The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Discussions
bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 15605
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:53 am

Its your subforum. Fly your flag.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9588
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:36 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
A loose thread from the discussion: the HD group has a deserved reputation throughout the Forum of having real expertise on that subject.
Damn skippy we do. We’re so good we chased the deniers from the Holocaust Denial Subforum.
“I have noted and commented on that expertise. Its limitation: no oracle.
Da fuq does that even mean?
Its fun to muse on what one actually does learn from History? History.
You know what you learn when you study the alphabet?
The alphabet.

You know what you learn when you study cooking?
How to cook stuff.
so varied and open to interpretation it all too often appears to me to provide only the most common sensible notions or is only a source to pick and choose "facts" to support whatever position is desired. Kinda aggravating?
You know what else is aggravating?

:mrgreen:
“I noticed this morning that a group of our Landsberg friends have been given their freedom this morning. These include...Schubert, Jost and Nosske. Schubert confessed to...supervising the execution of about 800 Jews...(referring to the order to clean up Simferopol)...Schubert managed to kill all the Jews (by Christmas 1941). Nosske was the one the other defendants called the biggest bloodhound....
Noel, Noel, what the hell.”
Benjamin Ferencz in a letter to Telford Taylor, December 1951

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9588
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:44 am

Back to music...
“I noticed this morning that a group of our Landsberg friends have been given their freedom this morning. These include...Schubert, Jost and Nosske. Schubert confessed to...supervising the execution of about 800 Jews...(referring to the order to clean up Simferopol)...Schubert managed to kill all the Jews (by Christmas 1941). Nosske was the one the other defendants called the biggest bloodhound....
Noel, Noel, what the hell.”
Benjamin Ferencz in a letter to Telford Taylor, December 1951

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2469
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:14 am
Location: The Free Nambia Healthcare Nirvana

Re: The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Post by Balmoral95 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:45 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Its your subforum. Fly your flag.
Image

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 15605
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:22 am

Lets stick to topic shall we? If you have a thought behind your venom: share it here:

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=29464
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23266
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:01 am

"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 15605
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:40 am

Stat Mech: stop posting irrelevant material. Put your venom on the Inbred thread. Don't forget to copy and paste.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Sergey_Romanov
Regular Poster
Posts: 580
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:15 am

Re: The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Post by Sergey_Romanov » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:26 am


bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 15605
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:31 am

Seems relevant in some way, but I didn't get it. More freedom of expression in Israel than Palestine? Thats my impression. Course, even with freedom, you have to have the money.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9588
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:18 pm

“I noticed this morning that a group of our Landsberg friends have been given their freedom this morning. These include...Schubert, Jost and Nosske. Schubert confessed to...supervising the execution of about 800 Jews...(referring to the order to clean up Simferopol)...Schubert managed to kill all the Jews (by Christmas 1941). Nosske was the one the other defendants called the biggest bloodhound....
Noel, Noel, what the hell.”
Benjamin Ferencz in a letter to Telford Taylor, December 1951

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 15605
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:27 pm

I wish Fraud in the USA rose as high as it does in Israel.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23266
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:16 pm

This is, IMO, incitement, not for racial or religious reasons, and, despite Milo's clear urging, probably doesn't fall under the imminent harm doctrine in the US, but I believe that this is speech that should be punishable. This is where I diverge from US case law on First Amendment rights; another instance would be the Westboro Church's antics.
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 15605
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:00 am

Reporters were targeted just a few hours ago...….. Upshot (sic) being that what Milo and his ilk could say This Morning, he may no longer be allowed to say this evening. Imminent unlawful behavior is a moving/sensitive target.

the urging to kill specific groups is much more a danger than is the merely unpleasant speech of Westborough. Westborough more a freak show?...………..
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23266
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:21 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Balsamo wrote:Bobo:
Only the USA has a First Amendment so....you make an argument that reveals objective error on your part, and a few Straw Men and your entire position collapses.
Well i never pretended to be an expert on your country where it is a liberty to own guns and apparently "to use them" when your are upset.
At the core, you consider the 1st Am = Freedom = free speech.
In my foreign view it is just an interpretation of those liberties. . . . .
Your foreign view comports well with my 'merican view. The friggin' first amendment has been contested through history. You're right, Balsamo . . . free speech is not synonymous with the first amendment, not even in the parochial USA. The standard articulated in Schenck (1919) revised earlier understandings of what the first amendment meant - and, at a high level, Schenck was further refined/revised in Brandenburg (1969).
This kind of relates, getting at Facebook's control of public discourse via community standards and its continued inability to understand even what FB is . . . as well as discussion we've had about sanitizing history . . . "Facebook labels declaration of independence as 'hate speech'":
In the run-up to the Fourth of July, the Liberty Country Vindicator, a small local newspaper in Texas, posted sections of the declaration of the independence to its Facebook page, in a bid to encourage discussion of US history among its readership.

