A Discussion on "Trolling" as it Pertains to this Section of the Forum

Discussions
montgomery
BANNED
Posts: 953
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:30 pm

A Discussion on "Trolling" as it Pertains to this Section of the Forum

Post by montgomery » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:47 pm

Let's be frank about the 'trolling' label. It is a well known fact that those who like to throw around the 'troll' accusation, are embarking on their last resort in their attempt to censor those who would voice opinions that differ from theirs.

I have taken part in many forums in which it doesn't seem to matter how polite and civil and on topic a person is, there is an effort mounted to have a person silenced. Without mentioning any names, one culprit here on this site has now started with that tactic.

That (those) people's problem is clearly illustrated with their bad behavior of constant insults, to which others should not respond to in kind. This lack of response from those who have alternative views just exacerbates the spammers problem and that is the reason why they will stoop to the 'trolling' accusation. It's an accusation that 'fits all' and there's really no defense against it.

Nobody should ever have to defend against it. It's usually evident enough that the accuser is the one that is doing the 'trolling'. Whatever the term really means?

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23276
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: A Discussion on "Trolling" as it Pertains to this Section of the Forum

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:50 pm

Stop dodging, and stop posting irrelevant replies to what people have posted.
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 25692
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: somewhere

Re: Am I "Trolling"?

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:53 pm

:hmm: Yep.



This topic is just one of many examples.
.
Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9591
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: A Discussion on "Trolling" as it Pertains to this Section of the Forum

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:06 pm

Holy moly!!!! :o
“I noticed this morning that a group of our Landsberg friends have been given their freedom this morning. These include...Schubert, Jost and Nosske. Schubert confessed to...supervising the execution of about 800 Jews...(referring to the order to clean up Simferopol)...Schubert managed to kill all the Jews (by Christmas 1941). Nosske was the one the other defendants called the biggest bloodhound....
Noel, Noel, what the hell.”
Benjamin Ferencz in a letter to Telford Taylor, December 1951

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9591
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: A Discussion on "Trolling" as it Pertains to this Section of the Forum

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:19 pm

montgomery wrote:Let's be frank about the 'trolling' label. It is a well known fact that those who like to throw around the 'troll' accusation, are embarking on their last resort in their attempt to censor those who would voice opinions that differ from theirs.

I have taken part in many forums in which it doesn't seem to matter how polite and civil and on topic a person is, there is an effort mounted to have a person silenced. Without mentioning any names, one culprit here on this site has now started with that tactic.

That (those) people's problem is clearly illustrated with their bad behavior of constant insults, to which others should not respond to in kind. This lack of response from those who have alternative views just exacerbates the spammers problem and that is the reason why they will stoop to the 'trolling' accusation. It's an accusation that 'fits all' and there's really no defense against it.

Nobody should ever have to defend against it. It's usually evident enough that the accuser is the one that is doing the 'trolling'. Whatever the term really means?

Montgomery, in all seriousness, here is the problem.

It feels like you are deflecting questions and comments in an effort to not answer anyone’s questions. This is frustrating because it feels like we are getting nowhere.

If you have questions, ask them. Let us know where your level of knowledge is. What books have you read on this? What websites have you visited, who have you discussed this with? What makes you believe what you do? What do you think is false?

Also, I don’t know about the others but it turns me off, this Zio-conspiracy crap. Not all of us are the biggest Israel supporters but you jumped in assuming that we were. Don’t make assumptions.

We all spent a great deal of time on this subject, some of us more than others. Most of us debated deniers in one form of another so we are familiar with the arguments. It’s one of the problems I had with the old IHR video, I knew what Weber was on about so I dismissed much of what he was saying. It wasn’t new to me.

So, work with us a bit. Start threads or find threads about things you want to discuss.
“I noticed this morning that a group of our Landsberg friends have been given their freedom this morning. These include...Schubert, Jost and Nosske. Schubert confessed to...supervising the execution of about 800 Jews...(referring to the order to clean up Simferopol)...Schubert managed to kill all the Jews (by Christmas 1941). Nosske was the one the other defendants called the biggest bloodhound....
Noel, Noel, what the hell.”
Benjamin Ferencz in a letter to Telford Taylor, December 1951

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23276
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: A Discussion on "Trolling" as it Pertains to this Section of the Forum

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:55 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:It feels like
Feels like? LOL
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9591
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: A Discussion on "Trolling" as it Pertains to this Section of the Forum

