Unschooling

Methods and means of supporting critical thinking in education
The Sea is Mine
BANNED

Re: Unschooling

Post by The Sea is Mine » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:19 am

RubyHypatia wrote:Sea, what's with the, "Men's Rights Worldwide" slogan? I don't know of any societies where men don't at least have equal rights with women. In fact, I think the men's rights movement is just about some men being pissed at female equality.

this video will explain. It's not about equality, it's about advantage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlIB8f9CYL0
Men's rights worldwide!

JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Post by JO 753 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:02 am

Iz that you?

Ye, thats you! Youre St. Patrick.

The divorce went bad for you. The law iz against you. It aint fair. Everything you sed iz true.

Take it az evidence for Karma. Or it coud just be people actively evening the score, leveling the playing field a little. Women get treated very badly in many other countryz and men get away with it. Women do not get equal treatment on many thingz here in America yet.

Face it. Men are often domineering. We are way stronger, have way more drive, and are smarter in the areas that hav bilt our civilization. We can not help but be dominant. Maybe sum uv them see it az oppression. I can understand the perspective, but don't agree with it. Wut are men to do? Not invent new thingz? Sandbag in sports? Let an opportunity for revolution pass, and hope a woman picks it up? HA! We'd still be living in cavez if we slowed down to let women keep up.

We got the world, man. We got history! And youre crying over fatherz rites?

Give it up. Move on and do sumthing with your life.

RubyHypatia
Frequent Poster

Post by RubyHypatia » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:16 pm

Wow, "St. Patrick" is one hateful, bitter man, and certainly didn't come across as being logical in his assessment.

JO, what do you mean men are smarter in the areas that have built civilization? Women were the gatherers, isn't it likely it was women who developed planting, paving the way for the Neolithic revolution?

And yes, we women do have as much drive as men. It's just that a good part of that drive is in the creation of the next generation. Where would you be without it? And no, men don't have to be dominant. Male domination in the West has decreased significantly, yet technology continues to advance.

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Monster » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:09 pm

JO 753 wrote:Iz that you?

I doubt it. "St. Patrick" uses a lot more foul language than The Sea Is Mine does. The writing/speaking styles are just totally different.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:52 pm

RubyHypatia wrote:JO, what do you mean men are smarter in the areas that have built civilization?

The vast majority uv scientific and teknolojikl advancez were made by men. Plain fact. Maybe its all attributable to testosterone. I don't know. But look up chess grandmasterz. Look up historicly significant physicists. Look up any field mainly governed by intelligence and almost all uv the big namez will be men. If there are women capable uv doing the same, they simply arent.

Poodle
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Post-bloom

Post by Poodle » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:11 pm

... and have you SEEN women play rugby? I mean ... c'mon.

RubyHypatia
Frequent Poster

Post by RubyHypatia » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:30 pm

JO, up until a few decades ago, women were expected to get married, make babies, and do domestic chores. You don't think that may have had something to do with the lack of women being physicists and chess champions? Heck, even when a woman had a job, she was most likely to be a school teacher, nurse, secretary, or domestic servant. When women first tried to become doctors, they encountered some fierce resistance from men. Women trying to enter male dominated fields risked turning off potential husbands because it was like she was turning her back on her womanhood. BTW, ever hear of Marie Curie?

RubyHypatia
Frequent Poster

Post by RubyHypatia » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:31 pm

Poodle wrote:... and have you SEEN women play rugby? I mean ... c'mon.

Actually, no. Please describe it.

Poodle
True Skeptic

Post by Poodle » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:15 pm

RubyHypatia wrote:

It was supposed to be an attempt at ironic humour, Ruby.

RubyHypatia
Frequent Poster

Post by RubyHypatia » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:25 pm

Poodle wrote:
RubyHypatia wrote:

It was supposed to be an attempt at ironic humour, Ruby.

I kinda figured it was a joke. Sorry, I just didn't get it.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:55 am

RubyHypatia wrote:BTW, ever hear of Marie Curie?

Yes. Therez 1.

