A chance to speak up for Free Speech

Discussions
Balmoral95
Persistent Poster

Re: A chance to speak up for Free Speech

Post by Balmoral95 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:10 am

Darren Wilshak wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:49 pm
I hae ma doots that he'll be showing up anytime very soon, quite frankly...
Agreed...

Scott Smith

Post by Scott Smith » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:06 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:07 pm

Scott & crew have brought this outrageous suppression of free speech, inquiry and truth-seeking to my attention, been-there has been in the forefront of defending the students' speech rights: Oberlin College ordered to pay bakery $11 million over 'libelous' racism claims - so bold for them to step into this, their forum has practically descended into Free Oberlin 24/7

I don't see everything, and I don't recall ever reading this article or commenting on it aside from despising the Washington Post in general.

Perhaps explain your point... :?:

My view is that, generally speaking, the Left thinks that their literal violence is "free-speech," while the free-speech of the Right is "literally violence."

And with respect to the article, lots of Negroes are dumb enough to actually believe what Shït-Libs typically teach them, e.g., that if you look at them wrong dey do gots da rights to slap yu up side da haid.

If the Negro really did try to steal a couple bottles of whatever, it is too bad that the shopkeeper didn't just cap him a couple of times. End of story.

As far as the nearby Commie-controlled institution of higher education and their conduct, or whether it is legally actionable, I don't know--would need to know more about it. As usual the Post article is not very informative, and I am not too inclined to cold research the issue claimed.

"Trump Derangement Syndrome" has taken quite a toll. Most of the corporate media shills are just babbling idiots. They are caught between the traditional media no longer generating a profitable revenue stream for real news, and activist social media punks trying to meme prurient and mendacious virtue-signals into reality.

This is everywhere at academic institutions, also. Just about everybody is either swilling the "Social Justice" Kool-Aide or else pretending that they are high on their own supply.

The foolish-intolerant seem to actually believe that they are fighting intolerance. Some are just stupid Antifa dupes, and some like the Southern Poverty Law Center are far worse than others, and know exactly what they are doing. But if it this persists it likely will not end well.

In addition, I will say that in my view social media platforms themselves need to be sternly regulated in the interest of the 1st Amendment. They are not "private entities" who can do whatever looks cool, but semi-public monopolies.

For example, for You-Tube or Amazon to censor "Hate" Speech is really no different than the utility company just arbitrarily deciding that you don't worship Jesus or Mohammed in the right way, so to punish and silence you they cut off your electricity.

:)

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:52 am

Scott Smith wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:06 am
Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:07 pm

Scott & crew have brought this outrageous suppression of free speech, inquiry and truth-seeking to my attention, been-there has been in the forefront of defending the students' speech rights: Oberlin College ordered to pay bakery $11 million over 'libelous' racism claims - so bold for them to step into this, their forum has practically descended into Free Oberlin 24/7

I don't see everything, and I don't recall ever reading this article or commenting on it aside from despising the Washington Post in general.

Perhaps explain your point... :?:
Perhaps you will be getting your annual irony-detector adjustment, perhaps not. So, to spell it out for those too blinkered to understand, I was mocking HDers, and your crowd, for the propensity they show for selective bitching. And brave sloganeering. That should have been, irony detector or not, blindingly obvious.

I guess when your head's up your ass, what is obvious to people who can see what's going on around them isn't so obvious to you.

Maybe I should say it another way to be clear: you lot - and, generally speaking, deniers - are a sorry little band of hypocrites when it comes to free speech. I chose to make sport of you guys, sport, because being a hypocrite about free speech is your trademark. I just find funny the juxtaposition of your lot's pompous championing of "justice" and the shitty little cause it's made in defense of.
Scott Smith wrote:
My view is that, generally speaking, the Left thinks that their literal violence is "free-speech," while the free-speech of the Right is "literally violence."
You mean, generally speaking, like this?

Detroit chief: Nazis wanted 'Charlottesville 2.0' at Detroit gay pride event
FBI See Rising White Supremacist Terrorism Cases In Recent Months
Pair of Proud Boys cop plea over Manhattan brawl
Republican discussed violent attacks and surveillance with rightwingers
Poway Synagogue Shooting: One Dead, Three Injured in Shooting at Synagogue Chabad of Poway, Suspect in Custody
Pittsburgh Synagogue Comes Amid Surge Of Anti-Semiticism
Robert Bowers, suspected synagogue shooter, believes migrant caravan is Jewish conspiracy
'I bet $500 they are lying': Trump fans sceptical about pipe bomb arrest
Trump Supporter Arrested After Allegedly Threatening To Kill Members of Congress

Leaving aside what Fish and others have written in your forum - time and again stating approval of violence and mass murder if they can fit it into their agendas - about Breivik, Gabby Giffords, and Christchurch . . . reality has a way of obtruding with inane aphorisms, sport.

