Hurricane Matthew--like all Matts, A KILLER

Heated discussions on a hot topic.
bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Hurricane Matthew--like all Matts, A KILLER

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:31 pm

Read an excellent review yesterday and can't find it....I just installed Shadow Defender to lock down the computer and it needs a few tweaks to "save things." But this link hits the high notes:

Of interest to me anyway is the eye of the storm is going to stay over the water and just nick the coastline. This maintains maximum power...and the storm is slow moving so areas are going to get maximum winds for up to 48 hours. Thats horrific. .... and along with a 9 foot storm surge...I don't know how the East Coast of Florida/Georgia is going to survive. Should be "a map changer." Huge areas of land to be returned to nature as a buffer against natural events..... or we can just continue to tax the middle class to rebuild the summer homes of the AlreadyTooRich. What are the odds?
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Paul Anthony
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: The other god

Re: Hurricane Matthew--like all Matts, A KILLER

Post by Paul Anthony » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:10 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:... or we can just continue to tax the middle class to rebuild the summer homes of the AlreadyTooRich. What are the odds?
OK, I understand the sentiment, but I'm pretty sure those houses aren't being built with middle class dollars...unless they're owned by politicians.
People who say ALWAYS and NEVER are usually wrong, part of the time.
Science answers questions, Philosophy questions answers.
Make sense, not war.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:22 pm

Of course they are Paulie. The AlreadyTooRich get tax cuts, loopholes, and special provisions while the middle class gets job cuts, benefit reductions, and the same taxes as ever. The percentage over time of tax revenue from Corporations and the Rich has been reducing while the percentage from the middle has increased. Its the insurance guarantee program that I'm specifically referring to. Its highly skewed to the Rich.......and paid for by those who can't build as too expensive.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

Paul Anthony
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: The other god

Post by Paul Anthony » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:31 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Of course they are Paulie. The AlreadyTooRich get tax cuts, loopholes, and special provisions while the middle class gets job cuts, benefit reductions, and the same taxes as ever. The percentage over time of tax revenue from Corporations and the Rich has been reducing while the percentage from the middle has increased. Its the insurance guarantee program that I'm specifically referring to. Its highly skewed to the Rich.......and paid for by those who can't build as too expensive.
Like I said, I understand the sentiment, but you are talking about an indirect cause-and-effect. Middle class people are not paying for billionaire's beach houses. That someone is rich does not make me poorer. Also, if the government took all of the wealth away from billionaires, how much of it do you think the government would give YOU? Do you really think your tax rate would go down if theirs went up? No, Bobbo, the government would just spend more. You're screwed. Get used to it.
People who say ALWAYS and NEVER are usually wrong, part of the time.
Science answers questions, Philosophy questions answers.
Make sense, not war.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:10 pm

No Paulie....its all quite direct. Not one hand from one pocket to the other...but you know, reasonably speaking. The elements were placed before you. Its: MATH. When someone Rich takes your job off shore...yes, you are poorer. YOU being generic, you Paulie being irrelevant. How self centered you Teabaggers and Libertines all are.

Over personalized, overly childish.

MY tax rate going down if theirs go up?..... Again Paulie...READ WHATS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU. You are hysterically blind to anything except agreement. Silly Hooman.