RODOH in terminal decline?

Discussions
Darren Wilshak
Regular Poster

Re: RODOH in terminal decline?

Post by Darren Wilshak » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:41 am

Smith could have been driven crazy by Been-there's badgering of him, and with the crazed blogbuster fellow gone now I wonder if depthcheck welcomes this new rules obsessed, underlord?

I see in the tealeaves a rash of tedious posts about ad homs being bad things.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Post by scrmbldggs » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:03 pm

Sounds like that member's attempt to stand up after hanging around.
Lard, save me from your followers.

Ian Hazard
Poster

Post by Ian Hazard » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:08 pm

Having a formal propositions subforum seems completely reasonable to me. The standard of posts at RODOH is also generally superior to what I see here, and best of all those guys don't sit in a jerk circle fondling each other's egos. This outpouring of bile directed towards the RODOH board is completely infantile and unnecessary. Grow up.

[Makes note to sign up at RODOH]

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:25 pm

Ian, your contributions to discussion of the Holocaust here have been on a par with what can be read at RODOH.
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:44 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:Sounds like that member's attempt to stand up after hanging around.
LOL don't remind me!

NathanC
Regular Poster

Post by NathanC » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:48 pm

sit in a jerk circle fondling each other's egos
That's exactly how I would've described Scott Smith and the others' behavior back in 2009. These few times I've visited RODOH in recent memory, that's how they act, too. RODOH sucks. Smith and the whole lot of them suck.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:55 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:Sounds like that member's attempt to stand up after hanging around.
LOL don't remind me!
:mrgreen:

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:58 pm

NathanC wrote:
That's exactly how I would've described Scott Smith and the others' behavior back in 2009. These few times I've visited RODOH in recent memory, that's how they act, too. RODOH sucks. Smith and the whole lot of them suck.
Well, they've got Nessie now . . . chuckle, chuckle.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:08 pm

This one - from Fish-Traynor - is priceless:
Nessie wrote:
Tremmel was to be tried as a juvenile?! Stop these trials now they are ridiculous.
Careful how you go on this topic or you could find yourself being ostracised by the likes of Statistical Mechanic and Jeff_36.
Especially since I wrote against the trial of Gröning and even more so since Jeff_36 has consistently been opposed to these trials and made blanket statements to that effect. Facts have never been an obstacle for Fish-Traynor, nor even a consideration.

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster
Location: At the hundredth meridian, where the great plains begin

Post by Jeff_36 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:27 pm

Darren Wilshak wrote:Smith could have been driven crazy by Been-there's badgering of him, and with the crazed blogbuster fellow gone now I wonder if depthcheck welcomes this new rules obsessed, underlord?

I see in the tealeaves a rash of tedious posts about ad homs being bad things.
guess who I am right now

" :roll: Holy Moly :roll: :roll: Holy Moly! Wall of text obfuscation ad homs Ststman! ahrrrrgghhh! World Jeeeewry! World Jeeewry! Holy Moly It's WUF!!!!! :roll: Runn!!! :roll: HELP ME DAFT RABBIT I'M DROWNING!!!!"

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster

Post by Jeff_36 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:36 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:This one - from Fish-Traynor - is priceless:
Nessie wrote:
Tremmel was to be tried as a juvenile?! Stop these trials now they are ridiculous.
Careful how you go on this topic or you could find yourself being ostracised by the likes of Statistical Mechanic and Jeff_36.
Especially since I wrote against the trial of Gröning and even more so since Jeff_36 has consistently been opposed to these trials and made blanket statements to that effect. Facts have never been an obstacle for Fish-Traynor, nor even a consideration.
I have no issue with the basic concept of perpetrators being brought to account, but I would rather see suspended sentences (i.e no time served) and an empathis on perpetrator testimony. Fundamentally you are absolutely correct in that I do feel that these trials will prevent people like Groning from coming forward, so yes, I do wish for them to cease.

