Admin contact said it may be ok for this site. I may add texts about deception tactics that are as unknown as possible. I usually don't write stuff in my sites that is findable in wikipedia or news.
(http://www.sidesofsentience.com/2012/06 ... cults.html)
Last edited by mhein on Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:50 am, edited 3 times in total.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: My nightmare

Re: Some thoughts on cults

Post by Gord » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:26 am

Finally, a how-to! My previous cults have all failed due to ... personality issues.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

fromthehills
True Skeptic

Post by fromthehills » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:31 am

Never got a content warning from google before. Hmm, what's it about, and does Jim D= Pyrrho?

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Monster » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:34 pm

Good lord. That's a great idea! I'm going to start a cult! When I get the web page up, I'll let you guys know and y'all can join. Or not.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

mhein

Post by mhein » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:58 pm

Monster wrote:Good lord. That's a great idea! I'm going to start a cult! When I get the web page up, I'll let you guys know and y'all can join.

I made this instructions to kinda warn cult makers that they are not so inventive, powerful and untransparent as they'd like so'd be more afraid of messing up their own life (and the lives of those around) with this occupation.
Also to warn any potential recruit of what to expect so they'd be less surprised if their world savior organization can't concentrate on much else than taking all the evil money/rule-making powers to themselves.
Last edited by mhein on Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vanderpoel
Perpetual Poster

Post by vanderpoel » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:37 pm

mhein wrote:...also because i sometimes describe how some drugs affected my masturbation or other adult activities.

Since when is masturbation an adult activity?
"When you put a toucan on a monkey’s ass, don’t be fooled by the brightly colored plumage, beware of the enormous bill!"

mhein

Post by mhein » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:24 pm

vanderpoel wrote:
mhein wrote:...also because i sometimes describe how some drugs affected my masturbation or other adult activities.

Just in case so some moralist won't start complaining. Now i can say at least i warned them about cruel or sexual content.
BTW other adult acitivity i meant was 1 drug that made cunnilingus almost tasteless (not yet mentioned there).

vanderpoel
Perpetual Poster

Post by vanderpoel » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:47 pm

mhein wrote:
vanderpoel wrote:

Just in case so some moralist won't start complaining. Now i can say at least i warned them about cruel or sexual content.
BTW other adult acitivity i meant was 1 drug that made cunnilingus almost tasteless (not yet mentioned there).

That explains the reason why you're posting a disclaimer but it does not answer my question. Which is OK because I meant it more as a sneer. By the way, I know plenty of guys who find cunnilingus tasteless without taking drugs.
"When you put a toucan on a monkey’s ass, don’t be fooled by the brightly colored plumage, beware of the enormous bill!"

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: My nightmare

Post by Gord » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:28 am

vanderpoel wrote:... I know plenty of guys who find cunnilingus tasteless without taking drugs.

/me quickly backs out of the discussion
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Post by JO 753 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:58 am

I started an anti cult.

Everything a normal cult iz about, wakky ritualz, mytholojikl history, onerous membership requirements, disdaining lojik, ignoring facts, recruiting new memberz, etc., are exactly the oppozit with mine.

Needless to say, its not very popular.

Check out the website:
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

mhein

Post by mhein » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:17 am

Anyway i removed warning about adult content and added links to 44 minute death tape recorded while over 900 people got killed in Jonestown.

Pamam55
Regular Poster

Post by Pamam55 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:23 pm

Two biggest cults are organized religion and the military....the skeptic society aint too far behind

JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Post by JO 753 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:45 pm

You forgot the educational system.

Pamam55
Regular Poster

Post by Pamam55 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:41 am

JO 753 wrote:You forgot the educational system.

Yea, it's where government indoctrinates the students and if you decide to go to a private school (or catholic) then you'll have to deal with religion. There's no escaping religion or government when you're young!

mhein

Post by mhein » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:49 pm

I added extra text about deception which is bit similarly educational
http://www.sidesofsentience.com/2012/06/deception.html

BTW i have seen people like panama55 here in skeptic sites of my country. It's like they all have some professional troll to play idiot under every topic and try to get people to argue about childish mistakes and provocations so they'd get attention away from frauds they might be able to protect.

Pamam55
Regular Poster

Post by Pamam55 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:57 pm

mhein wrote:I added extra text about deception which is bit similarly educational

BTW i have seen people like panama55 here in skeptic sites of my country. It's like they all have some professional troll to play idiot under every topic and try to get people to argue about childish mistakes and provocations so they'd get attention away from frauds they might be able to protect.

If you want to talk about cults then lets talk about the two biggest: Religion and governments (countries)

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Monster » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:26 pm

Pamam55 wrote:
mhein wrote:I added extra text about deception which is bit similarly educational

If you want to talk about cults then lets talk about the two biggest: Religion and governments (countries)

You forgot to tell him to grow up and you forgot to tell him he has no idea of what he's talking about.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.