Al

Discussions
psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Al

Post by psychiatry is a scam » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:56 pm

1867 - 1924
Last edited by psychiatry is a scam on Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Re: Alexander Lvovich Parvus

Post by Balmoral95 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:58 am

Really? Why?

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Re: Alexander

Post by psychiatry is a scam » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:31 am

cause
Last edited by psychiatry is a scam on Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:43 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote:cause he started what led to the end of europe
So my bookings for Paris in October are no good? Should I seek a refund?

I didn't see anything about this in the papers. :cry:

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Re: Alex

Post by psychiatry is a scam » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:47 am

its not
Last edited by psychiatry is a scam on Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:22 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote:the land will still be there , but its not europe
Truly a mind-boggler...

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Post by Gord » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:46 am

I just looked, and Europe is still there.

:phew:
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:27 am

I think I am in Europe. I think there are Europeans here. But just as truth isn’t truth, Europe isn't Europe. Who knew?
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Re: Al Lvo

Post by psychiatry is a scam » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:45 pm

anyway -
Last edited by psychiatry is a scam on Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:08 pm

I don’t know. I’ve checked my emotional give-a-{!#%@}’o’meter and it’s flat. Sorry.
“I noticed this morning that a group of our Landsberg friends have been given their freedom this morning. These include...Schubert, Jost and Nosske. Schubert confessed to...supervising the execution of about 800 Jews...(referring to the order to clean up Simferopol)...Schubert managed to kill all the Jews (by Christmas 1941). Nosske was the one the other defendants called the biggest bloodhound....
Noel, Noel, what the hell.”
Benjamin Ferencz in a letter to Telford Taylor, December 1951

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:09 pm

Maybe Europe will turn into Unicornville. That would be cool.
“I noticed this morning that a group of our Landsberg friends have been given their freedom this morning. These include...Schubert, Jost and Nosske. Schubert confessed to...supervising the execution of about 800 Jews...(referring to the order to clean up Simferopol)...Schubert managed to kill all the Jews (by Christmas 1941). Nosske was the one the other defendants called the biggest bloodhound....

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:22 pm

Balmoral95 wrote:

You need a refund. What’s the point of touring Paris if Paris isn’t there anymore? Then it’s just a tour.

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:58 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Balmoral95 wrote:

You need a refund. What’s the point of touring Paris if Paris isn’t there anymore? Then it’s just a tour.
I know. Europe isn't Europe, truth isn't truth... it's all too overwhelming....

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster
Location: At the hundredth meridian, where the great plains begin

Post by Jeff_36 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:45 am

gimme 10-15 minutes

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster

Post by Jeff_36 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:56 am

the short version - he was a revolutionary of vaguely left SDR persuasion in Russia, close to Trotsky in his pre-Bolshevik phase, who partook in the 1905 revolution. He gets sent to the clink, and subsequently lives out a period of exile in Germany, where he got into a monetary dispute with, of all people, Maxim Gorky (small {!#%@} world eh?). He later spends a few years in Istanbul, where he entered into a business partnership of sorts with Hans von Wangenheim, the German Ambassador to the Ottoman Empire. You see, in addition to being a revolutionary, Parvus was something of a brigand and supported himself financially in his exile by selling weapons.

Eventually, he dreams up a ploy (along with his pal Von Wangenheim) to secure Imperial German backing for the Bolsheviks, a revolutionary faction that Parvus knew to be the most fanatical, militaristic, and rugged of the numerous revolutionary movements in Russia at the time. Parvus knew Lenin by reputation, and felt he was unscrupulous enough to accept German aid. Von Wangenhiem sends said plan to the German General Staff, and the rest is history.
Last edited by Jeff_36 on Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster

Post by Jeff_36 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:06 am

Parvus did not bring about the Russian Revolution - Lenin could have just as easily been arrested and jailed as soon as he walked off the {!#%@} train. He was a bit player in a very important period in history. The blame for the Febuary Revolution should go, IMO, to Vladimir Sukhomlinov, who as Russian Minister of War presided over the disastrous early years of Russia's involvement in WWI. Had the military defeats not turned the opinion of those at the home front against the Czar, the ensuing coup would have lacked popular support. The October Revolution can be attributed - IMO - to Kerensky's failure to arrest and execute Lenin.

