RODOH in terminal decline?

Discussions
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Re: RODOH in terminal decline?

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:11 am

Perhaps it is time, given the interest some have evinced in returning this subforum to discussion of the Holocaust (and closely related topics), to ask Pyrrho (very nicely) to move the Trump thread to a politics subforum? Might that underscore the focus here and eliminate the distraction of the Orange Excrescence?
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:26 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Perhaps it is time, given the interest some have evinced in returning this subforum to discussion of the Holocaust (and closely related topics), to ask Pyrrho (very nicely) to move the Trump thread to a politics subforum? Might that underscore the focus here and eliminate the distraction of the Orange Excrescence?

I agree.
“I noticed this morning that a group of our Landsberg friends have been given their freedom this morning. These include...Schubert, Jost and Nosske. Schubert confessed to...supervising the execution of about 800 Jews...(referring to the order to clean up Simferopol)...Schubert managed to kill all the Jews (by Christmas 1941). Nosske was the one the other defendants called the biggest bloodhound....
Noel, Noel, what the hell.”
Benjamin Ferencz in a letter to Telford Taylor, December 1951

Nessie
Persistent Poster

Post by Nessie » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:35 am

As Werd and NSDAP resort to claiming it is impossible to disprove something exists (by misunderstanding Russell's teapot) NSDAP makes this extraordinary claim (with pictures)

https://rodoh.info/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 86#p126881

"If something does not exist, never has done, it is impossible to disprove it. How many times does this need to be discussed. No one can disprove the existence of Santa....."
Audiophile, motorbiker and sceptic.

Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: Dwayne de Schwamp

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:47 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:Perhaps it is time, given the interest some have evinced in returning this subforum to discussion of the Holocaust (and closely related topics), to ask Pyrrho (very nicely) to move the Trump thread to a politics subforum? Might that underscore the focus here and eliminate the distraction of the Orange Excrescence?

I agree.

I too.
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it.”

― Frédéric Bastiat (1801–1850), French economist

Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:02 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:With an apparent straight face, VFX/NSDAP (whose posts are truly disturbing in a clinical sense) just trotted out Moshe Peer again - and gave him his own thread. Do these buffoons believe that repeating this kind of nonsense will convince their audience, which consists mostly of Nessie?
I would like to have replied to NSDAP, but can't do so because I'd have to get a username and password at RODOH, and I'd feel polluted doing that.

Of course, the evidence NSDAP claims is nonexistent (and hence an excuse not to reply) is mountainous. Just one example: the memo from the Saurer Company, explaining how its vans needed to be modified so that the "contents" would all be dead upon arrival at their destination. Can't have too much empty space there, because it takes too long to fill it with the exhaust from the vehicle. But shortening the cargo hold would put too much strain on the front axle. On the other hand those "contents" have a tendency to rush to the rear doors, which would relieve the strain on the front axle. And it would be useful to put a light in the cargo compartment to keep the "contents" from mobbing the exit doors when they are closed, out of fear of the darkness, etc. (Very strange behavior for these "contents," never referred to in the memo as human beings.)

But on the other hand, never mind; NSDAP can deny any evidence. He'd say the document was forged, no matter how many forensic tests it passed.
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it.”

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:12 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:

I agree.

I too.

Don’t be a stranger if it gets moved, Upton_O_Goode.
“I noticed this morning that a group of our Landsberg friends have been given their freedom this morning. These include...Schubert, Jost and Nosske. Schubert confessed to...supervising the execution of about 800 Jews...(referring to the order to clean up Simferopol)...Schubert managed to kill all the Jews (by Christmas 1941). Nosske was the one the other defendants called the biggest bloodhound....

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:50 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:

I agree.

I too.

agree!

Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:21 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:

I agree.

I too.

agree!

Count on it!

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:29 pm

Stat Mech: care to share why you started Trump in the HD forum to begin with? As you have me on ignore, you no doubt missed my own once posted guess/criticism of the issue.

And....I notice you aren't posting on that forum any more. Cant be a lack of interest in the subject, so what gives?

Inquiring minds want to know........//// Heh, heh--as Trump is revealing more and more consistently, HD becoming more relevant all the time.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:42 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
I would like to have replied to NSDAP, but can't do so because I'd have to get a username and password at RODOH, and I'd feel polluted doing that.
No one can blame you for that. I joined and go back on occasion but I’m somewhat immune to the pollution.

:D

Though you and been-there would be interesting....
But on the other hand, never mind; NSDAP can deny any evidence. He'd say the document was forged, no matter how many forensic tests it passed.
It is convenient, yes? Though no one can ever say exactly who forged what. We tried with Monstrous, our dearly departed denier who claimed many forgeries but was never able to explain how.

Of course Monstrous also claimed a German Gulag where they parked their deniers without trial. That made my mouth drop open, laugh hysterically and put him at the top of my dumbest deniers.

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:02 am

I only stop in there when my curiosity regarding obscure primitive cultures is piqued...

Pyrrho
Administrator

Post by Pyrrho » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:15 am

I can move the thread, sure, but which one of you guys broke the layout?

Oh, wait, I see it...when someone "soft deletes" a post I get an option to show the post, like if you have someone on ignore, only my version of it breaks the page layout.

I could probably fix it. Sure. Yeah.

First, I will move this topic to the Politics subforum.

Locking temporarily while I do that.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Pyrrho
Administrator

Post by Pyrrho » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:19 am

Wait, did I move the wrong topic?
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:25 am

Pyrrho wrote:Wait, did I move the wrong topic?
Trump thread was the agreed upon.

But feel free to bin this one altogether, imho.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:16 am

Balmoral95 wrote:
Pyrrho wrote:Wait, did I move the wrong topic?
Trump thread was the agreed upon.
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=27757

Pyrrho
Administrator

Post by Pyrrho » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:59 am

This is what happens when you have a person who is MAD WITH POWER in a certain position. I should tweet something in Title Case! Sad!

Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:10 am

Just got a message from a colleague in Europe, who tells me he started to write a book on the Third Reich a decade or so ago, but couldn't go through with it. As he explained,
I got to around three-quarters of the way through the book but became so depressed by its content that I set it to one side. The ways in which the Nazis were using the technologies and manipulating the 1940's version of big data is chilling when we consider this in the light of the technologies that are available today. In some ways I think I got too close to this history and wasn't really able at the time to cope with what I was seeing. The German minister of police gave me access to the long locked up Hollerith Bunker, which is now within the military police training compound adjacent to Dachau. Walking through that space with a torch in my hand is something I will never forget.
I wonder how many at RODOH have checked out this bunker.

Darren Wilshak
Regular Poster

Post by Darren Wilshak » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:56 pm

Interesting I don't think people completely opposite to Cactfecker or whatever he wants to call himself as he fritters his life away, rated that book overmuch on the Hollerith tabulating machines though.

Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:05 pm

I presume it's Black's book you are referring to. My correspondent says enigmatically that he dug into the IBM connection and was very unsettled by what he learned, but so far he hasn't written the details to me.

While the Hollerith cards themselves are ethically neutral (although even their use in the American census has some racial baggage attached), the question is, to what extent did IBM know about the uses the Nazis were making of the cards? Could they have tailor-made the cards in complete ignorance of their eventual use? While guilt by association is to be avoided, it's still unsettling that the Nazis gave Watson a medal (which he returned in 1940, not because of Kristallnacht two years earlier, or because the Germans were continuing to persecute Jews, but because they were bombing Paris) and that there were direct business dealings between IBM and its German affiliate:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/edwin-bl ... 01691.html

Edwin Black wrote:...a newly released copy of a subsequent letter dated June 10, 1941, drafted by IBM’s New York office, confirms that IBM headquarters personally directed the activities of its Dutch subsidiary set up in 1940 to identify and liquidate the Jews of Holland. Hence, while IBM engaged in the public relations maneuver of returning the medal, the company was actually quietly expanding its role in Hitler’s Holocaust. Similar subsidiaries, sometimes named as a variant of “Watson Business Machines,” were set up in Poland, Vichy France, and elsewhere on the Continent in cadence with the Nazi takeover of Europe.

Darren Wilshak
Regular Poster

Post by Darren Wilshak » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:37 pm

Yes it was Upton, exactly. I'm no expert though I only sort of report. Interesting to tie it down further so that an H studies expert would look at it. Intriguing to hear more as an opinion can always change.