Everything you say iz true. Therez certainly an element uv oppression to this. Therez a bigger element uv different rolez for men and women in society and that started before the speciez did.

I believe women shoud be paid equally for equal work, have the opportunity to enter any field they want and compete with men in thoze fieldz. At the same time, who woud benefit if men are held back just to let a woman in?

The Sea is Mine
BANNED

Post by The Sea is Mine » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:22 pm

Monster wrote:

I doubt it. "St. Patrick" uses a lot more foul language than The Sea Is Mine does. The writing/speaking styles are just totally different.

It's not me. but I like his videos.

Now I want to ask. Feminism is inherently wrong if it claims that men and women are exactly the same except for a few differences in our plumbing under our pants. That idea can be disproven by science.

In the meantime here is another guy who has a whole youtube channel based on stopping feminism.

http://www.youtube.com/user/barbarossaaaa#p/u

He is very well spoken, and he's black by the way, so don't blame race. my favorite videos is

"Stop Arguing with Women"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhZDMUyv ... ideo_title

and especially "Female Criminality"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN5DFXpm ... ideo_title
Men's rights worldwide!

RubyHypatia
Frequent Poster

Post by RubyHypatia » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:44 pm

JO, how are men being held back in order to allow women into certain fields?

Austin Harper
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk

Post by Austin Harper » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:48 pm

The Sea is Mine wrote:He is very well spoken, and he's black by the way, so don't blame race. my favorite videos is

"Stop Arguing with Women"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhZDMUyv ... ideo_title

In that video he says,
Ask yourself if I'm wrong. Look over to the woman you're with and ask yourself -- and answer honestly -- if it wasn't for the fact that she could dispense sex, and if it's something that you want have children for you, would you ever talk to this woman at all? Does she have any other redeeming qualities that would keep you around if sex simply did not exist?

Um, yes. That is a definite "yes." This video is ridiculous. Are you sure it isn't supposed to be satirical?
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

RubyHypatia
Frequent Poster

Post by RubyHypatia » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:11 pm

Sea, you write as if feminism is like a giant collective with one voice, which it isn't. It's just the effort to gain and maintain equality.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/feminism

fem·i·nism
   [fem-uh-niz-uhm]

noun
the doctrine advocating social, political, and all other rights of women equal to those of men.

That man in the YouTube video is dispicable. He claims that women's only value is in dispensing sex, and that it was men who have carried the human race. Women used to basically risk their lives giving birth. Many died as a result of it. They worked hard taking care of their families so saying that they were only good for sex is just hateful and bigoted. That guy is a moron.

The Sea is Mine
BANNED

Post by The Sea is Mine » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:36 pm

RubyHypatia wrote:Sea, you write as if feminism is like a giant collective with one voice, which it isn't. It's just the effort to gain and maintain equality.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/feminism

fem·i·nism
   [fem-uh-niz-uhm]

noun
the doctrine advocating social, political, and all other rights of women equal to those of men.

That man in the YouTube video is dispicable. He claims that women's only value is in dispensing sex, and that it was men who have carried the human race. Women used to basically risk their lives giving birth. Many died as a result of it. They worked hard taking care of their families so saying that they were only good for sex is just hateful and bigoted. That guy is a moron.

You can always look up a word in the dictionary and find its definition. Like I said before my problem is what feminism has become , and the way it works today, rather than its official definition.

I disagree with you about the youtube poster. I feel he is very educated and well spoken, if you see his vids and the way he talks, he makes a lot of sense. I honestly consider him a personal hero.
Men's rights worldwide!

Austin Harper
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk

Post by Austin Harper » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:59 pm

The Sea is Mine wrote:You can always look up a word in the dictionary and find its definition. Like I said before my problem is what feminism has become , and the way it works today, rather than its official definition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

bigtim
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: Skeptical Berserker

Post by bigtim » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:29 pm

The Sea is Mine wrote:You can always look up a word in the dictionary and find its definition. Like I said before my problem is what feminism has become , and the way it works today, rather than its official definition.