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:08 am

Jeff_36 wrote:the short version - he was a revolutionary of the left SDR party in Russia, close to Trotsky in his pre-Bolshevik phase, who partook in the 1905 revolution. He gets sent to the clink, and subsequently lives out a period of exile in Germany, where he got into a monetary dispute with, of all people, Maxim Gorky (small {!#%@} world eh?). He later spends a few years in Istanbul, where he entered into a business partnership of sorts with Hans von Wangenheim, the German Ambassador to the Ottoman Empire. You see, in addition to being a revolutionary, Parvus was something of a brigand and supported himself financially in his exile by selling weapons.

Eventually, he dreams up a ploy (along with his pal Von Wangenheim) to secure Imperial German backing for the Bolsheviks, a revolutionary faction that Parvus knew to be the most fanatical, militaristic, and rugged of the numerous revolutionary movements in Russia at the time. Parvus knew Lenin by reputation, and felt he was unscrupulous enough to accept German aid. Von Wangenhiem sends said plan to the German General Staff, and the rest is history.
Which somewhat glosses over accusations of his being in thrall to Berlin intelligence...

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster

Post by Jeff_36 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:12 am

Balmoral95 wrote:
Jeff_36 wrote:the short version - he was a revolutionary of the left SDR party in Russia, close to Trotsky in his pre-Bolshevik phase, who partook in the 1905 revolution. He gets sent to the clink, and subsequently lives out a period of exile in Germany, where he got into a monetary dispute with, of all people, Maxim Gorky (small {!#%@} world eh?). He later spends a few years in Istanbul, where he entered into a business partnership of sorts with Hans von Wangenheim, the German Ambassador to the Ottoman Empire. You see, in addition to being a revolutionary, Parvus was something of a brigand and supported himself financially in his exile by selling weapons.

Which somewhat glosses over accusations of his being in thrall to Berlin intelligence...
He was still someone with revolutionary ambitions. He was just self-interested enough to do business with the Germans whenever it suited him. I liken him to Whitey Bulger.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:05 am

See, Jeff, that was informative. Thank you and now perhaps this Psychiatry fellow can go back on his meds and breathe easier about the survival of Europe.

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:59 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:See, Jeff, that was informative. Thank you and now perhaps this Psychiatry fellow can go back on his meds and breathe easier about the survival of Europe.
I always thought Europe did just a fine job immolating itself over the last 1,00 years... had no idea it came down to one shady character of dubious notoriety.

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster

Post by Jeff_36 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:42 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:See, Jeff, that was informative. Thank you and now perhaps this Psychiatry fellow can go back on his meds and breathe easier about the survival of Europe.
What upsets me the most is the fact that he thinks Europe "died" in 1917. No, the Russian Revolution was a cataclysmic disaster for Russia and it's people, but Communism in the inter-war years was overblown as a threat - 22 years after the Revolution there were no communist states in the world apart from the USSR, which was tearing itself to shreds (Bela Kun's 35 second epic failure of a dictatorship doesn't count). Fascism, was by far the more successful anti-democratic menace, and in hindsight the fact that more people at the time didn't clue in to that fact is baffling. It was the Nazi war against Poland and Eastern Europe that enabled communism to become a threat after the war ended - an unfortunate side effect of victory, but preferable to Nazi control over the entire continent, from the Urals to the Channel.

Short version: Far from dying, Europe rallied from the 1917 revolution to prevent the spread of communism, waged a successful war against fascism (communism's even-more-brutal twin brother), and stared down the Soviet threat during the cold war, presiding over the fall of the Berlin Wall and the ruin of the USSR 45 years later.

I see no defeat here.

EDIT: Or maybe the guy is nuts and I'm reading into it a bit too much.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:21 am

He’s nuts.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:41 pm

But I did find what you wrote informative. I know the Germans funneled cash to the Bolsheviks to help boost them into power.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:44 pm

Duplicate
Last edited by Jeffk 1970 on Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:45 pm

Duplicate

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Post by psychiatry is a scam » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:10 am

not 1917 -- the immolating itself over the past 1000 years is more what i believe .

millions of Europeans
Last edited by psychiatry is a scam on Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:26 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote: why is my being nuts a factor ?
Your psychiatric illness causes you to post things, that no one else on the forum can follow, or have a clue what you are trying to say.

Your refusal to post links to the topic you are trying to discuss, doesn't help either.

