The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Discussions
bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:21 pm

Who has consistently REFUSED any partitioning of the land?
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

montgomery
BANNED

Post by montgomery » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:17 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Who has consistently REFUSED any partitioning of the land?
I'm embarrassed for you when you try to argue the Zionist side. The rest of the world isn't buying this crap.

I hope your first interest is America because it will be a shame if a big piece of America becomes a glass parking lot for the sake of that foreign apartheid regime.

Your short attempt at an answer doesn't tell me what your schtick is so I'll watch you for a while to see if you have any interest in the furure good of your country. Or what makes Stat.mech. tick is the same with you?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:29 am

Well monty, your position is simple factless denial. In that, you miss anything that is interesting or relevant to discuss. So, I won't.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

montgomery
BANNED

Post by montgomery » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:48 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Well monty, your position is simple factless denial. In that, you miss anything that is interesting or relevant to discuss. So, I won't.
Well bobbo, that non-answer will serve very well as your answer. It must be that it's not America first! Or are you just being arrogant and pouty about being asked?

Must be the latter because there's no reason any real American would refuse to say that his country is first. Maybe you want to think on it for a while bobbo?

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:48 am

montgomery wrote:Or what makes Stat.mech. tick is the same with you?
Jesus wept.
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

montgomery
BANNED

Post by montgomery » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:16 pm

A look at MEMRI and it's motives. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOSpQXOpl2g
Just too many Americans aren't making America first and here's one of the main culprits that is behind the problem.

Also, the vid that follows with crazy Alex is worth watching.

montgomery
BANNED

Post by montgomery » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:56 pm

Antiwar.com is continually exposing the fact that Netanyahu and his Zionist agenda is not in tune with America's best interests. https://news.antiwar.com/2018/09/03/net ... for-unrwa/
And Trump is appearing to be the perfect patsy that is willing to go along with it.

The obvious danger in following along with the Zionist agenda is that they are becoming more insistent that America starts a real war with Syria, and then Iran to follow. And the trouble with that is that Russia and China have their own interests in not seeing America's and Israel's interests expanded in the ME. Support of Zionism at the risk of a very real war between nuclear powers, needs to be reconsidered. Support of the Zionist agenda because of what happened over 70 years ago is doing a lot to make Netanyahu and his ilk worth supporting due to that long expired pitying. It's time for all Americans to let it go and start seeing the Zionist agenda as the expansion of Israel agenda, as it has always been.

That's a big part of my own personal agenda of toning down the reckless promotion of the holocaust. The truth can stand alone and it doesn't need constant embellishment by this forum's task master. Antiwar.com has a story nearly every day about telling us how we really should be taking note of what Israel is up to.

It's all about putting America first.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:09 am

Maybe I skimmed too fast but I didn't see any reference in the links to America starting a war with Syria and Iran. Maybe a comment that Netanyahu would "like it"? Seems a bit hysterical to me.

Lots to digest from the various links. In the main, seems to me that relief efforts should be provided on the basis of need rather than political or historical status claims?

………….and in my view: Right of Return should be off the table. As such, recognition of that fact is necessary for peace to be achieved in the ME. Show me an example of any other Nation in History offering its enemies a right of return?

Get real....…..or get war.

Enemies: those who have fought to wipe Israel from the map and those who agitate for the same. Most people in any population are not "enemies" but most people in most populations are driven by the attitudes of their "leaders." Its the price we pay for socialization.

Denying-History
Veteran Poster

Post by Denying-History » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:58 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
montgomery wrote:Or what makes Stat.mech. tick is the same with you?
Jesus wept.
I think at this point he's rolling in his grave.
« The Terror here is a horrifying fact. There is a fear that reaches down and haunts all sections of the community. No household, however humble, apparently but what lives in constant fear of nocturnal raid by the secret police. . .This particular purge is undoubtedly political. . . It is deliberately projected by the party leaders, who themselves regretted the necessity for it. »
Joseph E. Davies

montgomery
BANNED

Post by montgomery » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:07 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Maybe I skimmed too fast but I didn't see any reference in the links to America starting a war with Syria and Iran. Maybe a comment that Netanyahu would "like it"? Seems a bit hysterical to me.

Lots to digest from the various links. In the main, seems to me that relief efforts should be provided on the basis of need rather than political or historical status claims?

