Whose website is this?

Discussions
User avatar
Aaron Richards
Poster
Posts: 336
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:03 am

Whose website is this?

Post by Aaron Richards » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:56 pm

I just came across this:

http://www.takeourworldback.com/vanpelt.htm

It doesn't look like the ramblings of a usual conspiracy nut who denies 9/11, hates zionism etc. as the main page's topics and layout (e.g. linking to youtube conspiracy videos, posting childish redpill image macros etc.) would make you think:

http://www.takeourworldback.com

I have a feeling he just copy pasted the arguments from rudolf, mattogno etc, but upon closer inspection it does look self-written as he references IHR, mattogno et. al., i.e. comes off as a guy who has read them and is talking about them rather than just copy-pasting their text.

Did he perhaps copy-paste the content from C.W. Porter's site?


Either way, it is a pile of sh*t because after a bit of reading, you realize the site operates on a giant strawman: it assumes all 1.1 million Auschwitz dead were cremated in the crematory ovens. When an author purposely builds his entire "research" around this false premise, you know he is a dishonest piece of ****.
Pls subscribe to my YouTube channel "Holocaust Documents": www.youtube.com/channel/UCTBlSXrf0b0aeUn5jIhWm7g
I compile rebuttals to popular holocaust denier canards here: imgur.com/a/725A7
and here: imgur.com/a/wo09c

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
True Skeptic
Posts: 10671
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Whose website is this?

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:51 am

Hi, Aaron.
Apparently the site is anonymous but based in the UK:
http://www.internationalskeptics.com/fo ... p?t=235437
Also, Donald Trump is a clownfraud who only got involved in this for the attention.

Deadspin, 2014:
https://deadspin.com/there-are-just-two ... 1613879544

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2764
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:14 am
Location: The Free Nambia Healthcare Nirvana

Re: Whose website is this?

Post by Balmoral95 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:27 am

Aaron Richards wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:56 pm
I just came across this:

http://www.takeourworldback.com/vanpelt.htm

It doesn't look like the ramblings of a usual conspiracy nut who denies 9/11, hates zionism etc. as the main page's topics and layout (e.g. linking to youtube conspiracy videos, posting childish redpill image macros etc.) would make you think:

http://www.takeourworldback.com

I have a feeling he just copy pasted the arguments from rudolf, mattogno etc, but upon closer inspection it does look self-written as he references IHR, mattogno et. al., i.e. comes off as a guy who has read them and is talking about them rather than just copy-pasting their text.

Did he perhaps copy-paste the content from C.W. Porter's site?


Either way, it is a pile of sh*t because after a bit of reading, you realize the site operates on a giant strawman: it assumes all 1.1 million Auschwitz dead were cremated in the crematory ovens. When an author purposely builds his entire "research" around this false premise, you know he is a dishonest piece of ****.
Just breezed through a quick look: some of it appears to be copy pasta and seems familiar... can't comment on the 9/11 stuff as I've never really read any of it.

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
True Skeptic
Posts: 10671
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Whose website is this?

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:10 am

Balmoral95 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:27 am


Just breezed through a quick look: some of it appears to be copy pasta and seems familiar... can't comment on the 9/11 stuff as I've never really read any of it.
That’s what I thought, a hodgepodge of stuff pulling from any number of crap sources. Probably places like whale.

You aren’t missing anything by not bothering with the “9-11 truthers.”
Also, Donald Trump is a clownfraud who only got involved in this for the attention.

Deadspin, 2014:
https://deadspin.com/there-are-just-two ... 1613879544

User avatar
Aaron Richards
Poster
Posts: 336
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:03 am

Re: Whose website is this?

Post by Aaron Richards » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:24 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:51 am
Hi, Aaron.
Apparently the site is anonymous but based in the UK:
http://www.internationalskeptics.com/fo ... p?t=235437
So it might be the website of a freelance "journalist" called michael collins piper? seems he was in tehran in 2006...during which that ihr conferene took place
Pls subscribe to my YouTube channel "Holocaust Documents": www.youtube.com/channel/UCTBlSXrf0b0aeUn5jIhWm7g
I compile rebuttals to popular holocaust denier canards here: imgur.com/a/725A7
and here: imgur.com/a/wo09c

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2764
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:14 am
Location: The Free Nambia Healthcare Nirvana

Re: Whose website is this?