Plus, you are literally making {!#%@} up to justify your political views and bigotry.
Scott Smith wrote:
And with respect to the article, lots of Negroes are dumb enough to actually believe what Shït-Libs typically teach them, e.g., that if you look at them wrong dey do gots da rights to slap yu up side da haid.
In reality very few people are dumb enough to lap up the crapola Rodoh feeds its readers. So where does this leave us?

Also, we don't need your ignorant attempts at dialect circa 1840. This performance doesn't help your case - here, apparently, that African Americans are without agency and that a bogeyman called "{!#%@}-Libs" you've invented "teaches" them respond to bigotry with violence - naw, sport, it makes you look like a crude racist. Shoes fitting and all.
Scott Smith wrote:
If the Negro really did try to steal a couple bottles of whatever, it is too bad that the shopkeeper didn't just cap him a couple of times. End of story.
Well it wasn't the end of the story, but I am kind of getting the idea that you're not here to speak up for the speech rights for everyone, including Oberlin College folks, after all: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

I'm staggered. Surely.
Scott Smith wrote:
As far as the nearby Commie-controlled institution of higher education and their conduct, or whether it is legally actionable, I don't know--would need to know more about it. As usual the Post article is not very informative, and I am not too inclined to cold research the issue claimed.
Figures, lazy pos. (The article was chock full o' links to context and related stories, but, never mind . . . )
Scott Smith wrote:
"Trump Derangement Syndrome" has taken quite a toll. Most of the corporate media shills are just babbling idiots. They are caught between the traditional media no longer generating a profitable revenue stream for real news, and activist social media punks trying to meme prurient and mendacious virtue-signals into reality.
Speaking of derangement syndromes, my post didn't mention a word about Bloatus. Maybe the world his presidency takes place in? Close enough for the derangement to show, eh, sport.
Scott Smith wrote:
This is everywhere at academic institutions, also. Just about everybody is either swilling the "Social Justice" Kool-Aide or else pretending that they are high on their own supply.
The state of academia today, in one phrase, from someone who's neither a participant in nor an informed observer of that world. Playing his one note, badly. Just what our dialogue here's been missing: ignorant stereotyping. And off topic tangents. God, we miss you deniers.
Scott Smith wrote:
In addition, I will say that in my view social media platforms themselves need to be sternly regulated in the interest of the 1st Amendment. They are not "private entities" who can do whatever looks cool, but semi-public monopolies.

For example, for You-Tube or Amazon to censor "Hate" Speech is really no different than the utility company just arbitrarily deciding that you don't worship Jesus or Mohammed in the right way, so to punish and silence you they cut off your electricity.
This gobbledygook accepts the special pleading and commercial logic of tech companies that they are mere utilities (purveying to their customers platforms that are today's versions of wires or pipes), rather content providers as well - and it confuses customers with providers. But carry on.
Scott Smith wrote:
?
Last edited by Statistical Mechanic on Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
. . . all right we are two nations . . .

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:15 pm

Scott Smith wrote:

Literal violence is exactly that, regardless of who does it. Whining because your fellow travelers get busted for it is very unbecoming, Scott.
This isn’t RODOH, Scott. Pyrrho doesn’t take kindly to racist language. It got Ian (and others) banned. But if it’s a comfort to you that as a liberal I dislike when a big hullabaloo is pulled over a simple case of shoplifting.
Wow, shoplifting is a crime punishable by death? Who knew? Is it OK if the shop owner also shoots a white shoplifter or would that be an overreaction (in your view)? Or would you lot need to see the color of the shop owner before making that determination? Would you treat that as another example of “white genocide?”
As far as the nearby Commie-controlled institution of higher education and their conduct,
:lol:

To Scott anything that disagrees with his worldview is “Communist.”
Scott, I expect you to understand what “Communism” is. In the words of the orange anus....”Sad!!!!!”
or whether it is legally actionable, I don't know--would need to know more about it. As usual the Post article is not very informative, and I am not too inclined to cold research the issue claimed.
Then why comment about it?
"Trump Derangement Syndrome" has taken quite a toll.
IKR? After all this time it’s the only explanation on why it got elected and why it continues to get so much support.
Trumplings are deranged.