………….and in my view: Right of Return should be off the table. As such, recognition of that fact is necessary for peace to be achieved in the ME. Show me an example of any other Nation in History offering its enemies a right of return?

Enemies: those who have fought to wipe Israel from the map and those who agitate for the same. Most people in any population are not "enemies" but most people in most populations are driven by the attitudes of their "leaders." Its the price we pay for socialization.
Actually Obama blew America's last chance for war on Syria by making an agreement between him, Putin, and Assad to get rid of Syria's chem/bio weapoons. Assad complied even though the U.S. has tried numerous times to make it look like Syria has used chem/bio weapons. Assad hasn't and nothing could be stupider for the sake of his country.

Now Russia and China have a presence in Syria by invitation and the U.S. is there illegally. I like to call Obama a traitor to his country for making the deal with Putin and Assad. But he's what I call a good traitor.

The Zionists are trying more regularly now to get a hot war started by aerial aggression across Syria's borders and will eventually have a plane or two of theirs shot down. But so far Syria hasn't responded with any serious defensive measures. Russia has provided Syria with the missile technology but it hasn't been used yet. The consequences could be the unthinkable.

That's what the unconditional support of the Zionist regime could mean for America. Some of the closeminded schlunks on this board need to thing again about what they're supporting.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:15 am

Thanks Monty: more substantive, but not really responsive to the core issues of your last post that my post is responding to: the basis for defunding the UN support program.

Thats ok.....but discussion requires connection. If the USA support for Zion was unconditional, wouldn't USA already be at war with Russia and China in Syria?...…..But we aren't.

Get real....….or get war.

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:22 am

montgomery wrote:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Maybe I skimmed too fast but I didn't see any reference in the links to America starting a war with Syria and Iran. Maybe a comment that Netanyahu would "like it"? Seems a bit hysterical to me.

Actually Obama blew America's last chance for war on Syria by making an agreement between him, Putin, and Assad to get rid of Syria's chem/bio weapoons. Assad complied even though the U.S. has tried numerous times to make it look like Syria has used chem/bio weapons. Assad hasn't and nothing could be stupider for the sake of his country.

Now Russia and China have a presence in Syria by invitation and the U.S. is there illegally. I like to call Obama a traitor to his country for making the deal with Putin and Assad. But he's what I call a good traitor.

The Zionists are trying more regularly now to get a hot war started by aerial aggression across Syria's borders and will eventually have a plane or two of theirs shot down. But so far Syria hasn't responded with any serious defensive measures. Russia has provided Syria with the missile technology but it hasn't been used yet. The consequences could be the unthinkable.

That's what the unconditional support of the Zionist regime could mean for America. Some of the closeminded schlunks on this board need to thing again about what they're supporting.
Ever been to the Middle East, Monty? Just curious.

montgomery
BANNED

Post by montgomery » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:32 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Thanks Monty: more substantive, but not really responsive to the core issues of your last post that my post is responding to: the basis for defunding the UN support program.
How presumptious of you to think I was trying to what you call your core issues.
Thats ok.....but discussion requires connection. If the USA support for Zion was unconditional, wouldn't USA already be at war with Russia and China in Syria?...…..But we aren't.
No, of course not. Didn't you read and understand what I said? Russia says no way and they mean business. America can't win that kind of war and isn't going to risk trying. Russia doesn't want that kind of war and in fact most likely never did. They never really were coming!
Get real....….or get war.
What the he-- is that supposed to mean? Maybe you mean, get real and prevent a war'? Reality is that America's nearly 40th. war since WW2 alone is America's last war. War with Syria is war with Russia and/or China. Iran is out as far as I can see. Even war with Venezuela will have to be soon if it's going to happen.

Just as America has taken the apartheid regime under it's wing, the other superpowers are gathering in their small non-nuclear allies to their protective wings. It's the world's future.

montgomery
BANNED

Post by montgomery » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:35 am

Balmoral95 wrote:
montgomery wrote:
Does you mother know what you're doing with that computer in her basement balmoral?

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:40 am

montgomery wrote:
Balmoral95 wrote:
montgomery wrote:
Does you mother know what you're doing with that computer in her basement balmoral?

My mother is dead. She lived in a nursing home beforehand.

Now was that polite?

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:04 am

Hmm, Monty left... Strange.

