landrew
Has More Than 9K Posts

Re: Trump will win!

Post by landrew » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:05 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:54 pm
God provides health insurance?????

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rawsto ... n-god/amp/

I don’t know anything about this duck dynasty guy.
I never watched the show much. Rich hillbillies with wives that can't wait to spend all the money.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

TJrandom
Has No Life

Post by TJrandom » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:07 pm

Wow - FAUX is really scouring the gutters...

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:10 pm

Duck Dynasty Guy.....was doing well for his neighborhood selling duck call whistles and then got put on TV and became rich.

I post because the same thing happened to Trump? Kinda amusing......with Faux Spews behind them both.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Jeffk 1970
True Skeptic

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 pm

:rotfl:

Dumbasses, you get what you voted for.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/02/truste ... -tax-plan/
“They say..that in Slonim they gathered in the town square 14,000 people...and all were machine-gunned. I ask you, is it possible to believe such a thing?...How can the world remain silent? It is probably not true.”
Calel Perechodnik, Polish Jew, 1942

https://twitter.com/jonronson/status/10 ... 24832?s=21

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:34 pm

Yep.......standard Republican Two Step:

1. Cut taxes to the AlreadyTooRich paid for increases taxation on the middle/working/silent majority.

Wait for Outcry.

2. Cut social services programs to the undeserving poor.

Its called: "Starve the Beast."

Variation: Privatize Soc Security........or anything else.

The dumbo's have been weakening on defending against this........turning to the Corporate Side as they have.

Time for the Revolution to Start: vote in a true progressive. UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE FOR ALL. Yeah!!!!!! We might not all die.............
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Post by scrmbldggs » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:38 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 pm

Oh, the religious parasites are gonna love this. :twisted:
^article wrote:...massively increasing the amount of money you must donate to qualify for a charitable giving deduction...
Lard, save me from your followers.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Post by scrmbldggs » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:42 pm

"...I voted for you, and believe in the things you are doing, but you screwed us middle class with taxes. I can’t itemize or anything. How about a flat tax and get rid of earned income credit. Some don’t earn income but get more back in taxes for having baby’s.

— Thomas DeLucca..."

What a lovely creature Gog created. Probably a pro-lifer, too...
Lard, save me from your followers.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:33 pm

Who is Liam Neeson? I know what he's not: "I'm not a racist."
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:39 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:38 pm
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 pm

Oh, the religious parasites are gonna love this. :twisted:
^article wrote:...massively increasing the amount of money you must donate to qualify for a charitable giving deduction...
It is almost like experts understood what the tax law would do and warned people.

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:36 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:33 pm
Apparently he was young at heart once too :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster
Location: At the hundredth meridian, where the great plains begin

Post by Jeff_36 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:50 am

Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:35 pm
I hear there is a lot of concern that the majority of Trump's days are "executive time," that is, goofing off, watching the tube, daydreaming about Ivanka. I'm not concerned. I think it's a good thing. The less that ugly {!#%@} does, the better off the world will be.
I think it just underlines what we have always suspected of him. My theory is that he spends his days jerking off because the basic procedural norms of the federal government - conventions that most Americans learn in civics class - are so baffling to his shriveled brain that he dare not try to tackle them.

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster

Post by Jeff_36 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:54 am

I don't think so - he described the whole episode in a clear tone of shame and regret. It's not like Mel Gibson, who was a current, active bigot at the time of his exposure. It's akin to Gunter Grass IMO. I bet he regrets coming clean now. Shame.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:06 am

Paul Krugman takes the occasion of Schultz's exploration of a run for the presidency to reflect on the size of the constituencies in the US electorate for (a) racist populism (economically progressive, racially retrograde) and (b) "socially liberal, economically conservative" politics:
"The Empty Quarters of U.S. Politics
Two missing species: libertarian voters and populist racist politicians."
:
What’s less clear is whether there’s room for politicians willing to be true racist populists, unlike Trump, who was faking the second part. There’s a substantial bloc of racist-populist voters, and you might think that someone would try to serve them. But maybe the gravitational attraction of big money — which has completely captured the G.O.P., and has arguably kept Democrats from moving as far left as the electorate really wants — is too great.

In any case, if there’s a real opening for an independent, that candidate will look more like George Wallace than like Howard Schultz. Billionaires who despise the conventional parties should beware of what they wish for.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:07 am

Jeff_36 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:54 am
I don't think so - he described the whole episode in a clear tone of shame and regret. It's not like Mel Gibson, who was a current, active bigot at the time of his exposure. It's akin to Gunter Grass IMO. I bet he regrets coming clean now. Shame.
You don't think so what?

I literally do not know who this person is. I mean, he seems repugnant enough. But who is he?

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:15 am

Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:07 am
Jeff_36 wrote:
You don't think so what?