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:04 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:It feels like
Feels like? LOL
I was trying to show decorum and politeness befitting a public forum...
:D
“I noticed this morning that a group of our Landsberg friends have been given their freedom this morning. These include...Schubert, Jost and Nosske. Schubert confessed to...supervising the execution of about 800 Jews...(referring to the order to clean up Simferopol)...Schubert managed to kill all the Jews (by Christmas 1941). Nosske was the one the other defendants called the biggest bloodhound....
Noel, Noel, what the hell.”
Benjamin Ferencz in a letter to Telford Taylor, December 1951

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23276
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: A Discussion on "Trolling" as it Pertains to this Section of the Forum

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:11 pm

I know . . . LOL . . . but you know me, too!
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

montgomery
BANNED
Posts: 953
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:30 pm

Re: A Discussion on "Trolling" as it Pertains to this Section of the Forum

Post by montgomery » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:11 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
montgomery wrote:Let's be frank about the 'trolling' label. It is a well known fact that those who like to throw around the 'troll' accusation, are embarking on their last resort in their attempt to censor those who would voice opinions that differ from theirs.

I have taken part in many forums in which it doesn't seem to matter how polite and civil and on topic a person is, there is an effort mounted to have a person silenced. Without mentioning any names, one culprit here on this site has now started with that tactic.

That (those) people's problem is clearly illustrated with their bad behavior of constant insults, to which others should not respond to in kind. This lack of response from those who have alternative views just exacerbates the spammers problem and that is the reason why they will stoop to the 'trolling' accusation. It's an accusation that 'fits all' and there's really no defense against it.

Nobody should ever have to defend against it. It's usually evident enough that the accuser is the one that is doing the 'trolling'. Whatever the term really means?

Montgomery, in all seriousness, here is the problem.

It feels like you are deflecting questions and comments in an effort to not answer anyone’s questions. This is frustrating because it feels like we are getting nowhere.

If you have questions, ask them. Let us know where your level of knowledge is. What books have you read on this? What websites have you visited, who have you discussed this with? What makes you believe what you do? What do you think is false?

Also, I don’t know about the others but it turns me off, this Zio-conspiracy crap. Not all of us are the biggest Israel supporters but you jumped in assuming that we were. Don’t make assumptions.

We all spent a great deal of time on this subject, some of us more than others. Most of us debated deniers in one form of another so we are familiar with the arguments. It’s one of the problems I had with the old IHR video, I knew what Weber was on about so I dismissed much of what he was saying. It wasn’t new to me.

So, work with us a bit. Start threads or find threads about things you want to discuss.
You've told me all that before Jeff and so my reply is just going to be the same in general at least. I hear what you're really saying is that I'm not offering any 'holocaust denial' fast enough for you and especially the schmuck in chief.

My methods are not going to change because I believe they are correct, polite, and very reasonable. As for the topic of this thread, my purpose is to clear that hurdle first and then it can become clear sailing in which we can get into something a lot more serious. There is no defense against the trumped up phony charge of trolling. If the nitwit in chief hopes to silence me then that is what I leave to him as his last resort. It usually works but not always. If he can make it work then I want it to be known to everybody how it succeeded.

Incidentally, I have had a couple of invitations from Codoh and Rodoh, apparently as a result of what I'm getting thrown in my face on this board. I'm going to stay here for now because I think I can accomplish making something just as credible of this board as the claims I'm hearing from those other two.

edit: Incidentally Jeff, you are starting to stray back to the old behavior that i had trusted you had left behind. Taking part in the spamming by thanking those involved and adding your own oneliners hasn't gone unnoticed. If you want to give up any mutual understanding we have arrived at then I think now is the time for you to make that decision. I find it not tolerable in context with the discussions we have been able to have so far.
Last edited by montgomery on Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 25692
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: somewhere

Re: A Discussion on "Trolling" as it Pertains to this Section of the Forum

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:12 pm

:laff:



I bet you've already been-there, done that. ;)
.
Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9591
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: A Discussion on "Trolling" as it Pertains to this Section of the Forum

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:53 pm

montgomery wrote:
You've told me all that before Jeff and so my reply is just going to be the same in general at least. I hear what you're really saying is that I'm not offering any 'holocaust denial' fast enough for you and especially the schmuck in chief.
Actually, no. What I want you to do is bring up what you believe is questionable and ask the questions you want answered.
Incidentally, I have had a couple of invitations from Codoh and Rodoh, apparently as a result of what I'm getting thrown in my face on this board.
You can always join all of them. I’m a member of both RODOH and CODOH.
BTW, the “behavior” to which you object to is the behavior that I got from RODOH.
As for CODOH, well, I’m in disguise there.... :D