Anyone else here been to the ME?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:41 am

I spent some time in Incirlik the USAF air base in Southern Turkey....has the feel of the middle East but a bit North?, as does Morocco but a bit West? Spent 12 hours in Beirut....looked nice. A month in Iran...also a middle East feel but a bit East? Several trips to Ethiopia....a bit South but no feel of the ME to me. Flew into Tel Aviv once....no feel of the ME at all.

I'm looking forward to a good virtual reality program to give me all the feel I need.

Denying-History
Veteran Poster

Post by Denying-History » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:44 am

Balmoral95 wrote:Hmm, Monty left... Strange.

I fail to see the loss.
« The Terror here is a horrifying fact. There is a fear that reaches down and haunts all sections of the community. No household, however humble, apparently but what lives in constant fear of nocturnal raid by the secret police. . .This particular purge is undoubtedly political. . . It is deliberately projected by the party leaders, who themselves regretted the necessity for it. »
Joseph E. Davies

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:48 am

Denying-History wrote:
Balmoral95 wrote:Hmm, Monty left... Strange.

I fail to see the loss.
He came back about 30 minutes later and left again. Apparently he doesn't want to discuss manners anymore.

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:35 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:I spent some time in Incirlik the USAF air base in Southern Turkey....has the feel of the middle East but a bit North?, as does Morocco but a bit West? Spent 12 hours in Beirut....looked nice. A month in Iran...also a middle East feel but a bit East? Several trips to Ethiopia....a bit South but no feel of the ME to me. Flew into Tel Aviv once....no feel of the ME at all.

I'm looking forward to a good virtual reality program to give me all the feel I need.
I haven't any feel for it either.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:13 am

I'm probably kidding myself because in essence I was only a short stay tourist everywhere I went but my "feeling" is that the general population, atleast in ciities, at least around air bases, is that they are entirely subjugated and beat up. Lots of dirt poor poverty everywhere I went.

My good luck to be an American "hit me" in an elevator ride going down to check out with a bag boy/man (In Tehran just before the Shaw was ousted) how many days a week he worked and how many hours a day as he always looked tired. He responded: I work 12 hours a day 364 days a year. I forget what day he got off......sounds like maybe his birth day???? I thought to myself: "How successful/what kind of life could I have in this society?" and I thought: None. A year earlier, same town, I met an officer like myself and he took me home to his wife for dinner then we went for a coffee with his mistress. Mistress was closeted in a 10x10 room evidently on call for her Masters slightest urge? I smiled and was polite but was totally repulsed.

I walked almost all the streets of Incirlik Turkey. Poverty and bare existence everywhere. Again: no life for me there.

Its like Sam Kinnison said: "YOU LIVE IN THE DESERT!!!!!!!" No life at all for a westerner. I mean having to pray is one thing.....but FIVE TIMES A DAY? Thats like: excessive.

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:24 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:I'm probably kidding myself because in essence I was only a short stay tourist everywhere I went but my "feeling" is that the general population, atleast in ciities, at least around air bases, is that they are entirely subjugated and beat up. Lots of dirt poor poverty everywhere I went.

My good luck to be an American "hit me" in an elevator ride going down to check out with a bag boy/man (In Tehran just before the Shaw was ousted) how many days a week he worked and how many hours a day as he always looked tired. He responded: I work 12 hours a day 364 days a year. I forget what day he got off......sounds like maybe his birth day???? I thought to myself: "How successful/what kind of life could I have in this society?" and I thought: None. A year earlier, same town, I met an officer like myself and he took me home to his wife for dinner then we went for a coffee with his mistress. Mistress was closeted in a 10x10 room evidently on call for her Masters slightest urge? I smiled and was polite but was totally repulsed.

I walked almost all the streets of Incirlik Turkey. Poverty and bare existence everywhere. Again: no life for me there.

Its like Sam Kinnison said: "YOU LIVE IN THE DESERT!!!!!!!" No life at all for a westerner. I mean having to pray is one thing.....but FIVE TIMES A DAY? Thats like: excessive.
My late grandfather was there (Morrocco, Algeria, Libya, Tunisia) during WW2... He had some scrapbooks of photos of the local life. Very poor villages, still some nomadic herder types. Cities look liked like abject poverty to a wealthier merchant class.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:15 am

Yes....actually, every place I've been "that had a city"...…..outside of Mexico I could say: had some kind of "life" to it. Restaurants, coffee bar, music lounge. A few have some money to spend...but not most. I may be jaundiced, but outside of tropical areas where food grows to abundance wild on the trees.....life can be a real strain. Then add the oppression of gubments (wealth appropriation) and oppression of religion (imagination appropriation) and a life worth having is a bit unusual. Now...….throw in a hot/kinetic war....and you have misery no matter where you are.