This part is just boring babble. If I want this {!#%@} I have a Facebook denier who babbles at me.
The foolish-intolerant seem to actually believe that they are fighting intolerance.
The irony....it burns....

Some are just stupid Antifa dupes, and some like the Southern Poverty Law Center are far worse than others, and know exactly what they are doing. But if it this persists it likely will not end well.
I hear the unspoken “Day of the Rope......”
Like RODOH?
Scott, that bites both ways. Forums can be included in that. I don’t want that for Skeptics and you sure as {!#%@} don’t want that for RODOH.
LOL
If it’s any comfort to you the YouTube ban is biting both ways. Two of our members got whacked.
A sober appraisal would put Himmler himself in the racially average band, or to some extent even below it: his face was round rather than oval, his nose more broad than slim, his normal bearing more ‘sagging’ than erect...
Longerich: Himmler

Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?
:lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31585&p=713843#p713843

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:37 pm

Scott Smith wrote:

What is that "view" based on? My view, a left one to be sure but probably not a general one, is that I see those committing literal violence, aka: kinetic speech, get arrested routinely. Would be some kind of denial of reality to think such arrests supported any view of consequence free speech/literal violence?

Somewhat contra: on words/ideas/speech typically labeled "hate" speech or inducement to violence which is very similar but a bit difference in some aspects is thought of as "free speech" by anyone who wants to stay out of jail. Very non-partisan/non-political party self interest bias.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:57 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:15 pm
Wow, shoplifting is a crime punishable by death? Who knew? Is it OK if the shop owner also shoots a white shoplifter or would that be an overreaction (in your view)? Or would you lot need to see the color of the shop owner before making that determination? Would you treat that as another example of “white genocide?”
Ya know, I read that and asked myself, WTF is capping? I don't know and read on. Does it actually mean killing? If so, Scott's still 1/128 step better than the members of his forum who want to kill people just for being Muslim or political centrists or whatever, even if they haven't committed capital offenses like shoplifting or driving whilst black. That Scott, he's so fair minded. Give the lad time and he'll work his way up to formal charges for the accused, trials, and punishment proportionate to crimes people are convicted of. Baby steps.

I think Commie is another word for {!#%@}-Lib, no? And they're all fair game.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:02 pm

"I'll put a cap in your ass........" or "I'll cap your ass." //// Uttered by every tough inner city cop who doesn't let the rules get in the way of justice.

Lot's of interest in asses in the rogue cop genre.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:20 pm

Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:57 pm
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:15 pm
Ya know, I read that and asked myself, WTF is capping? I don't know and read on. Does it actually mean killing? If so, Scott's still 1/128 step better than the members of his forum who want to kill people just for being Muslim or political centrists or whatever, even if they haven't committed capital offenses like shoplifting or driving whilst black. That Scott, he's so fair minded. Give the lad time and he'll work his way up to formal charges for the accused, trials, and punishment proportionate to crimes people are convicted of. Baby steps.

I think Commie is another word for {!#%@}-Lib, no? And they're all fair game.
No, Scott thinks it’s perfectly acceptable for a (White) shop owner to “cap him/her” a (Black/Hispanic/etc.) shoplifter. Why waste the taxpayer money on a trial or whatever?

Well, Henry at RODOH wanted to use Soviet methods (AKA a bullet in the back of the head) on me so absolutely. We are all fair game.
A sober appraisal would put Himmler himself in the racially average band, or to some extent even below it: his face was round rather than oval, his nose more broad than slim, his normal bearing more ‘sagging’ than erect...

Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:45 pm

How nice. Well then, we kind of inhabit Scott's dystopia right now. What's he so upset and bitter about?

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:55 pm

IKR? Things are lookin’ up for wannabe cosplay Nazis.

Balmoral95
Persistent Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:39 pm

>"For example, for You-Tube or Amazon to censor "Hate" Speech is really no different than the utility company just arbitrarily deciding that you don't worship Jesus or Mohammed in the right way, so to punish and silence you they cut off your electricity."

Strange analogy...

Scott Smith

Post by Scott Smith » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:40 am

Lots to unpack here and irony is not your guys' strong suit.

A "cap" (from the percussion cap, now called a primer and integrated into a firearm cartridge) is used to detonate a gunpowder charge or fire the cartridge. Specifically "cap yo' ass" is Negro slang for shooting someone (usually another fine, upstanding Negroid citizen). Whites don't use this recognizably "urban" terminology, and I didn't even say anything about asses, m'kay.

