Montreal Artist Pranks Police With Fake Car Made of Snow

Laugh it up...
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Montreal Artist Pranks Police With Fake Car Made of Snow

Post by Gord » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:43 am

https://weather.com/news/news/2018-01-1 ... e-snow-car
Montreal artist Simon Laprise spent four hours sculpting a false vehicle in a snow removal zone.

Amused by the fake car, officers left a ticket which read "You made our night!! Hahahahaha :)".

Laprise's car was unfortunately demolished in the morning by removal crews.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Montreal Artist Pranks Police With Fake Car Made of Snow

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:04 am

"Take that, warmers!"
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Post by Gord » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:58 am

Maybe I should have just made a catch-all title, like "Weird shite in Canada" or something.

Next up we have: https://www.buzzfeed.com/ishmaeldaro/my ... .cxX0YxrDm
Someone Has Been Anonymously Sending Tons Of Sex Toys To Canadian Universities

...For months, mysterious Amazon boxes have been showing up at dozens of universities and colleges across Canada containing sex toys, electronics, and other items. The shipping boxes were sent to the schools' student unions with no return address, no bill of sale, and absolutely no explanation....

...Finally, the reps at Lakehead contacted the RCMP, who looked into the matter. After speaking with Amazon, Ching said the RCMP told her that some ambitious Amazon sellers were trying to inflate their sales numbers on the website by sending the unsolicited items out en masse.

An Amazon spokesperson said the company investigated and suspended the sellers....

...The free swag stopped showing up about two weeks ago. How exactly the scheme worked, or how the recipients were chosen, is still a mystery, though....
What...the hell??

Step 1: Send out free stuff to random universities and inflate your sales numbers.
Step 2: ?
Step 3: PROFIT!
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Post by OlegTheBatty » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:51 pm

Gord wrote:Maybe I should have just made a catch-all title, like "Weird shite in Canada" or something.

Next up we have: https://www.buzzfeed.com/ishmaeldaro/my ... .cxX0YxrDm
Someone Has Been Anonymously Sending Tons Of Sex Toys To Canadian Universities

...For months, mysterious Amazon boxes have been showing up at dozens of universities and colleges across Canada containing sex toys, electronics, and other items. The shipping boxes were sent to the schools' student unions with no return address, no bill of sale, and absolutely no explanation....

...Finally, the reps at Lakehead contacted the RCMP, who looked into the matter. After speaking with Amazon, Ching said the RCMP told her that some ambitious Amazon sellers were trying to inflate their sales numbers on the website by sending the unsolicited items out en masse.

An Amazon spokesperson said the company investigated and suspended the sellers....

...The free swag stopped showing up about two weeks ago. How exactly the scheme worked, or how the recipients were chosen, is still a mystery, though....
What...the hell??

Step 1: Send out free stuff to random universities and inflate your sales numbers.
Step 2: ?
Step 3: PROFIT!
Commission %? They were scammers working as sales people.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero