because we need a music thread . . .

Discussions
User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has No Life
Posts: 12190
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am
Custom Title: Lost in Translation
Location: Safely stored in my own mind

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:13 pm

Holy crap, what is that????
Question for Groening by a reporter:
“Mr. Groening, what do you say to those who still deny the Holocaust?”

Groening:
“Nothing. They are hopelessly lost.”


Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?
:lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31585&p=713843#p713843

User avatar
Jeff_36
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5095
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:45 pm
Location: At the hundredth meridian, where the great plains begin

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Jeff_36 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:58 pm

SEASONS GREETINGS! :D :D


User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has No Life
Posts: 12190
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am
Custom Title: Lost in Translation
Location: Safely stored in my own mind

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:22 pm

Jeff_36 wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:58 pm
SEASONS GREETINGS! :D :D

Nice. I’ll see your Halford and raise you a Twisted Sister.

:D

Question for Groening by a reporter:
“Mr. Groening, what do you say to those who still deny the Holocaust?”

Groening:
“Nothing. They are hopelessly lost.”


Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?
:lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31585&p=713843#p713843

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26879
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:05 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:13 pm
Holy crap, what is that????
Art. :shock:
. . . all right we are two nations . . .

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has No Life
Posts: 12190
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am
Custom Title: Lost in Translation
Location: Safely stored in my own mind

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:05 pm

Question for Groening by a reporter:
“Mr. Groening, what do you say to those who still deny the Holocaust?”

Groening:
“Nothing. They are hopelessly lost.”


Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?
:lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31585&p=713843#p713843

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has No Life
Posts: 12190
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am
Custom Title: Lost in Translation
Location: Safely stored in my own mind

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:42 am

Weird 80’s memories...



Question for Groening by a reporter:
“Mr. Groening, what do you say to those who still deny the Holocaust?”

Groening:
“Nothing. They are hopelessly lost.”


Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?
:lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31585&p=713843#p713843

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26879
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:19 pm

Akron's finest . . .

. . . all right we are two nations . . .

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26879
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:10 pm

two of my favorite singers:

. . . all right we are two nations . . .

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26879
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:07 am

. . . all right we are two nations . . .

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has No Life
Posts: 12190
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am
Custom Title: Lost in Translation
Location: Safely stored in my own mind

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:23 pm

For years I was never that big of a Doors fan. Oddly they started to grow on me, heard this on the way home.

Question for Groening by a reporter:
“Mr. Groening, what do you say to those who still deny the Holocaust?”

Groening:
“Nothing. They are hopelessly lost.”


Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?
:lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31585&p=713843#p713843

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26879
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:17 pm

. . . all right we are two nations . . .

User avatar
Goody67
Regular Poster
Posts: 547
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:55 pm

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Goody67 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:25 pm

"We were the first country to attempt and to succeed in rolling back the frontiers of socialism, which is the first cousin to communism. Socialists don't like people to do things for themselves. Socialists like to get people dependent on the state! You never build a great society that way." - Margaret Thatcher

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has No Life
Posts: 12190
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am
Custom Title: Lost in Translation
Location: Safely stored in my own mind

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:31 pm

Love this song:
Question for Groening by a reporter:
“Mr. Groening, what do you say to those who still deny the Holocaust?”

Groening:
“Nothing. They are hopelessly lost.”


Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?
:lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31585&p=713843#p713843

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26879
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:14 pm

Chicago's finest . . .

Steve Goodman, who wrote City of New Orleans . . .



and John Prine, with his good friend Steve Goodman . . .



I see Prine whenever I get the chance and the ticket price isn't too high. I saw him the Saturday before the 2016 debacle, er, election.
. . . all right we are two nations . . .

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26879
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:28 pm

more of Chicago's finest, this time some of the best of soul and blues:

Syl Johnson (he doesn't perform much anymore; he made a ton of money off samples of his music, e.g.,Wu-Tang Clan)



Jimmy Johnson (one of Syl's brothers, the other is Mack Thompson, a blues bass player)



Otis Clay (I was lucky enough to see one of his last performances before his sudden death)



J.B. Hutto



Magic Sam

. . . all right we are two nations . . .

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has No Life
Posts: 12190
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am
Custom Title: Lost in Translation
Location: Safely stored in my own mind

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:06 pm

Heard this taking my son to school.
Question for Groening by a reporter:
“Mr. Groening, what do you say to those who still deny the Holocaust?”