A) Finding definitions of words is how we communicate. Words are the tools we use to make our attempt to understand each other work. Not following the understood or defined meaning of a term means someone is just making {!#%@} up.

B) No, the issues you have is not with feminism. Your “perception” of it is wrong. You have this misogynistic taint to everything you write about women and it’s fed by this fantasy invention of yours that men are being subjugated by women and how women aren't really abused and how, apparently, they're better off being treated like property.

Here’s a definition for you:

mi·sog·y·ny
noun
hatred, dislike, or mistrust of women.

Example Sentences
• The incident reveals deep-rooted tech industry misogyny, she claims.
• Anti-feminism is a direct expression of misogyny; it is the political defense of women hating.
Last edited by bigtim on Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~
BigTim
"I'm not entirely convinced that ValHalla isn't real."

RubyHypatia
Frequent Poster

Post by RubyHypatia » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:20 pm

Sea, your hero says:

"If it wasn't for the ability to dispense sex, women would be utterly useless for the most part, and women would've played no useful role in society whatsoever. Throughout history it has been men that have carried the human race from the stone age to the bronze age all the way up to the modern age where we find ourselves legally binded to the burden of carrying women."

Let's do a thought experiment. Say men and women were different species instead of different genders, and there was no sexual attraction. We just reproduced asexually. Of course women wouldn't have played a useful role in male society, unless they enslaved the female population, which I think would be likely. This is of course assuming the males didn't exterminate the females for not having the same deities.
:lol:

RubyHypatia
Frequent Poster

Post by RubyHypatia » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:25 pm

BTW, Sea, if must have been so hard for men carrying the human race, you know, with not only doing all the building, but having to birth babies and take care of the children, run the household, care for the sick and elderly, etc.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:43 pm

RubyHypatia wrote:JO, how are men being held back in order to allow women into certain fields?

Didnt say they are.

bigtim
Perpetual Poster

Post by bigtim » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:52 pm

"If it wasn't for the ability to dispense sex, women would be utterly useless for the most part, and women would've played no useful role in society whatsoever. Throughout history it has been men that have carried the human race from the stone age to the bronze age all the way up to the modern age where we find ourselves legally binded to the burden of carrying women."

This is utter horseshit
~
BigTim

brauneyz
Persistent Poster

Post by brauneyz » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:02 am

Yes, this is utter horseshit. So why are you all still responding to this guy? :scratch:
"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves." ~ Bertrand de Jouvenel

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Post by OlegTheBatty » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:06 am

Horseshit, spread on the garden, is useful. I can see no use whatsoever coming from this bigotted twaddle.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

bigtim
Perpetual Poster

Post by bigtim » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:01 am

brauneyz wrote:Yes, this is utter horseshit. So why are you all still responding to this guy? :scratch:

uuummmm.... i dunno?
~
BigTim

The Sea is Mine
BANNED

Post by The Sea is Mine » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:18 am

brauneyz wrote:Yes, this is utter horseshit. So why are you all still responding to this guy? :scratch:

Instead of running away and hiding why not tell me the part you think is horseshit? I think a lot about feminism and what it has become today is horseshit.
Also, instead of focusing on one or two single sentences of the video why not respond to many of the other truths that are mentioned. what you are doing is like throwing out the entire log of documents the founding father's wrote simply because, oh, you don't like the second amendment and what it says about owning guns.

Lastly, could you tell me of, er, one single invention in our history that has been invented by a woman?
Men's rights worldwide!

Connie

Post by Connie » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:51 am

The Sea is Mine wrote:...Lastly, could you tell me of, er, one single invention in our history that has been invented by a woman?

Liquid paper. Took all of two seconds to come up with that one.
"I'm Fat, Ugly and Stupid: What's the Government Going to Do About It?".
Michael Costa

Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Post by Major Malfunction » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:05 am

Dishwasher. Windscreen wipers. I guess she got tired of sitting on the bonnet in the rain.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

Poodle
True Skeptic

Post by Poodle » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:44 am

bigtim
Perpetual Poster

Post by bigtim » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:32 pm

~
BigTim

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:41 pm

Interesting lists.