Post by Balmoral95 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:05 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:10 am
Balmoral95 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:27 am


Just breezed through a quick look: some of it appears to be copy pasta and seems familiar... can't comment on the 9/11 stuff as I've never really read any of it.
That’s what I thought, a hodgepodge of stuff pulling from any number of crap sources. Probably places like whale.

You aren’t missing anything by not bothering with the “9-11 truthers.”
The only time I brushed up against 9/11 was when Germar took it on briefly many years ago... Don't even remember what his angle was...

It was pretty easy to pass on as I was already convinced just by reading the NYT that Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld had facked us in the arse... yet again..

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
True Skeptic
Posts: 10671
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Whose website is this?

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:57 am

Aaron Richards wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:24 am
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:51 am
Hi, Aaron.
Apparently the site is anonymous but based in the UK:
http://www.internationalskeptics.com/fo ... p?t=235437
So it might be the website of a freelance "journalist" called michael collins piper? seems he was in tehran in 2006...during which that ihr conferene took place
Makes sense. A lot of that stuff could be pulled directly from IHR. I only glanced through it but a lot of it seemed familiar.
Also, Donald Trump is a clownfraud who only got involved in this for the attention.

Deadspin, 2014:
https://deadspin.com/there-are-just-two ... 1613879544

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2764
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:14 am
Location: The Free Nambia Healthcare Nirvana

Re: Whose website is this?

Post by Balmoral95 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:24 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:57 am
Aaron Richards wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:24 am
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:51 am
Hi, Aaron.
Apparently the site is anonymous but based in the UK:
http://www.internationalskeptics.com/fo ... p?t=235437
So it might be the website of a freelance "journalist" called michael collins piper? seems he was in tehran in 2006...during which that ihr conferene took place
Makes sense. A lot of that stuff could be pulled directly from IHR. I only glanced through it but a lot of it seemed familiar.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Collins_Piper

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 34488
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: My nightmare
Location: Transcona

Re: Whose website is this?

Post by Gord » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:20 pm

Balmoral95 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:24 am
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:57 am
Aaron Richards wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:24 am
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:51 am
Hi, Aaron.
Apparently the site is anonymous but based in the UK:
http://www.internationalskeptics.com/fo ... p?t=235437
So it might be the website of a freelance "journalist" called michael collins piper? seems he was in tehran in 2006...during which that ihr conferene took place
Makes sense. A lot of that stuff could be pulled directly from IHR. I only glanced through it but a lot of it seemed familiar.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Collins_Piper
He died in May 2015? How long can an anonymous website stay up before its host takes it down or resells it or whatever they do on the innernets these days, I don't know how the dang thing works....
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
True Skeptic
Posts: 10671
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Whose website is this?

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:34 pm

Gord wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:20 pm
Balmoral95 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:24 am
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:57 am
Aaron Richards wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:24 am
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:51 am
Hi, Aaron.
Apparently the site is anonymous but based in the UK:
http://www.internationalskeptics.com/fo ... p?t=235437
So it might be the website of a freelance "journalist" called michael collins piper? seems he was in tehran in 2006...during which that ihr conferene took place
Makes sense. A lot of that stuff could be pulled directly from IHR. I only glanced through it but a lot of it seemed familiar.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Collins_Piper
He died in May 2015? How long can an anonymous website stay up before its host takes it down or resells it or whatever they do on the innernets these days, I don't know how the dang thing works....
I don’t know. Maybe someone is still paying for it or the host is deciding to keep it up.
Also, Donald Trump is a clownfraud who only got involved in this for the attention.

Deadspin, 2014:
https://deadspin.com/there-are-just-two ... 1613879544