The point here is that the Globohomo corporate mass-media, the Democrats, and other Liberals in various countries, obsess ENDLESSLY about gun violence in the United States.

But they never address the RACIAL component of that, and hence ignore the real aspects of crime problems generally.

HInt: Chicago street life is called "Chicongo" for a reason, and it ain't "Rednecks on holiday."

If you remove a certain swarthy demographic from these "oh my God" crime statistics (including firearm crimes) that the Democrats, and Liberals also in other countries, endlessly shriek about, American cities are no more violent than Switzerland or Belgium, or at least the White parts.

When there is a high-profile shooting the surest way to guess the race of the assailant is to see how readily the perpetrator's photo is featured on the news.

If the guy is Black they will try to suppress that information and the attack will be forgotten as soon as the news cycle moves on. To a lesser extent this is true of Muslims as well, such as the attack on the homosexual Pulse nightclub in Florida in 2016 that killed 49 and wounded 53.

If the perpetrator is White you never hear the end of it and they try to find a tenuous connection to anything remotely related to White political interests.

The anti-White mendacity displayed by the corporate news media in fact is so blatant that it is hard to know where to begin. This is true in other countries as well, and this is why any frank talk about "immigrants" is so triggering for Leftists. In some countries without 1st Amendment traditions, just "noticing" is criminalized as Hate Crime.

I'm a law-and-order kind of guy--the kind who believes in the Death Penalty and that civilization requires that the State should be the party that monopolizes force. The only exceptions are in the case of self-defense, and this has long been recognized in the history of law. I don't think I have ever un-ironically supported vigilantes and said anything other than that they have harmed their own causes.

The idea that the United States (usually the Southern United States) is the Land of the Lynchings is a myth--and these vigilance committee lynchings during unstable times pale entirely before the concept of contemporary Negro crime--or Muslim crime in the case of other Western countries.

You are not supposed to notice, Hater.

Most of the other objections here are straw-man arguments that go in too many directions for me to respond to. Pick a reasonable scope and I'll be happy to talk about it.

The current Liberal narrative is that White Rayciss crackers (sometimes Christians) are this incredible malevolent force of criminality that Liberal hipsters think need to be smacked down, literally. This is the message they get from academia and the Globohomo corporate media--and it is rather ironic that they think they are being so very edgy and transgressive as LARPy cultural-Marxist punks running comic street interference for the Globohomo banker establishment.

I've seen these grunge people at harmless David Irving book signings, and with violent Marxist Negroes added to the mix, the whole works is even more volatile, such as the protest at Charlottesville, VA in 2017. As usual the media reversed the roles

The White "Right" had the rally permit to protest the removal of the statue of the venerable General Robert E. Lee, but it was the Left rabble that showed up to Resist! and threw a riot. The Charlottesville authorities and police then handled it extremely badly, as admitted by the independent Heaphy Report.

It is an old Frankfurt School Communist tactic to proclaim that free-speech from the "Right" is literally violence, and must therefore be countered with literal violence, which the Left in heir bottomless cognitive dissonance thinks is their exercise of "free-speech."

And this is what the media teaches feral Blacks, which is why they think they are entitled to misbehave as they please--and why they cannot comply with a simple police traffic stop and then chimp out--even though statistics actually show that police are far more likely to resort to shooting White or Hispanic suspects. The Gonzo "Redneck" journalist Jim Goad, editor of Taki's Magazine, has amply written about this over the years.

If you can tell the difference between free-speech and actual violence--or want to discuss it, I will be happy to continue. I don't have all the answers but I don't have a lot of patience for disingenuous nonsense either.

Final point. The Internet is a defacto public utility, like Libraries, the Post Office, highways, and other public or private infrastructure.

Yet Silicon Valley is leading the charge to censor "Hate" Speech from the Internet. The establishment is threatened that the gatekeeper role of the mainstream media to promote safe consumerist Groupthink is in flux right now.

In the recent past, Librarians understood that free-speech was not always about what was popular, or necessarily what you liked. In fact, un-popular speech often needed to be the most protected of all by various institutions.

Increasingly, however, the Nw Church Ladies tend to be frumpy and chunky rainbow-haired culture-Marxists who think that free-speech must satisfy their Leftist criteria for Diversity, Inclusion, and Empathy. Whatever that means.

And at best, they just don't understand what you mean if you ask them WHO gets to decide what is Hate?

