This picture really bugs me

Discussions
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Re: This picture really bugs me

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:50 pm

Judging from Tineye, the film still (shot in color) is widely used, often in b&w as in Oozy's post and sometimes with a caption, like “Just in case you forgot why we don’t praise Nazis in this country Dumb Asses” or “No Mr President these were not ‘very fine people’” or “Good Men . . . just doing their job enforcing the LAW” or even “Who in this photo is a Nazi? . . . According to NYT, this little Polish boy is a Nazi . . .”

Impossible to tell how much of that is in bad faith and how much naive . . . but the St Pete troll factory could produce this kind of stuff by the boatload.
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

Kleon_I XYZ Contagion
Poster

Post by Kleon_I XYZ Contagion » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:52 pm

... and I think in this movie, the particular soldier who is about to shoot the child, finally saves the child and carried it away or something.

According to experts and scholars, the 10 stages of every genocide are
Classification Symbolization Discrimination Dehumanization Organization Polarization Preparation Persecution Extermination
... and finally the 10th stage:
Denial
http://www.genocidewatch.org/genocide/t ... ocide.html
XYZ Contagion (‘Because the truth is contagious‘), an investigative/research political and historical website, deals also with the Srebrenica Genocide
https://xyzcontagion.wordpress.com/about/#English

Aaron Richards
Poster

Post by Aaron Richards » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:50 am

Here's another one I recently came across. I tried reverse image searching it, only came across a ton of chinese, russian and 404 forums with no discernible info as to its origin.

My guess is that if it were authentic, it would certainly be featured on USHMM, Ghetto Fighters House etc. and since it isnt, it's probably from a documentary made in the soviet union re-enacting nazi atrocities some time in the 50s or 60s?
Please subscribe to my YouTube channel "Holocaust Documents", where I fight back the sea of antisemitism & conspiracy theories that has taken over its comment section: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTBlSX ... Un5jIhWm7g
I compile rebuttals to popular holocaust denier canards here: https://siraaronrichards.imgur.com

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:14 pm

Yeah, that doesn’t look particularly authentic to me.
“I noticed this morning that a group of our Landsberg friends have been given their freedom this morning. These include...Schubert, Jost and Nosske. Schubert confessed to...supervising the execution of about 800 Jews...(referring to the order to clean up Simferopol)...Schubert managed to kill all the Jews (by Christmas 1941). Nosske was the one the other defendants called the biggest bloodhound....
Noel, Noel, what the hell.”
Benjamin Ferencz in a letter to Telford Taylor, December 1951

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:28 am

For those who have an interest:

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi ... d_Army.jpg

Montgomery posted this in one of his threads. Because he has no real concept of the history he is trying to debunk he didn’t look the picture up to see what it was. The children in the picture are twins, saved for medical experimentation.
“I noticed this morning that a group of our Landsberg friends have been given their freedom this morning. These include...Schubert, Jost and Nosske. Schubert confessed to...supervising the execution of about 800 Jews...(referring to the order to clean up Simferopol)...Schubert managed to kill all the Jews (by Christmas 1941). Nosske was the one the other defendants called the biggest bloodhound....

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Post by scrmbldggs » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:41 am

:hmm: Next up: "They look nothing like twins at all! Another holohoax debunked!" :victorydance:...
Lard, save me from your followers.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:44 am

I'm pretty sure that this one's fake:

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:45 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:41 am
:hmm: Next up: "They look nothing like twins at all! Another holohoax debunked!" :victorydance:...
Soviet midgets :roll:

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:46 am

Sheesh! Holy moly! Blaaaaaahhhhhhhh! :lol:

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:47 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:44 am

Prove it. :roll:

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:50 am

Well, it would be a good disguise.

What about this one, do you think this one’s fake?

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:55 am

LOL

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:58 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:46 am
Sheesh! Holy moly! Blaaaaaahhhhhhhh! :lol:
You laugh, they're actually 47 years old... 8-)

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:00 am

:hmm: You mean 4 and 7? :lol:

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:01 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:50 am

Well, it would be a good disguise.

What about this one, do you think this one’s fake?

. :lol:

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:03 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:00 am
:hmm: You mean 4 and 7? :lol:
Damn you HPers, busted me again.... can I get some moderation here for a serious discussion?

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:06 am

Sorry, dude. Serious Discussion has you on ignore. :-P

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:09 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:06 am

But I'm winning, dammit, and have 200 million followers.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:15 am

Balmoral95 wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:09 am
scrmbldggs wrote:

Um, sure, Scarley!
Spoiler:

:lol:

montgomery
BANNED

Post by montgomery » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:21 am

Aaron Richards wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:50 am
Here's another one I recently came across. I tried reverse image searching it, only came across a ton of chinese, russian and 404 forums with no discernible info as to its origin.

My guess is that if it were authentic, it would certainly be featured on USHMM, Ghetto Fighters House etc. and since it isnt, it's probably from a documentary made in the soviet union re-enacting nazi atrocities some time in the 50s or 60s?
This is my favorite because it reminds me of the scary shadow on the wall. Probably shot by the same faker in hollywood around 1960.