What must have seemed like a benign social media strategy managed to fall foul of Facebook’s algorithmic censors, which labeled sections of the declaration hate speech and removed the posts.

Facebook alerted the Vindicator to let them know that the section of the declaration that includes a reference to “merciless Indian savages” was a violation of their community standards.

The declaration’s passage has often been cited as an encapsulation of the dehumanising attitude toward indigenous Americans that the US was founded on. Facebook’s removal of the section arguably put the Vindicator in a position of whitewashing history.
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 15605
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:14 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote: Facebook’s removal of the section arguably put the Vindicator in a position of whitewashing history.
[/quote]
I can't imagine or manufacture an argument otherwise.

Reality, including almost without exception how Nation States are formed, is harsh to any modern sensitivity....... and full of hate. Its what hoomans do......
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9588
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:12 am

Nathan retweeted this. I’ve already posted it but it’s worth putting here.
https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.pr ... -1.6366354
“I noticed this morning that a group of our Landsberg friends have been given their freedom this morning. These include...Schubert, Jost and Nosske. Schubert confessed to...supervising the execution of about 800 Jews...(referring to the order to clean up Simferopol)...Schubert managed to kill all the Jews (by Christmas 1941). Nosske was the one the other defendants called the biggest bloodhound....
Noel, Noel, what the hell.”
Benjamin Ferencz in a letter to Telford Taylor, December 1951

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9588
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:36 pm

“I noticed this morning that a group of our Landsberg friends have been given their freedom this morning. These include...Schubert, Jost and Nosske. Schubert confessed to...supervising the execution of about 800 Jews...(referring to the order to clean up Simferopol)...Schubert managed to kill all the Jews (by Christmas 1941). Nosske was the one the other defendants called the biggest bloodhound....
Noel, Noel, what the hell.”
Benjamin Ferencz in a letter to Telford Taylor, December 1951

montgomery
BANNED
Posts: 953
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:30 pm

Re: The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Post by montgomery » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:03 pm

History aside, it's not important anymore. The Israelis are slaughtering the Palestinian people to a degree that can't be denied as an attempted genocide. And America is their accomplice in the crime. The apartheid wall would have been torn down years ago if the U.S. hadn't prevented the U.N. from taking action against the Zionists.

This to the detriment of Americans who have already suffered an attack that was perped at least in part by Bin Laden because of the U.S position on supporting apartheid. And could very well result in another revenge attack of immense proportions that could be a nuclear attack or at least a dirty bomb!

Sadly, even as huge numbers of Americans are objecting to the outrageous support of Zionist crimes against humanity, the politicians aren't listening. They're bought and paid for by the Zionist lobby and they can kiss their as-es goodbye if the stray from the approved Zionist agenda.

Therein lies the reason why this is dragged into the holocaust denial section of the forum. The Zionist lobby can't invent any better reasons for the land grab by Israel.

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2469
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:14 am
Location: The Free Nambia Healthcare Nirvana

Re: The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Post by Balmoral95 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:48 pm

Hmmm, beat my prediction for the spewing of this kind of drivel by 24 hours. Well done.

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9588
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:05 am

I mainly wanted to put that here so I could find it again... :D
“I noticed this morning that a group of our Landsberg friends have been given their freedom this morning. These include...Schubert, Jost and Nosske. Schubert confessed to...supervising the execution of about 800 Jews...(referring to the order to clean up Simferopol)...Schubert managed to kill all the Jews (by Christmas 1941). Nosske was the one the other defendants called the biggest bloodhound....
Noel, Noel, what the hell.”
Benjamin Ferencz in a letter to Telford Taylor, December 1951

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2469
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:14 am
Location: The Free Nambia Healthcare Nirvana

