because we need a music thread . . .

Discussions
VFX
BANNED
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:36 am

Immer Wieder

Post by VFX » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:08 am


User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has No Life
Posts: 12121
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am
Custom Title: Lost in Translation
Location: Safely stored in my own mind

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:54 pm

Heard this band on the way home:




Last edited by Jeffk 1970 on Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Question for Groening by a reporter:
“Mr. Groening, what do you say to those who still deny the Holocaust?”

Groening:
“Nothing. They are hopelessly lost.”


Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?
:lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31585&p=713843#p713843

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26756
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:08 am

My wife loves Rancid. To this day.
. . . all right we are two nations . . .

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has No Life
Posts: 12121
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am
Custom Title: Lost in Translation
Location: Safely stored in my own mind

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:32 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:My wife loves Rancid. To this day.

One of my favorite 90’s bands.
Question for Groening by a reporter:
“Mr. Groening, what do you say to those who still deny the Holocaust?”

Groening:
“Nothing. They are hopelessly lost.”


Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?
:lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31585&p=713843#p713843

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has No Life
Posts: 12121
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am
Custom Title: Lost in Translation
Location: Safely stored in my own mind

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:39 am

Lars Frederiksen, member of Rancid, has a side band called Lars Frederiksen and the Bastards:

Last edited by Jeffk 1970 on Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Question for Groening by a reporter:
“Mr. Groening, what do you say to those who still deny the Holocaust?”

Groening:
“Nothing. They are hopelessly lost.”


Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?
:lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31585&p=713843#p713843

Balmoral95
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3131
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:14 am
Location: The Free Nambia Healthcare Nirvana

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Balmoral95 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:43 am

The Aryan take on Elmore James:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo8lLNzCGV0

User avatar
Darren Wilshak
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1386
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:16 pm

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Darren Wilshak » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:45 pm

He seems to like a British punk rock outfit called, 'GBH.'
"We are still waiting for anyone to rebut the main theme of the article that the decode in question and the numbers it quoted perfectly match those in the Korherr report.

Until such a rebuttal comes to light and goes through peer review the article stands the test of time. And after 10 years since the article was published both Peter (Witte) and I have moved on to other research projects. "

AHF

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26756
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:19 am

kicking back here, and listening to my favorite band (where's Kleon?):

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSl1AHLgbTs[/bbvideo]
. . . all right we are two nations . . .

Balmoral95
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3131
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:14 am
Location: The Free Nambia Healthcare Nirvana

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Balmoral95 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:28 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:kicking back here, and listening to my favorite band (where's Kleon?):

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSl1AHLgbTs[/bbvideo]

It's cool you get to go to Sweden fairly often.... Iceland is really a dreary place by comparison... maybe it's got better since I was last there.

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26756
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:28 am

I let Iceland visit me. I guess MES was humbled in Iceland - or whatever he's saying - I've never been there. I say, bring it.
. . . all right we are two nations . . .

Balmoral95
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3131
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:14 am
Location: The Free Nambia Healthcare Nirvana

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Balmoral95 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:18 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:I let Iceland visit me. I guess MES was humbled in Iceland - or whatever he's saying - I've never been there. I say, bring it.
Stick with Sweden for visiting.... nicer locales and much broader cultural outlook.. Iceland is very insular, nay even incestuous, at least that's the impression it gives off.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Matthew Ellard » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:49 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:I let Iceland visit me.
Iceland!?! Iceland!?!

Sounds like time for some LSD sugercubes
:D
[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PznnQ9nhWFU[/bbvideo]

User avatar
Balsamo
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2079
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:29 pm

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Balsamo » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:58 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:My wife loves Rancid. To this day.
Really?
And then, some people still do not believe in destiny!
:mrgreen:

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has No Life
Posts: 12121
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am
Custom Title: Lost in Translation
Location: Safely stored in my own mind

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:14 am

Balsamo wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:My wife loves Rancid. To this day.
Really?
And then, some people still do not believe in destiny!
:mrgreen:
My wife doesn’t know who Rancid is. She wouldn’t like them if she did.
:D
Question for Groening by a reporter:
“Mr. Groening, what do you say to those who still deny the Holocaust?”

Groening:
“Nothing. They are hopelessly lost.”


Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?
:lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31585&p=713843#p713843

Balmoral95
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3131
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:14 am
Location: The Free Nambia Healthcare Nirvana

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Balmoral95 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:44 am


User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26756
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:35 am

... maybe MES was muttering "to be hunted by Iceland" ... I always thought he said "to be humbled in Iceland" but he is not known for his clear enunciation ...
. . . all right we are two nations . . .

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26756
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:40 am

I'll see your Otis Rush and raise you a William Bell:

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpYYEcolfSI[/bbvideo]
. . . all right we are two nations . . .

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26756
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:41 am

. . . all right we are two nations . . .

User avatar
Darren Wilshak
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1386
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:16 pm

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Darren Wilshak » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:26 pm

Nice.

Also some MES news from the MEN.
"We are still waiting for anyone to rebut the main theme of the article that the decode in question and the numbers it quoted perfectly match those in the Korherr report.

Until such a rebuttal comes to light and goes through peer review the article stands the test of time. And after 10 years since the article was published both Peter (Witte) and I have moved on to other research projects. "

AHF

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26756
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:24 pm

Thank you, Darren. A chippy. All his own.
. . . all right we are two nations . . .

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26756
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:58 pm

some proto-punk from LA:

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPw4e-xQNAk[/bbvideo]

my bible's in the fireplace and my dog lies hypnotized
Last edited by Statistical Mechanic on Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
. . . all right we are two nations . . .

