Stuff We Can Talk About: Lies and Exaggerations

Discussions
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Re: Stuff We Can Talk About: Lies and Exaggerations

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:02 am

scrmbldggs wrote::pc:

Welcome back!!!!
“I noticed this morning that a group of our Landsberg friends have been given their freedom this morning. These include...Schubert, Jost and Nosske. Schubert confessed to...supervising the execution of about 800 Jews...(referring to the order to clean up Simferopol)...Schubert managed to kill all the Jews (by Christmas 1941). Nosske was the one the other defendants called the biggest bloodhound....
Noel, Noel, what the hell.”
Benjamin Ferencz in a letter to Telford Taylor, December 1951

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:03 am

Denying-History wrote:
Balmoral95 wrote:
Denying-History wrote:
montgomery wrote:
Denying-History wrote:
Translation: “Hearsay says you all exaggerate! It was only 200,000!”
Once again you have difficulty writing proper sentences that have a clear meaning. I've deciphered it's meaning the best I can and it appears that you are trying to suggest that I'm saying you're all lying and I'm saying that the number was 200,000.

That's pretty close to what I would expect of somebody like you.
I think it’s quite clear. Lol In fact it’s very clear - it could just be you’re slow.

But of course you avoid the actual case that your using hearsay.

Be careful, D-H, he's "studying" us..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Like most unlicensed psychologists - he’s probably on to something!!! :mrgreen:

We’re all :nuts:
“I noticed this morning that a group of our Landsberg friends have been given their freedom this morning. These include...Schubert, Jost and Nosske. Schubert confessed to...supervising the execution of about 800 Jews...(referring to the order to clean up Simferopol)...Schubert managed to kill all the Jews (by Christmas 1941). Nosske was the one the other defendants called the biggest bloodhound....

nickterry
Regular Poster

Post by nickterry » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:12 am

I'm wondering if montgomery can point out any 'lies and exaggerations' about the Holocaust made exclusively by Jews which are still accepted by informed opinion (historians) today.

This could be a tall order since much of the evidence for the Holocaust comes from the Germans themselves, with another large chunk coming from non-Jewish sources. Pretty much everything has German, non-Jewish and Jewish sources.

montgomery
BANNED

Post by montgomery » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:36 am

nickterry wrote:I'm wondering if montgomery can point out any 'lies and exaggerations' about the Holocaust made exclusively by Jews which are still accepted by informed opinion (historians) today.

This could be a tall order since much of the evidence for the Holocaust comes from the Germans themselves, with another large chunk coming from non-Jewish sources. Pretty much everything has German, non-Jewish and Jewish sources.
They wouldn't be lies and exaggerations if they are accepted by historians. I'm assuming that you're referring to 'real' historians and not the ones who make up lies and exaggerations?

montgomery
BANNED

Post by montgomery » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:38 am

montgomery wrote:
nickterry wrote:I'm wondering if montgomery can point out any 'lies and exaggerations' about the Holocaust made exclusively by Jews which are still accepted by informed opinion (historians) today.

They wouldn't be lies and exaggerations if they are accepted by historians. I'm assuming that you're referring to 'real' historians and not the ones who make up lies and exaggerations?
Welcome to this thread! Regardless of what side you take, I urge you to act like an adult and represent your side in a befitting manner.

Denying-History
Veteran Poster

Post by Denying-History » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:44 am

Lol That’s a load coming from you.

Still you avoided his question. As always.
« The Terror here is a horrifying fact. There is a fear that reaches down and haunts all sections of the community. No household, however humble, apparently but what lives in constant fear of nocturnal raid by the secret police. . .This particular purge is undoubtedly political. . . It is deliberately projected by the party leaders, who themselves regretted the necessity for it. »
Joseph E. Davies

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:54 am

montgomery wrote:JeffK, Do you think that the way to account for all the lies and/or exaggerations is because some Jewish people had a motive of eliciting pity?
All the lies and exaggerations?

No, I do not think there was a motive for eliciting pity.