Re: The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Post by Balmoral95 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:17 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:I mainly wanted to put that here so I could find it again... :D
History has a way of stirring the Chimp heart in mysterious (but not entirely unobservable) ways. The Rodoh Smith Strain of Chimpdom would have found a way to turn this into a lengthy rant about black folk, for example :mrgreen:

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 15605
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:28 am

montgomery wrote:History aside, it's not important anymore. The Israelis are slaughtering the Palestinian people to a degree that can't be denied as an attempted genocide.
Shirley an attempted genocide should rise well above a bad weekend in Chicago?
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Denying-History
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2100
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:01 pm

Re: The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Post by Denying-History » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:36 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
montgomery wrote:History aside, it's not important anymore. The Israelis are slaughtering the Palestinian people to a degree that can't be denied as an attempted genocide.
Shirley an attempted genocide should rise well above a bad weekend in Chicago?
I didn't realize a "bad weekend in Chicago" was an occupied territroy of 50 years.
« The Terror here is a horrifying fact. There is a fear that reaches down and haunts all sections of the community. No household, however humble, apparently but what lives in constant fear of nocturnal raid by the secret police. . .This particular purge is undoubtedly political. . . It is deliberately projected by the party leaders, who themselves regretted the necessity for it. »
Joseph E. Davies

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 15605
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:42 am

DH: Now you do. Is there a fine point to be understood here, or just blather? Genocide is about killing a large number of people...….not rounding errors. Is everyone who is not a Palestinian busy keeping Palestinians in an open air prison camp?===>Yes. Does that amount to genocide?===> No.

I'd think a forum dedicated to the horrors of the Holocaust would not dilute the concept so shabbily.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Denying-History
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2100
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:01 pm

Re: The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Post by Denying-History » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:11 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:DH: Now you do.
:shock: Mind Blown

Lol Now only if you could make a legitimate comparison.
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Is there a fine point to be understood here, or just blather? Genocide is about killing a large number of people...
Genocide doesn't require large scale killing. You should take part in learning more about the "in part" section. Genocide can be committed against a subsection of a group if that subsection is considered distinct from the larger entity. However, I don't have to agree with montgomery to also say you are also wrong.
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Is everyone who is not a Palestinian busy keeping Palestinians in an open air prison camp?===>Yes. Does that amount to genocide?===> No.
Who said genocide required "everyone". If anything is only requires a small number of people only numbering a fraction of the total of victims. Mind though, you are attacking me on the presmise that I agree with Mont, which I don't.
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:I'd think a forum dedicated to the horrors of the Holocaust would not dilute the concept so shabbily.
Were not really "dedicated" to the "horrors of the holocaust" considering were allowed to deny those "horrors" ever existed here as well. Nor is it the only subject discussed in the board considering it has a thread on the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict and also one on recent developments with amazon.
« The Terror here is a horrifying fact. There is a fear that reaches down and haunts all sections of the community. No household, however humble, apparently but what lives in constant fear of nocturnal raid by the secret police. . .This particular purge is undoubtedly political. . . It is deliberately projected by the party leaders, who themselves regretted the necessity for it. »
Joseph E. Davies

montgomery
BANNED
Posts: 953
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:30 pm

Re: The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Post by montgomery » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:02 pm

Denying-History wrote:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:DH: Now you do.
:shock: Mind Blown

Lol Now only if you could make a legitimate comparison.
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Is there a fine point to be understood here, or just blather? Genocide is about killing a large number of people...
Genocide doesn't require large scale killing. You should take part in learning more about the "in part" section. Genocide can be committed against a subsection of a group if that subsection is considered distinct from the larger entity. However, I don't have to agree with montgomery to also say you are also wrong.
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Is everyone who is not a Palestinian busy keeping Palestinians in an open air prison camp?===>Yes. Does that amount to genocide?===> No.
Who said genocide required "everyone". If anything is only requires a small number of people only numbering a fraction of the total of victims. Mind though, you are attacking me on the presmise that I agree with Mont, which I don't.
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:I'd think a forum dedicated to the horrors of the Holocaust would not dilute the concept so shabbily.
Were not really "dedicated" to the "horrors of the holocaust" considering were allowed to deny those "horrors" ever existed here as well. Nor is it the only subject discussed in the board considering it has a thread on the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict and also one on recent developments with amazon.
I won't tell anybody you agree with me on the genocide. Otherwise, something about Chicago and chimps??
And once again, we find balmoral right in there at the center of the spamming effort, with his personal attacks. And I notice that you frequently thank him for it!

