The Coral Bleaching Debate

Heated discussions on a hot topic.
bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19760
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:34 am

post the links necessary to get from http://www.psmsl.org/ to the chart you choose to post.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2787
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: A Proven Scientific Skeptic

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by Jim Steele » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:48 am

Dang Bobbo you stuuupid! I posted the link to Turtle Head Island. Why you still ranting and whining????
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19760
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:53 am

post the links necessary to get from http://www.psmsl.org/ to the chart you choose to post. I'll do the rest of your thinking for you.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2787
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: A Proven Scientific Skeptic

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by Jim Steele » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:01 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:post the links necessary to get from http://www.psmsl.org/ to the chart you choose to post. I'll do the rest of your thinking for you.
Ahhh Bobbo, you want to play the cut and paste game Ad Nauseum??? No problem!
Dang Bobbo you stuuupid! I posted the link to Turtle Head Island. Why you still ranting and whining????
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2787
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: A Proven Scientific Skeptic

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by Jim Steele » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:07 am

Bobbo, Here is a link that is relevant to the coral bleaching debate

http://www.thegwpf.com/great-barrier-re ... bleaching/
Great Barrier Reef: Scientists ‘Exaggerated’ Coral Bleaching
I know it destroys your gloom and doom mantra, but feel free to offer a scientific refutation of coral resilience!

Image
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19760
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:30 am

I'm out until you support your linked material. No one should be forced into a snipe hunt to find the original source.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2787
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: A Proven Scientific Skeptic

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by Jim Steele » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:08 am

Well then I guess you are out forever. The link has been fully supported but you simply cant follow!
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19760
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:17 pm

Before now, I was interested in the chart for the information that you were presenting. Irritated that you did not provide any link at all and required too much to be taken on faith and trust which you certainly have not earned. With your final refusal, I am now motivated to find out what you are covering up ....so...I searched the website for "turtle" and came up with:

http://www.psmsl.org/data/obtaining/stations/1749.php The link I was requesting that you should have provided all your readers.

Of note, your chart of monthly readings is followed by the same data tagged as "annual" and the charts don't look the same at all. I have to edumacate myself on why. Same with whatever the scale of the X axis is....from 7050 to 6925...but of what? Given the scale of ocean rise 15 years is only a inch or so....maybe your chart that "looks" stable is actually fully demonstrating an ovean rise of one inch? I don't know.

I'll do some more fishing. The exercise will lock down whether you are dishonest....or just stupid.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2787
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: A Proven Scientific Skeptic

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by Jim Steele » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:13 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote: I'll do some more fishing. The exercise will lock down whether you are dishonest....or just stupid.

Glad to see you finally stopped whining and blaming me for your incompetence and found the link based on all the info I provided. But your vIntage Bobbo BS continues.
Bobbo writess, "the charts don't look the same at all. I have to edumacate myself on why."
Regards claims that rising sea levels attributed to CO2 caused the rats to go extinct, the important information is maximum sea level. Now you can continue your rant accusing me of stupidity or dishonesty , but let edumacate you on the obvious differences between mongthly and annual charts. :mrgreen:

The chart I posted has the monthly sea level. Please note the highest monthly mean was in 2001 and reached about 7275 mm, a second high mark of 7240 in 2011, and a decline in high points the following 2 years. There seems to be no trend but a more cyclical change.

Image

I am not sure why such a "brilliant science guy" like Bobbo (ROTFLMAO) cant figure out why the annual chart (posted below) looks so different from the monthly chart I posted. As odd as it might seem annual chart averages all the monthly tides. First notice that the highest annual average is in 2010 was only 7050 mm. Using the annual average obscures the highest tides by about 200 mm. The shape of the annual graph differs simply because in 2001 there were higher highs but also lower lows that lowered the average. 2010 annual average looks higher, not because it experienced the highest tides, or as Bobbo suggests a 1 inch rise in the highest tides, but because the lower tides were not as low and thus raised raised the average. If speculation that the rats drowned from a higher tide, then the monthly chart is most valuable and points to when sea water inundations would have been most likely to happen. Rats would not be drowned by a statistical average.