I think the exaggerations spring from misunderstandings with a dash of propaganda here and there.
There's no doubt that Israel is getting away with murder and apartheir against the Palestinian people
I’d say there’s a strong doubt about that. I’m not a fan of current Israeli policies but the reality is that actual Arab citizens of Israel have full civil rights.
and it's my opiinion that they wouldn't get away with half as much if they hadn't padded up the total with that kind of misinformation.
What total?
In any case, they've done a great injustice to the memory of the holocaust in a lot of people's minds.
They have?
Had the lies and exaggerations not been told, perhaps there wouldn't have been an IHR? Now just about everything is suspect to them.
Not for those who spend the time studying the subject.
In my own case of not being a denier, I still am interested in digging up the truth because there's been so much wrong information.
I take it you fall in Mark Weber’s camp? Am I correct?
To sum up the exaggerations as you see them:
1) No state policy of genocide
2) No gas chambers
3) Inflated numbers
p.s. I don't think you have to take a backseat to Stat.mech.
You can’t see me but I have a huge grin on my face.

Stat Mech and I agree and disagree on things. That’s true for everyone who posts here. He knows more than I do because he spent more time on it than I have. But I started on this road before I met him, I graduated with a history degree (dual major with journalism, actually) over twenty years ago. I explained all of this in that link I gave you, my road started two years before I joined Skeptics in 2016. My first experience with deniers was in July of 2014.
I would prefer that you stood up for what you believe and what you understand about Leuchter.
I did.
You've not giving me a gift by at least acknowledging he existed. Paranoia tells us a lot about Stat.mech and his schtick.
Are you saying Stat Mech doesn’t believe in Fred Leuchter?

nickterry
Regular Poster

Post by nickterry » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:08 am

montgomery wrote:

You claimed earlier, " Do you think that the way to account for all the lies and/or exaggerations is because some Jewish people had a motive of eliciting pity? There's no doubt that Israel is getting away with murder and apartheir against the Palestinian people and it's my opiinion that they wouldn't get away with half as much if they hadn't padded up the total with that kind of misinformation."

Can you name some examples, please?

'Padded up the total' seems to be an allusion to the death toll of Jews in the Holocaust. I hope you're aware that serious estimates and calculations range from 5-6 million, and that many historians would skew towards 5 million, e.g. Hilberg's 5.1 million calculation. Hilberg was very much an American and not a fan of Zionism, by the way, but I doubt you meant that padding a death toll from 5 up to 6 million makes all the difference for Israel.

I'm not convinced, by the way, that Israel has any kind of immunity to criticism or condemnation for its actions because of the Holocaust. On the contrary, the Holocaust led to a more critical climate regarding human rights, which eventually baked in by the 1970s, after assorted major hypocrisies and atrocities (Algeria, Vietnam, etc), around the time the Holocaust became a major theme for discussion in the world, and which has since led to intensified criticism of Israel, some of which takes the 'they should know better' line *because* of the Holocaust.

Since there have been major ups and downs in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict (1970s terrorism, first intifada, Oslo accords, second intifada, Gaza withdrawal, repeated Gaza wars, internal Palestinian feuding) and some serious regional disruption due to the Syrian Civil War, I also fail to see the correlation between talk of the Holocaust and the ongoing conflict.

But mainly I fail to see the correlation because it's quite obvious to a European that a lot of talk about the Holocaust stems from the fact that European countries regard the Holocaust as part of their national histories. And because Germany is probably the one country in the world which is not in denial about its past - unlike Israel, Britain, the US, Russia...

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:28 am

Does this bonehead even know who Hilberg was? He seems to have admitted he's not exactly au courant on the subject (as evidenced by his steering discussion the 1995 Shermer/Weber thing).

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:17 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Denying-History wrote:
Balmoral95 wrote:
Denying-History wrote:
montgomery wrote:
Denying-History wrote:
Translation: “Hearsay says you all exaggerate! It was only 200,000!”
Once again you have difficulty writing proper sentences that have a clear meaning. I've deciphered it's meaning the best I can and it appears that you are trying to suggest that I'm saying you're all lying and I'm saying that the number was 200,000.