Groening:
“Nothing. They are hopelessly lost.”


Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?
:lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31585&p=713843#p713843

User avatar
Goody67
Regular Poster
Posts: 547
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:55 pm

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Goody67 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:11 pm







"We were the first country to attempt and to succeed in rolling back the frontiers of socialism, which is the first cousin to communism. Socialists don't like people to do things for themselves. Socialists like to get people dependent on the state! You never build a great society that way." - Margaret Thatcher

User avatar
Goody67
Regular Poster
Posts: 547
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:55 pm

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Goody67 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:37 am



"We were the first country to attempt and to succeed in rolling back the frontiers of socialism, which is the first cousin to communism. Socialists don't like people to do things for themselves. Socialists like to get people dependent on the state! You never build a great society that way." - Margaret Thatcher

Im_Not_Creative_Enough
Poster
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:32 pm

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Im_Not_Creative_Enough » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:05 am

Yesteday I saw one of my favourite bands, Mastodon, perform live in Tel Aviv, been waiting for it for like... 8 years.
I see Mastodon as the best rock or metal band of the current generatio, and by "genetaion" I mean "band's that released their debut album in the 2000s". I actually think that Mastodon are like the perfect gateway band into Metal for non-Metalhead people (or people who like metal but only the basic stuff like Sbbath, Maiden and Metallica). They are extreme, proggressive and somehow also catchy and easy on the ear all at the same same time.

If you want to give a listen, first I'd recommend you to start of with their 5th Album "The Hunter" and their 6th album "Once More 'Round the Sun" (my personal favourite of the band's ctalouge) - they're the most melodic, catchy and mainsteam appealing albums the abnd has produced, without sacrificing their unique sound. Specific reccomended songs on both albums are "Black Tongue", "Curl of the Burl", "Dry Bone Valley", "All the Heavy Lifting", "Spectrelight", "Octopus Has no Friends", "Creature Lives", "Tread Lightly", "Chimes at Midnight", "Asleep in the Deep", "The Motherload" and "Ember City".



Level 2 is Mastodon's two biggest "proggy" outings, that would make any King Crimson lover fell at home. These include the band's latest full-length album "Emperor of Sand" and 2009's "Crack the Skye", wildley concidered by fans as the band's magnum opus. Recommended songs from these to would be "Jaguar God", "Show Yourself", "Precious Stones", "Steambreather", "Ancient Kingdom", "Oblivion" (probably the band's biggest commercial hit), "Divinations", "Quintessence", "Crack the Skye" and their two 10+ proggressive pieces, "The Czar" and "The Last Baron".



Level 3 will be just the album "Blood Mountain" on it's own. If you've passed the levels 2 and 3, than these album would be the intermediary between the more proggy and/or ctachy stuff and the really heavy stuff. It has some extreme moments, but also has lots of melody and heart. Reccomended songs from this album would be "Sleeping Giant" (my favourite song by them), "Colony of Birchmen" (a song that features Queens of the Stone Age frontman Josh Homme), and the 3 super havey songs in "The Wolf is Lose", "Crystal Skull" and "Capillarian Crest".


The 4th and final level would be the band's first to albums, which are also their most heavy, extreme and harshly vocaled, with no mainstream appeal whatsoever. Still, both of them have jems. These ainclude tha band's debut, "Remission" and their breakout sophomore effort "Leaviathan", a concept album inspired by Herman Mellville's "Moby Dick". Recommended songs from these two would be "Crusher Destroyer" (REALLY HEAVY), "March of the Fire Ants", "Mother Puncher", "Ole' Nessie", "Blood and Thunder' (the band's signature track, serves as the closing song in all of their live shows), "Iron Tusk", "I Am Ahab", "Seabeast", "Megalodon", and "Joseph Merrick".

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

User avatar
Jeff_36
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5095
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:45 pm
Location: At the hundredth meridian, where the great plains begin

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Jeff_36 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:56 am

I've always been a huge Mastadon fan. I didn't really start getting into their music until "The Hunter" came out when i was in high school, but it prompted me to investigate their back catalog. My oh my, what a gold mine it was. I still think that "Crak The Skye" is their best.

