The state of online Holocaust denial

Discussions
Denying-History
Veteran Poster

Re: RODOH in terminal decline?

Post by Denying-History » Tue May 24, 2016 2:18 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:Howdy Everyone.

Mondail on the JREF/ISF forum wants a debate about Eric Hunt's propaganda video "Questioning The Holocaust"

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/fo ... tcount=249

I'll try bring him here, but I have a gut feeling Mondail may be Monsterous. I can't do a vocabulary match because Mondail is a "drive by" propaganda poster on the JREF/ISF forum and thus doesn't talk in his own words much.
I don't see him referring to himself in the third person so, I don't believe it's Monster.
Last edited by Denying-History on Tue May 24, 2016 2:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
« The Terror here is a horrifying fact. There is a fear that reaches down and haunts all sections of the community. No household, however humble, apparently but what lives in constant fear of nocturnal raid by the secret police. . .This particular purge is undoubtedly political. . . It is deliberately projected by the party leaders, who themselves regretted the necessity for it. »
Joseph E. Davies

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue May 24, 2016 2:23 am

Mondail on the JREF/ISF forum wants a debate about Eric Hunt's propaganda video "Questioning The Holocaust"

I'll try bring him here, but I have a gut feeling Mondail may be Monsterous. I can't do a vocabulary match because Mondail is a "drive by" propaganda poster on the JREF/ISF forum and thus doesn't talk in his own words much.
Just to say it, I don't do YouTube. So I will follow along as the dicussion goes, if it does, and pitch in here and there. But, nope, not making myself watch another insufferable attempt at a con job from Hunt. 3-4 of his flops kind of proves the point for me. Did he ever find the Jews who left Warsaw in 1942, the ones he wanted to form a posse to locate, after fleeing the thread on his Treblinka movie?
. . . all right we are two nations . . .

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue May 24, 2016 2:24 am

Denying-History wrote:

I don't see him referring to himself in the third person so, I don't believe it's Monster.
Monster = good guy. Monstrous = boring denier with 3rd person affliction.

Denying-History
Veteran Poster

Post by Denying-History » Tue May 24, 2016 2:28 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Denying-History wrote:

Sounds pretty accurate.

Anyway, from what I can tell in this guys post he seems to be using the same powerful trait Gish Galloping.

1) link a 6 hour 'documentary' or cite a long wall of text calling it irrefutable evidence.

2) when the person their arguring with asks for the relevant parts they say it's not their job to do the work for you.

3) when the person who their arguing with starts picking out errors in logic accuse them of cherry picking.

4) when they as you for the important arguments insist it's not your job to do the research.

5) repeat

From what it seems like is he's at step 3, only at the beginning stage. If Mathew can bring him here that should be a blast!
Last edited by Denying-History on Tue May 24, 2016 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
« The Terror here is a horrifying fact. There is a fear that reaches down and haunts all sections of the community. No household, however humble, apparently but what lives in constant fear of nocturnal raid by the secret police. . .This particular purge is undoubtedly political. . . It is deliberately projected by the party leaders, who themselves regretted the necessity for it. »
Joseph E. Davies

NathanC
Regular Poster

Post by NathanC » Tue May 24, 2016 2:57 am

Denying-History wrote:

Mondial is probably "Enquiring minds". A drive by spammer who posted stuff about Shermer and was never seen again. Probably couldn't handle the level of discussion here.

I hate to say this, but Mondial probably isn't Moronstrous. Moronstrous at least TRIES to portray some semblance of intelligent conversation. Mondial is a pure spammer: stupid enough to fall for denier BS and too stupid to explain it in their own words

"Enquiring minds'" spam can be seen here.
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=25620&p=466399&hilit=Shermer denying history#p466399

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue May 24, 2016 9:55 am

Mondial was relatively active at JREF in 2011-2012. I recall him/her as a very basic denier, a bit fundamentalist, but lacking the online personality quirks of Monstrous, not memorable other than being a run-of-the-mill repeater of inanity.

Took a peak at the thread Matthew linked to and couldn't help noticing that Nessie posted this:
One uncredited headline in the Daily Express in 1932 is used by deniers to claim the Jews started it all...

Fact is it was a sensationalist headline about a proposed boycott.
Sigh. 1932. One headline is all. Ok then.

Denying-History
Veteran Poster

Post by Denying-History » Tue May 24, 2016 1:41 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Mondial was relatively active at JREF in 2011-2012. I recall him/her as a very basic denier, a bit fundamentalist, but lacking the online personality quirks of Monstrous, not memorable other than being a run-of-the-mill repeater of inanity.

Took a peak at the thread Matthew linked to and couldn't help noticing that Nessie posted this:
One uncredited headline in the Daily Express in 1932 is used by deniers to claim the Jews started it all...

It was on March 24th 1933.

It's just a hitlerite call, nothing else. It's pretty sad that it's their only evidence for the Jewish 'blockade' of German goods. It no shock deniers use it. It's rather laughable. Nazis using Nazi propaganda for a source for history. :lol:
Last edited by Denying-History on Tue May 24, 2016 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joseph E. Davies

Jeff_36
Has More Than 5K Posts
Location: At the hundredth meridian, where the great plains begin

Post by Jeff_36 » Tue May 24, 2016 1:45 pm

NathanC wrote:
Denying-History wrote:

Mondial is probably "Enquiring minds". A drive by spammer who posted stuff about Shermer and was never seen again. Probably couldn't handle the level of discussion here.

I hate to say this, but Mondial probably isn't Moronstrous. Moronstrous at least TRIES to portray some semblance of intelligent conversation. Mondial is a pure spammer: stupid enough to fall for denier BS and too stupid to explain it in their own words

"Enquiring minds'" spam can be seen here.
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=25620&p=466399&hilit=Shermer denying history#p466399
I woulden`t call the hallucinatory accidental spoofing that monstrous put out ``intelligent conversation``. The guy more or less developed a tactic:

1. post a paranoid, utterly insane conspiracy theory with no evidence
2. get his chicklets loosened
3. claim victory
4. repeat.

He is, IMO the second dumbest denier of all time (Clayton Moore appears to be the consensus numero uno, CT holds the third spot and David and Mary round off the list)

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue May 24, 2016 6:29 pm

Denying-History wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:Mondial was relatively active at JREF in 2011-2012. I recall him/her as a very basic denier, a bit fundamentalist, but lacking the online personality quirks of Monstrous, not memorable other than being a run-of-the-mill repeater of inanity.

It's just a hitlerite call, nothing else. It's pretty sad that it's their only evidence for the Jewish 'blockade' of German goods. It no shock deniers use it. It's rather laughable. Nazis using Nazi propaganda for a source for history. :lol:
Just so, except there is a lot more to this claim than a single newspaper headline. Despite been-there's barking about historians ignoring the German boycott calls, Friedlander IIRC and especially now Cesarani are quite good on the time period and issues.

Jeff_36
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Jeff_36 » Tue May 24, 2016 9:26 pm

Denying-History wrote:

Just so, except there is a lot more to this claim than a single newspaper headline. Despite been-there's barking about historians ignoring the German boycott calls, Friedlander IIRC and especially now Cesarani are quite good on the time period and issues.
The Nazis drew first blood there.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue May 24, 2016 9:43 pm

It's kind of a silly debate, focusing on this headline and the accompanying news item, which deniers don't explain remotely right, but, ok, sure, the Nazis had been hounding and beating up and threatening Jews since the '20s. Anyone with even half a brain knew that their coming to power was a bad thing for German Jews. Jewish organizations were correct to oppose them. It is funny - supposedly Jews were passive and took whatever {!#%@} came their way, yet when they took proactive measures, they're said to be inciting war. Jesus. I just don't want to lose the dimension here that Jews did take action (and non-Jews too) and their actions worried the Nazis about their international situation. Maybe I'll post some of what Cesarani says - I kind of wonder if I already did? Oops, yes, we got into this here.