Hans Munch made a brave decision to come forward in the 1980's and give an interview in Sweden. Groning made a brave decision to participate in the Lawrence Rees documentary. Jakub Wendel gave an interview to a German paper in the past few years where he stated that he knew that Auschwitz was an extermination camp. I would much prefer to see more of that in the future as opposed to these trials. If they were to track down some Hiwi's from the AR camps (a few are apparently still alive) and get them to tell their story it would be great, a much bigger victory for history than these trials.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:12 pm

To remind everyone, after writing that you agreed with Eva Kor that Gröning shouldn't be tried at all, you wrote:
Jeff_36 wrote:This may not be popular but I think that trying these folks, nasty as they were, should not be tried at this point. . . .
Fish-Traynor must have somehow read that as your going ballistic on anyone who thinks, er, that these folks, nasty as they were, should not be tried at this point.

Darren Wilshak
Regular Poster

Post by Darren Wilshak » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:15 pm

You do BT pretty well, Jeff.

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster

Post by Jeff_36 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:38 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:To remind everyone, after writing that you agreed with Eva Kor that Gröning shouldn't be tried at all, you wrote:
Jeff_36 wrote:This may not be popular but I think that trying these folks, nasty as they were, should not be tried at this point. . . .
Fish-Traynor must have somehow read that as your going ballistic on anyone who thinks, er, that these folks, nasty as they were, should not be tried at this point.
My post above basically reflects that viewpoint. I think that at this stage the focus should shift towards symbolic mesures but above all else perpetrator testimony. To secure more perpetator testimony will be a much bigger blow against the shadow of the Third Reich than these trials.

Traynor is a {!#%@} joke. He either lied or simply made a blanket judgment.

Remember when he accused us of being supporters of Israeli restrictions against Eritrean migrants? He basically assumes that anyone who opposes his silly spewing is an "ewviw Joo"

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Post by Xcalibur » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:20 am

NathanC wrote:
"Ian" will enjoy his time at the new RODOH... more's the pity.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:35 am

Jesus wept: in the first reply in his new RODOH forum, been-there presents an inaugural "formal proposition", Chełmno and the extermination of Jews there.

It is interesting to me that when I tried discussing Łódź and Chełmno with been-there in 2013, after he'd posted some HD blether about a Łódź ghetto survivor in the RODOH "Wannsee" thread (starting here with one of a number of replies here), been-there went silent. At that time, he adamantly refused to discuss evidence for the history of Łódź ghetto and the fate of its Jewish population, including the gassing of many 1000s of Jews from the Łódź ghetto in two phases at Chełmno. That is, been-there in 2013, when he wasn't protected by his own bunker-like RULES, posted exactly as much on the topic as Ian has on the Holocaust here.

But now been-there, given a playpen of his own, opens a supposedly formal debate topic, to be conducted according to his RULES and his moderation, introducing the topic of Chełmno without citing either Shmuel Krakowski's 2007/2009 book on the camp or Patrick Montague's detailed 2012 study of Chełmno (the extensive discussion of witness testimony, documents, and other evidence by Montague is exactly the sort of thing with which "revisionists" have to contend) - thus "allowing" himself to make several false introductory statements about the evidence for what happened at Chełmno. The "revisionist scholar" ignores the basic historical work on the topic he has finally decided to discuss.

Discussion is basically a rehash of HD misunderstanding and misuse of witness testimony (debated elsewhere, informally and formally, ad nauseam) coupled with the usual refusal to acknowledge "uncomfortable" convergent evidence. What makes this a "formal proposition" appears to be the listing of a few sources at the end of the post and boldfaced questions like "Q4: wouldn't his nose show signs of a such a bullet wound as he described receiving, shot from such close proximity?"

"Formal Propositions in Holocaust History," judging from its first topic, should be renamed "Nitwit's Corner."

