The state of Youtube

Discussions
Sergey_Romanov
Regular Poster

Re: The state of Youtube

Post by Sergey_Romanov » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:40 am

And the dumb Styx fellow has flirted with denial.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:17 pm

. . . all right we are two nations . . .

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:33 pm

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:56 pm

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: prostrate spurge

Post by Gord » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:21 pm

"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:01 pm

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:16 am

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:04 am

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:25 am

Im_Not_Creative_Enough
Poster

Post by Im_Not_Creative_Enough » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:54 pm

Well, I just found a video fo Sinead "Goyim Goddess" McCarthy in an an acoustic duet with an African American.
Life is full of surprises.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Aaron Richards
Poster

Post by Aaron Richards » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:48 pm

Is the youtuber (and ex-criminal who served 15 years in prison for murder) Varg Vikernes, who runs a channel called ThuleanPersective, a holocaust denier? I made this screenshot:

full size: https://i.imgur.com/RY5xIAD.jpg

..where he "hearts" a comment claiming there are no documents proving the extermination (holocaust), and then pulls the usual "cant talk or prison" shtick in his reply. So he doesnt directly respond to it, but the heart does strongly suggest he agrees (compared to a random like)

And when making a video about the so-called jewish plans to genocide germans, you do get the impression he is very much a closet denier.
Pls subscribe to my BitChute channel "Holocaust Documents": https://www.bitchute.com/holocaustdocuments/
I compile rebuttals to popular holocaust denier canards here: imgur.com/a/725A7
and here: imgur.com/a/wo09c

Im_Not_Creative_Enough
Poster

Post by Im_Not_Creative_Enough » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:23 pm

Aaron Richards wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:48 pm
Is the youtuber (and ex-criminal who served 15 years in prison for murder) Varg Vikernes, who runs a channel called ThuleanPersective, a holocaust denier? I made this screenshot:

full size: https://i.imgur.com/RY5xIAD.jpg

..where he "hearts" a comment claiming there are no documents proving the extermination (holocaust), and then pulls the usual "cant talk or prison" shtick in his reply. So he doesnt directly respond to it, but the heart does strongly suggest he agrees (compared to a random like)

And when making a video about the so-called jewish plans to genocide germans, you do get the impression he is very much a closet denier.
You seriously haven't heard of the guy? He is a pretty infamous figure. He was the bass player for Norwegian Black-Metal band Mayham and he is compleley {!#%@} nuts. He murdered on of his bandmates, burned a couple of churches and tried to send Mailbomb to an Israeli band called Salem. And yes, he is bacisally a Nazi.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Aaron Richards
Poster

Post by Aaron Richards » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:32 am

I knew all of that, but was of the impression he just stayed in his nordic paganism / white nationalism world and tiptoed around the thin ice that leads into the ocean of HD in the same manner as most big right wing channels on YT do like Styx Hexenhammer, Stefan Molyneux, The Golden One, Alex Jones (former, lol) etc.
Pls subscribe to my BitChute channel "Holocaust Documents": https://www.bitchute.com/holocaustdocuments/

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:55 pm

Aaron Richards
Poster

Post by Aaron Richards » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:41 pm

Just great. It will make White Nationalists paint themselves even more as martyrs persecuted for "thought crimes" and intensify chanting their whole "ethnostate for me but not for thee" double-standards rhetoric. The most effective way of combating WN and HD is engaging in their meme culture and spreading debunkings, rather than censorship.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:46 pm

Aaron Richards wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:41 pm
Just great. It will make White Nationalists paint themselves even more as martyrs persecuted for "thought crimes" and intensify chanting their whole "ethnostate for me but not for thee" double-standards rhetoric. The most effective way of combating WN and HD is engaging in their meme culture and spreading debunkings, rather than censorship.
on top of which, I do not trust FB to understand these issues nor do I credit them with good intentions (their business model is addictive engagement), I assume that they will {!#%@} this up the same way they {!#%@} up most of what they do, and I feel sure that they will devise poorly thought-out algorithms on behalf of this reactive policy and apply them to other areas as well - this is bad all around

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:40 am

Silicon Valley is completely useless. What I really want to know when I read something is how some ill-educated, myopic tech geek thinks it squares with a large corporation's rules about content? Dying to hear.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:55 am

landrew
Has No Life

Post by landrew » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:21 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:40 am
Silicon Valley is completely useless. What I really want to know when I read something is how some ill-educated, myopic tech geek thinks it squares with a large corporation's rules about content? Dying to hear.
I got to see a few seconds of it before the paywall went up, but I've seen a podcast with Jack Dorsey and Vijaya Gadde of Twitter. They earned my confidence in the fact that they are seriously committed to trying to improve Twitter with regard to finding a balance between ensuring free speech and preventing hate speech. They walk a very difficult, fine line, and no one should think it's easy. But everyone seems to have an opinion on how they should be doing it, including myself. I tend slightly towards the free speech side, within limits of course, but I think most of us should be able to handle most of what this "mean old world" dishes out.

I agree with the banning of Alex Jones from most social media platforms, not because I think he is an evil hate-monger, but because I think he lacks the critical thinking skills to filter some of the strange beliefs he seems to have acquired from the conspiracy world. To be fair and non-tribal, I think it's possible that some of the things he said could contain some truth, but he deserves to be stopped from the pain and anguish he caused to the families of the Sandy Hook victims.