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26756
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:44 pm

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7m0WGDhJf0[/bbvideo]

Almost 30 years prior to when this video was made, in 1980, my wife and I saw MoB open for X at the Paradise in Boston - and left the show during the break between bands, missing X, we were so blown away by MoB. My wife was pregnant with our son at the time.

"Don't tell me that, man, I don't want to hear that," MoB's singer/bassist Clint Conley replied when in the late '90s my son told him about this move of ours back in the day.
. . . all right we are two nations . . .

montgomery
BANNED
Posts: 953
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:30 pm

Re: Immer Wieder

Post by montgomery » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:47 pm

VFX wrote:
Thank you for the tune, which is beautiful in any language. What a contrast to Rancid!

And what a contrast in personal preferences of the spewers of hate.

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has No Life
Posts: 12121
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am
Custom Title: Lost in Translation
Location: Safely stored in my own mind

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:11 pm

Last edited by Jeffk 1970 on Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Question for Groening by a reporter:
“Mr. Groening, what do you say to those who still deny the Holocaust?”

Groening:
“Nothing. They are hopelessly lost.”


Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?
:lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31585&p=713843#p713843

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has No Life
Posts: 12121
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am
Custom Title: Lost in Translation
Location: Safely stored in my own mind

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:19 pm

You know, I guess it’s a valid complaint. I guess we really need more classic tastes, more culture around here.

OK, here ya go:

Last edited by Jeffk 1970 on Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Question for Groening by a reporter:
“Mr. Groening, what do you say to those who still deny the Holocaust?”

Groening:
“Nothing. They are hopelessly lost.”


Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?
:lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31585&p=713843#p713843

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26756
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:44 pm

I got to thinking about the new guests here and this came to mind:

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZkjo3mNmsA[/bbvideo]
. . . all right we are two nations . . .

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has No Life
Posts: 12121
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am
Custom Title: Lost in Translation
Location: Safely stored in my own mind

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:58 pm

This is what came to mind for me:

Last edited by Jeffk 1970 on Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Question for Groening by a reporter:
“Mr. Groening, what do you say to those who still deny the Holocaust?”

Groening:
“Nothing. They are hopelessly lost.”


Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?
:lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31585&p=713843#p713843

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26756
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:47 pm

. . . all right we are two nations . . .

User avatar
Darren Wilshak
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1386
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:16 pm

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Darren Wilshak » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:01 pm

When I thought of the new guests I thought...

"We are still waiting for anyone to rebut the main theme of the article that the decode in question and the numbers it quoted perfectly match those in the Korherr report.

Until such a rebuttal comes to light and goes through peer review the article stands the test of time. And after 10 years since the article was published both Peter (Witte) and I have moved on to other research projects. "

AHF

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26756
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:08 pm

there's always a song by The Fall, even when it comes to guests:

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2GAMIA9US4[/bbvideo]
. . . all right we are two nations . . .

montgomery
BANNED
Posts: 953
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:30 pm

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by montgomery » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:24 pm

May I suggest a little night music?
https://www.google.ca/search?q=eine+kle ... e&ie=UTF-8

Balmoral95
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3131
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:14 am
Location: The Free Nambia Healthcare Nirvana

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Balmoral95 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:17 pm


User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26756
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:13 am

This is still playing?

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4nld32mRKs[/bbvideo]
. . . all right we are two nations . . .

User avatar
Darren Wilshak
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1386
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:16 pm

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Darren Wilshak » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:32 am

Yes, its an old cracked record stuck in a groove, no one is playing it.
"We are still waiting for anyone to rebut the main theme of the article that the decode in question and the numbers it quoted perfectly match those in the Korherr report.

Until such a rebuttal comes to light and goes through peer review the article stands the test of time. And after 10 years since the article was published both Peter (Witte) and I have moved on to other research projects. "

AHF

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26756
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:36 am

It was a great song - the game, however, is an old cliche and too tedious for me.
. . . all right we are two nations . . .

User avatar
Darren Wilshak
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1386
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:16 pm

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Darren Wilshak » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:16 pm

Just one witness and steam. Yawnarama.
"We are still waiting for anyone to rebut the main theme of the article that the decode in question and the numbers it quoted perfectly match those in the Korherr report.

Until such a rebuttal comes to light and goes through peer review the article stands the test of time. And after 10 years since the article was published both Peter (Witte) and I have moved on to other research projects. "

AHF

User avatar
Jeff_36
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5067
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:45 pm
Location: At the hundredth meridian, where the great plains begin

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Jeff_36 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:11 am



Need I say more? 8-)

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has No Life
Posts: 12121
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am
Custom Title: Lost in Translation
Location: Safely stored in my own mind

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:28 am

Always preferred this one:



:cool:
Last edited by Jeffk 1970 on Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Question for Groening by a reporter:
“Mr. Groening, what do you say to those who still deny the Holocaust?”

Groening:
“Nothing. They are hopelessly lost.”


Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?
:lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31585&p=713843#p713843

User avatar
Jeff_36
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5067
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:45 pm
Location: At the hundredth meridian, where the great plains begin

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Jeff_36 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:42 am

Shoot to Thrill is (IMO) the best of their Brian Johnson-era songs.

My fav is "Whole Lotta Rosie" - this version from 1991 is killer.



IMO, Chris Slade was the best drummer ACDC ever had, the man was a machine. The worst move they ever made was taking Phil Rudd back - he's a noose around their neck.

User avatar
Darren Wilshak
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1386
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:16 pm

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Darren Wilshak » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:46 am

Ain't no fun waitin' 'round to be a millionaire?
"We are still waiting for anyone to rebut the main theme of the article that the decode in question and the numbers it quoted perfectly match those in the Korherr report.

Until such a rebuttal comes to light and goes through peer review the article stands the test of time. And after 10 years since the article was published both Peter (Witte) and I have moved on to other research projects. "

AHF