Its probably more definitional than I am giving credit to? Happiness compared to what...…..you expected?

montgomery
BANNED

Post by montgomery » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:11 pm

Did I raise some issues in my last post here that struck home bobbo?

Maybe somebody will want to talk about those very serious issues for America later?

I will say though, it must be quite unsettling for many Americas to have to come to the realization that America can no longer march roughshod over the rest of the world. Especially to military or ex-military folk who have the 'invincible' attitude installed in their heads.

MAD has changed everything. Instead of jumping right into wars we are given the time to weigh the decision to go to war, and that uncovers many uncomfortable truths. Unfortunately, America's support of apartheid regime has support that is uncommon to other situations. That's the reason why the 70 year old story must not be allowed to be laid to rest. Regardless of it's merits or lack of.

montgomery
BANNED

Post by montgomery » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:12 pm

Some Breaking News' I've just read:
"IDF has forced the Jerusalem Post to remove its explosive report on the Israeli military giving weapons to the Syrian rebels, the newspaper’s managing editor confirmed to RT."

RT news has the story. It should appear at other news sources shortly. Political reform could come to Israel!

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:51 am

[quote="montgomery"]Did I raise some issues in my last post here that struck home bobbo? /// By the application of my own concerns? Yes. By what you actually posted? No. You are too off point and scattered. You wring your hands in whining concern but have no path, no solutions. Just noise.

Maybe somebody will want to talk about those very serious issues for America later? //// Ha, ha....making my very point. Why don't YOU talk about those very serious issues NOW?

I will say though, it must be quite unsettling for many Americas to have to come to the realization that America can no longer march roughshod over the rest of the world. Especially to military or ex-military folk who have the 'invincible' attitude installed in their heads. //// OR.......riding roughshod is all USA knows how to do which makes continued military excursions that much more dangerous. I agree....as the Worlds economies flatten out and nations beccome more equal on a variety of variables, the power of USA to act unilaterally becomes more obviously limited. We can only hope though that USA actually recognizes this and moderates its own behavior. If Trump weren't such a Bull in a China Shop, he could have started this process.....but he doesn't know what a china shop is.

MAD has changed everything. Instead of jumping right into wars we are given the time to weigh the decision to go to war, and that uncovers many uncomfortable truths. //// USA with allies and unilaterally has initiated many "conflicts" during the MAD recognition. In very real sense kinetic WAR has morphed into cyberwar and economic conflict. More subtle but just as damaging potentially and for real. Yes, avoiding a Nuclear Exchange has occurred so far and famously the workd has never been more peaceful. Seems to me, most truths are plain for those who want to see.

Unfortunately, America's support of apartheid regime has support that is uncommon to other situations. /// No. USA support for all sorts of nasty regimes is common, identified, and well known. Support for the Palestinians wanting all the homelands for themselves would be such an evil support of worse than apartheid but actually genocidal regimes. Geopolitics is not the naive choice you present of good vs evil but rather a ranking of the evils.

That's the reason why the 70 year old story must not be allowed to be laid to rest. Regardless of it's merits or lack of. /// What does regardless of merit mean?

You are too vague and pointless.

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster
Location: At the hundredth meridian, where the great plains begin

Post by Jeff_36 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:32 am

montgomery wrote:Some Breaking News' I've just read:
"IDF has forced the Jerusalem Post to remove its explosive report on the Israeli military giving weapons to the Syrian rebels, the newspaper’s managing editor confirmed to RT."

RT news has the story. It should appear at other news sources shortly. Political reform could come to Israel!
RT is trash. However, Isreali support for a number of rebel factions has been an open secret for several years now.

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster

Post by Jeff_36 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:34 am

montgomery wrote:
Balmoral95 wrote:
montgomery wrote:
Did your last welfare cheque bounce?

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:39 am

RT is trash
Indeed. And boy wonder quoting it as gospel says something about it's readership. :mrgreen:

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:44 am

I like RT. No observable bias in my view unless the subject is very directly Putin or Russia and then....the bias comes no where near to Faux although that is no standard that brings any light to an issue. Not even BBC or NPR covers some of the African news that RT does. RT had specials on Glosphate affects years before the news just now hitting and being covered up in the USA press.

To be fair: I assume all news is biased. So, being clearly identified up front is good. RT is biased towards Russia. Faux Spews is biased towards Fake.

I mean: Just LOOK! Include all biased news sources and pick out the "facts against interest" and build your comedy pyramid from those factoids. Not filtering what news you get yourself, could open new doors of info/perception???

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:51 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:I like RT. No observable bias in my view unless the subject is very directly Putin or Russia and then....the bias comes no where near to Faux although that is no standard that brings any light to an issue. Not even BBC or NPR covers some of the African news that RT does. RT had specials on Glosphate affects years before the news just now hitting and being covered up in the USA press.

To be fair: I assume all news is biased. So, being clearly identified up front is good. RT is biased towards Russia. Faux Spews is biased towards Fake.

I mean: Just LOOK! Include all biased news sources and pick out the "facts against interest" and build your comedy pyramid from those factoids. Not filtering what news you get yourself, could open new doors of info/perception???
Sure, they all have some strengths and manifold weaknesses as well as bias. As for worldwide coverage, there"probably nothing more useless than the big 3 US cable outlets.

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:55 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:I like RT. No observable bias in my view unless the subject is very directly Putin or Russia and then....the bias comes no where near to Faux although that is no standard that brings any light to an issue. Not even BBC or NPR covers some of the African news that RT does. RT had specials on Glosphate affects years before the news just now hitting and being covered up in the USA press.

Sure, they all have some strengths and manifold weaknesses as well as bias. As for worldwide coverage, there's probably nothing more useless than the big 3 US cable outlets.

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster

Post by Jeff_36 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:15 am

Balmoral95 wrote:
RT is trash
Indeed. And boy wonder quoting it as gospel says something about it's readership. :mrgreen:
Is metapedia next? :lol:

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:22 am

Jeff_36 wrote:
Balmoral95 wrote:
RT is trash
He's apparently not a big reader :mrgreen:

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster

Post by Jeff_36 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:38 am

Balmoral95 wrote:
Jeff_36 wrote:
Balmoral95 wrote:
RT is trash
montgomery wrote:Well, you know, I love to read. Actually, I'm looking at a book, I'm reading a book, I'm trying to get started. Every time I do about a half a page, I get a phone call that there's some emergency, this or that. But we're going to see the home of Andrew Jackson today in Tennessee and I'm reading a book on Andrew Jackson. I love to read. I don't get to read very much, Tucker, because I'm working very hard on lots of different things, including getting costs down. The costs of our country are out of control. But we have a lot of great things happening, we have a lot of tremendous things happening."

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:44 am

montgomery wrote:
Well, you know, I love to read. Actually, I'm looking at a book, I'm reading a book, I'm trying to get started. Every time I do about a half a page, I get a phone call that there's some emergency, this or that. But we're going to see the home of Andrew Jackson today in Tennessee and I'm reading a book on Andrew Jackson. I love to read. I don't get to read very much, Tucker, because I'm working very hard on lots of different things, including getting costs down. The costs of our country are out of control. But we have a lot of great things happening, we have a lot of tremendous things happening."
That "sounds like" Monty is quoting Trump?? although.....I also like the look of a book. I have several shelves of books just for that purpose. You know: like a grand piano.

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:52 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
montgomery wrote:
Well, you know, I love to read. Actually, I'm looking at a book, I'm reading a book, I'm trying to get started. Every time I do about a half a page, I get a phone call that there's some emergency, this or that. But we're going to see the home of Andrew Jackson today in Tennessee and I'm reading a book on Andrew Jackson. I love to read. I don't get to read very much, Tucker, because I'm working very hard on lots of different things, including getting costs down. The costs of our country are out of control. But we have a lot of great things happening, we have a lot of tremendous things happening."
That "sounds like" Monty is quoting Trump?? although.....I also like the look of a book. I have several shelves of books just for that purpose. You know: like a grand piano.
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... _book.html

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:57 am

I think I have only read maybe 5 books front to cover since leaving college? what I read fully is reviews and synopses of books. Magazine articles. Goggle hits. Even paperbacks shoved in my back pocket for reading in line or while waiting anywhere are generally lost half way through. And there is so much of great value and wonder to read that I will never even get the summary of.