To disagree with all this new conformity is Thoughtcrime, and the hob-nailed boot of the patriarchy stamping on their faces forever. It's Western Civilization that was toxic all along, and must be stamped out somehow.

Drag Queen Story Hour to the rescue!

:-)

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:37 am

Scott Smith wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:40 am
. . . Negro slang . . . upstanding Negroid citizen . . . Globohomo . . . RACIAL component . . . "Chicongo" . . . a certain swarthy demographic . . . race of the assailant . . . the guy is Black . . . true of Muslims . . . White political interests . . . anti-White mendacity . . . just "noticing" . . . the Death Penalty . . . Lynchings is a myth. . . contemporary Negro crime . . . Muslim crime . . . LARPy cultural-Marxist punks . . . these grunge people . . . violent Marxist Negroes added to the mix . . . old Frankfurt School Communist tactic . . . what the media teaches feral Blacks . . . entitled to misbehave as they please . . . chimp out . . .
The topic is speech rights. And chances to speak up for free speech.

"Violent Marxist Negroes"?

And you lecture us on focus? LMAO
Scott Smith wrote:
If you can tell the difference between free-speech and actual violence--or want to discuss it, I will be happy to continue. I don't have all the answers but I don't have a lot of patience for disingenuous nonsense either.
Disingenuous - and brimming with race-baiting. Come on, you know that. You also know that not one person posting here has argued that right-wing speech is literal violence, or rationalized what you imagine as a wave of violence against right-wing speakers as a (barely existent) left-wing's "exercise of 'free-speech.'"

Which is why you have to change the topic of this thread, from speech to "Negroes" and drag queens. And also why you have to pretend that the main source of political violence in this country in 2019 is your invented Commie-{!#%@}-Lib-violent left rioting against a few, beleaguered heroes of free thought.

"Cultural Marxists," the Frankfurt School, "Thoughtcrime," same old recycled (and mindless) sloganeering, sport.

But do go on, if you want. You make my point for me. Please keep posting.
Scott Smith wrote:
In the recent past, Librarians understood that free-speech was not always about what was popular, or necessarily what you liked. In fact, un-popular speech often needed to be the most protected of all by various institutions.
And it is so courageous of you to come in here and defend everyone's speech rights, especially in the Oberlin situation, when doing so in 2019 is so unpopular. And, similarly, it is so helpful for you to keep focus on the topic like a laser beam. As you always do.
Scott Smith wrote:
Increasingly, however, the Nw Church Ladies tend to be frumpy and chunky rainbow-haired culture-Marxists who think that free-speech must satisfy their Leftist criteria for Diversity, Inclusion, and Empathy. Whatever that means.
"Whatever that means" indeed. Basically, nothing, I think.

Literally, no one here has made an argument even close to this.

Last point, I didn't want "want to discuss" your confused ramblings and bigoted puking about violence and free speech, or "Negroes," "Homoglobos" and "Muslims." I felt like pointing out an irony. I don't take you or your forum seriously, Scott. You literally came here to try to discuss something, which, far as I can tell, is the same toxic mess of misinformation, bigotry, cherrypicking, cartoonish stereotypes, and wild exaggerations that always afflicted you at your forum. But, please, speaking for myself, don't think that I want to get into an extended and repetitive back and forth with you about your cognitive and moral difficulties. There is such a thing as a hopeless case, and I still know one when I see one.
Last edited by Statistical Mechanic on Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:32 am, edited 5 times in total.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:38 am

Scotty: I get what you are saying, you touch on several important issues that should be (white) fleshed out........but what Irony do you see? I ask because your post includes a lot of unnecessary and inaccurate negativity ...so, I'd like to see where I am wrong. complaining of lack of irony, or sophistication, is one such touchpoint. Librarians becoming culture-Marxists (a nice phrase btw) is another. Ie: I'm sure there are some but further just assume there are many more of the free speech variety: all of them outnumbered by those just wanting good secure indoor employment.

Educate us.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:44 am

As usual, I see Stat Mech trying to shut you up while I am trying to draw you out. Pros and Cons to all we do, and I must say I agree with everything SM posted and was thinking of taking the same approach, but I knew it would be too long.

Ha, ha............."I assume" you'll ignore us both and post as you do. You do have writing skills, that is nice to see. Raising the question, how do intelligent people stay so dumb?.................but I dither.

Scott Smith

Post by Scott Smith » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:00 am

Hi guys, I hope that you are fixing to have a very happy Juneteenth. Or whatever you fancy. It's Pride Month here in the States. But to be honest, I'm not too inclined to talk very much more about that.

I just think that to talk meaningfully we should have some concrete examples to draw upon.

We can all say that we are for free-speech in the abstract. This may or may not be convincing, of course.

We can also talk past each other and try to ascribe motives for not agreeing about Globohomo--or whatever paradigms that you think work the best.

There is seemingly no point to doing all of this unless we can resolve to talk about or touch upon real-world specifics. And surely, dialog has to be a two-way street--otherwise what is the point? Hopefully, you would have to agree with me about that notion.

I am not sure what you would find interesting to talk about regarding free-speech, but I can come up with lots of real-world examples.

Of course, my focus is going to probably be mostly American if we are talking about current events or recent history. I don't follow European news nearly as closely. (I lean towards Isolationism, of course.)

Now, some things in the media recently that interest me are Chernobyl, the 1986 Soviet nuclear reactor fire. I won't go too much into that here but HBO recently aired a multipart TV special on it which is stimulating some very interesting talk about Leftist mendacity and media fear-mongering.

I am shocked, truly shocked!

:mrgreen:

There are some interesting articles in Forbes from earlier this week that might illustrate this point regarding the danger of fear itself.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelshe ... ew-people/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelshe ... -so-wrong/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelshe ... dangerous/

HBO also aired Game of Thrones recently, and the cat-ladies that I know have not been quiet about it since. I'd rather not talk about GoT, nor Marvel Comics either. Sorry.

HBO aired more of the old fake-news or fake-history about a sensational New York criminal case in 1989 that touches upon my previous post about Negro crime.

Real-World examples! I won't bother to explain here.

But if you are interested in wetting your beak on that particular happening, Ann Coulter just published a rather clever article on the topic at Taki's Magazine.

https://www.takimag.com/article/the-wil ... fairstein/

Them kiiids in Central Park. They dindu nuffin'.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: prostrate spurge

Post by Gord » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:13 am

Scott Smith wrote:
"Trump Derangement Syndrome" has taken quite a toll.
Have you sought treatment for it?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:39 am

Avoiding the two way engagement Scott claims he wants.

A BS artist so far.

YOU raised the issue, and refuse to give details/be responsive. Where is the irony? I don't think there is any irony being missed and that too much of your postings will therefore be "word salad." You can two way engage and explain what Irony you see, or you can recognize to be more accurate in your comments, or you can blather on incoherently as you are choosing to do so far.

Lamedude should be excited he has such an eloquent and non specific generalist to talk past.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:11 am

My post, which Scott replied to, literally was "a concrete example to draw upon," but Scott wanted to talk about Globohomo, dependent violent Negroes, swarthy demographics, imaginary violent {!#%@}-Libs, and Chicongo instead. And now I'll be damned if I can find a concrete example of a free speech case in his latest go at dialect and crime. LOL

Scott's been boiling such oceans for years, and his brand of Trump derangement syndrome keeps him from moving even an inch past his obsessions - but allows him to sermonize about focus, debate, and "concrete examples."

Reminders of little reasons not to post at Rodoh, visit the place, or even take it seriously . . . as though reminders were needed.
Last edited by Statistical Mechanic on Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:41 am

For some reason he also wants to talk about some HBO show I know nothing about and the Central Park Five.

What does any of that have to do with free speech?

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:44 am

But hey...Scott can ramble on about anything he likes. If I was him I’d stop the race baiting and gay bashing. Pyrrho is consistent in his treatment of such things.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:45 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:41 am
For some reason he also wants to talk about some HBO show I know nothing about and the Central Park Five.

Scott doesn't give a crap about free speech issues, hell, he can't even stay focused on the topic for a sentence. He has more important things to do, groups of people to bait.

As to the Central Park case, that’s perhaps one of Scott’s examples of {!#%@}-Libs confusing the literal violence of Marxist Negroes with free speech? Who can tell woth Scott - his posts such a confused jumble of bitterness and villains?
Last edited by Statistical Mechanic on Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:12 pm

Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:45 am
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:41 am

Scott doesn't give a crap about free speech issues, hell, he can't even stay focused on the topic for a sentence. He has more important things to do, groups of people to bait.
If he continues in this vein I suspect Pyrrho will end it. This will lead to Scott returning in triumph to RODOH with his martyr’s complex intact. He will undoubtedly complain that we prevented him from exercising his “right” to free speech.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:14 pm

except Pyrrho will also have to deal with the fact that I encouraged him to carry on, misspelling carri ;) I mean, with each post he exposes his bigotry and muddled thinking further ...

... but really, shouldn't we be getting back to our Treblinka discussion with blake? - the ongoing learning session where we look at Hunt's transit claims, deportations to the camp, blake's idea that anything other than the mass murder there of Jews from Warsaw and Radom districts is anomalous, and revisionist characterizations of the official history. It's has been such a stimulating discussion so far . . . :)

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:49 pm

It is fascinating to watch, Scott babbling about drag queens and mass media. I wonder if Scott is in contact with David Cole over at Taki. I want him to pass along a message from me to lay off the booze and eat a salad once in a while. Get some exercise, for Chrissakes. He looks terrible.

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:57 pm

Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:14 pm
except Pyrrho will also have to deal with the fact that I encouraged him to carry on, misspelling carri ;) I mean, with each post he exposes his bigotry and muddled thinking further ...

... but really, shouldn't we be getting back to our Treblinka discussion with blake? - the ongoing learning session where we look at Hunt's transit claims, deportations to the camp, blake's idea that anything other than the mass murder there of Jews from Warsaw and Radom districts is anomalous, and revisionist characterizations of the official history. It's has been such a stimulating discussion so far . . . :)

Who’s blake?????
:lol:

I thought about inviting Scott to join us on some other threads but I think he is content to stay here and talk about anything besides free speech.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:18 pm

I kinda like the racial slurs Scott is making. I've never heard them before. Very creative. ....... or just from the grab bag of over used dog whistles and taunts in use by race baiters? I'm rather "innocent" in my naivete.

Darren Wilshak
Frequent Poster

Post by Darren Wilshak » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:53 pm

Not sure, we don't frequent the places that he does. They might be his own Smithian variants for all we know.
"We are still waiting for anyone to rebut the main theme of the article that the decode in question and the numbers it quoted perfectly match those in the Korherr report.

Until such a rebuttal comes to light and goes through peer review the article stands the test of time. And after 10 years since the article was published both Peter (Witte) and I have moved on to other research projects. "

AHF

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:08 pm

"Chicongo" I've seen once or twice, probably in the media, it barely registered. I've never heard anyone use that phrase, let alone in Chicago. The anti-gun activists who focus on the south and west sides - the ones Scott says don't exist - might say Chiraq. More likely, Englewood, Cottage Grove, or whatever. But not Chicongo.

Like Chicongo, Scott's epithets, put-downs, and self-revealing gibes are derivative and meant not to illuminate but to vent and to belittle, demean, and bait. Although I've never heard "Homoglobo" before. So I used the Google machine. Alas, it also appears to be derivative - I found lots of uses, one from the aptly named childishpropaganda.
Last edited by Statistical Mechanic on Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:22 pm

It still requires some cleverness to up with such colloquialisms (not so much to pass them along). For slang..the Urban Dictionary is often entertaining to review, even surprising sometimes.

derivative: Derived from, based on or imitating something else. //// Hmmm....isn't all language derivative? Or, especially English. Being derivative is what makes it interesting. Otherwise, its nonsense combo's favored by Product Name Consultants so as to be non-derivative and copyrightable. Nobody likes Exxon for instance. Love the derivative.

Scott Smith

Post by Scott Smith » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:14 pm

The examples that I provided supported my points about how Leftists are blind to their own perfidy and projecting their own dogmas. Hard to find common language or nuanced perspectives with people whose ideologies or sanctimonious "Social Justice" mentalities tolerate the idea of free-speech more than than they do ideas that they think they disagree with. There are lots of examples of Dogma and Perfidy--take your pick--but you might have to engage your mind a little. That's why I ventured into your little amen-corner since you always seem to be interested in what I'm doing. Maybe seriously consider that you might need to actually be Skeptical and questioning of feel-good narratives, virtue-signalling and Groupthink. Or maybe I am just wrong. Maybe there isn't an establishment media War on Noticing. Maybe journalists and pundits nowadays are not especially contemptible. That would be a news flash.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:38 pm

That one's funny - but who in the hell is the "you" you're referring to, Scott?
Scott Smith wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:14 pm
That's why I ventured into your little amen-corner since you always seem to be interested in what I'm doing.
If by "interested" you mean "think you're bigoted and tedious," for sure, I do. And sometimes I think you're decent enough joke material.