I really need to drop by CODOH, haven’t been in some time. If you want my opinion CODOH is the worst out of all the forums. It is moderated to death.
“I noticed this morning that a group of our Landsberg friends have been given their freedom this morning. These include...Schubert, Jost and Nosske. Schubert confessed to...supervising the execution of about 800 Jews...(referring to the order to clean up Simferopol)...Schubert managed to kill all the Jews (by Christmas 1941). Nosske was the one the other defendants called the biggest bloodhound....
Noel, Noel, what the hell.”
Benjamin Ferencz in a letter to Telford Taylor, December 1951

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9591
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: A Discussion on "Trolling" as it Pertains to this Section of the Forum

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:00 pm

“I noticed this morning that a group of our Landsberg friends have been given their freedom this morning. These include...Schubert, Jost and Nosske. Schubert confessed to...supervising the execution of about 800 Jews...(referring to the order to clean up Simferopol)...Schubert managed to kill all the Jews (by Christmas 1941). Nosske was the one the other defendants called the biggest bloodhound....
Noel, Noel, what the hell.”
Benjamin Ferencz in a letter to Telford Taylor, December 1951

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2470
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:14 am
Location: The Free Nambia Healthcare Nirvana

Re: A Discussion on "Trolling" as it Pertains to this Section of the Forum

Post by Balmoral95 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:03 pm

You can always join all of them. I’m a member of both RODOH and CODOH.
Right, but there's a dearth of "Israel Lobby" promoters to troll at both so....

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9591
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: A Discussion on "Trolling" as it Pertains to this Section of the Forum

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:30 pm

Crap, my login for CODOH doesn’t work anymore. I switched phones and my stuff isn’t saved.

Guess I’ll have to rejoin.

:)
“I noticed this morning that a group of our Landsberg friends have been given their freedom this morning. These include...Schubert, Jost and Nosske. Schubert confessed to...supervising the execution of about 800 Jews...(referring to the order to clean up Simferopol)...Schubert managed to kill all the Jews (by Christmas 1941). Nosske was the one the other defendants called the biggest bloodhound....
Noel, Noel, what the hell.”
Benjamin Ferencz in a letter to Telford Taylor, December 1951

User avatar
Denying-History
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2100
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:01 pm

Re: A Discussion on "Trolling" as it Pertains to this Section of the Forum

Post by Denying-History » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:01 pm

Yawn...
« The Terror here is a horrifying fact. There is a fear that reaches down and haunts all sections of the community. No household, however humble, apparently but what lives in constant fear of nocturnal raid by the secret police. . .This particular purge is undoubtedly political. . . It is deliberately projected by the party leaders, who themselves regretted the necessity for it. »
Joseph E. Davies

montgomery
BANNED
Posts: 953
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:30 pm

Re: A Discussion on "Trolling" as it Pertains to this Section of the Forum

Post by montgomery » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:33 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Actually, no. What I want you to do is bring up what you believe is questionable and ask the questions you want answered.
See my discussion with Nessie. This will give you an idea on how I'm going to be posting on this board. There's really no reason to change that. It's respectable, it doesn't require me to deny the holocaust and it's right on topic. I suggest you accept it for what it is.
You can always join all of them.


I've already told you I'm not going to join any of the others right now. Let's just drop the idea.

User avatar
Balsamo
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1915
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:29 pm

Re: A Discussion on "Trolling" as it Pertains to this Section of the Forum

Post by Balsamo » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:54 pm

Monty:
Incidentally, I have had a couple of invitations from Codoh and Rodoh, apparently as a result of what I'm getting thrown in my face on this board. I'm going to stay here for now because I think I can accomplish making something just as credible of this board as the claims I'm hearing from those other two.
Not at all.
I am a codoh veteran, a valuable contributor as they call it, and i guess one of the few "exterminationists" who manage to survive the longest there. Officially i am still member, except not allowed to post or even to send PM to other members. Feel free to join there, but given your attitude, i doubt you'd last long. Codoh moderators do not care of what side you are - of course the wrong side is more exposed - but the list of fellow deniers who have been banned from codoh is quite long.