Darren Wilshak
Regular Poster

Post by Darren Wilshak » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:48 pm

Pyrrho wrote:This is what happens when you have a person who is MAD WITH POWER in a certain position. I should tweet something in Title Case! Sad!
Can we make an appeal. I mean are you a gonna move that sucker back or just let it be filed wrongly or rightly?

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:57 am

This one cracked me up: https://rodoh.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3337. For me, a post like that is comedy gold - and the Third Reich had the advantage of getting itself cleansed of Jews, er, cosmopolitans in favor of healthy Volksgenossen. This NSDAP/VFX is unintentionally hilarious.

Elsewhere NSDAP/VFX whined that Nessie is faring so poorly in the Rodoh technical gibberish debates that in his estimation s/he should return to SSF, where NSDAP/VFX seemingly thinks he spent a triumphal 12 nanoseconds (spouting gibberish, getting his ass kicked, and retreating forthwith in cowardly withdrawal to his bunker).

Darren Wilshak
Regular Poster

Post by Darren Wilshak » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:53 pm

Ah deniers and their self protecting victory dances.

Darren Wilshak
Regular Poster

Post by Darren Wilshak » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:20 pm

Mrs. FG. Crapbook pages has fallen silent. CCS observes at codoh.

From JH. via HC forum.

https://forum.codoh.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11870

She's a very elderly woman now so I would not be too surprised, if her name is added to the
denier log of checking outs.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:01 pm

Darren Wilshak wrote:Mrs. FG. Crapbook pages has fallen silent. CCS observes at codoh.

From JH. via HC forum.

https://forum.codoh.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11870

She's a very elderly woman now so I would not be too surprised, if her name is added to the
denier log of checking outs.

I used to spend a lot of time there when I first got into this. She is quite elderly, in her 80’s I believe. I think she started having some problems with her memory. I stopped commenting as much.

Her photographs of various sites and camps show up in a lot of places.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:02 pm

Hey, look!!! Their very own Auschwitz thread!!!!

https://rodoh.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3340

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:05 pm

When Rodoh sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing hyperventilating. They're bringing gibberish theories. They're intellectual dullards and gas chamber obsessives and anti-Semites and Nazi fanboys. And some, I assume, are good people.

Darren Wilshak
Regular Poster

Post by Darren Wilshak » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:06 pm

Yes Jeff I thought it was you, well if she has gone over the threshold or is about to, think good things about her, I guess. You never really had too much beef with her, did you?

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:00 am

Darren Wilshak wrote:Yes Jeff I thought it was you, well if she has gone over the threshold or is about to, think good things about her, I guess. You never really had too much beef with her, did you?
Not really, no. The one thing I liked was she allowed anyone to comment regardless of her views. Most deniers are much more authoritarian. I think her journalism background helped.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:06 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:When Rodoh sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing hyperventilating. They're bringing gibberish theories. They're intellectual dullards and gas chamber obsessives and anti-Semites and Nazi fanboys. And some, I assume, are good people.
But they are breaking the records, the best records, more than Elton John...even if their mouths can’t back up their brain..

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:30 am

Never much cared for the site... Photos were fine, but editorially most of it was very poorly researched innuendo...

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:55 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:Hey, look!!! Their very own Auschwitz thread!!!!

https://rodoh.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3340
"Gassing is a rather recent invention..." Zisblat 163rd redux...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:59 am

This meathead actually says this crapola out loud and then comes here for a conversation?.... WTF?

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:30 am

Don't look now but Mr. Smith is making a rare foray into daylight here just now....

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:36 am

I noticed that and assumed he'd forgotten to click to "hide" button when he looked in this time . . . he could be trying to learn moderation techniques from Pyrrho, no?

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:41 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:I noticed that and assumed he'd forgotten to click to "hide" button when he looked in this time . . . he could be trying to learn moderation techniques from Pyrrho, no?

Either that or he tucked in for an education on Auschwitz.... the Big H was never his strong suit.... :mrgreen:

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:11 am

He’s gone again. Darn, I was going to PM him...
Or maybe he's just in hiding.

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:16 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:He’s gone again. Darn, I was going to PM him...
Or maybe he's just in hiding.
Why not at RODOH?

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:21 am

Who knows? I didn’t invite him, at least not specifically him.

Fine with me if he posts here.

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:25 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:Who knows? I didn’t invite him, at least not specifically him.

Fine with me if he posts here.

Never said he shouldn't... but he won't...