That's pretty close to what I would expect of somebody like you.
I think it’s quite clear. Lol In fact it’s very clear - it could just be you’re slow.

But of course you avoid the actual case that your using hearsay.

Be careful, D-H, he's "studying" us..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Like most unlicensed psychologists - he’s probably on to something!!! :mrgreen:

We’re all :nuts:
Nein, nein, nein:

I don't recall anyone else here bending over backwad to have a conversation about 1/4 century ago long debunked horseshite with an arrogant twot.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:57 am

montgomery wrote:
Denying-History wrote:I think it’s more the environment he’s in when it comes to his debate about Weber. There are issues when it comes to Shermer such as rushed arguments and some unfair generalizations, but I generally don’t hate him.

I don’t think he however plans to debate with deniers anymore after some late developments. I’ll avoid going into detail due to Phyrro’s instructions.
Shermer's a smart guy and he did the best he could with the material he had to work with. He's also an atheist and that shows he not one of the sheep. I don't know of anybody else who could have rebutted the fact that the Sobbidor and Dachau stories were exaggerations. or lies, if you prefer.
Your not knowing of anyone who could speak to S-o-b-i-b-o-r and Dachau speaks not to the availability of knowledgeable scholars but to your own lack of knowledge, which you time and again emphasize for some strange reason.
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:02 am

montgomery wrote:p.s. I don't think you have to take a backseat to Stat.mech. He was being rude and paranoid when he suggested that you don't know is 'somebody' actually existed. I would prefer that you stood up for what you believe and what you understand about Leuchter. You've not giving me a gift by at least acknowledging he existed. Paranoia tells us a lot about Stat.mech and his schtick.
"Yes, little Jeffie, you too may someday see the virtue of Mark Weber and Fred Leuchter . . . *pat pat*"

Denying-History
Veteran Poster

Post by Denying-History » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:04 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
montgomery wrote:
Denying-History wrote:I think it’s more the environment he’s in when it comes to his debate about Weber. There are issues when it comes to Shermer such as rushed arguments and some unfair generalizations, but I generally don’t hate him.

I don’t think he however plans to debate with deniers anymore after some late developments. I’ll avoid going into detail due to Phyrro’s instructions.
Shermer's a smart guy and he did the best he could with the material he had to work with. He's also an atheist and that shows he not one of the sheep. I don't know of anybody else who could have rebutted the fact that the Sobbidor and Dachau stories were exaggerations. or lies, if you prefer.
Your not knowing of anyone who could speak to S-o-b-i-b-o-r and Dachau speaks not to the availability of knowledgeable scholars but to your own lack of knowledge, which you time and again emphasize for some strange reason.
I don't understand how you make out anything he says. How do you know its not "Bobibor"?

Still as I said... Every revelation Shermer said about Dachau was said in the 1960's anyway.
« The Terror here is a horrifying fact. There is a fear that reaches down and haunts all sections of the community. No household, however humble, apparently but what lives in constant fear of nocturnal raid by the secret police. . .This particular purge is undoubtedly political. . . It is deliberately projected by the party leaders, who themselves regretted the necessity for it. »
Joseph E. Davies

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:11 am

The idea that IHR was a response to mistakes, errors, exaggerations - LOL. IHR: "correcting misinformation by spewing it, since 1978."

montgomery
BANNED

Post by montgomery » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:26 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:The idea that IHR was a response to mistakes, errors, exaggerations - LOL. IHR: "correcting misinformation by spewing it, since 1978."
This thread is about 'lies and exaggerations' and it's not me who started it. I may have chosen a less confrontational title for the thread but it's done now. If you are interested in bringing up more suggestions of lies and exaggerations then please do so. If not then could you please not continue to spam every thread on which I post?

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:32 pm

montgomery wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:The idea that IHR was a response to mistakes, errors, exaggerations - LOL. IHR: "correcting misinformation by spewing it, since 1978."
This thread is about 'lies and exaggerations' and it's not me who started it. I may have chosen a less confrontational title for the thread but it's done now. If you are interested in bringing up more suggestions of lies and exaggerations then please do so. If not then could you please not continue to spam every thread on which I post?
What would you suggest I name it?

montgomery
BANNED

Post by montgomery » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:13 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
montgomery wrote:JeffK, Do you think that the way to account for all the lies and/or exaggerations is because some Jewish people had a motive of eliciting pity?