Yup Yup Yup! Once again Bobbo's "brilliant grasp of the science" has exposed my "stupidity" and "dishonesty". :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or does his rants and insinuations confirm once again, Bobbo's incompetence and dishonest sniping! ROTFLMAO. Keep up the god work Bobbo! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And try to stay on topic this posst ishow how resilient coral are. But your mis-direction suggest you either can not refute the evidence or you again do not understand

Image
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2787
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: A Proven Scientific Skeptic

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by Jim Steele » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:32 pm

Here's a good story comparing the conflicting exaggerated claims about coral reef bleaching and deaths

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2016/06/20/ ... reef-wars/
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19760
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:45 pm

Only because it showed up:

http://phys.org/news/2016-06-global-coral-event.html Third year in a row for coral devastation. The WORLD WIDE record heat wave.....continues. but it was colder than usual last tuesday in {!#%@} N. Dakota therefore: Jimbo says the vastly superior bulk of information can be ignored.

Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2787
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: A Proven Scientific Skeptic

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by Jim Steele » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:16 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Third year in a row for coral devastation. The WORLD WIDE record heat wave.....continues. but it was colder than usual last tuesday in {!#%@} N. Dakota
Bobbo is so stupid. There are no coral in North Dakota! ROTFLMAO


Besides global and tropical temperatures are rapidly declining as El Nino has now ventilated its stored heat.

Tropical temperatures:

Image

Global Satllite

Image

And most coral are thriving! My snapshot is more representative than Bobbo's!

Image
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19760
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:40 pm

JIm Steele wrote:Bobbo is so stupid. There are no coral in North Dakota! ROTFLMAO
Since I'm counter posting so much less....that is a good one.

Weird you can have a sense of humor........truth being the kernel of humor???? I suppose.......denial is too?
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2787
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: A Proven Scientific Skeptic

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by Jim Steele » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:20 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote: Weird you can have a sense of humor........truth being the kernel of humor???? I suppose.......denial is too?
This site seldom has a poster who engages in any meaningful scientific discussion. But the delusions of paranoid alarmists do make me belly laugh, so I come here for the laughs.
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19760
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:30 pm

Certainly not the education. Thats very clear. One of the most single minded folks I have ever witnessed.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2787
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: A Proven Scientific Skeptic

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by Jim Steele » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:02 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Certainly not the education. Thats very clear. One of the most single minded folks I have ever witnessed.
Huh?? English please!
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19760
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:02 am

You are here to avoid the great mass of contradictory science and to goof on all who accept what is the established consensus. On first blush...you offer some interesting facts...but any continued analysis shows them all to be faulty or off point in a hope to confuse. This very thread on the import of coral bleaching is very representative of such efforts.

sucks to be you.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2787
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: A Proven Scientific Skeptic

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by Jim Steele » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:17 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
sucks to be you.
ROTFLMAO. I know I am a man of science and integrity. What sucks is to be a paranoid alarmist forever blind to reality!!!!
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19760
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:42 am

Thus spoke the 3%.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2787
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: A Proven Scientific Skeptic

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by Jim Steele » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:26 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Thus spoke the 3%.
You are even deluded about the %
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19760
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:38 pm

On last discussion....what did you admit to? Memory says you found some stat/analysis around 60%? Still the Vegas winning bet. You ought to at least stop using scientists that support AGW when making arguments against it....as with Coral Bleaching. Ha, ha.===>Still sucks, Big Time, to be you.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2787
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: A Proven Scientific Skeptic

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by Jim Steele » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:11 pm

ROTFLAMO
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19760
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:15 pm

No denial.

sucks to be you: an outed shill.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2787
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: A Proven Scientific Skeptic

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by Jim Steele » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:11 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:No denial.

sucks to be you: an outed shill.
Endlessly repeating nonsense is typical obsessive compulsive behavior from a paraoid alarmist who can not refute all the contrary evidence.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19760
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:49 pm

Wanna post your same chart without a link for the fourth time in the same thread?