If you continue to refuse to see any psychiatrist, this will simply get worse and worse until people just ignore all your posts.

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:57 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote:
Jeff_36 wrote:
What upsets me the most is the fact that he thinks Europe "died" in 1917. No, the Russian Revolution was a cataclysmic disaster for Russia and it's people, but Communism in the inter-war years was overblown as a threat - 22 years after the Revolution there were no communist states in the world apart from the USSR, which was tearing itself to shreds (Bela Kun's 35 second epic failure of a dictatorship doesn't count). Fascism, was by far the more successful anti-democratic menace, and in hindsight the fact that more people at the time didn't clue in to that fact is baffling. It was the Nazi war against Poland and Eastern Europe that enabled communism to become a threat after the war ended - an unfortunate side effect of victory, but preferable to Nazi control over the entire continent, from the Urals to the Channel.

Short version: Far from dying, Europe rallied from the 1917 revolution to prevent the spread of communism, waged a successful war against fascism (communism's even-more-brutal twin brother), and stared down the Soviet threat during the cold war, presiding over the fall of the Berlin Wall and the ruin of the USSR 45 years later.

I see no defeat here.

not 1917 -- the immolating itself over the past 1000 years is more what i believe .
im suggesting why not talk about the people who started the disaster (ww1 and 2) , instead of denying it.

why is my being nuts a factor ?

you see no defeat in millions of europeans killing each other ?

Nope, it's tradition, sometimes mitigated, sometimes not.

And everyone here talks about the world wars, not as a full stop but as part of the historical continuum. Basically all that died during WW1 was a few million folk and a few moth-eaten monarchies and their attendant empires, par exampe.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:49 am

>> im suggesting why not talk about the people who started the disaster (ww1 and 2) , instead of denying it.

But you didn't even mention "the people who started the disaster (ww1 and 2)" in this thread. How was anyone to guess that you wanted to discuss them?

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:07 am

Jeff_36 wrote:

I see no defeat here.

im suggesting why not talk about the people who started the disaster (ww1 and 2) , instead of denying it.

why is my being nuts a factor ?

you see no defeat in millions of europeans killing each other ?
Well, Hitler started all the shenanigans by invading Poland on September 1st, 1939 and Austria-Hungary started the shenanigans by declaring war on Serbia on July 28th, 1914. Now we can go into causes and who’s responsible but that’s the gist of it.

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Re: Al

Post by psychiatry is a scam » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:44 am

denying
Last edited by psychiatry is a scam on Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:49 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:>> im suggesting why not talk about the people who started the disaster (ww1 and 2) , instead of denying it.

But you didn't even mention "the people who started the disaster (ww1 and 2)" in this thread. How was anyone to guess that you wanted to discuss them?
guess im so stupid i have no right to exist - stupid pple can be too stupid to realize how stupid they are - plus i may have dementia ; but again :-/

anyway as an example of how stupid i am . no one with half a drop of sense wood say this.

Israel Lazarevich Gelfand was a bit player according to someone here . hmmm

lets say 99.9% of the victims of nazis were totally innocent .
that means 1000 out of every million were like Gelfand

what i don't understand -- why deny the holocaust ?

why not document the 1000s of people like I L GELFAND , who in hindsight made mistakes
See, I just feel bad for you. I hope you are under the care of a doctor.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:11 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:>> im suggesting why not talk about the people who started the disaster (ww1 and 2) , instead of denying it.
Good point.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:15 am

>> why not document the 1000s of people like I L GELFAND , who in hindsight made mistakes

Well, for one thing Gelfand-Parvus died in the '20s. For another, he's not important to the foreign and military policy of the Third Reich, a government that came into power nearly a decade after he'd passed away. But what makes you think that "people . . . who . . . made mistakes" during the era of the Third Reich haven't been "documented" and discussed?

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Post by Gord » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:40 pm

Who is "Al"?

I'm so confused....
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:51 pm

Gord wrote:Who is "Al"?

I'm so confused....
[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq-gYOrU8bA[/bbvideo]

or maybe . . .
[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsUloFk3nCw[/bbvideo]

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Post by psychiatry is a scam » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:48 am

tired
Last edited by psychiatry is a scam on Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:10 am

Okay, did any one of you guys change the designation of this sub-forum to read "Sonnenstein Society Forum" in the last week or so?

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:20 am

LOL