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:22 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:15 am
Balmoral95 wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:09 am
scrmbldggs wrote:

Um, sure, Scarley!
Spoiler:

:lol:

Your impolite behavior on this board clearly shows the hoax for what it is. It proves that my one witness debunking was true and correct and every academical study, archive, document is invalid. All of them. Why? Because I rendered judgement here on an internet forum.

montgomery
BANNED

Post by montgomery » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:26 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:28 am

For those who have an interest:

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi ... d_Army.jpg

Montgomery posted this in one of his threads. Because he has no real concept of the history he is trying to debunk he didn’t look the picture up to see what it was. The children in the picture are twins, saved for medical experimentation.
No H.P.'er, you're lying. I didn't post that picture anywhere. But it could have turned up in a link I posted.
I don't post pictures.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:20 pm

Picture and background from Yad Vashem:

https://www.yadvashem.org/holocaust/thi ... 940-2.html

Darren Wilshak
Regular Poster

Post by Darren Wilshak » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:53 am

This little scene reminds me of Tom Petty's song, 'Face in the crowd.'

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:47 pm

Some notes on Holocaust photography I made based on papers in Shared History - Divided Memory:

Żbikowski says that it's a mistake to assume that German photographs of pogrom actions in June-July 1941 cannot be construed to mean that the Germans planned (or directed) the actions; other evidence is needed. This is because German propaganda teams ("Ever since the camera was invented, photographers have traveled with every army") and even amateur photographers took photographs throughout the zone conquered by the Germans: "The fact that images of pogroms were used in German propaganda does not prove that the pogroms were planned." Żbikowski doesn't dwell on this, but there are documents that show German planning and direction, particularly in the former Baltic states but also in Ukraine and much more variety in other areas. (p 324) But even in the Baltic states, at times the Wehrmacht and Abwehr acted to tamp down the pogroms, to maintain order, which the German police and East Ministry were encouraging. (pp 365-367)

Another caution on taking photographs too literally comes from the testimony of Zelig Tenenbaum (from an account of 1943) describing events in Grajewo in early July 1941. A German police unit first arrived in the town on 30 June; this was on the day following a pogrom by local Poles in which about 10 Jews were killed and 30 injured. On 30 June, with the German police now present, local Poles rounded up more Jews and guarded them; they were then ordered by the German police, according to Tenenbaum, "to point out the communists in the Jewish ranks." Tenenbaum said that the Poles eagerly identified anyone who came to mind and then beat those selected horribly: "Only the Poles did the beating. The Germans did not get involved: they only stood by, watched, laughed, and provided encouragement" for the Polish perpetrators. On 3 July a number of different units of Sipo arrived and ordered another roundup of Jews with a selection of supposed communists. This time the action was ordered by the Sipo officers who joined in the beating. Photographs of the action do not, however, show this; according to Tenenbaum, "the entire time the Gestapo photographed the Jews and the 'outbreak of the anger of the Polish people.' . . . The Gestapo officers stepped back in order not the be photographed by accident with the attackers." (pp 329-330)

Another propagandistic use of film by the Germans in the east was described by witness Mendel Melnicki. A pogrom, involving local Poles, had broken out in the town of Wasilków and the Field Gendarmerie post called German police in Białystok for reinforcements. According to Melnicki, "a vehicle arrived with Germans. The Germans dispelled the pogrom and, at the same time, made a film to show how the local Poles beat Jews and the Germans stopped them." The propaganda purpose of such a film, whilst showing what happened in Wasilków, depicted the Poles as murderous and the Germans as the force of order, contrary to what happened elsewhere, including where the Germans attempted to foment pogroms without being identified as the instigators (and often met with poor success). (p 333)

On this latter point, Stahlecker reported that Einsatzgruppe A had made attempts, "as far as this was possible" to take photographs and shoot films in Kaunas and Riga to, in his words, support a claim "that the first spontaneous executions of the Jews and communists was carried out by Lithuanians and Latvians" . . . "to create a provable fact that the liberated population itself, on its own, had resorted to the most stringent drastic measures against the Bolshevik and Jewish adversary, without any identifiable instructions by German authorities." (p 369) Stahlecker knew, of course, that his units were instigating pogroms, in line with Heydrich's order of 29 June 1941 (p 363). Thus Stahlecker wrote, just before the words quoted above on the propagandistic intentions of photographs and films, "Similarly, native anti-Semitic forces were induced to start pogroms against Jews during the first hours after capture, though this inducement proved to be very difficult. . . . In Lithuania this was achieved for the first time by partisan activities in Kowno. To our surprise it was not easy at first to set in motion an extensive pogrom against Jews. . . . It proved much more difficult to set in motion similar cleansing actions in Latvia. Essentially the reason was that the whole of the national stratum of leaders had been assassinated or destroyed by the Soviets, especially in Riga. It was possible though through similar influences on the Latvian auxiliary to set in motion a pogrom against Jews also in Riga. During this pogrom all synagogues were destroyed and about 400 Jews were killed. As the population of Riga quieted down quickly, further pogroms were not convenient."
(https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Comprehe ... tober_1941)