The good thing about a "codoh experience" is that it teaches you patience and tolerance, ironic isn't it?

I also joined Rodoh at a time there were still debates over there.
Then i joined here about 4 years ago.
Let's be frank about the 'trolling' label.
Agree. Always nice to speak frankly.
How would you call a poster who posted 234 posts in less than 20 days without basically having contributed to any thread he participated?
I am open to your answer.
Given that you were allowed to post such an amount of posts clearly shows that no attempt were made to "silence" you.
The worst that could happen to you on this forum is not to be silenced, unless our never to be seen mod comes around, but it would be to be ignored.
My methods are not going to change because I believe they are correct, polite, and very reasonable.
This is your opinion, i guess. But i must say you are wrong. It is not polite or correct to join an existent community and tell them how they should behave. A forum is by definition a community of individuality with different backgrounds and origins. You came in accusing all of us of being some promoters of Zionist expansion for whatever that means.
Speaking of a social method, you must be quite lonely.
Incidentally Jeff, you are starting to stray back to the old behavior that i had trusted you had left behind. Taking part in the spamming by thanking those involved and adding your own oneliners hasn't gone unnoticed. If you want to give up any mutual understanding we have arrived at then I think now is the time for you to make that decision. I find it not tolerable in context with the discussions we have been able to have so far.
You really listen to you when you write such things? And how you express yourself? The tone?
Jeffk is surely the most tolerant member of all fora i have been i ever met. If you got to a point where you do not find him tolerable, the only solution for you would be to create your own forum where you could speak to yourself all day long.

All he is asking, and i join him, is what the {!#%@} do you want to discuss?
Given that most of us are quite veterans, there is no use to come with stuff from the 90's like the Weber/Schermer debate. But if you have specifics, although i think everything is already available here using the "search button", feel free to ask.
To gain time, no we do not - at least i don't - worship the 6.000.000 figure, we all have various estimates. No we do not think that anyone was killed through electrocution in any killing camps, because most of us a following closely the new historical works that are published every months. Statmec being one of those who reads the most and shares his conclusions, and we are not shy to criticize the works that are sub-standard. We do disagree often, at least i do, we had tough debates, sometimes really tough, but we do share the same objective, learning more about this specific event.
See my discussion with Nessie. This will give you an idea on how I'm going to be posting on this board. There's really no reason to change that. It's respectable, it doesn't require me to deny the holocaust and it's right on topic. I suggest you accept it for what it is.
Lol
You mean asking to evaluate every piece of evidence one by one in order to finally draw a conclusion on each specific aspect? You might overestimate the patience of those you'll be debating with.
Actually, there is nothing wrong with the approach, except it has nothing to do with History, but this is the reason why you have been asked your level of knowledge in the first place, and of course, what are the kind of issues you are looking for answers to. The basic, right?

Now that might surprise you, but after having read some of your 234 posts, i still don't know what kind of answers your looking at. The only thing that seems obvious is your discontent with the Israeli policies...that is fine, but even if sometimes we talk about it, it is really peripheral...
Oh and, as far as i am concerned, i do not support anything that is taking place in Syria, and on a purely geopolitical consideration, i do support a rapprochement between Europe and Russia...which is one of those things that is not obviously shared by all the members, among many many other topics.

montgomery
BANNED
Posts: 953
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:30 pm

Re: A Discussion on "Trolling" as it Pertains to this Section of the Forum

Post by montgomery » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:34 pm

I've read you rather lengthy post and it leads me to asking a couple of questions of you.

What do you think of the spamming and the personal attacks that seem to take up 9/10's of the space on this forum?

and

Of my 234 posts on this forum, how many did you see that were responses to that kind of crap?

Your answers to those questions will tell me whether I should take you more seriously than I take the stat.mech kid. Sorta like pal, if you want to pretend to take the high road with me, you're going to have to prove you can go the distance!

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 25692
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: somewhere

Re: A Discussion on "Trolling" as it Pertains to this Section of the Forum

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:51 pm

montgomery wrote:...What do you think of the spamming and the personal attacks that seem to take up 9/10's of the space on this forum...
...since you joined? Well, aren't you ashamed of yourself messing up the place like that?
.
Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9591
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: A Discussion on "Trolling" as it Pertains to this Section of the Forum

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:57 am

Balsamo wrote: I am a codoh veteran, a valuable contributor as they call it, and i guess one of the few "exterminationists" who manage to survive the longest there. Officially i am still member, except not allowed to post or even to send PM to other members.
That’s silly, may as well ban you outright.
Jeffk is surely the most tolerant member of all fora i have been i ever met.
Aw, yer makin’ me blush.... :D

I’m so tolerant I drive people crazy.