I think the exaggerations spring from misunderstandings with a dash of propaganda here and there.
In the camps where the lies and exaggerations are referred to here, some dash!
There's no doubt that Israel is getting away with murder and apartheir against the Palestinian people
I’d say there’s a strong doubt about that. I’m not a fan of current Israeli policies but the reality is that actual Arab citizens of Israel have full civil rights.[/quote]

I won't pursue that here, but your comment provides me with information on your POV.

2) No gas chambers
3) Inflated numbers
No, you're incorrect. It's not an issue where i choose a 'camp'.

1) No state policy of genocide.- No, I don't agree with him on that. I'm more interested in investigated the methods used by the Nazis, as pertains to the use/non-use of gas chambers.

2) No gas chambers. - only in instances where the gas chambers were lies and exaggerations. We've established that together in a cooperative manner.

3) Inflated numbers.- Yes, in cases where we have established the lies and exaggerations.

As to you taking a backseat to stat.mech. I was wondering why you didn't respond to him saying that you don't know if Leuchter even existed. You just appeared to not want to correct that. Otherwise, it's not important. I'll watch to see that sort of behavior isn't repeated on your part in order to be able to dismiss my suspicions.

Thanks for your civil attempt at a discussion.

montgomery
BANNED

Post by montgomery » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:17 pm

To all others: Why am I getting a distinct feeling that everybody is anxiously and frantically trying to push me to deny the holocaust. Can't a civil discussion take place without that kind of disruptive behavior? Is it not possible to so to speak, separate the wheat from the chaff as concerning stories that were told about the holocaust.

JeffK has initiated the discussion by posting a thread that deals with the topic of 'lies and exaggerations'. Can we all just deal with that in good faith?

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:01 pm

In the camps where the lies and exaggerations are referred to here, some dash!
Looking at it most of it had to do with misunderstandings and eyewitnesses not understanding or having a context to what they were seeing. Steam, electricity, I don’t find them important because those who operated the chambers directly tell us exactly what happened. As for exaggerations over numbers, researchers set that right. The Communists clung to higher numbers because it suited them. That’s the propaganda part. But even investigations by various Polish judges quickly established numbers that were too high and tried to correct them.

I’d say there’s a strong doubt about that. I’m not a fan of current Israeli policies but the reality is that actual Arab citizens of Israel have full civil rights.

I won't pursue that here, but your comment provides me with information on your POV.
I started a thread on that:
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=28699

Here is where I fall on Israel:
I support a two-state solution in the region. I feel that that ship sailed and both sides are dug into their respective camps. I feel there is blame for that on both sides. I also feel concern over the direction Israeli politics is leaning, the right-wing is taking control and I actually fear the emergence of a fascist state (needless to say that is very ironic).

I find that there is a definite divide over those who are pro-Israeli and those who are pro-Palestinian. I am neither, I work hard to see both sides. I look at Israel as a reality and the same for the dispossessed Palestinians. I just don’t know if any accommodation is possible at this point.

2) No gas chambers
3) Inflated numbers

No, you're incorrect.
Good!! We are making some progress.
It's not an issue where i choose a 'camp'.

1) No state policy of genocide.- No, I don't agree with him on that. I'm more interested in investigated the methods used by the Nazis, as pertains to the use/non-use of gas chambers.
I assume you will elaborate more and will tell me how you came to this conclusion.
2) No gas chambers. - only in instances where the gas chambers were lies and exaggerations. We've established that together in a cooperative manner.
I assume you will elaborate further.
3) Inflated numbers.- Yes, in cases where we have established the lies and exaggerations.
I assume you will elaborate further.
As to you taking a backseat to stat.mech. I was wondering why you didn't respond to him saying that you don't know if Leuchter even existed.
I’m not sure what you are referring to. Leuchter is a real person, I know someone who talks to him on a regular basis. Obviously we have videos of him and he wrote a book. It’s possible Stat Mech was merely joking.
You just appeared to not want to correct that. Otherwise, it's not important. I'll watch to see that sort of behavior isn't repeated on your part in order to be able to dismiss my suspicions.
As someone who knows Stat Mech I probably took that as a joke and didn’t feel the need to respond. Sometimes I’ll hit the “Thank You” button on his comment or give an “LOL.”
Thanks for your civil attempt at a discussion.
Anytime.