I literally do not know who this person is. I mean, he seems repugnant enough. But who is he?
Jeff, so who is next on the "young and stupid and regret it" parade? Jokey Tsarnaev, maybe?

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster

Post by Jeff_36 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:42 am

Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:04 am
And Cory Booker is no black power advocate. I mean, seriously.
True, but his ideas are radical. As stated beforehand, he espoused Michelle Alexanders absurd conspiraloonery, giving it a bully pulpit and legitimizing it in the eyes of the masses. Alexander's thesis is that the War on Drugs was a conscious reaction to the civil right movement - she ignores the role played by Black lawmakers in shaping it's policies. I do not think that even Monstrous, at his most addled worst, would have come up with such a silly theory as that.
Again, almost every black political leader will draw hostility of this sort. Again, Barack Obama.
If Obama uttered even half of the crazy {!#%@} that Booker has come out with, he would not have made it out of IL State Senate.
Ridiculous. Discrimination and racial prejudice aren't uniquely southern. Drive through Chicago sometime.
There are levels to this thing. African-Americans loosing the right to vote in the former confederate states in a process akin to a silent, bloodless "redemption" should shock and terrify the conscious imagination of any nation worth it's name.

What I have read about Chicago seems to indicate a conflict between rival gangs, as well as obvious efforts against such gangbangers by the police, rather than any racial conflict. I am aware that the city is largely bifurcated along color lines, and that gang violence is largely confined to African-American neighborhoods.

Granted, you are in an infinity better place to asses the situation than me. Am I missing anything? (I suspect that I may be).
Jeff_36 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:22 pm
There's this thing called racial double-standards.
So why are you reinforcing them in these posts?
Merely making mention of their existence. It's sad, but they do exist.
Jeff_36 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:22 pm
He'd lose the election over it, that's what. And having the Manchurian Cantaloupe in power for another four years will be more than anyone can handle.
Well, hold on to your seatbelt during the Democratic primary, friend.
It's gonna be a blast. I plan on live-posting every debate, assuming I'm not elsewhere engaged. I'll try to get as many as I can.

All of my mates think Biden has it wrapped up. The DNC will want someone safe and uncontroversial, if they've learned their lesson from HRC.
Feel-good politician
He's a {!#%@} twit. He lately made an absolute fool of himself during Neomi Rao's confirmation hearing, scoring multiple own-goals in what should have been an easy interrogation.

And why the {!#%@} would a fifty year old man refer to his girlfriend as his "boo"? Is he mentally trapped in the eleventh grade? Did you act like this when you were fifty? God almighty, what an absolute sad sack this guy is.

The fact that he is (allegedly) dating Rosario Dawson - one of the most beautiful women in all of history - is his only saving grace. How a total cringe-lord like him managed to score with her is a mystery that will remain unknown.

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster

Post by Jeff_36 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:45 am

Balmoral95 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:15 am
Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:07 am
Jeff_36 wrote:
You don't think so what?

Jeff, so who is next on the "young and stupid and regret it" parade? Jokey Tsarnaev, maybe?
I think overcoming prejudices inherited through birth is a sign of character. No one should hold them in the first place, but those who discard them can be elevated above those who retain them.

I'v changed my mind on Northam though - he has only ruined his own credibility even further.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:51 am

Paul Krugman: In any case, if there’s a real opening for an independent, that candidate will look more like George Wallace than like Howard Schultz. Billionaires who despise the conventional parties should beware of what they wish for.
What was left out, as this doesn't mean anything to me? Best guess: if Schultz ran, he would lose because hes not George Wallace enough? Fine...I agree. But if some other George Wallace type billionaire ran he would stand a good chance of winning? So...Schultz would not get what he wished for and the George Wallace type would become president. What should George Wallace beware of????

No one has said it: Liam Neesom is the oldest action star on a still rising wave of popularity in the Movies. Made Three "Taken" films (and about 6 copycats)....the first one playing on HBO tonight if the other fictional melodrama is more than the utterly pointless kabuki play it can't avoid being.

Jeffk 1970
True Skeptic

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:57 am

My youngest son’s teacher wanted him to watch the State of the Union Address. I drew the shortest straw. Excuse me, I have to go chug some Pepto-Bismol, take about four Dramamine and line up the barf bags.
“They say..that in Slonim they gathered in the town square 14,000 people...and all were machine-gunned. I ask you, is it possible to believe such a thing?...How can the world remain silent? It is probably not true.”

Jeffk 1970
True Skeptic

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:05 am

Nancy Pelosi looks like she just bit into something really foul.

Jeffk 1970
True Skeptic

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:06 am

His tie is crooked.

:D

Jeffk 1970
True Skeptic

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:10 am

Christ, Republicans, stop being such collective suck-ups.

