Tell us how it "Really" Happened

Laugh it up...
Wordbird
Poster

Tell us how it "Really" Happened

Post by Wordbird » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:14 am

You can play this game by doing a story, movie, book, historical event, or anything else. The worse you understand it, the better. Here is how you play:

World War Two: One day, Austria decided to invade Germany. The invasion force was more than Germany could handle, especially all those Kangaroos and Wallabies. There were Boodies too. Don't ask what those are - they are beyond mortal horror. But Hitler was secretly Austrian himself, so he knew what he had to do. He donned his Crocodile Hunter khakis and began to sing, So Long, Farewell, auf Wiedersehen, Goodbye. The monstrous force of Austrians was transfixed just long enough, and the rest of the Nazis got away in a space ship.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Re: Tell us how it "Really" Happened

Post by Gord » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:21 pm

"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Austin Harper
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk

Post by Austin Harper » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:20 pm

In 2010 I rented a car in Johannesburg with a plan of taking a driving tour from there to Maputo, Mozambique and then Sani Pass on the South African border with Lesotho before heading back to Johannesburg. Well, we ended up two flat tires outside of Manzini, Swaziland because I hit a curb and bent both rims on the passenger side because I was tired and not used to driving on the left side of the road. This was on Saturday afternoon and everything had already closed (and stayed closed on Sunday). Also, there was some sort of phone outage that prevented us from making any out-of-country calls so we could only make calls inside Swaziland. On Monday we got a hold of the rental car company's local office in Manzini and when I said we had two flat tires the guy said, before I could give him the details, "Yeah, these roads in Swaziland are terrible. So many potholes!" So we went along with that which my travelling companion and I now refer to as "the facts" and what really happened to as "the story". He also told us that whoever did our paperwork in Johannesburg did it wrong and forgot to give us insurance or license the car to exit the country. Because of the phone outage he couldn't call to talk to anybody in Johannesburg so he "fixed" the paperwork for us and gave us a new car. We decided not to tell him that we had declined insurance and that I didn't know I was supposed to get permission to take the car out of South Africa. By the time this was all taken care of it was starting to get dark and we didn't want to repeat our adventure driving over the mountains and into Mozambique so we ended up going skipping the rest of the tour and returning to Johannesburg early and returned the new car without incident.
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts

Post by landrew » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:45 pm

The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Tom Palven » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:01 am

If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Post by Gord » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:47 pm

What is rt.com? Isn't that the Russian news site?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Monster » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:35 pm

Gord wrote:What is rt.com? Isn't that the Russian news site?
Yes, it is.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.