(Brothella Quick???? hehehehe. sorry, but thats a name that conjurez sum funny storyz)

I believe the number uv patents issued iz up in the 7 millionz.

No disrespect to the inventorz, but do you remember that joke in AIRPLANE! - a passenger asks for sum lite reading and the stewardess handz him Greatest Jewish Sports Lejends, a pamflet?

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:49 pm

Sea, even IF that iznt you in the video, you are still being a greedy cry baby. My point iz men hav grabbed the world and you don't want to allow women the few areaz uv advantage that they hav.

RubyHypatia
Frequent Poster

Post by RubyHypatia » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:50 pm

Sea, when my gender gets called useless without the ability to dispense sex, that sticks in my head. Do you agree that men basically carried women throughout human history even though it was women who birthed babies, took care of children, maintained the household, cared for the sick and elderly, etc.? You were just talking about how this work was important, yet your hero doesn't seem to think so.

Not only did I watch those videos, but others like them, and the comments. Damn there's a lot of misogyny on YouTube! The guy who claimed women were useless without the ability to dispense sex, that guy is black. Now imagine if I were to point out that it was white men who invented most of our modern technology, and I totally disregarded the circumstances that held his race back. Somehow I doubt he'd like that.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:48 pm

The Sea is Mine wrote: Lastly, could you tell me of, er, one single invention in our history that has been invented by a woman?

Hmmm...so who is that person sitting two people to the left of Albert Einstein?....you know....the person who won two Nobel Prizes and actually coined the term "radioactivity" ......you know....a professor at the University of Paris....gosh it's a chick!....it's Marie Curie.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-iSV1oeDFvsg/T ... 1927-1.jpg

Do you think Marie was there to wash the dishes?

RubyHypatia
Frequent Poster

Post by RubyHypatia » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:52 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
The Sea is Mine wrote: Lastly, could you tell me of, er, one single invention in our history that has been invented by a woman?

Hmmm...so who is that person sitting two people to the left of Albert Einstein?....you know....the person who won two Nobel Prizes and actually coined the term "radioactivity" ......you know....a professor at the University of Paris....gosh it's a chick!....it's Marie Curie.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-iSV1oeDFvsg/T ... 1927-1.jpg

And somehow I doubt she had high levels of testosterone.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:55 am

Monster wrote:

I can definitely say it is not "sea of mine" after his post.....

"ANTI-WHITE RACISM
Not only were we taught to be ashamed of our gender, they went so far as to blatantly make us ashamed of our race.......Not one, not a SINGLE mention of all the good we did, only the bad (and if they did happen to mention anything good a white man did they never pointed out it was a white man who did it.".

Post 261#
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=16646&start=240#p255721

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:04 am

I'm believing it now.

RubyHypatia
Frequent Poster

Post by RubyHypatia » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:20 pm

I grew up in a fundie church. Every Wednesday was Bible study when we'd all sit in a circle to discuss the Bible, only it was just the men who talked. We women were supposed to sit there with our mouths shut as the Bible said we were to remain silent. It was humiliating. Oh yeah, this is a church where women were required to wear hats because head covering is a symbol of male authority. So are men made to feel ashamed of their gender? I don't know, but somehow I doubt it even comes close to the shame women have been put through throughout human history.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:33 pm

Herez a theory: Many religionz are started by prude nerd men.

The evidence being the supression uv sexuality & womenz appearance. Having to wear hats in church, thats a new wun for me. Women generally have much better hair than men, so sum baldy minister a few hundred yirz ago came up with that rule.

RubyHypatia
Frequent Poster

Post by RubyHypatia » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:55 pm

JO 753 wrote:Herez a theory: Many religionz are started by prude nerd men.

The evidence being the supression uv sexuality & womenz appearance. Having to wear hats in church, thats a new wun for me. Women generally have much better hair than men, so sum baldy minister a few hundred yirz ago came up with that rule.

No, JO, it's in the Bible. 1 Corinthians 11. I can't believe I was brainwashed to believe that {!#%@}.