Yep, RODOH seems about Ian's speed, er, "Ian's" speed.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:07 am

It gets funnier: several hours after been-there posted his "formal proposition" to debate Chełmno in his own subforum, in which only been-there has posted so far, Nessie posted in the main forum: "Evidence the role of Chelmno.". Been-there hasn't replied to Nessie, and Nessie hasn't replied to been-there. LOL.

Ian Hazard
Poster

Post by Ian Hazard » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:57 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:It gets funnier: several hours after been-there posted his "formal proposition" to debate Chełmno in his own subforum, in which only been-there has posted so far, Nessie posted in the main forum: "Evidence the role of Chelmno.". Been-there hasn't replied to Nessie, and Nessie hasn't replied to been-there. LOL.
That is not an entirely accurate description of what is currently happening at RODOH. Been-There the moderator has explained why Nessie's opening post in the new subforum was rejected. Please keep up.

https://rodoh.info/forum/viewtopic.php? ... =20#p76492

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:14 pm

Lemme guess. Was it something - anything - Nessie said? :lol:

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:28 pm

Ian Hazard wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:It gets funnier: several hours after been-there posted his "formal proposition" to debate Chełmno in his own subforum, in which only been-there has posted so far, Nessie posted in the main forum: "Evidence the role of Chelmno.". Been-there hasn't replied to Nessie, and Nessie hasn't replied to been-there. LOL.
That is not an entirely accurate description of what is currently happening at RODOH. Been-There the moderator has explained why Nessie's opening post in the new subforum was rejected. Please keep up.

OMG Memory Hole debate!

Holy moly, Nessie stated a disagreement or two with what been-there posted - and been-there wants it cleaned up before allowing the post. That's actually funnier than what I thought. What a cluster {!#%@}. Thanks so much for bringing this lunacy to our attention. (I should have known Nessie'd be fool enough to try joining in . . . )

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster

Post by Jeff_36 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:33 pm

Ian Hazard wrote:

Been-There is a shrill ignorant Holocaust Denier who whines and bitches about ad homs when he encounters an argument he doesn't like and proudly states that he refuses to read posts that are too long or complicated for his grade-school attention span.
Last edited by Jeff_36 on Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Post by Xcalibur » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:23 am

Jeff_36 wrote:
Ian Hazard wrote:

Been-There is a shrill ignorant Holocaust Denier who whines and bitches about ad hims when he encounters an argument he doesn't like and proudly states that he refuses to read posts that are too long or complicated for his grade-school attention span.

Rather watch paint dry than read his chimp slobber.It's really not much fun reading the shrill, hysterical and paranoid thoughts of a person whose manifold inadequacies are so readily apparent..

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:20 am

Will wonders never cease? Been-there's Chełmno thread has finally received an acceptable reply, one that passed the censors!

Oh crap, the reply is from been-there, citing scrapbookpages.com, twice, scrapbookpages.com apparently conforming to rule #2 ("as much as possible, factual information offered must be cited with verifiable references"). Scrapbookpages.com is ok but not Nessie trying to make an argument against what the OP asserts.

No one could design a better clown show than the one been-there has going there (the hilarity heightened when k0nsl and Fish-Traynor weigh in in The Memory Hole): in a week, he's received two replies - one from Nessie which he wouldn't allow to be posted because it expressed disagreement with the OP, the second reply from himself. LOL

All compensated for by expert commentary from DasPrussian and Duke Umeroffen. Psssst, Nessie, read Montague . . .

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:31 am

Montague's bibliography, which underscores how pathetic the early RODOH exchanges on Chełmno are, is mostly online here. Even in this subforum a partial list of sources/evidence for Chełmno was posted back in November 2015 (the HC folks could expand greatly on my list). Yet at RODOH they stumble around using HEART/deathcamps.org, crapbookpages, Jewish Gen, and so on, although I see that Nessie has tried introducing the Łódź Judenrat records and material on archaeological work at the camp in the main forum discussion where it appears discussion of Chełmno is permitted. Still. Sigh.