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has No Life
Posts: 12190
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am
Custom Title: Lost in Translation
Location: Safely stored in my own mind

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:16 am

Yeah, came late to Mastadon myself. They have some weird influences...King Crimson, Genesis during their weird-ass stage with Peter Gabriel....
They run the gamut which is why I like them. Very talented musicians.
Question for Groening by a reporter:
“Mr. Groening, what do you say to those who still deny the Holocaust?”

Groening:
“Nothing. They are hopelessly lost.”


Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?
:lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31585&p=713843#p713843

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has No Life
Posts: 12190
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am
Custom Title: Lost in Translation
Location: Safely stored in my own mind

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:16 pm





Question for Groening by a reporter:
“Mr. Groening, what do you say to those who still deny the Holocaust?”

Groening:
“Nothing. They are hopelessly lost.”


Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?
:lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31585&p=713843#p713843

Balmoral95
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3141
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:14 am
Location: The Free Nambia Healthcare Nirvana

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Balmoral95 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:05 am


User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26879
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:57 am

. . . all right we are two nations . . .

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has No Life
Posts: 12190
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am
Custom Title: Lost in Translation
Location: Safely stored in my own mind

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:29 am

Question for Groening by a reporter:
“Mr. Groening, what do you say to those who still deny the Holocaust?”

Groening:
“Nothing. They are hopelessly lost.”


Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?
:lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31585&p=713843#p713843

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has No Life
Posts: 12190
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am
Custom Title: Lost in Translation
Location: Safely stored in my own mind

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:46 pm

Question for Groening by a reporter:
“Mr. Groening, what do you say to those who still deny the Holocaust?”

Groening:
“Nothing. They are hopelessly lost.”


Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?
:lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31585&p=713843#p713843

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26879
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:38 pm

last night's music (she has a new bass player):

. . . all right we are two nations . . .

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26879
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:02 pm

plans for the rest of the weekend, St Pat's Day with Ike Reilly:





. . . all right we are two nations . . .

User avatar
Darren Wilshak
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1408
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:16 pm

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Darren Wilshak » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:41 pm

B side babies...

'Don't split it. '

Face B to, 'Nobody's scared.'

Subway Sect.

[youtube][/youtube]
"We are still waiting for anyone to rebut the main theme of the article that the decode in question and the numbers it quoted perfectly match those in the Korherr report.

Until such a rebuttal comes to light and goes through peer review the article stands the test of time. And after 10 years since the article was published both Peter (Witte) and I have moved on to other research projects. "

AHF

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has No Life
Posts: 12190
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am
Custom Title: Lost in Translation
Location: Safely stored in my own mind

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:34 am

Question for Groening by a reporter:
“Mr. Groening, what do you say to those who still deny the Holocaust?”

Groening:
“Nothing. They are hopelessly lost.”


Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?
:lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31585&p=713843#p713843

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has No Life
Posts: 12190
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am
Custom Title: Lost in Translation
Location: Safely stored in my own mind

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:35 am

Question for Groening by a reporter:
“Mr. Groening, what do you say to those who still deny the Holocaust?”

Groening:
“Nothing. They are hopelessly lost.”


Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?
:lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31585&p=713843#p713843

Im_Not_Creative_Enough
Poster
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:32 pm

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Im_Not_Creative_Enough » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:05 am

Well, I'm sort of obligated to share Rasmmstein's new song and video with this group, and ask for your opinions.


The Israeli ministry of foriegn affairs already condemned the band ('cause appearnatly our politians have nothing more imporatant to do in the moment) for "insulting te memory of the holocaust", completley missing the point and provign themselves idiots. Never expect an non-Metal to get the idea.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26879
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:16 pm

unlistenable overwrought commercialized dreck posing as a deeply emotional response to German history - I guess it means to be critical of national myths somehow (I had to find an English version of the lyrics to follow along: https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/here-a ... utschland/) - the style (all shock and awe and the grey horror of the Third Reich but done like a bad horror flick) pretty much works against the "message" - so much that I'd assume that some latter-day Wagnerian nationalist far-right types would find it cool and get on board . . . not my cup of tea . . . (I admit to being unversed in "metal" language and don't really know who these people are - LOL - they seem to have an inflated view of themselves - I mean, the credits are as fulsome as those of a Hollywood blockbuster) . . . I only made it all the way through because it was a homework assignment . . .
. . . all right we are two nations . . .