So much (of everything) out there. So little time...……...

montgomery
BANNED

Post by montgomery » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:58 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
montgomery wrote:Did I raise some issues in my last post here that struck home bobbo? /// By the application of my own concerns? Yes. By what you actually posted? No. You are too off point and scattered. You wring your hands in whining concern but have no path, no solutions. Just noise.

Maybe somebody will want to talk about those very serious issues for America later? //// Ha, ha....making my very point. Why don't YOU talk about those very serious issues NOW?

I will say though, it must be quite unsettling for many Americas to have to come to the realization that America can no longer march roughshod over the rest of the world. Especially to military or ex-military folk who have the 'invincible' attitude installed in their heads. //// OR.......riding roughshod is all USA knows how to do which makes continued military excursions that much more dangerous. I agree....as the Worlds economies flatten out and nations beccome more equal on a variety of variables, the power of USA to act unilaterally becomes more obviously limited. We can only hope though that USA actually recognizes this and moderates its own behavior. If Trump weren't such a Bull in a China Shop, he could have started this process.....but he doesn't know what a china shop is.

MAD has changed everything. Instead of jumping right into wars we are given the time to weigh the decision to go to war, and that uncovers many uncomfortable truths. //// USA with allies and unilaterally has initiated many "conflicts" during the MAD recognition. In very real sense kinetic WAR has morphed into cyberwar and economic conflict. More subtle but just as damaging potentially and for real. Yes, avoiding a Nuclear Exchange has occurred so far and famously the workd has never been more peaceful. Seems to me, most truths are plain for those who want to see.

Unfortunately, America's support of apartheid regime has support that is uncommon to other situations. /// No. USA support for all sorts of nasty regimes is common, identified, and well known. Support for the Palestinians wanting all the homelands for themselves would be such an evil support of worse than apartheid but actually genocidal regimes. Geopolitics is not the naive choice you present of good vs evil but rather a ranking of the evils.

That's the reason why the 70 year old story must not be allowed to be laid to rest. Regardless of it's merits or lack of. /// What does regardless of merit mean?

You are too vague and pointless.
I commend you for being able to understand what I've said. If it proves out that I have an educated audience then I'll get into more detail which will help to alleviate your concern of me being too off-point and scattered. For a quick return of your ignorant insulting I'll just say that you have a one track mind of supporting Zionist evil. Anyway, let's see if we can rise above that.

Yes, as you put it, "Yes, avoiding a Nuclear Exchange has occurred so far..............." I don't imagine it as occurred but it was a real enlightening moment for me to hear that!

The U.S. support for the apartheid regime isn't common to any other U.S. immoral or illegal support for another country. Any other country that is supported by the U.S. is because of the Nato conjob (ask for an explanation) or in the case of any others, for America's strategic interests.

Personally, I don't support the Palestinians having all their homeland for themselves. But I'm sure they are taking a proper position in respect to not giving up any bargaining chips at any stage of the game until victory is obtained. And especiallly in this case where they have already had their land stolen from them and settled upoon by the Zionist regime.

And so did you make any other earth shattering points in you remarks? No, not really. Except with the part where you agreed with me and parroted my remarks.

You're not all that smart pal so don't pretend you are with your silly insults. If you bother to address me again with something of substance, pull in your horns.

Oh, and regardless of merit means what it says. Regardless of the merit of 'all' of their claims.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:16 am

Jeff_36 wrote:
Balmoral95 wrote:
Jeff_36 wrote:
Balmoral95 wrote:
RT is trash
montgomery wrote:Well, you know, I love to read. Actually, I'm looking at a book, I'm reading a book, I'm trying to get started. Every time I do about a half a page, I get a phone call that there's some emergency, this or that. But we're going to see the home of Andrew Jackson today in Tennessee and I'm reading a book on Andrew Jackson. I love to read. I don't get to read very much, Tucker, because I'm working very hard on lots of different things, including getting costs down. The costs of our country are out of control. But we have a lot of great things happening, we have a lot of tremendous things happening."
Judging from his responses to Nessie in the Gas Chamber discussion and me in the "EG's" thread, montgomery reads very slowly and not very well.
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"