Balsamo
Veteran Poster

Post by Balsamo » Tue May 24, 2016 11:26 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:It's kind of a silly debate, focusing on this headline and the accompanying news item, which deniers don't explain remotely right, but, ok, sure, the Nazis had been hounding and beating up and threatening Jews since the '20s. Anyone with even half a brain knew that their coming to power was a bad thing for German Jews. Jewish organizations were correct to oppose them. It is funny - supposedly Jews were passive and took whatever {!#%@} came their way, yet when they took proactive measures, they're said to be inciting war. Jesus. I just don't want to lose the dimension here that Jews did take action (and non-Jews too) and their actions worried the Nazis about their international situation. Maybe I'll post some of what Cesarani says - I kind of wonder if I already did? Oops, yes, we got into this here.
Fortunately there were/are a bit more historians on that than just Friedlander and Cesarini, nevertheless the recent "scandals" in the news , as well as the post you quoted, clearly shows that it is far from being a very popular topic, and not only the boycott stuff, but the whole 1930's, joined by many anachronic concepts like "the so called passivity of the Jews" ( which in my childhood memories is supposed to refer to the way they supposedly let them killed en masse), and it is a sad thing.

And yes, the Jewish Boycott, really hurts a already economically shaken Germany, but i am not sure it was a great move. Most German Jewish organizations begged them NOT to do it, anyway.
Ans as matter of fact, it kind of add seeds to the Nazi rhetoric. To be precise, their action was one year too early. It is the pre-emptive nature of the strike i disapprove.
But it has some positive effect, like the emmigration of tens of thousands jews to Palestine, ;)... 0k, not now...

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue May 24, 2016 11:40 pm

Definitely good spirit. I go back and forth on the tactic - it was right to lay down a marker, even if it would irritate the Nazis, but boycotts are quite tricky in general, let alone in the situation of 1933-1934. IIRC in some US cities - I think this was true of Quakers in Philadelphia - it was non-Jews who made up the backbone of the boycott effort. Jewish organizations were split - but most German Jewish organizations were against and tried to head the thing off. It's wrong to simplify this. There are a number of articles and pieces on it, I named some in been-there's endless Rodoh thread.

Did you see my post earlier today on Austria?

Balsamo
Veteran Poster

Post by Balsamo » Tue May 24, 2016 11:49 pm

Yes, we have been through this {!#%@} on rodoh...more than hundred unreadable threads now, i think.

Still it is my feeling - due to a recent experience on rodoh - that we should mainly rely on history in fighting stupidity, and some seem to lose touch with history, even if they feel it is for the "good cause".

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue May 24, 2016 11:55 pm

Balsamo wrote:Yes, we have been through this {!#%@} on rodoh...more than hundred unreadable threads now, i think.

Still it is my feeling - due to a recent experience on rodoh - that we should mainly rely on history in fighting stupidity, and some seem to lose touch with history, even if they feel it is for the "good cause".
That is the point I was trying to convey - there is a lot to the story surrounding the newspaper headline - a lot more than who started it - and the rev/debunking debate obscures almost all of the history, which is interesting (why I focus on Friedlander and Cesarani) for the Jewish perspective and also for Third Reich economic and foreign policy, not to mention the major powers.

So, what about Austria?

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Post by Xcalibur » Wed May 25, 2016 2:32 am

They don't do "history" there. Never have. They think they know what it is.

Denying-History
Veteran Poster

Post by Denying-History » Wed May 25, 2016 2:48 am

Xcalibur wrote:They don't do "history" there. Never have. They think they know what it is.
Eh Nessie kind of does history... But there really isn't that much to expect out of a denial movement. They will attack in any way they can, and it doesn't fix a thing. I'm just waiting for one of them to deny all the Axis and Soviet atrocities, I haven't seen one yet but that would definitely be a show.
Joseph E. Davies

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Post by Xcalibur » Wed May 25, 2016 4:00 am

They might as well just go all out and get with the 9/11 cretins... Let's have it out. Put up or shut up. And they'll never do it... because they want that half-assed train to just keep rolling along.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed May 25, 2016 11:31 am

@ Balsamo, I think I was unclear about Austria. Yesterday I posted in this thread about your exchange with Nessie on Austria in '38 - did you see that?

@ D-H: As to Nessie doing history, not really. Unless s/he has changed. Nessie when posting here shied away from working with primary and secondary sources on the period in favor of using a more or less deductive approach into which were thrown weblinks and the like. When I read the exchanges Nessie is part of at Rodoh, I mostly am filled with great wonder - that so many posts can be made about so little. I do find myself muttering silently, "Read an effing book." I'm with Xcalibur on this one.

