A Discussion on "Trolling" as it Pertains to this Section of the Forum

Discussions
montgomery
BANNED

Re: A Discussion on "Trolling" as it Pertains to this Section of the Forum

Post by montgomery » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:46 pm

VFX wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:Stop dodging, and stop posting irrelevant replies to what people have posted.
Why you are the biggest troll on this forum. You are the reason why there is no discussions on anything. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hi VFX! I couldn't help noticing your post and the reception you received immediately for your criticism of the book-kid. It's interesting in that it's the way I feel about that one too. He's attempting to keep a tight rein over the sillies on this board such as balmoral, D-H (denying history), eggs, and the occasional others.

I'm here as a learner right now and haven't got to the outright denial of the holocaust yet. I'm just a skeptic who wants to learn from both sides of the debate. Only two of this forum's members have made any attempt at all to help inform me of their side of the debate. That is JeffK and Nessie and JeffK has given up in frustration already.

Judging from the welcome/unwelcome you received, I hope you can stick around and add your two cents worth from time to time. Do you have any recommendations for the latest and best that is in hard copy book form on the holocaust from the 'con' side? I'm interested in balancing out my prospective reading and info from here with something from the other side of the debate.

Cheers!

Denying-History
Veteran Poster

Post by Denying-History » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:47 pm

montgomery wrote:
VFX wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:Stop dodging, and stop posting irrelevant replies to what people have posted.
Why you are the biggest troll on this forum. You are the reason why there is no discussions on anything. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hi VFX! I couldn't help noticing your post and the reception you received immediately for your criticism of the book-kid. It's interesting in that it's the way I feel about that one too. He's attempting to keep a tight rein over the sillies on this board such as balmoral, D-H (denying history), eggs, and the occasional others.

I'm here as a learner right now and haven't got to the outright denial of the holocaust yet. I'm just a skeptic who wants to learn from both sides of the debate. Only two of this forum's members have made any attempt at all to help inform me of their side of the debate. That is JeffK and Nessie and JeffK has given up in frustration already.

Judging from the welcome/unwelcome you received, I hope you can stick around and add your two cents worth from time to time. Do you have any recommendations for the latest and best that is in hard copy book form on the holocaust from the 'con' side? I'm interested in balancing out my prospective reading and info from here with something from the other side of the debate.

Cheers!
I hardly talk with SM... I hold multiple disagreements with him.

If you cannot realize you built your own “enemies” by insulting others relatively early on then idk what else to tell you.
« The Terror here is a horrifying fact. There is a fear that reaches down and haunts all sections of the community. No household, however humble, apparently but what lives in constant fear of nocturnal raid by the secret police. . .This particular purge is undoubtedly political. . . It is deliberately projected by the party leaders, who themselves regretted the necessity for it. »
Joseph E. Davies

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:57 pm

Denying-History wrote:I hardly talk with SM... I hold multiple disagreements with him.
OTOH there are many times I've asked you about gas chamber construction and technical stuff :P
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

montgomery
BANNED

Post by montgomery » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:03 pm

Denying-History wrote:
montgomery wrote:
VFX wrote:

Cheers!
I hardly talk with SM... I hold multiple disagreements with him.

If you cannot realize you built your own “enemies” by insulting others relatively early on then idk what else to tell you.
Insulted people early on. That would be something worth hearing about?

My guess is that my insults were in not buying in completely to the dogma. But let's see what you're made of? Every time I see your silly avatar I imagine it to be you. That's how an avatar is supposed to work.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Post by Gord » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:30 pm

landrew wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:It feels like
Feels like? LOL
Internet "trolling" by it's definition is a visceral activity, not a logical nor a prosaic one.
its
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:32 pm

montgomery wrote:...Every time I see your silly avatar I imagine it to be you. That's how an avatar is supposed to work.
Um...woof? :|

I don't think everyone here is going to agree with your interpretation of "how things are supposed to work". And I also don't think everyone here is going to appreciate you telling them How To Do The Internets Right.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:42 pm

Gord wrote:
montgomery wrote:...Every time I see your silly avatar I imagine it to be you. That's how an avatar is supposed to work.

