Stuff We Can Talk About: Lies and Exaggerations

Discussions
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Re: Stuff We Can Talk About: Lies and Exaggerations

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:51 am

scrmbldggs wrote:monty is right, I fixed it. One number went missing...
LOL, nice...
“I noticed this morning that a group of our Landsberg friends have been given their freedom this morning. These include...Schubert, Jost and Nosske. Schubert confessed to...supervising the execution of about 800 Jews...(referring to the order to clean up Simferopol)...Schubert managed to kill all the Jews (by Christmas 1941). Nosske was the one the other defendants called the biggest bloodhound....
Noel, Noel, what the hell.”
Benjamin Ferencz in a letter to Telford Taylor, December 1951

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:54 am

That's....not exactly the word I'd be using to describe it. :lol:
Lard, save me from your followers.

montgomery
BANNED

Post by montgomery » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:06 am

The truth is that it never was a bad link. The Onion doesn't produce it's own bad links as far as I know.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:08 am

Shall I post it again? I know it was bad, because I tested it. My own bad copy pasta job has nothing to do with The Onion's performance.
Last edited by scrmbldggs on Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:08 am

scrmbldggs wrote:That's....not exactly the word I'd be using to describe it. :lol:

You know me and my rather warped sensibilities, scrm. It’s why I’m going to hell.

:D
“I noticed this morning that a group of our Landsberg friends have been given their freedom this morning. These include...Schubert, Jost and Nosske. Schubert confessed to...supervising the execution of about 800 Jews...(referring to the order to clean up Simferopol)...Schubert managed to kill all the Jews (by Christmas 1941). Nosske was the one the other defendants called the biggest bloodhound....

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:10 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:That's....not exactly the word I'd be using to describe it. :lol:

You know me and my rather warped sensibilities, scrm. It’s why I’m going to hell.

:D
Meet you there. :twisted:

montgomery
BANNED

Post by montgomery » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:16 am

scrmbldggs wrote:Shall I post it again? I know it was bad, because I tested it. My own bad copy pasta job has nothing to do with The Onion's performance.
So what you like. It worked the same for me before and after you said you fixed it.

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:20 am

montgomery wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:Shall I post it again? I know it was bad, because I tested it. My own bad copy pasta job has nothing to do with The Onion's performance.
So what you like. It worked the same for me before and after you said you fixed it.
When you're not here do you find yourself arguing with walls?

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:34 am

:hmm: He's an obnoxious bugger, isn't he. :lol:

montgomery wrote:
I said I fixed it long after I actually fixed it (several minutes later). Balmoral's post must have been submitted really close in time to my re-submitting the corrected version, otherwise one'd see the "Last edited by" notice in my post.
Last edited by scrmbldggs on Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:40 am

scrmbldggs wrote::hmm: He's an obnoxious bugger, isn't he. :lol:

montgomery wrote:
I said I fixed it long after I actually fixed it (several minutes later). Balmoral's post must have been submitted really close in time to my re-submitting the corrected version, otherwise one'd see the "Last edited by" notice.
Which is exactly what happened. :mrgreen:

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:41 am

Dang, we didn't get to sync it as well this time^. :lol:

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:33 am

montgomery wrote:
The truth is that it never was a bad link. The Onion doesn't produce it's own bad links as far as I know.
Might be the most futile and pointless troll post this one has yet made . . . but he gives himself stiff competition in the "I Can Discredit Myself" department in post after post . . .
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

montgomery
BANNED

Post by montgomery » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:22 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
montgomery wrote:
Might be the most futile and pointless troll post this one has yet made . . . but he gives himself stiff competition in the "I Can Discredit Myself" department in post after post . . .
It's not important. The only point is that balmoral is stupid and the rest of you have to look after him. I'm keeping a close eye on him to see what he babbles out on more important matters.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:22 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
montgomery wrote:
Denying-History wrote:
montgomery wrote:
Denying-History wrote:Can you point to one thing they corrected?
Yes. This is specifically an answer to your question and I'm not suggesting that the revised number is correct. I don't know if it's correct or not. That's why I'm here taking part as a skeptic and not a H-D'er.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1992 ... -memorials
You really think they corrected that? That was the work of Piper not IHR. Take the time to read Van Pelts report to the Irving trial. I can provide a link if needed.
I didn't quote it as saying 'they' meant the IHR. It's an answer to your question. Provide a link to whatever you like but my answer stands.

My link is credible and it's not being denied by anyone. I can't accept that any links being provided by any of you will be credible. I base that judgment on your spamming and lack of proper manners. That's the downside for all of you for being ignorant spammers. The best thing for you all to do now is to begin to correct that problem between us.

Whether or not you do, I couldn't care less.
Except that Hilberg and Reitlinger both came up with lower numbers in the 50’s and 60’s. This was before any denier came up with anything regarding Auschwitz.
Thoughts, Montgomery?