:lol:
Given that most of us are quite veterans, there is no use to come with stuff from the 90's like the Weber/Schermer debate.
Maybe if he hears it from you he will believe it.
To gain time, no we do not - at least i don't - worship the 6.000.000 figure, we all have various estimates.
Mine is 5.5 million.
“I noticed this morning that a group of our Landsberg friends have been given their freedom this morning. These include...Schubert, Jost and Nosske. Schubert confessed to...supervising the execution of about 800 Jews...(referring to the order to clean up Simferopol)...Schubert managed to kill all the Jews (by Christmas 1941). Nosske was the one the other defendants called the biggest bloodhound....
Noel, Noel, what the hell.”
Benjamin Ferencz in a letter to Telford Taylor, December 1951

User avatar
Balsamo
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1915
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:29 pm

Re: A Discussion on "Trolling" as it Pertains to this Section of the Forum

Post by Balsamo » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:23 am

Monty:
What do you think of the spamming and the personal attacks that seem to take up 9/10's of the space on this forum?
I usually resist from launching personal attack, until a certain point. But given that you really, and probably sincerely,don't seem to realize that your attitude is by itself quite insulting to the ones you are addressing, i don't think my patience will last as long as usual. I would not attack you, just ignore you.
Of my 234 posts on this forum, how many did you see that were responses to that kind of crap?
Some times, it is better to let go. But if you reply to attack with additional attacks, there is no end. As far as i know, you insulted all of us by calling us supporters of Zionists expansion which was probably not the smartest idea in the first place. You keep chasing Statmec across the threads which you have no interest in, again not really smart attitude. You keep judging even those who give you a chance to express yourself.
Your answers to those questions will tell me whether I should take you more seriously than I take the stat.mech kid.
Honestly, i do not believe in your {!#%@}. You seem to trying to have some fun here. That would be the best case scenario for you, really. It must be some kind of mockery, i hope so anyway.
And i admit i have no longer the time to play these kind of games, and i suspect the others will soon be bored too.
You somehow remind me of a certain Steven Willow who operated on Codoh...but anyway, i am out.
if you want to pretend to take the high road with me, you're going to have to prove you can go the distance!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think it is the only human reaction...sorry.
Bye.

To Jeffk, well mine is 4.9 just to be conservative. ;)

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 25692
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: somewhere

Re: A Discussion on "Trolling" as it Pertains to this Section of the Forum

Post by scrmbldggs » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:28 am

Hands up - who here will join monty in pretending to take the high road? :-P
.
Lard, save me from your followers.

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2470
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:14 am
Location: The Free Nambia Healthcare Nirvana

Re: A Discussion on "Trolling" as it Pertains to this Section of the Forum

Post by Balmoral95 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:30 am

Code: Select all

well mine is 4.9 just to be conservative.  ;)
I'll see your 4.9 and raise you 250k.... :mrgreen:

User avatar
Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4874
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:45 pm
Location: At the hundredth meridian, where the great plains begin

Re: A Discussion on "Trolling" as it Pertains to this Section of the Forum

Post by Jeff_36 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:14 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Mine is 5.5 million.
I used to think it was 4.8 but I'm up to 5.1 these days.

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 33824
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: A Discussion on "Trolling" as it Pertains to this Section of the Forum

Post by Gord » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:44 am

montgomery wrote:Let's be frank
You be frank, someone else can be earnest, but I'll stick with being gored.

Silly bastard.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

montgomery
BANNED
Posts: 953
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:30 pm

Re: A Discussion on "Trolling" as it Pertains to this Section of the Forum

Post by montgomery » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:08 am

Bye Balsamo. You promised!

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2470
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:14 am
Location: The Free Nambia Healthcare Nirvana

Re: A Discussion on "Trolling" as it Pertains to this Section of the Forum

Post by Balmoral95 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:17 am

scrmbldggs wrote:Hands up - who here will join monty in pretending to take the high road? :-P

He's kinda ignorant like Dolfy in thinking that he can just waltz into a place and reconstitute it based on his own twisted version of how he thinks it should be. I'm thinking he should go back to the playstation...