I don't think everyone here is going to agree with your interpretation of "how things are supposed to work". And I also don't think everyone here is going to appreciate you telling them How To Do The Internets Right.
Meh, I'd think most see him as his avatar - a nothing.
Lard, save me from your followers.

landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts

Post by landrew » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:44 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Gord wrote:

My avatar is an insect chasing an elephant; almost nothing. But I change it when I get bored.

P.S. There wasn't room for the elephant. Use your "theater of the mind."
Last edited by landrew on Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:48 pm

:lol:

montgomery
BANNED

Post by montgomery » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:41 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Gord wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I like it. It's just that it makes me think of a 12 year old kid with an old WW2 gas mask, playing soldiers in the back yard. It's probably just me because we did that back when we were kids.

Denying-History
Veteran Poster

Post by Denying-History » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:38 am

Denying-History wrote:I hardly talk with SM... I hold multiple disagreements with him.
OTOH there are many times I've asked you about gas chamber construction and technical stuff :P
I guess. Lol I find his ignorance funny. Glad to hear he forgot about saying I should read “green eggs and ham” and his inability to decipher between “quiet” and “quite” acting like I was some kind of retard.

All of which was from my first interactions with him.
« The Terror here is a horrifying fact. There is a fear that reaches down and haunts all sections of the community. No household, however humble, apparently but what lives in constant fear of nocturnal raid by the secret police. . .This particular purge is undoubtedly political. . . It is deliberately projected by the party leaders, who themselves regretted the necessity for it. »
Joseph E. Davies

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:47 am

a more judicious use of the quotation function would be a pleasant thing, just sayin'

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:50 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:a more judicious use of the quotation function would be a pleasant thing, just sayin'
Sometimes you just have to quote something to make sure it's been saved for posterity. You never know when another poster is going to delete all their posts in a ragequit.
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:56 am

Gord wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:a more judicious use of the quotation function would be a pleasant thing, just sayin'
Sometimes you just have to quote something to make sure it's been saved for posterity. You never know when another poster is going to delete all their posts in a ragequit.
I know, I know, I am just trying to ignore it all ... but, you're right, carri on!

VFX
BANNED

Post by VFX » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:00 am

Save it all, you need to learn something.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:09 am

VFX wrote:Save it all, you need to learn something.
Such as who's plagiarizing?

VFX
BANNED

Post by VFX » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:13 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
I see nothing coming from you which suggests any content at all on anything so I suggest you crawl back into your pond. I am sure there will be some low rock for you to hide under.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:17 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
Also a been-there specialty: the idiots learn from one another.

VFX
BANNED

Post by VFX » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:22 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote: the idiots learn from one another.
Then how come until I and Montgomery arrived there is no learning or advancement of your knowledge. But hey self reflection is a bonus. :lol: :lol: :lol:

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:28 am

VFX wrote:
Then how come until I and Montgomery arrived there is no learning or advancement of your knowledge. But hey self reflection is a bonus. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Truly sorry, but I could have easily survived without learning of the various particular... um... afflictions of you guys.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:30 am

VFX wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:
I see nothing coming from you which suggests any content at all on anything so I suggest you crawl back into your pond. I am sure there will be some low rock for you to hide under.
Ouch, did I step on someone's little slipper?

VFX
BANNED

Post by VFX » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:33 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
VFX wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:
Ouch, did I step on someone's little slipper?
No, just your own skid marks. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

VFX
BANNED

Post by VFX » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:34 am

scrmbldggs wrote: Truly sorry, but I could have easily survived without learning of the various particular... um... afflictions of you guys.
Soz but first second and third impressions seems you have some sort of an intellectual disability. Not your fault. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:37 am

VFX wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote: Truly sorry, but I could have easily survived without learning of the various particular... um... afflictions of you guys.
Soz but first second and third impressions seems you have some sort of an intellectual disability. Not your fault. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Right, nothing faulty here. Except your abysmal spelling. :pardon:

VFX
BANNED

Post by VFX » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:39 am

scrmbldggs wrote: Right, nothing faulty here. Except your abysmal spelling. :pardon:
Still better than yours. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:41 am

VFX wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote: Right, nothing faulty here. Except your abysmal spelling. :pardon:
Where?