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:42 pm

Well, I guess I didn’t need to watch that video after all.

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:52 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:Well, I guess I didn’t need to watch that video after all.
That vid seems to have garnered a new lease on life... it was posted at Rodoh yesterday...coincidentally :lol:

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:02 pm

montgomery wrote:
montgomery wrote:
It's not important...
You're right about that, so, what's with all the fuss? Why do we need to look after you like that?
Last edited by scrmbldggs on Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:04 pm

I saw that...quite a coincidence. An oldy, moldy IHR video posted here and there.

montgomery
BANNED

Post by montgomery » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:37 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
montgomery wrote:
Denying-History wrote:
montgomery wrote:
Yes. This is specifically an answer to your question and I'm not suggesting that the revised number is correct. I don't know if it's correct or not. That's why I'm here taking part as a skeptic and not a H-D'er.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1992 ... -memorials
You really think they corrected that? That was the work of Piper not IHR. Take the time to read Van Pelts report to the Irving trial. I can provide a link if needed.
I didn't quote it as saying 'they' meant the IHR. It's an answer to your question. Provide a link to whatever you like but my answer stands.

My link is credible and it's not being denied by anyone. I can't accept that any links being provided by any of you will be credible. I base that judgment on your spamming and lack of proper manners. That's the downside for all of you for being ignorant spammers. The best thing for you all to do now is to begin to correct that problem between us.

Whether or not you do, I couldn't care less.
Except that Hilberg and Reitlinger both came up with lower numbers in the 50’s and 60’s. This was before any denier came up with anything regarding Auschwitz.
Thoughts, Montgomery?
My thoughts are Jeff: All of you here on this section of the forum are totally wrapped up in promoting holocaust legend for some reason? That reason or imagined reason (s) needs to be explored more carefully. So regardless of what your reason is (you can tell me later), you are probably unaware of the purpose you have probably been conned into promoting. And that is, Americans are avid supporters of the holocaust because it serves to justify the U.S. aggression throughout the M.E. And fwiw, it also justifies U.S. aggression against Russia and China, but you will need a further explanation on that part of it.

My answer on the Israel/Palestinian thread for bobbo explains it more fully. Go there and rebut that if you like.

All of you may think you're acting as humanitarians with a higher purpose. That could be true in one or two cases but I couldn't name one that I suspect as having that motive. Most of you, such as balmoral as the worst example, are really arguing for the sake of this being a good place to be belligerent and nasty. Stat.mech., I won't even mention what I suspect his motive is but I suspect the worst. In any case, the only thing you're accomplishing is support of U.S. aggression throughout the world. (as I said, you can explain your motive if you care to)

I think I can connect all the emotional holocaust support to nothing more than support of US aggression everywhere in the world that it's happening. It's the fabricated righteousness that America needs in order to escape the label of the world's most evil aggressor. Nearly 40 U.S. wars of aggression since WW2 alone.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:18 pm

montgomery wrote:
montgomery wrote:
It's not important. The only point is that balmoral is stupid and the rest of you have to look after him. I'm keeping a close eye on him to see what he babbles out on more important matters.
You seem a tad obsessed with Balmoral.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:23 pm

montgomery wrote:
My thoughts are Jeff: All of you here on this section of the forum are totally wrapped up in promoting holocaust legend for some reason?
I don’t promote legends. If I promoted legends then I would stoutly defend the mass production of Jew soap, the dastardly German predilection to shrink Jewish heads, the diabolical skin lampshades and other absurdities.

I don’t pretend to know everything but I strive for knowledge and understanding. I know more than I did when I started and that is progress.

That reason or imagined reason (s) needs to be explored more carefully. So regardless of what your reason is (you can tell me later),
I gave you a link as to why. I also find racist/antisemitic BS revolting and Holocaust denial is filled with that. An additional reason is my belief that Holocaust denial (or any kind of denial of any number of genocides) essentially pisses all over the memories of the dead and mocks the grief of the survivors and their descendants.

Are my reasons clear to you?
you are probably unaware of the purpose you have probably been conned into promoting.
No one conned me into anything.
And that is, Americans are avid supporters of the holocaust because it serves to justify the U.S. aggression throughout the M.E. And fwiw, it also justifies U.S. aggression against Russia and China, but you will need a further explanation on that part of it.
LOL, I’m a liberal and a pacifist. I take war seriously because I’ve read enough military history to understand how ugly it is.
As for Russia, I feel sorry for the Russians because for the second time in one hundred years they lost their freedoms to despots. I consider Putin hostile and find it disgusting that the thing currently squatting in the White House chooses to believe that wretch over his own intelligence agencies. Both China and Russia have engaged in cyberwarfare against this country. If I had my way I’d hack them both until they squealed and when they whined about it do it again.
My answer on the Israel/Palestinian thread for bobbo explains it more fully. Go there and rebut that if you like.
OK, since you refuse to read what I write I will make my position crystal clear:

1) I support a two-state solution.
2) I am against further Israeli settlements in disputed territories.
3) I do not support current Israeli policies of displacement.
4) I think Netanyahu is a colossal asshat. Worse I think the hardliners have him by the balls and I truly fear the (ironic) rise of a fascist Israeli state.