To be honest, I think we have less to fear from most of the nuts who spout off nonsense on social media than the demagogue politicians who want to make a name for themselves by trying to curtail our freedoms.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:51 pm

Facebook are 'morally bankrupt liars' says New Zealand's privacy commissioner
Well, duh. It's a multi-billion dollar company, of course it's morally bankrupt. You don't make money by being moral -- just look at any church.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:01 pm

Gord wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:51 pm
Facebook are 'morally bankrupt liars' says New Zealand's privacy commissioner
Well, duh. It's a multi-billion dollar company, of course it's morally bankrupt. You don't make money by being moral -- just look at any church.
LOL fair enough!

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:12 pm

landrew wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:21 pm
I got to see a few seconds of it before the paywall went up, but I've seen a podcast with Jack Dorsey and Vijaya Gadde of Twitter. They earned my confidence in the fact that they are seriously committed to trying to improve Twitter with regard to finding a balance between ensuring free speech and preventing hate speech. . . .
This was about engineers hiring people to annotate tweets considered offensive or whatever, which is basically a stupid idea. IMO. It's been a disaster at Facebook. The engineers don't know what rules and guideliens to create - and low-paid, poorly trained "associates" working on quotas can't barely apply them anyway. If I had a social media account . . . :)

landrew
Has No Life

Post by landrew » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:30 pm

Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:12 pm
landrew wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:21 pm
I got to see a few seconds of it before the paywall went up, but I've seen a podcast with Jack Dorsey and Vijaya Gadde of Twitter. They earned my confidence in the fact that they are seriously committed to trying to improve Twitter with regard to finding a balance between ensuring free speech and preventing hate speech. . . .
This was about engineers hiring people to annotate tweets considered offensive or whatever, which is basically a stupid idea. IMO. It's been a disaster at Facebook. The engineers don't know what rules and guideliens to create - and low-paid, poorly trained "associates" working on quotas can't barely apply them anyway. If I had a social media account . . . :)
Exactly the problems they talked about. The scale of this task is preposterous. No company is able to do content moderation at scale. Criticism alone won't solve the problem. They can only do it the best they can.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:57 pm

Alexandria Walden, a public policy counsel for Google is trying to be a comedian, telling the House hearing on “online hate” today: “Hate speech and violent speech have no place on YouTube.

YouTube is one of the sewers in which online hate festers and from which it spreads ... when a HDer or eager WN wants to get all zipped up, there's comments at YouTube. Walden's just being funny - no one is that pig ignorant or so much a moral cabbage as she's pretending.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:20 am

thee wisdom of algorithms: Brian Fishman, director of Facebook’s counterterrorism policy told congressional staffers this week that the Christchurch murder video wasn't flagged right away because it wasn't “particularly gruesome” and there wasn't “not enough gore” for FB's algorithm to pick it up.

Aaron Richards
Poster

Post by Aaron Richards » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:15 pm

Yeah. Umm. I try to avoid the conspiracy video section of Youtube these days, try to go out more often and enjoy the real world, then {!#%@} like this pops up...

This seems to have been a recent campaign and we have the "woke" basement dwellers already spilling out into the real world as well.

I'll remember this as motivation next time someone says "you're just wasting your time debunking these meaningless nutcases"
Last edited by Aaron Richards on Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life
Custom Title: Lost in Translation

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:26 pm

Christ, that crap almost makes denial sane.
Question for Groening by a reporter:
“Mr. Groening, what do you say to those who still deny the Holocaust?”

Groening:
“Nothing. They are hopelessly lost.”

Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?
:lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31585&p=713843#p713843

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:38 pm

Never heard of Hooton. Interesting etymology. Yeah: I'm sure there are 4 or more white german women who have reproduced with non-Aryans. So: how much more proof is needed?

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM: Leaving other people alone.

...................................always a stretch goal.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Aaron Richards
Poster

Post by Aaron Richards » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:29 pm

Just had a recent conversation with D-H on youtube. Looking up his profile again, I am sad to see that under "uploads" I can only view 1 single video of his, but on his main front page, I can (thankfully) still access most of his videos although most of them have been slapped with the "some features disabled" filter that makes them disappear from the recommended videos list and makes them hard to find in the search bar as well.

It's disgusting how YT's filters punish channels like ours while deniers can keep doing their thing.

At the same time it is interesting how "mainstream" holocaust channels like Yad Vashem or the big news channels get a free pass in uploading holocaust videos without any of them getting caught by the filter / algorithm.

You cant even contact Youtube reps to have them greenlight your channel. I wonder how Yad Vashem etc. do it. I guess with power comes connections.

The big guys can do whatever they want. The little guys get kicked around. A shame the big guys never use their power to actually debunk the technical aspects of denial, so that we dont have to.

Im_Not_Creative_Enough
Poster

Post by Im_Not_Creative_Enough » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:32 pm

Relevant

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Thu May 02, 2019 7:04 pm

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life
Custom Title: Lost in Translation

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Thu May 02, 2019 7:33 pm

Aaaaaaaawwww, too damn bad.
Question for Groening by a reporter:
“Mr. Groening, what do you say to those who still deny the Holocaust?”

Groening:
“Nothing. They are hopelessly lost.”

Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?
:lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31585&p=713843#p713843

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Mon May 06, 2019 7:46 pm

#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?