User avatar
Denying-History
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2100
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:01 pm

Re: The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Post by Denying-History » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:46 pm

montgomery wrote:
Denying-History wrote:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:DH: Now you do.
:shock: Mind Blown

Lol Now only if you could make a legitimate comparison.
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Is there a fine point to be understood here, or just blather? Genocide is about killing a large number of people...
Genocide doesn't require large scale killing. You should take part in learning more about the "in part" section. Genocide can be committed against a subsection of a group if that subsection is considered distinct from the larger entity. However, I don't have to agree with montgomery to also say you are also wrong.
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Is everyone who is not a Palestinian busy keeping Palestinians in an open air prison camp?===>Yes. Does that amount to genocide?===> No.
Who said genocide required "everyone". If anything is only requires a small number of people only numbering a fraction of the total of victims. Mind though, you are attacking me on the presmise that I agree with Mont, which I don't.
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:I'd think a forum dedicated to the horrors of the Holocaust would not dilute the concept so shabbily.
Were not really "dedicated" to the "horrors of the holocaust" considering were allowed to deny those "horrors" ever existed here as well. Nor is it the only subject discussed in the board considering it has a thread on the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict and also one on recent developments with amazon.
I won't tell anybody you agree with me on the genocide. Otherwise, something about Chicago and chimps??
And once again, we find balmoral right in there at the center of the spamming effort, with his personal attacks. And I notice that you frequently thank him for it!
Bobbo isn’t Balmoral. They have extremely distinct names. 99% of everyone on this website probably has him blocked.
« The Terror here is a horrifying fact. There is a fear that reaches down and haunts all sections of the community. No household, however humble, apparently but what lives in constant fear of nocturnal raid by the secret police. . .This particular purge is undoubtedly political. . . It is deliberately projected by the party leaders, who themselves regretted the necessity for it. »
Joseph E. Davies

montgomery
BANNED
Posts: 953
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:30 pm

Re: The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Post by montgomery » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:08 pm

As I suggested, balmoral is right in there with his silly spamming:
History has a way of stirring the Chimp heart in mysterious (but not entirely unobservable) ways. The Rodoh Smith Strain of Chimpdom would have found a way to turn this into a lengthy rant about black folk, for example :mrgreen:
Your anger is making you crazy pal!

User avatar
Denying-History
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2100
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:01 pm

Re: The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Post by Denying-History » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:04 pm

Lol Balmoral is just not willing to put up with the {!#%@} you spin.
« The Terror here is a horrifying fact. There is a fear that reaches down and haunts all sections of the community. No household, however humble, apparently but what lives in constant fear of nocturnal raid by the secret police. . .This particular purge is undoubtedly political. . . It is deliberately projected by the party leaders, who themselves regretted the necessity for it. »
Joseph E. Davies

montgomery
BANNED
Posts: 953
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:30 pm

Re: The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Post by montgomery » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:20 pm

Denying-History wrote:Lol Balmoral is just not willing to put up with the {!#%@} you spin.
The truth is, balmoral, you, and stat.mech. can't put up with the suspense of imagining that I'm going to say something that they can call holocaust denial. And so all of you have to continuously keep pleading for some. This must be the reason why all of you are acting the way you act with the namecalling and spamming.

Keep it up! There's already been a noticable lull in that kind of behavior for a day or two and I think it may have had something to do with the moderator not being pleased about it. Now it's right back to where it was before. No attempts at all by any of you to attack the message and not the messenger.

Or, on the other hand, keep it up and maybe the blame can be placed on me for your behavior problems?

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2469
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:14 am
Location: The Free Nambia Healthcare Nirvana

Re: The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Post by Balmoral95 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:28 pm

montgomery wrote:
Denying-History wrote:Lol Balmoral is just not willing to put up with the {!#%@} you spin.
The truth is, balmoral, you, and stat.mech. can't put up with the suspense of imagining that I'm going to say something that they can call holocaust denial. And so all of you have to continuously keep pleading for some. This must be the reason why all of you are acting the way you act with the namecalling and spamming.

Keep it up! There's already been a noticable lull in that kind of behavior for a day or two and I think it may have had something to do with the moderator not being pleased about it. Now it's right back to where it was before. No attempts at all by any of you to attack the message and not the messenger.

