Is it Starting? Insurance Co's warning against Global Warming

Heated discussions on a hot topic.
bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Is it Starting? Insurance Co's warning against Global Warming

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:33 pm

got the tease from "Watching the Hawks" on Russian TV: Society supports Fossil Fuels to the tune of 4.3 Trillion per year. Why do that for an industry who's time has passed? Move those subsidies to Solar...and the cost curve VIOLENTLY shifts to GREEN.

Mark Wilson CEO of Aviva Ins Co has stated that GW is a threat to their investment portfolio and ultimate liquidity. I thought years ago the "first" crack in the wall of Science Denying anti-AGW might be when the Ins Cos stop providing their products for projects built near the coasts. I think that is going on in ways right now not fully known or appreciated: Ins Co NOT INSURING buildings in red zoned areas (Like the famous John Stossel vacation homes on the coast) because of the high cost of coverage....so the Federal Government steps in as a guarantor. Another Subsidy to the Fossil Fuels???

How much more support do we the people have to shell out to the most profitable Big Businesses the World has ever seen?

Does remind me of all the coal companies going bankrupt right now....not about subsidies but rather competition from other Fossil Fuels. A race to extinction so to speak.

https://www.google.com/#q=mark+Wilson+a ... al+warming
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: Is it Starting? Insurance Co's warning against Global Warming

Post by OlegTheBatty » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:15 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:got the tease from "Watching the Hawks" on Russian TV: Society supports Fossil Fuels to the tune of 4.3 Trillion per year. Why do that for an industry who's time has passed? Move those subsidies to Solar...and the cost curve VIOLENTLY shifts to GREEN.

Mark Wilson CEO of Aviva Ins Co has stated that GW is a threat to their investment portfolio and ultimate liquidity. I thought years ago the "first" crack in the wall of Science Denying anti-AGW might be when the Ins Cos stop providing their products for projects built near the coasts. I think that is going on in ways right now not fully known or appreciated: Ins Co NOT INSURING buildings in red zoned areas (Like the famous John Stossel vacation homes on the coast) because of the high cost of coverage....so the Federal Government steps in as a guarantor. Another Subsidy to the Fossil Fuels???

How much more support do we the people have to shell out to the most profitable Big Businesses the World has ever seen?

Does remind me of all the coal companies going bankrupt right now....not about subsidies but rather competition from other Fossil Fuels. A race to extinction so to speak.

https://www.google.com/#q=mark+Wilson+a ... al+warming
That's because insurance companies are later to the game of buying politicians than the oil companies.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

.......................Doesn't matter how often I'm proved wrong.................... ~ bobbo the pragmatist

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:21 pm

Speaking of (my own) lack of flexibility, I can't guess at what you are referencing by "That's". What is because of that?
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Post by OlegTheBatty » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:34 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Speaking of (my own) lack of flexibility, I can't guess at what you are referencing by "That's". What is because of that?
That subsidies help oil companies, even if they hurt ins. co.s
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

.......................Doesn't matter how often I'm proved wrong.................... ~ bobbo the pragmatist

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:56 am

Is influence a timing issue or a amount of benefit received issue? Seems to me that without government interference, we would have had socialized medicine a long time ago and the Ins Co's would be out of business. Isn't Big Pharma the largest bribe paying special interest by one measure or another and in the Top Five by any measure you wish?