nickterry
Regular Poster

Post by nickterry » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:09 pm

montgomery wrote:To all others: Why am I getting a distinct feeling that everybody is anxiously and frantically trying to push me to deny the holocaust. Can't a civil discussion take place without that kind of disruptive behavior? Is it not possible to so to speak, separate the wheat from the chaff as concerning stories that were told about the holocaust.

JeffK has initiated the discussion by posting a thread that deals with the topic of 'lies and exaggerations'. Can we all just deal with that in good faith?
Actually, I think everyone is trying to work out what you even know about the Holocaust.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:24 pm

montgomery wrote:
This thread is about 'lies and exaggerations' and it's not me who started it.
But it is you who implied that IHR wouldn't have existed if not for some bad testimonies and claims. Not the person who started this thread.
montgomery wrote:I may have chosen a less confrontational title for the thread but it's done now.
Wtf does the title of this thread have to do with your idiotic post?
montgomery wrote:If not then could you please not continue to spam every thread on which I post?
Sorry but, like everyone else here, I post when and where I please.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:28 pm

montgomery wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
montgomery wrote:As to you taking a backseat to stat.mech. I was wondering why you didn't respond to him saying that you don't know if Leuchter even existed.
He did. You need to read more carefully, and also you need to write proper sentences that have a clear meaning.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:32 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:I’m not sure what you are referring to. Leuchter is a real person, I know someone who talks to him on a regular basis. Obviously we have videos of him and he wrote a book. It’s possible Stat Mech was merely joking.
He was referring to my WTF?? post provoked when everyone assumed that his Polish informant really exists and that the conversation he wrote about occurred. It was indeed a joke, an exaggeration even, given the buffoonish nature of his data point.
Jeffk 1970 wrote:As someone who knows Stat Mech I probably took that as a joke and didn’t feel the need to respond. Sometimes I’ll hit the “Thank You” button on his comment or give an “LOL.”
When I requested forensic proof of the Polish dude's existence, you did just that!

montgomery
BANNED

Post by montgomery » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:35 pm

Alrighgt everybody, let's just cut right to the chase now! All of you are frantically and literally begging me to say something that can be construed as holocaust denial. But I'm not saying that for you because I'm not a holocaust denier. I'm simply asking questions and alluding to that which has been established as 'lies and exaggerations'. Boo hoo!

Your motives are clear to me and my motive in behaving the way I am should be clear to all of you. So let me elaborate:

You're all craving some 'holocaust denial' and that's your entire purpose on this forum. And in fact, in some cases it appears to be your whole lives! Denying-history and balmoral have gone right off the deep end with their antisocial behavior as Stat.mech sits and stews in his neo-Nazi juices over the lack of anything to do but pick on a typo. LOL

Well kids, you're not going to get what you crave from me. The reason why is because nobody who has said anything controversial on this section of the forum has survived. They've all been banned! Could it be that all of your respective motives would be that childish and dishonorable? I think it has to be!

So as you all crave hearing somebody deny the holocaust, you all will be at a loss for a victim of your contempible behavior! The smart sheep are too wise to your antics to just continue to walk willingly to the slaughter.

And so that's the reason why I have to step out of line and not continue to cooperate with the gameplan that's been so firmly established on this section of the forum.

I'm inviting phyrro, the mod, to ban me from the forum if he thinks it's warranted. I'm willing to be the lamb in order to prove my point, but it's going to be on my terms, and those terms spell out a discredit to all of you.

I'll check back in in a few days when phyrro has had a chance to digest that. If nobody answers the door then, it's been a slice!
Last edited by montgomery on Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:36 pm

Delusions of adequacy . . .