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster

Post by Jeff_36 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:28 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Montague's bibliography, which underscores how pathetic the early RODOH exchanges on Chełmno are, is mostly online here. Even in this subforum a partial list of sources/evidence for Chełmno was posted back in November 2015 (the HC folks could expand greatly on my list). Yet at RODOH they stumble around using HEART/deathcamps.org, crapbookpages, Jewish Gen, and so on, although I see that Nessie has tried introducing the Łódź Judenrat records and material on archaeological work at the camp in the main forum discussion where it appears discussion of Chełmno is permitted. Still. Sigh.
It can safely be said that in terms of source materiel and research, the deniers are about a decade behind the rest of us.

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Post by Xcalibur » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:00 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Montague's bibliography, which underscores how pathetic the early RODOH exchanges on Chełmno are, is mostly online here. Even in this subforum a partial list of sources/evidence for Chełmno was posted back in November 2015 (the HC folks could expand greatly on my list). Yet at RODOH they stumble around using HEART/deathcamps.org, crapbookpages, Jewish Gen, and so on, although I see that Nessie has tried introducing the Łódź Judenrat records and material on archaeological work at the camp in the main forum discussion where it appears discussion of Chełmno is permitted. Still. Sigh.

Ever watched chimps jerk off in a zoo... Not an uncommon occurrence. :lol:

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Post by Xcalibur » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:32 am

And been there with his own sub forum blathering only with himself has taken onanistic tendencies to a new level...

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Post by Xcalibur » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:49 am

So somebody should make a TV soap outta this BS: "As the Swastika Turns". Hargis gets lead billing in a kinda Tab Hunter role (only more {!#%@} up and over-acted). Ericunt co-stars as the dissaffected troubled, rebellious young idiot who can't quite get anything right. Berg co-stars as the aging ex horror film actor, kinda like Boris Karloff.. Werd plays the hopeless paranoid mental patient, "incarcerated for his political beliefs". Traynor, LB and LGR play roles as part of the Cliveden Set as they are sad, washed up extras hired from old Mary Millington films .

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:45 am

Xcalibur wrote:So somebody should make a TV soap outta this BS: "As the Swastika Turns". Hargis gets lead billing in a kinda Tab Hunter role (only more {!#%@} up and over-acted). Ericunt co-stars as the dissaffected troubled, rebellious young idiot who can't quite get anything right. Berg co-stars as the aging ex horror film actor, kinda like Boris Karloff.. Werd plays the hopeless paranoid mental patient, "incarcerated for his political beliefs". Traynor, LB and LGR play roles as part of the Cliveden Set as they are sad, washed up extras hired from old Mary Millington films .
The closest thing to this is "Mother Night" where Nick Nolte plays Howard Campbell, a traitorous pro Nazi Radio announcer, who returns to post war USA and hangs with insane Neo Nazis.

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster

Post by Jeff_36 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:29 am

Xcalibur wrote:So somebody should make a TV soap outta this BS: "As the Swastika Turns". Hargis gets lead billing in a kinda Tab Hunter role (only more {!#%@} up and over-acted). Ericunt co-stars as the dissaffected troubled, rebellious young idiot who can't quite get anything right. Berg co-stars as the aging ex horror film actor, kinda like Boris Karloff.. Werd plays the hopeless paranoid mental patient, "incarcerated for his political beliefs". Traynor, LB and LGR play roles as part of the Cliveden Set as they are sad, washed up extras hired from old Mary Millington films .
what about Grand Wizard Smith?

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:09 am

Xcalibur wrote:And been there with his own sub forum blathering only with himself has taken onanistic tendencies to a new level...
It is all so RODOH and so been-there: thus far only a single reply to been-there's OP in his "Formal Proposition" on Chełmno - from been-there, but 35 replies (many of them about the RULES) to Nessie's main forum thread on his rejected reply to the "Formal Proposition" OP. Plus 44 replies in the Memory Hole discussing the RULES of the new subforum, most of them about why Nessie's responses to the "Formal Proposition" have been censored (discussing discussion as a form of avoidance, too?). Their lack of self-awareness would be tragic if they were not buffoons.