Jeff_36
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Jeff_36 » Wed May 25, 2016 2:17 pm

Nessie can be painfully weak at times, but he was of assistance in my inaugural thread here.

Denying-History
Veteran Poster

Post by Denying-History » Wed May 25, 2016 2:23 pm

Jeff_36 wrote:Nessie can be painfully weak at times...
This is a-lot more accurate of a description of Nessie then I could ever make. Not saying this to be rude to Nessie. S/he can be helpful but from my experience with s/he at Rodoh her/his assistance was very counter productive for my case for the Korherr report.
Joseph E. Davies

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed May 25, 2016 3:35 pm

Not to pile on, but in the Majdanek thread, Nessie spun up a CT that the museum website never mentioned the gas chambers. This came from hurried clicking around, I would guess. Here's what I replied. Really weak. (By the way, the museum has had its website done over, poorly IMO, and the links in my post are thus dead. I assure you that the new website mentions the gas chambers. It's just a wrong, and somewhat lazy, way of working that's so irritating . . . sorry, but it is irritating to me, I don't care about "sides" of a supposed debate here.

Looking through that thread for the link above, I found a really funny part. Something calling itself "Black Rabbit" posted that I should not be allowed to comment in the thread! LOL.

Denying-History
Veteran Poster

Post by Denying-History » Wed May 25, 2016 3:54 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Not to pile on, but in the Majdanek thread, Nessie spun up a CT that the museum website never mentioned the gas chambers. This came from hurried clicking around, I would guess. Here's what I replied. Really weak. (By the way, the museum has had its website done over, poorly IMO, and the links in my post are thus dead. I assure you that the new website mentions the gas chambers. It's just a wrong, and somewhat lazy, way of working that's so irritating . . . sorry, but it is irritating to me, I don't care about "sides" of a supposed debate here.

Looking through that thread for the link above, I found a really funny part. Something calling itself "Black Rabbit" posted that I should not be allowed to comment in the thread! LOL.
:lol: black rabbit is willing to provide information but he tries his best to assert he knows more. This is most likely why he spends so much on book.

I will admit though the old website might have been worse, but it's search actually worked. The modern one doesn't. Ever since the update the site has gone down hill. They are trying to appeal to the youth a bit to much, and the only website that has pulled off the newer refinded look is the USHMM. This is cause they have a good system for it and they have a larger staff then were Kranz works. This larger staff though has its cons, mostly cause the poor updating or putting notes on their site, which is something yad vashem does do if you report it.

For example here.
http://collections.yadvashem.org/photos ... 59806.html
Joseph E. Davies

Denying-History
Veteran Poster

Post by Denying-History » Wed May 25, 2016 3:55 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Not to pile on, but in the Majdanek thread, Nessie spun up a CT that the museum website never mentioned the gas chambers. This came from hurried clicking around, I would guess. Here's what I replied. Really weak. (By the way, the museum has had its website done over, poorly IMO, and the links in my post are thus dead. I assure you that the new website mentions the gas chambers. It's just a wrong, and somewhat lazy, way of working that's so irritating . . . sorry, but it is irritating to me, I don't care about "sides" of a supposed debate here.

:lol: black rabbit is willing to provide information but he tries his best to assert he knows more. This is most likely why he spends so much on book.

I will admit though the old website might have looked worse, but it's search actually worked. The modern one doesn't. Ever since the update the site has gone down hill as a source of information (on the gas chambers). They are trying to appeal to the youth a bit to much, and the only website that has pulled off the newer refinded look is the USHMM. This is cause they have a good system for it and they have a larger staff then were Kranz works. This larger staff though has its cons, mostly cause the poor updating or putting notes on their site, which is something yad vashem does do if you report it.

For example here.
http://collections.yadvashem.org/photos ... 59806.html
Joseph E. Davies

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed May 25, 2016 4:15 pm

Agree on the website, big step backwards for information

Denying-History
Veteran Poster

Post by Denying-History » Wed May 25, 2016 4:25 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Agree on the website, big step backwards for information
You can still access their old pages thankfully, but no images are there.

http://www.majdanek.home.pl/articles.ph ... =110&lng=1
Joseph E. Davies

Jeff_36
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Jeff_36 » Wed May 25, 2016 5:24 pm

I always wondered if that `Black Rabbit`was the same person as the pillow fisted troll of HC. Naturally he denies it but he is a proven liar and distorter of facts so......