Or, on the other hand, keep it up and maybe the blame can be placed on me for your behavior problems?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

This dude is pure comedy gold.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 25677
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: somewhere

Re: The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Post by scrmbldggs » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:49 pm

montgomery wrote:...the moderator not being pleased...maybe the blame can be placed on me...
I seriously doubt he's paying all that much attention to that enormous chip on your shoulder. :-P
.
Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23266
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:59 pm

montgomery wrote:There's already been a noticable lull in that kind of behavior for a day or two and I think it may have had something to do with the moderator not being pleased about it.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 15605
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:47 am

Denying-History wrote:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:DH: Now you do.
:shock: Mind Blown

Lol Now only if you could make a legitimate comparison.
Hmmm.....time to whip out the old saw: Everything that is not itself is "like" everything else, to one degree or another asymptotic between 0 and 100%. When challenged to make that comparison, all that is needed is knowledge and imagination.

Now......to be sure, my response was mostly word play...and then on second consideration justified as equaling the irrelevance of the point being responded to. THEN, on third consideration I left it as it is completely legitimate. I'll give you a clue, and if you want more, just ask: What else is America but occupied by Whites still to this day keeping the black man down? The New Jim Crow. Only not black will disagree with this. And yes....better than actual slavery does not negate the comparison.

[xxxxx
Denying-History wrote:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Is there a fine point to be understood here, or just blather? Genocide is about killing a large number of people...
Genocide doesn't require large scale killing. You should take part in learning more about the "in part" section. Genocide can be committed against a subsection of a group if that subsection is considered distinct from the larger entity. However, I don't have to agree with montgomery to also say you are also wrong.
I think "an attempted genocide" or the "start of a genocide" or "a failed genocide" or "genocidal leanings" can be indicated by fewer than several hundred deaths every 3-4 years but my understanding/appreciation of genocide is that it is a term meant to indicate the intentional total devastation of a people? Any not killed are lucky escapees? My second saw: lets turn to the dictionary:

Genocide: The systematic killing of people on the basis of ethnicity, religion, political opinion, social status, etc. /// Ok, doesn't make the clear basis I stated above unless we inflate "systematic." I could look for other definitions, but I prefer to stick with the first one....a friction against bias. But, I assume you get my drift...….or maybe not since you are arguing in face of a well understood concept. Playing word games with the gullible for political advantage. Bad form.

xxxxx
Denying-History wrote:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Is everyone who is not a Palestinian busy keeping Palestinians in an open air prison camp?===>Yes. Does that amount to genocide?===> No.
Who said genocide required "everyone".
No body. As this is assumed in your queary, read the statement again. Egyptians firing on Palestinians crossing their border: not newsworthy....but important to remember.

xxx
Denying-History wrote:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:I'd think a forum dedicated to the horrors of the Holocaust would not dilute the concept so shabbily.
Were not really "dedicated" to the "horrors of the holocaust" considering were allowed to deny those "horrors" ever existed here as well. Nor is it the only subject discussed in the board considering it has a thread on the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict and also one on recent developments with amazon.
Oh!.....well, ha, ha...…….then, you are just nuts.....and can't identify or respond to actual points being made. Carry on.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Denying-History
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2100
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:01 pm

Re: The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Post by Denying-History » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:02 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:How......to be sure, my response was mostly word play...

Hmm, then its fair to say Israel is an apartheid state then. It doesn't have to be one, its just "Word Play". Mind if you haven't picked up the point isn't on the accuracy of the statement, its that it just sounds stupid.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:I think "an attempted genocide" or the "start of a genocide" or "a failed genocide" or "genocidal leanings" can be indicated by fewer than several hundred deaths every 3-4 years but my understanding/appreciation of genocide is that it is a term meant to indicate the intentional total devastation of a people? Any not killed are lucky escapees?
We both know a dictionary is irrelevant to a legal definition. I think I was pretty clear about "in part" and everything you said in response doesn't change that ether.
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote: No body. As this is assumed in your queary, read the statement again. Egyptians firing on Palestinians crossing their border: not newsworthy....but important to remember.
The word play you practiced said "Is everyone who is not a Palestinian busy keeping Palestinians in an open air prison camp?===>Yes. Does that amount to genocide?===> No."

