The Coral Bleaching Debate

Heated discussions on a hot topic.
User avatar
robinson
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1053
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:55 am
Custom Title: Sometimes 0 is real cool hand

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by robinson » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:34 pm

Back off on the primate pictures.
"If you tell people the truth, make them laugh. Otherwise they will kill you"
-- Oscar Wilde

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19760
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:48 pm

JIm Steele wrote:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:. well, your twisting has totally PO'd TJ. Too bad.... more than many here, he reads the material/links/provides his own.
You are wrong about TJ ...TJ was worthless and dishonest. Doesnt matter if reads a post or the links, or not, He is incapable of being honest or sincere. Totally worthless and not to be trusted.
Ha, ha........very T.Rumpian of you. Attractive to the nutters and uniformed at the beginning....but under constant review with truth and credibility as the standard to meet.... everything you disagree with is "Fake News." Fun to watch.... in a clinical sort of way. I found TJ's efforts an honest attempt to engage. TJ closely read the ongoing thread and its links. That is the OPPOSITE of worthless. Its called: engaged. If you want to become a Master of the Disingenuous, you are going to have to learn how to stay engaged with people who disagree with you. Who is right, and who is wrong..... doesn't even enter into it.


JIm Steele wrote:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:. ....What I first said was that plants may grown more green....more leaves and bulk and what not BUT THE FOOD CROPS HUMANS RELY ON ARE THEREBY NEGATIVELY AFFECTED.... ?
You are wrong about .... crops. ....And here's a graph with all those negative effects on seeds, that have noting to do with coral as you divert again.

Image
Again, you demonstrate an inability to deal with the actual arguments/statements made. Evidently you can't avoid the trap of dealing with the irrelevant when the subject is multi-factorial with a balancing of the competing evidence to be evaluated. What you need is a graph with little dotted lines showing what the production of seeds WOULD HAVE BEEN absent the negative effects of plant growth going into the greenery instead of the seeds. Instead, you treat the entire issue as if total seed production was the only variable/outcome. How about acreage under cultivation?

JIm Steele wrote: And again you fail botany class......
I have to ask: when was any of the other times?

PULEASE: Post nothing but ape pictures.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2787
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: A Proven Scientific Skeptic

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by Jim Steele » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:31 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Again, you demonstrate an inability to deal with the actual arguments/statements made. Evidently you can't avoid the trap of dealing with the irrelevant when the subject is multi-factorial with a balancing of the competing evidence to be evaluated. What you need is a graph with little dotted lines showing what the production of seeds WOULD HAVE BEEN absent the negative effects of plant growth going into the greenery instead of the seeds. Instead, you treat the entire issue as if total seed production was the only variable/outcome. How about acreage under cultivation? .
Bobbo you always try to hijack a thread and divert it elsewhere. A common troll tactic. If you want people to delve into your botanical misunderstanding then start a thread that concentrates on what greening does or does not tell us. You personal attacks (see gorilla) suggesting I am avoiding the complexity of the issue is only true regards that you are hijacking the thread and I am not participating. This thread is about coral resilience. Start your thread on greening and I will teach you about all the complexities of botany and greening.
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19760
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:36 pm

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - - - -Where's the ape picture?

YOU raised the greening issue now complain I showed you don't understand its import yourself so I'm the one hijacking this thread?

Well..................call me worthless and a liar..............

Ha, ha: "the truth" is right here in this thread for all to see. I do assume 3% of the readers will agree with you ....... because: Galileo.

MORE PICTURES PLEASE.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2787
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: A Proven Scientific Skeptic

Re: The Coral Bleaching Debate

Post by Jim Steele » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:41 am

Indeed I first posted the map of global greening in response to you post about the dangers of CO2. I mistakenly thought the benefits of greening is obvious to all, and was evidence that longer growing seasons benefit man and beast, providing a more tangible analogy to the increased ocean productivity that benefits all marine life including coral. Not anticipating your bizarre denial, I never though it would be a debate.

That said I will create a thread dedicated to you bobbo about the benefits of CO2 greening and we can debate it there!
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo