Hunts Majdanek film.

Discussions
User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23264
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: Hunts Majdanek film.

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:36 pm

LOL please lord keep that that "dialogue" over at Rodoh!
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

User avatar
Denying-History
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2100
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:01 pm

Re: Hunts Majdanek film.

Post by Denying-History » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:45 pm

I honestly couldn't agree more.
« The Terror here is a horrifying fact. There is a fear that reaches down and haunts all sections of the community. No household, however humble, apparently but what lives in constant fear of nocturnal raid by the secret police. . .This particular purge is undoubtedly political. . . It is deliberately projected by the party leaders, who themselves regretted the necessity for it. »
Joseph E. Davies

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23264
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: Hunts Majdanek film.

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:38 pm

Werd at Rodoh hysterically wonders where Hunt's change of tune leaves him on Majdanek: Hunt's statement indicates that he now believes that at least two of the gas chambers were used for mass murder.
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9587
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Hunts Majdanek film.

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:42 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Werd at Rodoh hysterically wonders where Hunt's change of tune leaves him on Majdanek: Hunt's statement indicates that he now believes that at least two of the gas chambers were used for mass murder.

I think werd is heading for a psychotic break, deeper than the one he's on right now.
“I noticed this morning that a group of our Landsberg friends have been given their freedom this morning. These include...Schubert, Jost and Nosske. Schubert confessed to...supervising the execution of about 800 Jews...(referring to the order to clean up Simferopol)...Schubert managed to kill all the Jews (by Christmas 1941). Nosske was the one the other defendants called the biggest bloodhound....
Noel, Noel, what the hell.”
Benjamin Ferencz in a letter to Telford Taylor, December 1951

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23264
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: Hunts Majdanek film.

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:48 pm

Apparently he cannot subtract 5 from 7 and get 2. That's pretty low.
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

User avatar
Denying-History
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2100
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:01 pm

Re: Hunts Majdanek film.

Post by Denying-History » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:30 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Apparently he cannot subtract 5 from 7 and get 2. That's pretty low.
Remember 12 is equal to 15.
« The Terror here is a horrifying fact. There is a fear that reaches down and haunts all sections of the community. No household, however humble, apparently but what lives in constant fear of nocturnal raid by the secret police. . .This particular purge is undoubtedly political. . . It is deliberately projected by the party leaders, who themselves regretted the necessity for it. »
Joseph E. Davies

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9587
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Hunts Majdanek film.

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:46 pm

:rotfl:
“I noticed this morning that a group of our Landsberg friends have been given their freedom this morning. These include...Schubert, Jost and Nosske. Schubert confessed to...supervising the execution of about 800 Jews...(referring to the order to clean up Simferopol)...Schubert managed to kill all the Jews (by Christmas 1941). Nosske was the one the other defendants called the biggest bloodhound....
Noel, Noel, what the hell.”
Benjamin Ferencz in a letter to Telford Taylor, December 1951

User avatar
Denying-History
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2100
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:01 pm

Re: Hunts Majdanek film.

Post by Denying-History » Wed May 10, 2017 6:48 pm

Thought this might interest Jeff K the most, although I'm sure others will also be interested. (I wouldn't be shocked if SM or TBR already have access to this.)

But I found that yivoarchives has translated a number of documents from the 1944 majdanek trial to English under folder 149:

http://www.yivoarchives.org/index.php?p ... =auschwitz
« The Terror here is a horrifying fact. There is a fear that reaches down and haunts all sections of the community. No household, however humble, apparently but what lives in constant fear of nocturnal raid by the secret police. . .This particular purge is undoubtedly political. . . It is deliberately projected by the party leaders, who themselves regretted the necessity for it. »
Joseph E. Davies

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9587
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Hunts Majdanek film.

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:13 am

Not sure where else to put this but it’s been 75 years since Aktion Erntefest:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aktion_Erntefest
“I noticed this morning that a group of our Landsberg friends have been given their freedom this morning. These include...Schubert, Jost and Nosske. Schubert confessed to...supervising the execution of about 800 Jews...(referring to the order to clean up Simferopol)...Schubert managed to kill all the Jews (by Christmas 1941). Nosske was the one the other defendants called the biggest bloodhound....
Noel, Noel, what the hell.”
Benjamin Ferencz in a letter to Telford Taylor, December 1951

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23264
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: Hunts Majdanek film.

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:37 pm

Finder & Prusin, in their review of the late 1944 Majdanek trial in Poland, state of victims of gassing at Majdanek that “surviving documentation does not permit an estimate of their numbers.” From what I’ve seen, this is correct and why estimates vary and why I’ve worked with ranges and possibilities. (Finder & Prusin, Justice behind the Iron Curtain, p 30, relying on Schwindt’s book and the USHMM encyclopedia)

I've recently updated my Majdanek gas chambers testimonies spreadsheet: of 114 testimonies about gassings at Majdanek that I’ve read or listened to, seen excerpted, or read summaries of or references to, 48 describe the bunker-bathhouse complex generally as the site of gassings, 17 identify the bunker specifically, 19 refer to presumably fixed chambers without specificity as to location, and 11 testimonies refer to a gas van (the remainder are generic, speaking of “gassing” but not clearly where - or the portion of the testimony I’ve seen doesn’t contain specific information).
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23264
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: Hunts Majdanek film.

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:32 pm

In case David has the cojones actually to make a point about Majdanek and support it here, this is a reminder that

1) I welcomed David back here with a simple request about his claim that I'm "too obdurate (or stupid) to understand a construction document": : "I tell you what, you return to the Majdanek thread and show us what you're claiming. Sketch barrack 41 as it is today and show graphically how it is identical to the plan you and Hunt used to go on about."

2) David apparently prefers tossing around unsupported nonsense, because he has yet to pop in here and show us what he means and how it works. Now, the comparative sketches I requested were actually provided 2 years ago by D-H amidst a long discussion of David's false assertions about a Majdanek construction plan and what was actually built at the site of bathhouses nos. 41 & 42:
Denying-History wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:48 pm
scrmbldggs wrote:
David wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote: Hunt's {!#%@} even if he goes on a fishing expedition and finds some such evidence. I've actually found a couple items that make some prisoners on occasion entering from the north a possibility. But I've shown significantly more evidence of prisoners actually entering from the south.
Just so I understand your theory,
If people entered from the southern end, do you claim they exited out of the northern door?
Or do you having them turn around and also exit from the southern door?
It would seem they exited out the western side of barrack 41 - you can see the door on the wall of the tubs leading to the small corridor, the side door to the outside in images showing that angle, and on the sketch by the Soviet Commission...

ETA Image
Look at that short line in the lower third of 41, going to the left pointing at barrack 42.
I think this might help David understand the layout.

Image
(my edit to include schematic which disappeared in thread)

David failed to deal with D-H's post in 2016 as surely as he will fail again, that is, if he has the guts to try.
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9587
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Hunts Majdanek film.

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:58 pm

I sense David is back on his sabbatical.
“I noticed this morning that a group of our Landsberg friends have been given their freedom this morning. These include...Schubert, Jost and Nosske. Schubert confessed to...supervising the execution of about 800 Jews...(referring to the order to clean up Simferopol)...Schubert managed to kill all the Jews (by Christmas 1941). Nosske was the one the other defendants called the biggest bloodhound....
Noel, Noel, what the hell.”
Benjamin Ferencz in a letter to Telford Taylor, December 1951