Genocide doesn't require "everyone". Now if you want me to take your word play seriously, no. Not everyone is keeping them in "open prison camps".
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Oh!.....well, ha, ha...…….then, you are just nuts.....and can't identify or respond to actual points being made. Carry on.
Lol What point was made? This is a Holocaust Denial board, not a rememberance board.
« The Terror here is a horrifying fact. There is a fear that reaches down and haunts all sections of the community. No household, however humble, apparently but what lives in constant fear of nocturnal raid by the secret police. . .This particular purge is undoubtedly political. . . It is deliberately projected by the party leaders, who themselves regretted the necessity for it. »
Joseph E. Davies

montgomery
BANNED
Posts: 953
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:30 pm

Re: The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Post by montgomery » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:13 am

Denying-History wrote:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:How......to be sure, my response was mostly word play...

Hmm, then its fair to say Israel is an apartheid state then. It doesn't have to be one, its just "Word Play". Mind if you haven't picked up the point isn't on the accuracy of the statement, its that it just sounds stupid.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:I think "an attempted genocide" or the "start of a genocide" or "a failed genocide" or "genocidal leanings" can be indicated by fewer than several hundred deaths every 3-4 years but my understanding/appreciation of genocide is that it is a term meant to indicate the intentional total devastation of a people? Any not killed are lucky escapees?
We both know a dictionary is irrelevant to a legal definition. I think I was pretty clear about "in part" and everything you said in response doesn't change that ether.
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote: No body. As this is assumed in your queary, read the statement again. Egyptians firing on Palestinians crossing their border: not newsworthy....but important to remember.
The word play you practiced said "Is everyone who is not a Palestinian busy keeping Palestinians in an open air prison camp?===>Yes. Does that amount to genocide?===> No."

Genocide doesn't require "everyone". Now if you want me to take your word play seriously, no. Not everyone is keeping them in "open prison camps".
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Oh!.....well, ha, ha...…….then, you are just nuts.....and can't identify or respond to actual points being made. Carry on.
Lol What point was made? This is a Holocaust Denial board, not a rememberance board.
And now you're also a supporter of the Zionist genocide against the Palestinian people too? You may be a supporter of the holocaust stories but you're sure the he-- not interested in stopping crimes against humanity being perped by the 'chosen ones'.

Really? You're not even opposed to the Zionist land grab and the building of settlements on Palestinian land?

User avatar
Denying-History
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2100
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:01 pm

Re: The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Post by Denying-History » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:15 am

I think you are talking to the wrong person.
« The Terror here is a horrifying fact. There is a fear that reaches down and haunts all sections of the community. No household, however humble, apparently but what lives in constant fear of nocturnal raid by the secret police. . .This particular purge is undoubtedly political. . . It is deliberately projected by the party leaders, who themselves regretted the necessity for it. »
Joseph E. Davies

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 15605
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:37 am

Denying-History wrote:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:How......to be sure, my response was mostly word play...

Hmm, then its fair to say Israel is an apartheid state then. It doesn't have to be one, its just "Word Play". Mind if you haven't picked up the point isn't on the accuracy of the statement, its that it just sounds stupid.
There is no "then" about it. Israel was founded as an apartheid state: "For a Jewish Homeland". I don't follow the affairs all that closely, and assume the statements I have heard otherwise are just lip service. When the group you are against refuses peace deals if they aren't allowed to declare their own genocide against you...….only makes sense? Of course, you saw the progression of my post from word play, to response, to totally legitimate? I won't go into why you think accurate statements sound stupid. What kind of filters you employ to reach that end can't be helpful.
Denying-History wrote:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:I think "an attempted genocide" or the "start of a genocide" or "a failed genocide" or "genocidal leanings" can be indicated by fewer than several hundred deaths every 3-4 years but my understanding/appreciation of genocide is that it is a term meant to indicate the intentional total devastation of a people? Any not killed are lucky escapees?
We both know a dictionary is irrelevant to a legal definition. I think I was pretty clear about "in part" and everything you said in response doesn't change that ether.
"In Part"...….so minimal as to be misleading by design and irrelevant in effect?...…….I agree.
Denying-History wrote:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote: No body. As this is assumed in your queary, read the statement again. Egyptians firing on Palestinians crossing their border: not newsworthy....but important to remember.
The word play you practiced said "Is everyone who is not a Palestinian busy keeping Palestinians in an open air prison camp?===>Yes. Does that amount to genocide?===> No."

