Should schools use video surveillance?

Methods and means of supporting critical thinking in education
poppycambridge

Re: Should schools use video surveillance?

Post by poppycambridge » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:55 pm

using it does have positive and negative out come for an individual. It can be use as a way of security though there are times that a persons privacy can also harm by this kind of thing.
I am a very outgoing and social person by nature. In fact, most of my friends call me the life of the party whenever we go out clubbing and barhopping. However I still do my best to make time for my studies and attending hypnosis training.

bigtim
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: Skeptical Berserker

Post by bigtim » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:17 am

I'm even more adamant that the Mega-school structure is evil... {!#%@} kill it...
~
BigTim
"I'm not entirely convinced that ValHalla isn't real."

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Post by OlegTheBatty » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:52 pm

A-number wrote:I think they should install them everywhere starting from the Principal's office. Couple of years back in here, a principal raped an under age girl (claiming to have a relations with her), he has not been punished, was moved to a different school where he proceeded to do it again with a different girl :lol:. Also, in here (bless the Californians, they are so out of control, they might as well move to the mountains to live with the animals) couple of kids proceeded to have sex in the back of the class (boy and girl), of course while class was in progress, all kids sitting in the back pulled out their little phones and started to Hollywood-tape the whole thing :lol: . And guess what Ladies and gentlemen? this, I reapeat, THIS! without the teacher having the slightest clue!!!!! I say he or she must have been snorting cocain at the time. Needeless to say that the little devils quickly got on it (just as a bad little cop would :P) by emailing the 'sequence' :lol: to everybody they know around the county, and why not? around the earth. And I bet the taping is on underground you tube by now. Yes, I think security cameras should be installed everywhere.

People upgrade their cameras and phones all the time, but institutions rarely upgrade their security cameras. The phones are likely to give a better quality video, at least most of the time. Besides, students are much more likely than security personnel to upload to Youtube.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Post by OlegTheBatty » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:32 pm

I wasn't thinking about property rights, I was thinking of the public humiliation factor. Humiliation is a lot cheaper than throwing them in jail, and probably just as effective.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero