Holocaust Deniers vs. US army veterans?

Discussions
Im_Not_Creative_Enough
Poster
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:32 pm

Holocaust Deniers vs. US army veterans?

Post by Im_Not_Creative_Enough » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:24 pm

I've recently rewatched HBO's exellent "Band of Brothers", and as always, this scene from episode 9 is one of it's biggest highlights:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sHcJtU9dr6I

But here's a surprising thing: take a look at the comment rection of this video. The overwhelming majority of top rated comments are not by HDers. The likes far outvote the dislikes. In a holocaust related video on youtube these days - this is unheard off.

What's more intereating is that when I watched some other videos of testimonies by US soldiers describing the liberation of concentration camps, I was even more aurpriaed to see that the situation is the same - little to no HD, anti-Jewish or pro-Hitler comments on any video that combines the Holocaust with US veterans. It's as if HDers don't dare stepping foot in there, as if talking {!#%@} about US veterans is sort of a taboo or red line for them. I mean, You'd expect at least one guy saying "Richard Winters is a good goy, probably has a lot shekels at home", but I couldn't find such comments.

Is this just a coincidence, or is it really the last realm that HDers haven't crossed into yet? Have you ever seen an HDers like Hargis and co. attempting to "debunk" specific testimonies of US veterans in regards to the Holocaust?
Last edited by Im_Not_Creative_Enough on Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23276
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: Holocaust Deniers vs. US army veterans?

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:53 pm

That is interesting. I could be misremembering but I think BROI made a mini career out of that. Certainly at the old Rodoh GI testimonies were “fair game” for deniers.
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

montgomery
BANNED
Posts: 953
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:30 pm

Re: Holocaust Deniers vs. US army veterans?

Post by montgomery » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:33 pm

deleted dual post.
Last edited by montgomery on Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

montgomery
BANNED
Posts: 953
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:30 pm

Re: Holocaust Deniers vs. US army veterans?

Post by montgomery » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:35 pm

Im_Not_Creative_Enough wrote:I've recently rewatched HBO's exellent "Band of Brothers", and as always, this scene from episode 9 is one of it's biggest highlights:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sHcJtU9dr6I

But here's a surprising thing: take a look at the comment aection of this video. The overwhelming majority of top rated comment are not but HDers. The likes far outvote the dislikes. In a holocaust relates video on youtube this days - this is unheard off.
Typos aren't allowed on this forum.

Im_Not_Creative_Enough
Poster
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:32 pm

Re: Holocaust Deniers vs. US army veterans?

Post by Im_Not_Creative_Enough » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:38 pm

montgomery wrote:
Im_Not_Creative_Enough wrote:I've recently rewatched HBO's exellent "Band of Brothers", and as always, this scene from episode 9 is one of it's biggest highlights:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sHcJtU9dr6I

But here's a surprising thing: take a look at the comment aection of this video. The overwhelming majority of top rated comment are not but HDers. The likes far outvote the dislikes. In a holocaust relates video on youtube this days - this is unheard off.
Typos aren't allowed on this forum.
I apologize for that fact that English is not my native tongue, m'lord regent.
Now I shall go back to continue this day's work at the ricefields.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

montgomery
BANNED
Posts: 953
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:30 pm

Re: Holocaust Deniers vs. US army veterans?

Post by montgomery » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:08 pm

aection is a typo pal. Be honest and your inability to master the English language will be excused by all.

Im_Not_Creative_Enough
Poster
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:32 pm

Re: Holocaust Deniers vs. US army veterans?

Post by Im_Not_Creative_Enough » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:22 pm

montgomery wrote:aection is a typo pal. Be honest and your inability to master the English language will be excused by all.
How dumb you think I am? You honestly think that I think that "section" does not start with an S?
Look at you keyboard, pal. You might notice that the A and S buttons stand next to each other. Is that unrealistic for someone to type the former instead of the later by accident? ESPECIALLY when he types on his SMARTPHONE with his fatass fingers?

My point about my native tongue is that unlike a native English speaker, a mistake would not immidiatly catch my eye while scrolling through a text. Belive me, if you typed נחר instead of מחר, I would have noticed, Mr. Rhodes.

So, do have anything to say that is actually ON topic, or will you just continue to mock my savage English like 19th colonizer?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

montgomery
BANNED
Posts: 953
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:30 pm

Re: Holocaust Deniers vs. US army veterans?

Post by montgomery » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:33 pm

It was a typo for the reason you have stated. What more needs to be said about it Dohhhhhhhh!

The reason I brought it up was because stat.mech. tries to make a big thing out of my occasional typos. You just happened to be handy for making my point. Don't sweat it. It may result in stat.mech. improving his manners a bit!

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9591
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Holocaust Deniers vs. US army veterans?

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:33 pm

montgomery wrote:aection is a typo pal. Be honest and your inability to master the English language will be excused by all.
He just explained that English is not his first language.
“I noticed this morning that a group of our Landsberg friends have been given their freedom this morning. These include...Schubert, Jost and Nosske. Schubert confessed to...supervising the execution of about 800 Jews...(referring to the order to clean up Simferopol)...Schubert managed to kill all the Jews (by Christmas 1941). Nosske was the one the other defendants called the biggest bloodhound....
Noel, Noel, what the hell.”
Benjamin Ferencz in a letter to Telford Taylor, December 1951

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9591
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Holocaust Deniers vs. US army veterans?

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:35 pm

montgomery wrote:It was a typo for the reason you have stated. What more needs to be said about it Dohhhhhhhh!

The reason I brought it up was because stat.mech. tries to make a big thing out of my occasional typos. You just happened to be handy for making my point. Don't sweat it. It may result in stat.mech. improving his manners a bit!
TBH I think you need to let it go.
“I noticed this morning that a group of our Landsberg friends have been given their freedom this morning. These include...Schubert, Jost and Nosske. Schubert confessed to...supervising the execution of about 800 Jews...(referring to the order to clean up Simferopol)...Schubert managed to kill all the Jews (by Christmas 1941). Nosske was the one the other defendants called the biggest bloodhound....
Noel, Noel, what the hell.”
Benjamin Ferencz in a letter to Telford Taylor, December 1951

Im_Not_Creative_Enough
Poster
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:32 pm

Re: Holocaust Deniers vs. US army veterans?

Post by Im_Not_Creative_Enough » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:38 pm

I was gone for a while, this Monty fella is new here, right? I'm getting some "Monstrous" vibes from him...
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

montgomery
BANNED
Posts: 953
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:30 pm

Re: Holocaust Deniers vs. US army veterans?

Post by montgomery » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:41 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
montgomery wrote:It was a typo for the reason you have stated. What more needs to be said about it Dohhhhhhhh!

The reason I brought it up was because stat.mech. tries to make a big thing out of my occasional typos. You just happened to be handy for making my point. Don't sweat it. It may result in stat.mech. improving his manners a bit!
TBH I think you need to let it go.
You didn't say that when stat.mech. started the whole childish practice of stomping on my typo. But I'm o.k. with letting it go now because I've made my point. I think maybe that one doesn't understand the meaning of the word 'typo' but that's excusable for somebody whose first language isn't English.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 25692
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: somewhere

Re: Holocaust Deniers vs. US army veterans?

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:42 pm

Im_Not_Creative_Enough wrote:I was gone for a while, this Monty fella is new here, right? I'm getting some "Monstrous" vibes from him...
For a second there, I thought you'd said "Marty". :lol:
.
Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9591
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Holocaust Deniers vs. US army veterans?

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:46 pm

montgomery wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
montgomery wrote:It was a typo for the reason you have stated. What more needs to be said about it Dohhhhhhhh!

The reason I brought it up was because stat.mech. tries to make a big thing out of my occasional typos. You just happened to be handy for making my point. Don't sweat it. It may result in stat.mech. improving his manners a bit!
TBH I think you need to let it go.
You didn't say that when stat.mech. started the whole childish practice of stomping on my typo. But I'm o.k. with letting it go now because I've made my point. I think maybe that one doesn't understand the meaning of the word 'typo' but that's excusable for somebody whose first language isn't English.
Thanks for letting it go. I assume we can proceed?
“I noticed this morning that a group of our Landsberg friends have been given their freedom this morning. These include...Schubert, Jost and Nosske. Schubert confessed to...supervising the execution of about 800 Jews...(referring to the order to clean up Simferopol)...Schubert managed to kill all the Jews (by Christmas 1941). Nosske was the one the other defendants called the biggest bloodhound....
Noel, Noel, what the hell.”
Benjamin Ferencz in a letter to Telford Taylor, December 1951

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9591
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Holocaust Deniers vs. US army veterans?

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:49 pm

Im_Not_Creative_Enough wrote:I was gone for a while, this Monty fella is new here, right? I'm getting some "Monstrous" vibes from him...
Indeed he is new. As for comparisons to Monstrous it’s too early to tell.
“I noticed this morning that a group of our Landsberg friends have been given their freedom this morning. These include...Schubert, Jost and Nosske. Schubert confessed to...supervising the execution of about 800 Jews...(referring to the order to clean up Simferopol)...Schubert managed to kill all the Jews (by Christmas 1941). Nosske was the one the other defendants called the biggest bloodhound....
Noel, Noel, what the hell.”
Benjamin Ferencz in a letter to Telford Taylor, December 1951

User avatar
Pyrrho
Administrator
Posts: 9700
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:31 am

Re: Holocaust Deniers vs. US army veterans?

Post by Pyrrho » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:07 am

Unlocked
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 33824
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Holocaust Deniers vs. US army veterans?

Post by Gord » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:09 am

Im_Not_Creative_Enough wrote:...You'd expect at least one guy saying "Richard Winters is a good goy, probably has a lot shekels at home", but I couldn't find such comments....
They get downvoted until their posts are no longer visible.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

montgomery
BANNED
Posts: 953
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:30 pm

Re: Holocaust Deniers vs. US army veterans?

Post by montgomery » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:50 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Im_Not_Creative_Enough wrote:I was gone for a while, this Monty fella is new here, right? I'm getting some "Monstrous" vibes from him...
Indeed he is new. As for comparisons to Monstrous it’s too early to tell.
If you're going to stop the spamming then stop it completely.

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9591
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Holocaust Deniers vs. US army veterans?

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:09 pm

montgomery wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Im_Not_Creative_Enough wrote:I was gone for a while, this Monty fella is new here, right? I'm getting some "Monstrous" vibes from him...
Indeed he is new. As for comparisons to Monstrous it’s too early to tell.
If you're going to stop the spamming then stop it completely.
Sometimes I have moments of whimsy.
“I noticed this morning that a group of our Landsberg friends have been given their freedom this morning. These include...Schubert, Jost and Nosske. Schubert confessed to...supervising the execution of about 800 Jews...(referring to the order to clean up Simferopol)...Schubert managed to kill all the Jews (by Christmas 1941). Nosske was the one the other defendants called the biggest bloodhound....
Noel, Noel, what the hell.”
Benjamin Ferencz in a letter to Telford Taylor, December 1951

montgomery
BANNED
Posts: 953
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:30 pm

Re: Holocaust Deniers vs. US army veterans?

Post by montgomery » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:56 pm

Pyrrho wrote:Unlocked
I take it that this thread was locked and then unlocked? Does this have something to do with a post of mine being placed at the top of a thread and then being represented as the OP? I would prefer that post just be deleted instead of being placed somewhere else.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 25692
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: somewhere

Re: Holocaust Deniers vs. US army veterans?

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:36 pm

montgomery wrote:
Pyrrho wrote:Unlocked
I take it that this thread was locked and then unlocked? Does this have something to do with a post of mine being placed at the top of a thread and then being represented as the OP? I would prefer that post just be deleted instead of being placed somewhere else.
That post ended up there naturally after the split, as it can and does happen to any user. You can edit it yourself, using the little pencil button. But plz keep in mind, it's considered bad etiquette to remove/change posts within a discussion without explaining why, especially after they have been replied to. If you're so inclined, you could add the obvious.




Edit: Changed "declined" to "inclined". :pardon:
Last edited by scrmbldggs on Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.
Lard, save me from your followers.

montgomery
BANNED
Posts: 953
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:30 pm

Re: Holocaust Deniers vs. US army veterans?

Post by montgomery » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:00 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
montgomery wrote:
Pyrrho wrote:Unlocked
I take it that this thread was locked and then unlocked? Does this have something to do with a post of mine being placed at the top of a thread and then being represented as the OP? I would prefer that post just be deleted instead of being placed somewhere else.
That post ended up there naturally after the split, as it can and does happen to any user. You can edit it yourself, using the little pencil button. But plz keep in mind, it's considered bad etiquette to remove/change posts within a discussion without explaining why, especially after they have been replied to. If you're so declined, you could add the obvious.
Not a big deal but thanks for the explanation for what Phyrro did. I won't delete it or edit it but I might make a note there that it's not the OP for that thread.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 25692
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: somewhere

Re: Holocaust Deniers vs. US army veterans?

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:01 pm

Oops, I used "declined" instead of inclined, didn't I. :lol:
.
Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23276
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: Holocaust Deniers vs. US army veterans?

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:03 pm

I thought that was one of your bits of intentional (and fun) word play . . . :)
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 25692
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: somewhere

Re: Holocaust Deniers vs. US army veterans?

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:06 pm

:cry: OMG, I failed. Miserably! :cry2:




:lol:
.
Lard, save me from your followers.

VFX
BANNED
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:36 am

Re: Holocaust Deniers vs. US army veterans?

Post by VFX » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:41 am

Im_Not_Creative_Enough wrote:
But here's a surprising thing: take a look at the comment rection of this video. The overwhelming majority of top rated comments are not by HDers. The likes far outvote the dislikes. In a holocaust related video on youtube these days - this is unheard off.

What's more intereating is that when I watched some other videos of testimonies by US soldiers describing the liberation of concentration camps, I was even more aurpriaed to see that the situation is the same - little to no HD, anti-Jewish or pro-Hitler comments on any video that combines the Holocaust with US veterans.
A good topic, that has also been debased. I gather the thread Intention is:
Intention
To discuss if revisionists disagree with the testimony of US WWII veterans.
The context of this post and thread was the lack of criticism of US combatants after watching the TV series, "Band of Brothers". This was based on lack of adverse comments from You Tube subscriber comments.
The aim of Revisionism is to take a fresh look at history. Band of Brothers was the US Official Narrative of events and obviously biased. (it was an excellent series to watch).
No Revisionist would demean the efforts of any combatant in any war, from any side who were following the orders from their leaders. The only exception I have seen to this were the Vietnam Veterans returning home to the US to get abused by the "Hippies".. the days of Led Zepplin, Woodstock and JImmi Hendrix.
However, many US veterans got it wrong. Due to rumours, but believed,most Konzentrationslager had gas chambers. The truth is no camp "liberated" had gas chambers that were used: the US or the British found NO evidence of genocide by gassing. This came as a result in the early 1960 due to exhumations and autopsy reports of alleged gas victims: they died of disease.

What these soldiers found at such places as Buchenwald, Bergen-Belsen and Dachau were emaciated victims of Typhus due to insanitary conditions. This was caused by total break down of infrastructure due to Allied attack.

The point is that the US soldiers at Dachau thought the SS guards were responsible for this mayhem in the camp.
This resulted in the Dachau liberation reprisals
Dachau liberation reprisals
...This was never put in the Band of Brothers I do not think
The Dachau liberation reprisals were a series of incidents in which German prisoners of war were killed by American soldiers and concentration camp internees at the Dachau concentration camp on April 29, 1945, during World War II. The Dachau liberation reprisals were a series of killings of German camp guards and German prisoners of war from the Dachau concentration camp on April 29, 1945, during World War II. Following the prisoners’ liberation by American soldiers from 45th Infantry Division of the U.S. Seventh Army, American soldiers allegedly wounded and killed German camp guards and German prisoners of war. The number of victims differs widely by account, though the estimated death toll stands at 123. Other camp guards were killed and tortured by former inmates.

The reprisals occurred after the U.S. 45th Infantry Division entered the Dachau concentration camp. Before the soldiers entered the camp, they found outside 40 roofless boxcars (or freight-cars) full of emaciated dead bodies in advanced stages of decomposition. More bodies were found about the camp. Some had been dead for hours and days before the camp’s capture and lay where they had died. Soldiers reported seeing a row of cement structures that contained rooms full of hundreds of naked and barely clothed dead bodies piled floor to ceiling, a coal-fired crematorium and a gas chamber.
Hans Merbach was the 35-year-old SS man who was assigned to supervise the evacuation of Buchenwald prisoners to Dachau. The train had left the Weimar station near Buchenwald on April 8, 1945 and didn’t arrive at Dachau until almost three weeks later. The train was delayed because of Allied bombing of the railroad tracks.

Martin Rosenfeld, one of the prisoners on the death train who survived, testified at the trial of Hans Merbach that the train was strafed by Allied planes on the way and that the prisoners were forced to stay in the open boxcars, while the SS men took cover in the woods. Rosenfeld’s testimony was quoted by Joshua M. Greene in his book Justice at Dachau. Other survivors of the Death Train testified that Merbach had shot dying prisoners and prisoners who had been wounded by American bullets.

It is understandable that the American liberators were upset when they saw the dead bodies on the train, but they should not have committed a war crime by shooting the SS men in the Dachau training camp who had nothing to do with the train. They should not have shot SS guards who had surrendered and had their hands in the air. Wounded Wehrmacht soldiers should not have been dragged out of a hospital at Dachau and shot; this was a war crime that should not be covered up by calling it a reprisal.

Im_Not_Creative_Enough
Poster
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:32 pm

Re: Holocaust Deniers vs. US army veterans?

Post by Im_Not_Creative_Enough » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:49 pm

VFX wrote:
Im_Not_Creative_Enough wrote:
But here's a surprising thing: take a look at the comment rection of this video. The overwhelming majority of top rated comments are not by HDers. The likes far outvote the dislikes. In a holocaust related video on youtube these days - this is unheard off.

What's more intereating is that when I watched some other videos of testimonies by US soldiers describing the liberation of concentration camps, I was even more aurpriaed to see that the situation is the same - little to no HD, anti-Jewish or pro-Hitler comments on any video that combines the Holocaust with US veterans.
A good topic, that has also been debased. I gather the thread Intention is:
Intention
To discuss if revisionists disagree with the testimony of US WWII veterans.
The context of this post and thread was the lack of criticism of US combatants after watching the TV series, "Band of Brothers". This was based on lack of adverse comments from You Tube subscriber comments.
The aim of Revisionism is to take a fresh look at history. Band of Brothers was the US Official Narrative of events and obviously biased. (it was an excellent series to watch).
No Revisionist would demean the efforts of any combatant in any war, from any side who were following the orders from their leaders. The only exception I have seen to this were the Vietnam Veterans returning home to the US to get abused by the "Hippies".. the days of Led Zepplin, Woodstock and JImmi Hendrix.
However, many US veterans got it wrong. Due to rumours, but believed,most Konzentrationslager had gas chambers. The truth is no camp "liberated" had gas chambers that were used: the US or the British found NO evidence of genocide by gassing. This came as a result in the early 1960 due to exhumations and autopsy reports of alleged gas victims: they died of disease.

What these soldiers found at such places as Buchenwald, Bergen-Belsen and Dachau were emaciated victims of Typhus due to insanitary conditions. This was caused by total break down of infrastructure due to Allied attack.

The point is that the US soldiers at Dachau thought the SS guards were responsible for this mayhem in the camp.
This resulted in the Dachau liberation reprisals
Dachau liberation reprisals
...This was never put in the Band of Brothers I do not think
The Dachau liberation reprisals were a series of incidents in which German prisoners of war were killed by American soldiers and concentration camp internees at the Dachau concentration camp on April 29, 1945, during World War II. The Dachau liberation reprisals were a series of killings of German camp guards and German prisoners of war from the Dachau concentration camp on April 29, 1945, during World War II. Following the prisoners’ liberation by American soldiers from 45th Infantry Division of the U.S. Seventh Army, American soldiers allegedly wounded and killed German camp guards and German prisoners of war. The number of victims differs widely by account, though the estimated death toll stands at 123. Other camp guards were killed and tortured by former inmates.

The reprisals occurred after the U.S. 45th Infantry Division entered the Dachau concentration camp. Before the soldiers entered the camp, they found outside 40 roofless boxcars (or freight-cars) full of emaciated dead bodies in advanced stages of decomposition. More bodies were found about the camp. Some had been dead for hours and days before the camp’s capture and lay where they had died. Soldiers reported seeing a row of cement structures that contained rooms full of hundreds of naked and barely clothed dead bodies piled floor to ceiling, a coal-fired crematorium and a gas chamber.
Hans Merbach was the 35-year-old SS man who was assigned to supervise the evacuation of Buchenwald prisoners to Dachau. The train had left the Weimar station near Buchenwald on April 8, 1945 and didn’t arrive at Dachau until almost three weeks later. The train was delayed because of Allied bombing of the railroad tracks.