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has No Life
Posts: 12190
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am
Custom Title: Lost in Translation
Location: Safely stored in my own mind

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:19 pm

Im_Not_Creative_Enough wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:05 am
Well, I'm sort of obligated to share Rasmmstein's new song and video with this group, and ask for your opinions.


The Israeli ministry of foriegn affairs already condemned the band ('cause appearnatly our politians have nothing more imporatant to do in the moment) for "insulting te memory of the holocaust", completley missing the point and provign themselves idiots. Never expect an non-Metal to get the idea.
Watched it all the way through.

Not a fan of this band though their videos are always...interesting. I’m not a fan of this style of metal music, it sounds over produced and overly pretentious to my ear.

Looks like the Israeli’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs didn’t bother to look the lyrics up before they started criticizing this band. I knew about this song though I hadn’t seen the video or heard it.

Other than that I don’t have an opinion. I guess those who misinterpret the message or the video may see it as glorifying German history. That wasn’t the band’s message (at least IMO).
Question for Groening by a reporter:
“Mr. Groening, what do you say to those who still deny the Holocaust?”

Groening:
“Nothing. They are hopelessly lost.”


Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?
:lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31585&p=713843#p713843

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has No Life
Posts: 12190
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am
Custom Title: Lost in Translation
Location: Safely stored in my own mind

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:46 am

Question for Groening by a reporter:
“Mr. Groening, what do you say to those who still deny the Holocaust?”

Groening:
“Nothing. They are hopelessly lost.”


Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?
:lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31585&p=713843#p713843

User avatar
Balsamo
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2079
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:29 pm

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Balsamo » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:45 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:19 pm
Im_Not_Creative_Enough wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:05 am
Well, I'm sort of obligated to share Rasmmstein's new song and video with this group, and ask for your opinions.


The Israeli ministry of foriegn affairs already condemned the band ('cause appearnatly our politians have nothing more imporatant to do in the moment) for "insulting te memory of the holocaust", completley missing the point and provign themselves idiots. Never expect an non-Metal to get the idea.
Watched it all the way through.

Not a fan of this band though their videos are always...interesting. I’m not a fan of this style of metal music, it sounds over produced and overly pretentious to my ear.

Looks like the Israeli’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs didn’t bother to look the lyrics up before they started criticizing this band. I knew about this song though I hadn’t seen the video or heard it.

Other than that I don’t have an opinion. I guess those who misinterpret the message or the video may see it as glorifying German history. That wasn’t the band’s message (at least IMO).
Could not get through all of it. Don't like the music, but less enervating than Nirvana.
Happy birthday, Kurt, by the way... :twisted:

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has No Life
Posts: 12190
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am
Custom Title: Lost in Translation
Location: Safely stored in my own mind

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:02 pm

In a metal kinda mood today...
Question for Groening by a reporter:
“Mr. Groening, what do you say to those who still deny the Holocaust?”

Groening:
“Nothing. They are hopelessly lost.”


Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?
:lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31585&p=713843#p713843

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26879
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:35 pm

I am never in a metal mood (apologies to Nick Terry, too LOL) . . . and definitely never in an Iron Maiden mood. But this guy, what a {!#%@} sharp-as-nails, dark, funny, sardonic song (Tom Petty on backing vocals actually):

. . . all right we are two nations . . .

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has No Life
Posts: 12190
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am
Custom Title: Lost in Translation
Location: Safely stored in my own mind

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:50 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:35 pm
I am never in a metal mood (apologies to Nick Terry, too LOL) . . . and definitely never in an Iron Maiden mood. But this guy, what a {!#%@} sharp-as-nails, dark, funny, sardonic song (Tom Petty on backing vocals actually):

Words to live by:
Enjoy every sandwich.
Warren Zevon

:D

Question for Groening by a reporter:
“Mr. Groening, what do you say to those who still deny the Holocaust?”

Groening:
“Nothing. They are hopelessly lost.”


Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?
:lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31585&p=713843#p713843

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26879
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: because we need a music thread . . .

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:05 pm

I learned this week that Zevon wrote Linda Ronstadt's hit, Poor Poor Pitiful Me - she changed lyrics - and that he was likely ragging on Jackson Browne with the song:

. . . all right we are two nations . . .