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:44 pm

montgomery wrote:... nobody who has said anything controversial on this section of the forum has survived. They've all been banned! ...
Btw, mixed in with the paranoia and delusions of adequacy, this is an outright lie.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:59 pm

montgomery wrote:Alrighgt everybody, let's just cut right to the chase now! All of you are frantically and literally begging me to say something that can be construed as holocaust denial. But I'm not saying that for you because I'm not a holocaust denier. I'm simply asking questions and alluding to that which has been established as 'lies and exaggerations'. Boo hoo!
Actually I’m trying to figure out what your deal is. If you are here to learn something or ask questions go right ahead. If you have doubts about something bring it up.
Your motives are clear to me and my motive in behaving the way I am should be clear to all of you. So let me elaborate:

You're all craving some 'holocaust denial' and that's your entire purpose on this forum. And in fact, in some cases it appears to be your whole lives! Denying-history and balmoral have gone right off the deep end with their antisocial behavior as Stat.mech sits and stews in his neo-Nazi juices over the lack of anything to do but pick on a typo. LOL
Actually I could care less now. There are no deniers posting here. I’ve actually thought we should broaden the subject to discuss the war in general or other genocides. Both would suit me. I post topics that have nothing to do with denial but subjects that interest me and might interest others. If I can learn something and pass along information I think that is well worth my time. If I want to debate deniers I have Twitter for that.
Well kids, you're not going to get what you crave from me.
I don’t crave anything from you. I am merely curious.

The reason why is because nobody who has said anything controversial on this section of the forum has survived. They've all been banned!
This is simply not true. David was a member here from the inception of this forum. No one banned him, he simply stopped showing up. Mary and Monstrous moved on.

There have been members banned here that didn’t post in this section.

I haven’t seen anyone threatening to ban you. Pyrro hands out warnings before banning anyone and is very specific when he does so. His moderation is always fair, better than other forums I belong to.

I'm inviting phyrro, the mod, to ban me from the forum if he thinks it's warranted. I'm willing to be the lamb in order to prove my point, but it's going to be on my terms, and those terms spell out a discredit to all of you.

I'll check back in in a few days when phyrro has had a chance to digest that. If nobody answers the door then, it's been a slice!
I’m going to take a stab at this and say he won’t.

Bye.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:12 pm

So, I guess it’s back to our regularly scheduled program...

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Post by scrmbldggs » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:58 pm

1, 2, 3...
Lard, save me from your followers.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:59 pm

Yeah, I really thought that he was on the verge of actually making a point about something, at some point.

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:11 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:So, I guess it’s back to our regularly scheduled program...
Um, what was that program?

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:13 pm

I think he was gearing up to the point where he might just maybe at some point in the future make a point.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:13 pm

Balmoral95 wrote:
Talking about stuff instead of trying to coax Montgomery out of his shell.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Post by Gord » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:31 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Yeah, I really thought that he was on the verge of actually making a point about something, at some point.
He seems a very slippery weasel to me.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:40 pm

Gord wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:Yeah, I really thought that he was on the verge of actually making a point about something, at some point.
No, he was working his way towards being a slippery weasel. Being a weasel actually takes commitment, see Fred Leuchter.

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:27 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Balmoral95 wrote:
Talking about stuff instead of trying to coax Montgomery out of his shell.
I didn't get the memo on that.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Post by Gord » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:13 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Gord wrote:
No, he was working his way towards being a slippery weasel. Being a weasel actually takes commitment, see Fred Leuchter.
So you're assuming he isn't Fred Leuchter? Maybe "Montgomery" is his middle name.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:28 am

Gord wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Gord wrote:
So you're assuming he isn't Fred Leuchter? Maybe "Montgomery" is his middle name.
"Arthur", actually. :mrgreen:

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:45 am

Fred(rich)? Arthur Leuchter? Did his parents look at him and say, “Yep, gonna be a weasel, let’s name him accordingly.”

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:46 am

Actually just Fred. Fred Arthur Leuchter.