Genocide doesn't require "everyone". Now if you want me to take your word play seriously, no. Not everyone is keeping them in "open prison camps".
OK....who is allowing Palestinians into their countries for settlement as opposed to refugee camps? ((Note: word play is for humor....not seriously except for whatever it might highlight as a secondary effect. As such, there is no wordplay in identifying that everyone is keeping the Palestinians in place.
Denying-History wrote:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Oh!.....well, ha, ha...…….then, you are just nuts.....and can't identify or respond to actual points being made. Carry on.
Lol What point was made? This is a Holocaust Denial board, not a rememberance board.
The point is that Israel is NOT committing ANY kind of genocide against the Palestinians. Basic facts, definitions, meanings, history should always be "remembered"....not to word play but to disagree. What are you even thinking of when saying "remembrance board"?===>Makes no sense, just empty words without the desired kneejerk response of saying genocide.

More Bad Form. got anything...…………..good?
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 15605
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:50 am

montgomery wrote: And now you're also a supporter of the Zionist genocide against the Palestinian people too? You may be a supporter of the holocaust stories but you're sure the he-- not interested in stopping crimes against humanity being perped by the 'chosen ones'.

Really? You're not even opposed to the Zionist land grab and the building of settlements on Palestinian land?
That does look like its for me...…...and I have 5 minutes.

Basically.....yes. BUT....it doesn't matter what I may be for or against nor should it for you or anyone else. Realpolitik: Israel acting just as every other Nation State that has ever existed acts.....except....too kindly towards their enemies. Any people more realistic, less moral, say like every Arab state that surrounds them, would have killed every person in opposition to them...….or herded them into camps to starve to death just as the Arabs are doing.

Hey...………...you want peace? Stop fighting. Simple. ((Since you seem oblivious to the simple facts, that means stop declaring your dedication to keep fighting and to regaining your homeland. War and peace doesn't work that way...….))
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

montgomery
BANNED
Posts: 953
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:30 pm

Re: The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Post by montgomery » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:09 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
montgomery wrote: And now you're also a supporter of the Zionist genocide against the Palestinian people too? You may be a supporter of the holocaust stories but you're sure the he-- not interested in stopping crimes against humanity being perped by the 'chosen ones'.

Really? You're not even opposed to the Zionist land grab and the building of settlements on Palestinian land?
That does look like its for me...…...and I have 5 minutes.

Basically.....yes. BUT....it doesn't matter what I may be for or against nor should it for you or anyone else.
Really?
Realpolitik: Israel acting just as every other Nation State that has ever existed acts.....except....too kindly towards their enemies.
I don't know of any real comparisons to the way Jews (or foreigners) were awarded another people's land. And then to add to the crime, have the U.S. support stealing even more of the Palestinian's land.
Any people more realistic, less moral, say like every Arab state that surrounds them, would have killed every person in opposition to them...….or herded them into camps to starve to death just as the Arabs are doing.
If you had a comparison to offer you might be saying something that could be believed.
Hey...………...you want peace? Stop fighting. Simple. ((Since you seem oblivious to the simple facts, that means stop declaring your dedication to keep fighting and to regaining your homeland. War and peace doesn't work that way...….))
Maybe the best comparison we could make is to how blacks in the U.S. didn't and shouldn't have stopped fighting. They gained their freedom through resistance to extreme rightism, even though the hate is still alive today. The bed sheets and the pointy hats were always being kept in the closets of the U.S. south and Trump provided a reason to bring them out.

By the same token, the Jews (Zionists to be fair) are at war with Arab people. Israel is a racist and apartheid regime and that's what indeed needs to be driven into the sea. Peace in the M.E. could be possible if the agreement to partition the land was adhered to. And if the U.S. would allow the U.N. to police it.

Otherwise, it's pretty obvious the Arabs won't stop fighting, as you suggest they should.

The consequences of the U.S. taking that position are what is really important. That's the issue I'm more interested in talking about. The 911 revenge attack could be like a walk in the park compared to what could happen. Therein lies the biggest problem with irrational support of Zionism, along with exaggerations and lies more than 70 years after the fact. It's only useful purpose is in promoting U.S. claims over the entire M.E. And more as pertains to Iran.

Thankfully, the discussion has been initiated here!