Monstrous on the Einsatzgruppen

Discussions
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Re: Monstrous on the Einsatzgruppen

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:16 pm

Hans Metzner on Mattogno's disingenuous treatment of German sources for gas vans: "Mattogno, his Einsatzgruppen book and the Gas Vans. Part IV: The 'Enormous Contradiction' That Is None"
. . . all right we are two nations America our nation has been beaten by strangers who have bought the laws and fenced off the meadows and cut down the woods for pulp and turned our pleasant cities into slums and sweated the wealth out of our people . . . but do they know that the old words of the immigrants are being renewed in blood and agony tonight . . . the language of the beaten nation is not forgotten in our ears tonight

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:02 pm

Hans' Part V is one of his best dissections of Il Re di Convoluzione - and one of his most fun reads: "Mattogno, his Einsatzgruppen book and the Gas Vans. Part V: Nazi Foreign Office Documents vs. Holocaust Denial".

I don't know what to say. At Codoh, they are still avoiding HC's criticisms - and Mattogno's compendium of errors and nonsense. I've given up on the Rodoh "discussion" as it became typically circular and then meandered, anything to avoid the point. Is Werd still struggling to convince himself that Mattogno's problem is nothing more than a few typos and factual gaffes rather than a misconceived argument and shoddy research in its service?
. . . all right we are two nations America our nation has been beaten by strangers who have bought the laws and fenced off the meadows and cut down the woods for pulp and turned our pleasant cities into slums and sweated the wealth out of our people . . . but do they know that the old words of the immigrants are being renewed in blood and agony tonight . . . the language of the beaten nation is not forgotten in our ears tonight

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:33 pm

Poor Mattogno!

Hans strikes again: "Mattogno, his Einsatzgruppen book and the Gas Vans. Part VI: Gas Van Arithmetic".

Has anyone checked recently to see if Werd is still struggling with all this? Last I recall he was attempting to restate Hans' arguments but garbling them to the point of indecipherability. Werd wants the problem to be Mattogno's typos and small errors of fact, rather than the real situation: a dishonest and flawed argument bolstered by poor research. The jokesters are most likely still joking, eh?

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:01 pm

I decided to take a look at Werd's EG thread at Rodoh. Oh my. Poor chap. Anyway, I'm glad I looked in, as Hans has been trying to explain that, in the words of DabbingIsSoMuchFun, "The whole book is an error unto itself."

. . . worth a quick read.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:01 pm

Werd keeps trying to minimize the gross inadequacy and dishonesty of Mattogno's "scholarship" by pretending that his work has some errors, which Hans and HC have fortunately caught. He thanks Hans, even as Hans slaps down Mattogno's and Werd's absurdities.

But Werd tries excusing the latest Mattogno failure, and his own, writing, "obviously I don't agree with HC on Auschwitz and the AR camps, but the eastern campaign, this is very new territory not only for me, but even for mainstream holocaust research. Even Rudolf once said in an email that it was largely uncharted territory . . ."

Say wot?

Trolljerkoff, FWIW, buys this nonsense and takes some creative license attempting to defend the Nazis in the East: "Thank you Werd, it is new territory. I am getting the impression that the issues with Eastern Camps were the predominence of Ukrainian guards: there is a strong correlation. It is this uncertainty that predominates the holocaust. This is further confused with previous pogroms in the area, the integration of Baltic cops from all over the place, the Jewish bolshevik aspirations as well as the Soviet Deviousness. The events were a huge mixture of horror, it was to easy to blame the Germans in this context."

The Rodoh thread is truly weird. We're just now learning about the Germans' campaign in the East and Nazi atrocities and extermination actions there. People are saying. In all seriousness.

OTOH I have in my files a truly mind-boggling bibliography with between 400 and 500 titles of studies of these issues, some titles from the immediate postwar period, many from the 1990s, 100s from 2000-2009. Mattogno is aware of a fraction of these studies, Werd and Trolljerkoff apparently even fewer. Ah, our buffoonish self-appointed experts and critics, a laugh a minute with them.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:40 pm

. . . Werd's latest post assumes that Hans is there to help Werd take a handful of Mattogno's most glaring errors of fact to Rudolf and thus clean up miscues in Mattogno's Einsatzgruppen book . . . lipstick on a pig?

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:35 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:40 pm
. . . Werd's latest post assumes that Hans is there to help Werd take a handful of Mattogno's most glaring errors of fact to Rudolf and thus clean up miscues in Mattogno's Einsatzgruppen book . . . lipstick on a pig?
Definitely lipstick on a pig.... the errors are only the tip of the iceberg as to what's wrong about the book...

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:33 pm

Hans to Werd:
Tell Rudi that I only take cash for my proof-reading :lol:

I predict that Mattogno won't get his head out of this rope. Some sloppy errors can be fixed, but others are too substantial and fundamental that there is no way that he will be able to keep up his strict denial (without producing the next round of fallacies), plus the massive loss of credibility. And the chapter on gas vans is still long and I have a long breath, so...