You seem to have made the amazing discovery that political people are often trapped in their own mythologizing - and decided it applies only to political people who don't share your prejudices. And to have fabricated on this a thin, actually frail, and involuted "theory" about speech. For this discovery I applaud you. Baby steps, Scott, baby steps.

But, no, your struggles with life don't interest me in the way you think. I really don't know how the other "you's" here think.
Scott Smith wrote:
Maybe seriously consider that you might need to actually be Skeptical and questioning of feel-good narratives, virtue-signalling and Groupthink. Or maybe I am just wrong.
You sure do know how to phrasemonger with empty slogans: I'm guessing that the cascade of slogans can cover over a multitude of sins and errors, in your imagination.

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:32 pm

Scott Smith wrote:
The examples that I provided supported my points about how Leftists are blind to their own perfidy and projecting their own dogmas.
Really? Like drag queen story time? I think you are making some assumptions, Scott. For all we know some of those drag queens are cosplay Nazis in their spare time. Or vote Republican. Don’t be so quick to judge, Scott.

Hard to find common language or nuanced perspectives with people whose ideologies or sanctimonious "Social Justice" mentalities tolerate the idea of free-speech more than than they do ideas that they think they disagree with.
Hey, I plant myself firmly on the left of the political spectrum yet I also voice my objections to laws against Holocaust denial. Or Holodomor denial. Or denying that Communists committed crimes. I’ve been really consistent about that, Scott. Now I will say that there are lines that can’t be crossed like Fish advocating the murder of Muslims or Jews. But you guys don’t care about that stuff on RODOH.
I also voice my objections to laws preventing the boycott of the state of Israel:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.co ... -explained

That’s a right and left thing. How do you feel about that, Scott?

I don’t care if a bunch of cosplay Nazis get together and march around in circles. They need to behave themselves and follow the law but I’m OK with it. I also have no issue if people want to counter protest said cosplay Nazis as long as they behave themselves and follow the law.
That's why I ventured into your little amen-corner since you always seem to be interested in what I'm doing.
Two points on that:
1) I don’t know what an “amen-corner” is.
2) I don’t give a damn what you are doing. I will wander onto RODOH on occasion to see what’s up. I sometimes post things but AFAIK it’s been a long time since you and I had a conversation over there.
Maybe seriously consider that you might need to actually be Skeptical
I am skeptical on a lot of different things.
and questioning of feel-good narratives,
I’ve been a pessimist since November of 2016. I also consider myself a bit of a cynic, I’ve seen the shitty side of humanity for too long to believe in “feel-good narratives.” I hope things get better.
virtue-signalling
I don’t know or care what that is.
and Groupthink.
LOL
Or maybe I am just wrong.
I’m bored.

You can always wander around and comment on other stuff if you want.

Balmoral95
Persistent Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:35 pm

Quick note: In the linked Coulter article linked above there are some serious factual errors/distortions.

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:37 pm

I didn’t read it.
:D
I had enough of Coulter on Twitter.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:38 pm

Balmoral95 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:35 pm
Quick note: In the linked Coulter article linked above there are some serious factual errors/distortions.
No way. Only the {!#%@}-Libs do that kind of thing, projecting their own dogmas and the like.

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:38 pm

LOL

Balmoral95
Persistent Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:43 pm

Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:38 pm
Balmoral95 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:35 pm
No way. Only the {!#%@}-Libs do that kind of thing, projecting their own dogmas and the like.
Afraid so.... (((They))) don't have persons of integrity anymore like Nixon and McCarthy....

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:54 pm

Scott Smith wrote:
The examples that I provided supported my points about how Leftists are blind to their own perfidy and projecting their own dogmas.
The only example I found with any meat at all on it and still really too close to the bone to call "an example" is:
generally speaking, the Left thinks that their literal violence is "free-speech," while the free-speech of the Right is "literally violence."
You use Charlottesville as an exemplar of this. The initial burden of course is that while there were some scuffles back and forth there was ONE murder and about two dozen serious injuries all from the Nazis against people standing in the street. with that as the body count....its really a failure of manipulation to call the very small "antifa" groups the Left. You make the simple error or outright perfidy yourself of labeling an entire very large group of people with any of various very small sub groups and you switch who was doing what is actually violent. In a word: Dishonest.

There is speech. There is violence. Since it is a topic of yours, you should know and present the issues honestly and not all flipped and twisted as you have.

Got any others?

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: prostrate spurge

Post by Gord » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:26 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:32 pm
Scott Smith wrote:
Or maybe I am just wrong.
I’m bored.
Me too. I'm mostly here for the lulz.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?