Wanna agree and disagree that co2 is a green house gas that will and then won't raise temperatures around the earth because there is no such thing as an average temperature????

Your science passes the boundaries of voodoo......................that you don't do.............so well.

Sucks to think 3% is more credible/worthy of support than 97%. ...... If that is what you really think.

Whats more worthy in your view JS? To be stoopid, merely dishonest, or an actual shill for Big Fossil?
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2787
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: A Proven Scientific Skeptic

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by Jim Steele » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:18 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Wanna post your same chart without a link for the fourth time in the same thread?

Wanna agree and disagree that co2 is a green house gas that will and then won't raise temperatures around the earth because there is no such thing as an average temperature????

Your science passes the boundaries of voodoo......................that you don't do.............so well.

Sucks to think 3% is more credible/worthy of support than 97%. ...... If that is what you really think.

Whats more worthy in your view JS? To be stoopid, merely dishonest, or an actual shill for Big Fossil?
Science progresses as new theories are better attunded to the evidence and more reliably project the future. Consensus typically retards scientific progress. As I said before, endlessly repeating nonsense is a typical obsessive compulsive's behavior from a paranoid alarmist who can not refute, not just all if the contrary evidence, but any of the contradictory evidence. Blather on Bobbo. Blather onQ

ROTFLAMAO
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19760
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:09 pm

Would that you followed your own detached ditherings.

You simply.............lie.

I would point it out in detail to you to prove the point. I have done that already............and you just lie, joke, raise a straw man in complete manipulation of what you claim to follow.

YOU champion the 3%. Silly..........to deny reality....... it damages all of your arguable inconsistent facts you like present as a full blown alternative to AGW. It isn't. You are a fool...... or a tool. Hardly matters to try to determine which....as you maneuver so.

PROVE ME WRONG: what does coral bleaching AS YOU PRESENT IT have to say about AGW?
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2787
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: A Proven Scientific Skeptic

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by Jim Steele » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:17 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote: PROVE ME WRONG: what does coral bleaching AS YOU PRESENT IT have to say about AGW?
You have been proven wrong numerous times and it is quite entertaining to read your squirmy attempts to fabricate otherwise. Your early attempts to cut and paste irrelevant replies revealed both your total lack of scientific understanding and your depraved attempts to undermine superior evidence-based skeptical logic.
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2787
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: A Proven Scientific Skeptic

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by Jim Steele » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:28 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote: YOU champion the 3%. Silly..........to deny reality.......
Once again paranoid alarmists pathetically confuse a majority opinion with reality.

Such thinking set back society for centuries as racial supremacists embraced the majority's denigrating opinions and ignored the realistic analyses of human potential emanating from the minorities!
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19760
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:36 am

PROVE ME WRONG: what does coral bleaching AS YOU PRESENT IT have to say about AGW?
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2787
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: A Proven Scientific Skeptic

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by Jim Steele » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:49 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:PROVE ME WRONG: what does coral bleaching AS YOU PRESENT IT have to say about AGW?
The essay proves you wrong, and you have been unable to refute any claims. Instead you engage in this bogus irrelevant grandstanding.
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19760
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:13 am

thats no answer. You argue like a Republican.......and I shudder to imagine your position on so many of those issues.

Go ahead....give it a try. I claim the ocean temps are warming.....just like your own freaking authors do. You confuse/conflate/are paid to say that just because corals may adapt by the warm water species becoming predominant over the colder water species we have had for the last thousands of years means that AGW is proven as not true.

You make an Idiots argument.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2787
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: A Proven Scientific Skeptic

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by Jim Steele » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:25 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:thats no answer. You argue like a Republican.......and I shudder to imagine your position on so many of those issues.

Go ahead....give it a try. I claim the ocean temps are warming.....just like your own freaking authors do. You confuse/conflate/are paid to say that just because corals may adapt by the warm water species becoming predominant over the colder water species we have had for the last thousands of years means that AGW is proven as not true.