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23276
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: A Discussion on "Trolling" as it Pertains to this Section of the Forum

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:05 am

This:
Balsamo wrote:Agree. Always nice to speak frankly.
How would you call a poster who posted 234 posts in less than 20 days without basically having contributed to any thread he participated?
I am open to your answer.
Given that you were allowed to post such an amount of posts clearly shows that no attempt were made to "silence" you.
:good:

(I can't take this guy seriously, but nice to read where you and Jeff_36 do and lay it all out . . . !)
Balsamo wrote:All he is asking, and i join him, is what the {!#%@} do you want to discuss?
Here I disagree: I think we know, because he's told us in all those posts what he's about.
Balsamo wrote: We do disagree often, at least i do, we had tough debates, sometimes really tough, but we do share the same objective, learning more about this specific event.
Which, also, is why we are neither seeking nor excluding deniers. We can reach that objective with or without deniers.

And, yes, we do get into some scraps on this board, don't we?
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23276
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: A Discussion on "Trolling" as it Pertains to this Section of the Forum

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:10 am

Balsamo wrote:Honestly, i do not believe in your {!#%@}.
Me neither, thus my early response to this guy.
Balsamo wrote:And i admit i have no longer the time to play these kind of games, and i suspect the others will soon be bored too.
You somehow remind me of a certain Steven Willow who operated on Codoh...but anyway, i am out.
"Guys, I served with Steven Willow. I knew Steven Willow. Steven Willow was a friend of mine. Montgomery, he's no Steven Willow."
Balsamo wrote:To Jeffk, well mine is 4.9 just to be conservative. ;)
Holy cow! You and I, who rarely agree on anything except Bernie Sanders, are just 200k off (I still go with Hilberg, not that my estimate matters . . . )
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23276
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: A Discussion on "Trolling" as it Pertains to this Section of the Forum

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:11 am

scrmbldggs wrote:Hands up - who here will join monty in pretending to take the high road? :-P
You know my answer LOL
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2470
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:14 am
Location: The Free Nambia Healthcare Nirvana

Re: A Discussion on "Trolling" as it Pertains to this Section of the Forum

Post by Balmoral95 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:46 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:Hands up - who here will join monty in pretending to take the high road? :-P
You know my answer LOL
You mean you don't want to mellow on down to a bit of Mozart? :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23276
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: A Discussion on "Trolling" as it Pertains to this Section of the Forum

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:25 am

not today, thanks, this will do for now:

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZbJOE9zNjw[/bbvideo]
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

montgomery
BANNED
Posts: 953
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:30 pm

Re: A Discussion on "Trolling" as it Pertains to this Section of the Forum

Post by montgomery » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:31 am

Thank you for your gesture of kindness young man! You've restored my faith in you sort of people.

User avatar
Nessie
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3047
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:41 pm

Re: A Discussion on "Trolling" as it Pertains to this Section of the Forum

Post by Nessie » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:12 am

The reason why Montgomery is getting a hard time is because of the way he is behaving, of which the following have been pointed out;

"Stop dodging, and stop posting irrelevant replies to what people have posted."

"you are deflecting questions and comments in an effort to not answer anyone’s questions. This is frustrating because it feels like we are getting nowhere"

"How would you call a poster who posted 234 posts in less than 20 days without basically having contributed to any thread he participated?"

"Reading, evidence, coherence, focus, research, thought, knowledge . . . yeah."

I have given him a chance to debate some evidence, scaling that evidence down to just one document at one point, but it was clearly going nowhere. His prevarication and condescension make further debate pretty much pointless.
Audiophile, motorbiker and sceptic.

VFX
BANNED
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:36 am

Re: A Discussion on "Trolling" as it Pertains to this Section of the Forum

Post by VFX » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:25 am

Nessie wrote:The reason why Montgomery is getting a hard time is because of the way he is behaving, of which the following have been pointed out;

"Stop dodging, and stop posting irrelevant replies to what people have posted."

"you are deflecting questions and comments in an effort to not answer anyone’s questions. This is frustrating because it feels like we are getting nowhere"

"How would you call a poster who posted 234 posts in less than 20 days without basically having contributed to any thread he participated?"

"Reading, evidence, coherence, focus, research, thought, knowledge . . . yeah."