Denying-History
Veteran Poster

Post by Denying-History » Wed May 25, 2016 6:03 pm

Jeff_36 wrote:I always wondered if that `Black Rabbit`was the same person as the pillow fisted troll of HC. Naturally he denies it but he is a proven liar and distorter of facts so......
In a post on HC he claimed Pressac said that there was no Zyklon B gassings at Majdanek. You can see it here.

http://holocaustcontroversies.blogspot. ... n.html?m=1

In reality Pressac only concluded that Zyklon is a hard thing to back up in the camp. There are no testimonies of gassings in the camp that involve watching someone use a ladder to climb to drop in the gas.

Joseph E. Davies

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed May 25, 2016 6:42 pm

D-H: I can't follow this. What's the image with text from? Is that Pressac?

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Monster » Wed May 25, 2016 7:27 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote: Monster = good guy. Monstrous = boring denier with 3rd person affliction.
:mrgreen:
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

Denying-History
Veteran Poster

Post by Denying-History » Wed May 25, 2016 7:30 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:D-H: I can't follow this. What's the image with text from? It is actually not accurate. Is that Pressac?
Its not very accurate, mostly cause its an older writing from Pressac, its part of his response to Leuchter. The Text isn't very accurate and most likely not well researched like Kranz. Pressac himself never really did a huge amount of writing outside Auschwitz from what I am aware. Though I do know there is gassing testimony from prisoners talking about how they had to carry out zyklon to the gas chambers.

As for the image is a cut down on a screenshot form my phone. Its from my google translated version of pressac.
Joseph E. Davies

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed May 25, 2016 7:35 pm

Thanks, yeah I have one testimony about rooftop introduction of "something" and I think I recall another one. If you know of any, I am curious to learn about them.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed May 25, 2016 7:36 pm

Monster wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote: Monster = good guy. Monstrous = boring denier with 3rd person affliction.
:mrgreen:
Ya gotta be very careful with names in these parts! LOL

Denying-History
Veteran Poster

Post by Denying-History » Wed May 25, 2016 8:08 pm

I don't know of any testimonies of them getting on the roof, I cannot exactly remember the survivors name... But she was forced to carry our Zyklon B to the gas chambers. She testified at the Majdanek trial of 1975-1981. I cannot remember her name though. I don't have a transcript of this trial, though ill look for one. Her testimony gets a mention in Blind Eye to Murder: Britain, America & the Purging of Nazi Germany.
Joseph E. Davies

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed May 25, 2016 8:33 pm

Thanks! I had that transcript but can't find it now - ugh. From Bower's book:
With a conviction that goes beyond purely professional duty to a client, he insisted that no one, including animals was gassed at Majdanek. 'Even if there were gas chambers at Majdanek,' he told the author, 'it doesn't mean that they were the reason for the death of a lot of people, because it is possible that the gas chambers were used to clean clothes.'4 Bock, who claimed that Lachert went to Majdanek as if it was just another job, 'like being a cook in a kitchen', insisted that she had no idea that anyone was being gassed or killed in the camp. That defence did not prevent him demanding, when a former inmate explained how she had been forced by a defendant to carry Zyklon B gas to the gas chambers, that the witness be charged as an accomplice to murder.
Unnamed here.

Denying-History
Veteran Poster

Post by Denying-History » Wed May 25, 2016 8:56 pm

I personally have no idea where to find this transcript sadly enough, I went through it once and that's really it... That's a huge shame to, I was about to start skimming around in search of her name in the book. :|
Joseph E. Davies

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed May 25, 2016 9:33 pm

I found it - it's also here at Yad Vashem.

Denying-History
Veteran Poster

Post by Denying-History » Wed May 25, 2016 9:36 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:I found it - it's also here at Yad Vashem.
Nice find! :) and thanks for giving the link.
Joseph E. Davies

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed May 25, 2016 9:38 pm

Only right now nothing is appearing in the viewer hmmmm . . . I will have IT look into this :)

Denying-History
Veteran Poster

Post by Denying-History » Wed May 25, 2016 9:52 pm

Works for me, I will most likely translate this to English (Not with Google). It will take a while but will be worth it.
Joseph E. Davies