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Post by Xcalibur » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:40 am

It's called wankIng... RODOH not in "terminal decline", RODOH dead.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:39 am

This subforum, too. Maybe it's HD that's dead?

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster

Post by Jeff_36 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:02 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:This subforum, too. Maybe it's HD that's dead?
Let's wait for the next HC schnid to come out before we bust out the funeral garb and the pipe organ.

Cerdic
Poster

Post by Cerdic » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:23 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:This subforum, too. Maybe it's HD that's dead?
When was the last significant HD release - book, documentary, or so on? I don't follow as closely these days, but I don't recall their being one in 2015 or so far this year. The MGK machine has broken down. All they have now is the declining forums.
„(...) Wenn wir irgendetwas beim Nationalsozialismus anerkennen, dann ist es die Anerkennung, daß ihm zum ersten Mal in der deutschen Politik die restlose Mobilisierung der menschlichen Dummheit gelungen ist.“ Kurt Schumacher 23. Februar 1932

Vote Your Conscience.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:39 am

the last big event I can recall was Peter Winter LOL (unless grinding out HHB titles and Eric Hunt videos are big events . . . )

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster

Post by Jeff_36 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:30 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:the last big event I can recall was Peter Winter LOL (unless grinding out HHB titles and Eric Hunt videos are big events . . . )
Deniers are easily 20 years behind real scholarship on the period, and Winter is 20 years behind the other deniers.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed May 04, 2016 11:33 am

Jeff_36 wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:the last big event I can recall was Peter Winter LOL (unless grinding out HHB titles and Eric Hunt videos are big events . . . )
Deniers are easily 20 years behind real scholarship on the period, and Winter is 20 years behind the other deniers.
The Chełmno back and forth is a case in point: I cannot find a single reference to the excellent book on Chełmno by Patrick Montague (2012) - and I found just one to Shmuel Krakowski's book on the camp (2009)* - in the recent RODOH threads on this. And actually not by Nessie or anyone else posting there either. It's all about hemorrhoid ads, logical fellating, and "did too"/"did not" - and, oh, technical BS on burning of corpses, as though Rollo the ganger is a fire investigation specialist. You'd think that the recent scholarship on Chełmno would be the starting point for exploration of what happened there - but not at RODOH. It doesn't even warrant a direct mention.

The overall level of discussion at RODOH is disgraceful; worse yet, it is boring.

* quoted in a copy/paste from a footnote to an HC table on deportations to Chełmno (Muehlenkamp blog entry)

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster

Post by Jeff_36 » Wed May 04, 2016 4:25 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Jeff_36 wrote:
The Chełmno back and forth is a case in point: I cannot find a single reference to the excellent book on Chełmno by Patrick Montague (2012) - and I found just one to Shmuel Krakowski's book on the camp (2009)* - in the recent RODOH threads on this. And actually not by Nessie or anyone else posting there either. It's all about hemorrhoid ads, logical fellating, and "did too"/"did not" - and, oh, technical BS on burning of corpses, as though Rollo the ganger is a fire investigation specialist. You'd think that the recent scholarship on Chełmno would be the starting point for exploration of what happened there - but not at RODOH. It doesn't even warrant a direct mention.

The overall level of discussion at RODOH is disgraceful; worse yet, it is boring.

* quoted in a copy/paste from a footnote to an HC table on deportations to Chełmno (Muehlenkamp blog entry)
IIRC their corpse burning BS has been disproven from a technical standpoint at HC and elsewhere.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed May 04, 2016 5:07 pm

I am no fire marshal, so I can't say, but neither can they. In the new Formal Propositions corner we have complete silence on the latest research and a fair amount of googling, scrapbookpages, and Wikipedia.