I have given him a chance to debate some evidence, scaling that evidence down to just one document at one point, but it was clearly going nowhere. His prevarication and condescension make further debate pretty much pointless.
Nessie you might get a hard time at RODOH but you have the guts to face everyone. You keep people honest and make them think and rethink. It seems hard to understand but Montgomery, although an opponent respect you more than any of the others here who are not the slightest interest in revisonism: they just follow the official narrative for their own purposes. If the world was always this way beer would not have been invented. Stay here and keep these silly pricks honest.

VFX
BANNED
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:36 am

Re: A Discussion on "Trolling" as it Pertains to this Section of the Forum

Post by VFX » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:33 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Stop dodging, and stop posting irrelevant replies to what people have posted.
Why you are the biggest troll on this forum. You are the reason why there is no discussions on anything. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9591
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: A Discussion on "Trolling" as it Pertains to this Section of the Forum

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:12 pm

VFX wrote:
Nessie wrote:The reason why Montgomery is getting a hard time is because of the way he is behaving, of which the following have been pointed out;

"Stop dodging, and stop posting irrelevant replies to what people have posted."

"you are deflecting questions and comments in an effort to not answer anyone’s questions. This is frustrating because it feels like we are getting nowhere"

"How would you call a poster who posted 234 posts in less than 20 days without basically having contributed to any thread he participated?"

"Reading, evidence, coherence, focus, research, thought, knowledge . . . yeah."

I have given him a chance to debate some evidence, scaling that evidence down to just one document at one point, but it was clearly going nowhere. His prevarication and condescension make further debate pretty much pointless.
Nessie you might get a hard time at RODOH but you have the guts to face everyone.
You mean unlike RODOH posters who lack both spines and guts?
You keep people honest and make them think and rethink. It seems hard to understand but Montgomery, although an opponent respect you more than any of the others here who are not the slightest interest in revisonism: they just follow the official narrative for their own purposes. If the world was always this way beer would not have been invented. Stay here and keep these silly pricks honest.
I don’t follow any “official narrative” for any purpose. I’m not bound by any silly ideology that should have been dead and buried 70 + years ago.
“I noticed this morning that a group of our Landsberg friends have been given their freedom this morning. These include...Schubert, Jost and Nosske. Schubert confessed to...supervising the execution of about 800 Jews...(referring to the order to clean up Simferopol)...Schubert managed to kill all the Jews (by Christmas 1941). Nosske was the one the other defendants called the biggest bloodhound....
Noel, Noel, what the hell.”
Benjamin Ferencz in a letter to Telford Taylor, December 1951

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9591
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: A Discussion on "Trolling" as it Pertains to this Section of the Forum

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:13 pm

VFX wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:Stop dodging, and stop posting irrelevant replies to what people have posted.
Why you are the biggest troll on this forum. You are the reason why there is no discussions on anything. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will say it’s nice to see a RODOH member out of its natural habitat.
“I noticed this morning that a group of our Landsberg friends have been given their freedom this morning. These include...Schubert, Jost and Nosske. Schubert confessed to...supervising the execution of about 800 Jews...(referring to the order to clean up Simferopol)...Schubert managed to kill all the Jews (by Christmas 1941). Nosske was the one the other defendants called the biggest bloodhound....
Noel, Noel, what the hell.”
Benjamin Ferencz in a letter to Telford Taylor, December 1951

User avatar
Darren Wilshak
Regular Poster
Posts: 948
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:16 pm

Re: A Discussion on "Trolling" as it Pertains to this Section of the Forum

Post by Darren Wilshak » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:22 pm

Right, looks like this one has aspirations to be Skeptic's Been There then.

User avatar
landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8908
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am

Re: A Discussion on "Trolling" as it Pertains to this Section of the Forum

Post by landrew » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:31 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:It feels like
Feels like? LOL
Internet "trolling" by it's definition is a visceral activity, not a logical nor a prosaic one.
troll
trōl
noun: troll; plural noun: trolls
1. a person who makes a deliberately offensive or provocative online post.

informal
a deliberately offensive or provocative online posting.
Internet trolling is the online equivalent of "looking for a fight." It's borne from the desire to contrive a situation whereby people react strongly, and interact more emotionally than intellectually.
Moderators do a reasonable job of weeding out the trolls, but it's sometimes a gray area where it concerns unpopular viewpoints. Since the distinction is subjective, it often leads to divisiveness and rancor, with plenty of "troll" flags flying.

Of course a fully rational forum is too much to hope for in this world, but for my part, I'm willing to grant a greater measure of patience in my debates with those whom I can't agree. I'd rather recognize the impasse and withdraw, rather than open the name-calling jar.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.