Martin Rosenfeld, one of the prisoners on the death train who survived, testified at the trial of Hans Merbach that the train was strafed by Allied planes on the way and that the prisoners were forced to stay in the open boxcars, while the SS men took cover in the woods. Rosenfeld’s testimony was quoted by Joshua M. Greene in his book Justice at Dachau. Other survivors of the Death Train testified that Merbach had shot dying prisoners and prisoners who had been wounded by American bullets.

It is understandable that the American liberators were upset when they saw the dead bodies on the train, but they should not have committed a war crime by shooting the SS men in the Dachau training camp who had nothing to do with the train. They should not have shot SS guards who had surrendered and had their hands in the air. Wounded Wehrmacht soldiers should not have been dragged out of a hospital at Dachau and shot; this was a war crime that should not be covered up by calling it a reprisal.
Oh boy, yet another gas chamber obssesed mudak.

You see, in no place did I claim that those Americans soldier disocvered gas chambers. Even "Band of Brothers" deosn't claim that. The only mention of gas chambers in the episode is when Maj. Winters tells Cpt. Nixon about how the Russians found a camp that is far wrose than the one that they have found. No Easy company members claims that the Kaufering camp that they have found had gas chambers in it. So it makes wonder why are you talking about Dachau and Bergen Belsen when this is not even the topic of the thread. Yes Sherlock, I'm fully aware that there were no gas chambers in Bergen Belsen. This is why I never bought into Moshe Peer's story, pretty much like anyone who has a more-than-basic knowledge of the Holocaust. So, once again, what the heck is your point?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

VFX
BANNED
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:36 am

Re: Holocaust Deniers vs. US army veterans?

Post by VFX » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:47 pm

The point of this thread is not clear, there is no thread intention to specify the exact topic. In the title the term Holocaust Denier is used. Holocaust denial is the act of denying the genocide of Jews in the Holocaust during World War II. As gas was allegedly used, as the pretext for US troops to murder innocent German guards I think it is entirely relevant. The reason why "revisionists of the holohoax" made no comments is due to the fact that it is a TV series from the US perspective about other aspects of the war. Young men from both sides were killing each other in a war which no body wanted. Churchill put it this way:
You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: victory; victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival. Let that be realized; no survival for the British Empire, no survival for all that the British Empire has stood for, no survival for the urge and impulse of the ages, that mankind will move forward towards its goal. But I take up my task with buoyancy and hope. I feel sure that our cause will not be suffered to fail among men. At this time I feel entitled to claim the aid of all, and I say, "Come then, let us go forward together with our united strength."

Winston Churchill - May 13, 1940

Im_Not_Creative_Enough
Poster
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:32 pm

Re: Holocaust Deniers vs. US army veterans?

Post by Im_Not_Creative_Enough » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:00 pm

VFX wrote:The point of this thread is not clear, there is no thread intention to specify the exact topic. In the title the term Holocaust Denier is used. Holocaust denial is the act of denying the genocide of Jews in the Holocaust during World War II. As gas was allegedly used, as the pretext for US troops to murder innocent German guards I think it is entirely relevant. The reason why "revisionists of the holohoax" made no comments is due to the fact that it is a TV series from the US perspective about other aspects of the war. Young men from both sides were killing each other in a war which no body wanted. Churchill put it this way:
You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: victory; victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival. Let that be realized; no survival for the British Empire, no survival for all that the British Empire has stood for, no survival for the urge and impulse of the ages, that mankind will move forward towards its goal. But I take up my task with buoyancy and hope. I feel sure that our cause will not be suffered to fail among men. At this time I feel entitled to claim the aid of all, and I say, "Come then, let us go forward together with our united strength."

Winston Churchill - May 13, 1940
The fact that when you hear the word "Holocaust" you automatically think of "gassings" is the problem, although it is a problem that both sides have.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.