Is all of that clear to you? Or will you not read that either?

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:27 pm

montgomery wrote:
montgomery wrote:
You seem a tad obsessed with Balmoral.
He's just in denial about his true feelings for me. :mrgreen:

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:44 pm

:rotfl:

He sure goes through great lengths explaining just how awful you are. Sign of a deeply held admiration. :-P

Reaktori

Post by Reaktori » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:23 pm

montgomery wrote:
My thoughts are Jeff: All of you here on this section of the forum are totally wrapped up in promoting holocaust legend for some reason?
Well, at least you finally came out as a denier. Took way too long imo.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:03 pm

Reaktori wrote:
montgomery wrote:
He’s a “Skeptic.”

Seems he is against...something....but seems hesitant to tell us what. Much talk about Holocaust legends and random musings from some Polish guy.

He likes old IHR stuff.

Other than that I’m still waiting. He will admit to knowing nothing about the Holocaust but doesn’t seem to want to learn anything about it.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:11 pm

Seems monty is very skeptical about evidence and a firm believer in his own power of observation, analysis and deduction.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:23 pm

Reaktori wrote:
montgomery wrote:
nice catch!

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:25 pm

>> Other than that I’m still waiting

For the results of his investigations into this forum?

montgomery
BANNED

Post by montgomery » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:45 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:>> Other than that I’m still waiting

So let's get to it then! Where do your loyalties lie. Is America first with you or is America second? Oh, and if America isn't first then what country are you most loyal to?

I'm done with balmoral and pretty much done with D-H too. The others are a little more descreet than you three so there's still some doubt about them.

Maybe they will be so proud about their answers that they will tell me?

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:52 am

I don’t know about anyone else but my loyalties lie with Unicornville.

montgomery
BANNED

Post by montgomery » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:10 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:I don’t know about anyone else but my loyalties lie with Unicornville.
You can't do it can you! Anyway, thanks for the answer.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:10 am

montgomery wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:I don’t know about anyone else but my loyalties lie with Unicornville.

Can’t do what?

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:27 am

montgomery wrote:
Were you expelled from school or something? No thoughts of going back? Sure, four years seems like a long time to get your high school diploma, but consider this: a possible life in a dead-end job is so much worse.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:45 am

montgomery wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:>> Other than that I’m still waiting

So let's get to it then! Where do your loyalties lie. Is America first with you or is America second?
This question has what to do with the Holocaust?
montgomery wrote:Oh, and if America isn't first then what country are you most loyal to?
America first, eh? I think I've heard that one before ... but, no, sorry, I am so over that {!#%@}. If I have to pick a country, I am most loyal of all to Nambia. I would like to be able to say Israel, but Mossad is late with my damn checks again, so until they get their act together, Nambia.
montgomery wrote:I'm done with balmoral and pretty much done with D-H too. The others are a little more descreet than you three so there's still some doubt about them.

Maybe they will be so proud about their answers that they will tell me?
Stop dodging, boy-genius ... let's hear about your ... investigations!

If you would actually read the posts people make here, you would find out that this board is not reserved for Americans. Hell, we even have a Canadian who posts here!

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:05 am

boy-genius claimed:
montgomery wrote:... I suggest that the IHR were at least at the front of the parade on exposing all the lies and exaggerations that have been abandoned....
he was asked:
apparently blowhard cannot point to a single thing IHR corrected; well played, boy-genius

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:16 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:boy-genius claimed:
montgomery wrote:... I suggest that the IHR were at least at the front of the parade on exposing all the lies and exaggerations that have been abandoned....
he was asked:
apparently blowhard cannot point to a single thing IHR corrected; well played, boy-genius
He's a real beauty, ain't he? :mrgreen:

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:21 am

I suppose it is mildly amusing to watch him blunder about and parade his particular variety of narcissism here. However, I am old enough to remember the time when this subforum had a different purpose - discussion of the Holocaust and related matters.

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:32 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:I suppose it is mildly amusing to watch him blunder about and parade his particular variety of narcissism here. However, I am old enough to remember the time when this subforum had a different purpose - discussion of the Holocaust and related matters.
Right, but that's when he had visitors (including chimps) who knew something about the subject.

This one couldn't make a patch on a proper chimp's arse.

montgomery
BANNED

Post by montgomery » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:02 pm

And then there is balmoral.

Stat.mech's most obedient minion!

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:06 pm

For sustained dodging you have a long ways to go to catch up to the real champs