You make an Idiots argument.
ROTFLMO

You can not argue the evidence, so you double down and fabricate stupid political insults. ROTFLMAO

Read the essay! All your answers are provided.
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19760
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:13 am

JIm Steele wrote:You can not argue the evidence, .
/// Your attempt to flip simple reality is clear and obvious. What else do you call " I claim the ocean temps are warming.....just like your own freaking authors do." except arguing the evidence. YOUR OWN EVIDENCE. Selective cherry picking BS and lies is all you've got.

JIm Steele wrote:so you double down and fabricate stupid political insults.
/// Political insults???? Ha, ha. No Jimbo.

JIm Steele wrote:Read the essay! All your answers are provided.
Just what I did and its you that have no response other than mischaracterization, obfuscation, and change of subject.

Just Look.......but you have............and have no other choice as you are locked in.

Sucks to be you.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2787
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: A Proven Scientific Skeptic

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by Jim Steele » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:18 am

ROTFLMAO No one has ever disputed that since the LIttle Ice Age oceans have warmed. So what's the point of your rants? What are you talking about???

If we are looking at tropical ocean temperatures over the past 7000 years the trend is cooling and coral thrived 6000 years ago when temperatures were 2.1C warmer than today, and thrived 1000 years ago when temps were 1C warmer. Yet paranoid alarmists think we are all gonna die because we are no longer freezing in the LIttle Ice Age

ROTFLMAO

Image
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2787
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: A Proven Scientific Skeptic

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by Jim Steele » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:27 am

My essay on the coral bleaching debate has caused a bit of a stir in Australia. It was mentioned in the Australian and I was just interviewed by the ABC's Media Watch.

TJ, i thought this was a topic you asked to discuss in an honest and objective manner?!?! But your silence is deafening. Your thoughts?
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2787
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: A Proven Scientific Skeptic

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by Jim Steele » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:21 am

“There are still coral reefs on this planet that are incredibly healthy and probably look the way they did 1,000 years ago,” said Jennifer Smith, lead author of the study and a professor at Scripps’ Center for Marine Biodiversity and Conservation.
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/new ... ef-health/

These observations suggest human disturbances like fishing and dredging, not climate change, are damaging reefs.
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2787
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: A Proven Scientific Skeptic

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by Jim Steele » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:11 pm

Coral bleaching debate pits national news outlets, The Australian versus ABC's Media Watch, debating how reliable is Jim Steele's science in my essay posted here http://landscapesandcycles.net/coral-bl ... ebate.html

Only TJ ,who requested my analyses, seems to have avoided the discussions.
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

User avatar
TJrandom
Has No Life
Posts: 12214
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Custom Title: Salt of the earth
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by TJrandom » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:09 am

JIm Steele wrote: ... Polar bears, penguins, butterflies, pika, amphibians, bees etc are not being harmed by climate change whether you think its natural or man made. Some are being hurt by habitat destruction and invasive species and disease, but not climate change and that is easily proven.

Name a species and we can discuss it sincerely. I never laugh at sincere efforts to engage in serious scientific discourse.
JIm, I believe this is the starting point. Your asertion that not one species is being harmed by climate change (whether natural or man made) and a challenge to name a species that is, with my reply that coral fits the bill.

From the Crackdown (One Word) on Denier Frauds thread.

I haven`t read the posts above in this thread, but will attempt to do so now. In fact I have mostly stayed out of the Climate Change threads since I was rather busy (and still am), but also because it seemed rather fruitless given that the consensus that climate change is real and man made, and seems mostly to be challenged by deniers with an agenda other than pursuit of knowledge. I have read various news articles on coral since that last post (Okinawa, Australia) and each pointed to climate change, so no real reason for me to think otherwise. With this as a background, I will restart.

But as I do so, please tell me – do you still believe in your above quote, or have you possibly modified your position?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19760
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:01 pm

Very much comes down to the definition of "harmed." I believe JS's own claim to fame is the study of how species are adapting to GW by moving higher on the mountains they occupy. So...harmed as they move up the mountain into smaller spaces and more subject to weather/climate variability. Not harmed.... because they are still there? ........... BUT... the progression up the hill continues, until this is no more hill. Again: cherry picking the evidence and calling part of the whole as representational of the whole.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?