Jeffk 1970
True Skeptic

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:15 am

Obligatory military reference from a guy who never served...

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:18 am

Ha, ha..........Pelosi standing and clapping approval for some positive generality, but AOC shooting Trump daggers. I know who is in "real" opposition. Just as she should be.......................

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:23 am

Jeff_36 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:42 am
Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:04 am
And Cory Booker is no black power advocate. I mean, seriously.
True, but his ideas are radical.
No, they are not at all radical.
Jeff_36 wrote:
giving it a bully pulpit and legitimizing it in the eyes of the masses.
Alexander's book was very influential all on its own.
Jeff_36 wrote:
What I have read about Chicago seems to indicate a conflict between rival gangs,
Chicago's problems should not be made into silly cartoons, like this one. As I said, drive through the city, observe the patterns of neighborhoods, think about where jobs are located and why, consider which neighborhoods have high unemployment, look at which schools have closed, consider whether the city is segregated, see what kinds of services exist in different parts of the city, shop in some food stores and check the prices, and so on.
Jeff_36 wrote:
I am aware that the city is largely bifurcated along color lines, and that gang violence is largely confined to African-American neighborhoods.
I don't think that this is accurate or even close to being accurate.
Jeff_36 wrote:
Granted, you are in an infinity better place to asses the situation than me. Am I missing anything? (I suspect that I may be).
A lot. I wasn't even thinking about gun and other violence but rather economic and other patterns of opportunity and discrimination. Also, the gang violence is hardly confined to African Americans; some of the biggest, most active gangs in Chicago have largely Latino membership.
Jeff_36 wrote:
All of my mates think Biden has it wrapped up.
Biden?
Jeff_36 wrote:
The DNC will want someone safe and uncontroversial, if they've learned their lesson from HRC.
They wanted someone safe and uncontroversial with Clinton, actually.

You seem to be all over the map with Booker but consistent in repeating your first point, too - making a corporate liberal guy out to be a wild revolutionary. Giving us almost a parody of white fears of black men.

Booker is one of the safe candidates. He is likely to fade not because he is too radical but because of his ties to big pharma and Wall Street, his dubious connection to big tech and Zuckerberg in particular, his record on policing (which he, like Harris, will have to overcome to gain support across Democratic voters), his educational politics (again, out of sync with where the Democrats have evolved to) - and, of course, his hollowness and flakiness.
Jeff_36 wrote:
The fact that he is (allegedly) dating Rosario Dawson - one of the most beautiful women in all of history - is his only saving grace.
Say wot?
Jeff_36 wrote:
How a total cringe-lord like him managed to score with her is a mystery that will remain unknown.
"Managed to score"? Talk about cringe-worthy, teenage moments . . .

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:27 am

I cannot watch and listen to Bloatus, so I had on reruns of the old Bob Newhart show. I turned the TV off after a bit - one of Newhart's best drunk routines - and picked up Tomasevich's book. I can read all about it tomorrow, I guess.

Jeffk 1970
True Skeptic

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:30 am

Lucky you.
The Dramamine is wearing off.

Jeffk 1970
True Skeptic

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:35 am

Here we go, foreplay is over. Time to get down to talking about the wall.

Jeffk 1970
True Skeptic

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:36 am

Caravans!!!!!! Buses and trucks!!!!! Little border protection!!!!! Tremendous onslaught!!!! More troops!!!!!! Moral duty!!!!!

Jeffk 1970
True Skeptic

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:39 am

:lol:

Trump’s baggin’ on rich people with walls, {!#%@} hypocrite.

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:40 am

Just happy not to be doing commentary on that shitshow this year...

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster

Post by Jeff_36 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:41 am

Trump has the mannerisms of a sedated Mussolini. Surely I'm not the only one to think this?

EDIT: HAHAHA NO I'M NOT!

Jeffk 1970
True Skeptic

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:42 am

{!#%@}’s using victim’s families for his agenda, rat bastard.

Jeffk 1970
True Skeptic

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:46 am

Ahhh, Ted Cruz!!!!!!

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:47 am

Who's delivering the apres speech rebuttal?

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster

Post by Jeff_36 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:48 am

Takes responsibility for gender diversity in congress - is he hallucinating? Is there some gag here that I'm missing out on?

Jeffk 1970
True Skeptic

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:49 am

Stacey Abrams.

Jeffk 1970
True Skeptic

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:51 am

LOL, Trump said women are filling 58% of new jobs created and all the freshmen Congresswomen stood up and cheered.

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster

Post by Jeff_36 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:53 am

Balmoral95 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:47 am
Who's delivering the apres speech rebuttal?
You do it. I'm serious. It'll be epic.

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster

Post by Jeff_36 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:53 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:49 am
Stacey Abrams.
Meh. Should have been Sherrod Brown in all seriousness.