VFX
BANNED

Post by VFX » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:43 am

scrmbldggs wrote: Where?
Anywhere. :) :lol: :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:50 am

VFX wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:
VFX wrote:
Where?
Anywhere. :) :lol: :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You're losing it. Don't forget your nap time...

VFX
BANNED

Post by VFX » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:52 am

scrmbldggs wrote: You're losing it. Don't forget your nap time...
Loosing it, not ever sure if I had it in the first place... thank you for the advice ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:53 am

VFX wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote: You're losing it. Don't forget your nap time...
Loosing it, not ever sure if I had it in the first place... thank you for the advice ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

VFX
BANNED

Post by VFX » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:57 am

I just woke up... let me know if you wanna talk more.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:03 am

G'nite.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:11 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
VFX wrote:
Truly sorry, but I could have easily survived without learning of the various particular... um... afflictions of you guys.
"until I and Montgomery arrived there is no learning or advancement of your knowledge" - says the lazy bum who has barely been involved in this forum . . . and can't name a single new point raised here since the dim duo arrived . . . unless he has thinks recycled and debunked old chestnuts are new - such as repetition of old IHR and Weber nonsense, the billionth go-round on Birkenau construction documents, or old cliches about massacres in the East . . .

VFX
BANNED

Post by VFX » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:20 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote: "until I and Montgomery arrived there is no learning or advancement of your knowledge" -
I think I told you that,, thank you for agreeing. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

montgomery
BANNED

Post by montgomery » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:33 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
VFX wrote:
"until I and Montgomery arrived there is no learning or advancement of your knowledge" - says the lazy bum who has barely been involved in this forum . . . and can't name a single new point raised here since the dim duo arrived . . . unless he has thinks recycled and debunked old chestnuts are new - such as repetition of old IHR and Weber nonsense, the billionth go-round on Birkenau construction documents, or old cliches about massacres in the East . . .
You're the only one lfeft who can't stop that kind of bad behavior. it reflects badly on you alone.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:19 pm

when the hunter becomes the hunted: I would like to thank all of you who have PMed with reports of the bad behavior of some (well, two) forum members! how much longer you ask? well, give it time ... with enough tries montgomery may yet make a substantive post ...

VFX
BANNED

Post by VFX » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:24 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:when the hunter becomes the hunted: I would like to thank all of you who have PMed with reports of the bad behavior of some (well, two) forum members! how much longer you ask? well, give it time ... with enough tries montgomery may yet make a substantive post ...
It is your behaviour which is of prime concern. You are the one calling people names with an air of self conceited superiority. It is not so bad now as Monty took you to task..just stick to your books and do not be rude to people who are smarter than you.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:46 pm

oh right, VFX hasn't a shot ...

montgomery
BANNED

Post by montgomery » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:01 pm

VFX wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:when the hunter becomes the hunted: I would like to thank all of you who have PMed with reports of the bad behavior of some (well, two) forum members! how much longer you ask? well, give it time ... with enough tries montgomery may yet make a substantive post ...
It is your behaviour which is of prime concern. You are the one calling people names with an air of self conceited superiority. It is not so bad now as Monty took you to task..just stick to your books and do not be rude to people who are smarter than you.
You nailed it whan you mentioned self conceited superiority. I was taken in by that illusion in the beginning but pretty quickly came to see the real situation with him. He goes out of his way to push the illusion with his reading and his referenceing all the books that promote the holo....... But then is became evident that he is just as insecure on his positions as the others and the bad behavior showed that.

The only respect I have left for any of them is for Nessie. He's a true believer at all costs. The evidence being presented for the rest of them isn't worth a lick.

Nessie
Persistent Poster

Post by Nessie » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:10 pm

Thanks, Montgomery, I think.
Audiophile, motorbiker and sceptic.