Study: Simple Life Forms are Common throughout Universe

Creationism, Intelligent Design, and Evolution.
maunas
Regular Poster

Re: Study: Simple Life Forms are Common throughout Universe

Post by maunas » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:43 pm

maunas wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:45 am
Although extinction is a natural phenomenon, it occurs at a natural “background” rate of about one to five species per year. Scientists estimate we're now losing species at 1,000 to 10,000 times the background rate, with literally dozens going extinct every day
The Extinction Crisis - Center for Biological Diversity
<
If we will reduce the extinction rates of organisms, the radiation of generalist organisms and, further their speciation rates will get reduced too, because of unavailability of empty niches.
So, conservation of all endangered species is not necessary. It blocks evolution of new life forms.
For example, if an ET had conserved dinosaurs, we could not have come to existence.

So, President Trump is a great visionary.
All possible fates of me are happening in many superpositions, in superimposed universes with different fates.
My big crunch is my superposition's big rip, but all my worlds are entangled to the eternal information of the dark matter web.

landrew
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by landrew » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:50 pm

I know it's never enough, but we have made great gains in protecting endangered species compared to 40 years ago. We will continue to lose species every year, but some of the success stories are worth celebrating.

https://www.livescience.com/54010-speci ... ories.html
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

maunas
Regular Poster

Post by maunas » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:12 pm

Landrew,

I seriously said what I said.
You took it as a sarcasm.

Do you think the logic i gave for discretion in conservation efforts is wrong? How?

We deliberately eradicated the small pox viruses, but have kept details of their genomes.
So why should we try to conserve all the unnecessary organisms?

l mean, even those whose role in maintaining the balance of nature either does not exist any more, or, can be done in a more energy efficient way by some human invention.

It will be a complicated task to decide on the pros and cons, but we can weigh the benefits versus risks.
All possible fates of me are happening in many superpositions, in superimposed universes with different fates.
My big crunch is my superposition's big rip, but all my worlds are entangled to the eternal information of the dark matter web.

maunas
Regular Poster

Post by maunas » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:57 am

What is civilization?
Answer; It is freedom from nature, to become less like other animals.,

Leaving our dependence on natural habitats.
Ultimately nature kills the organism.
We need freedom from plants to capture energy for us.

maunas
Regular Poster

Post by maunas » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:14 am

We need freedom to decide our evolutionary fates.
We need freedom from Earth and the Sun, also freedom from space time and matter. Because they are temporary. All protons and ultimately even the photons are going to disappear.
We will be completely civilized only when these entities are no more required for our continued existence.

maunas
Regular Poster

Post by maunas » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:56 am

Civilized Life Forms are no more in the universe.

maunas
Regular Poster

Post by maunas » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:39 am

Infact civilized Life does not have a form

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:23 am

maunas wrote: We need freedom to decide our evolutionary fates.
Evolution does not work like that. Species split and evolve to match the environment. If you can't predict the future environment you can't pick and choose what way you should evolve.
maunas wrote: We need freedom from Earth and the Sun, also freedom from space time and matter. Because they are temporary.
And how is DNA going to allow for evolution if there is no matter? There won't be any DNA.
maunas wrote: We will be completely civilized only when these entities are no more required for our continued existence.
What is this new civilisation going to do when there is no time or matter? Not build beautiful buildings? Not paint great art? It would be the most boring civilisation of all time. :D

maunas
Regular Poster

Post by maunas » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:47 am

We will able to convert ourselves into new forms of matter with novel types of pains and pleasures. Feel the novel entities and our creations by taking any form in them.

maunas
Regular Poster

Post by maunas » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:58 am

We will be able to teach the new forms to become civilized like us.

We will reproduce in this manner.
We can enjoy each others creations by taking any forms in them, sort of intercourses with eachother, and thus be in a state of continuos joy. Even in states of grief we will be feeling a strange pleasure.

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life
Custom Title: Super Skeptic

Post by Lance Kennedy » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:18 pm

I think, Maunas, that your speculation about new forms of matter is going a bit too far. Since we do not know if such forms are even possible according to the laws of physics, we need to keep our feet a bit more firmly on the ground.

I do think, though, that humans will one day take their own evolution under control, by using whatever form of genetic engineering is best at the time.

landrew
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by landrew » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:37 pm

I'm skeptical that we can teach others to be civilized. We haven't had much success so far, if history is the judge.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life

Post by Lance Kennedy » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:42 pm

Sorry landrew, but that is just a popular fallacy.

If we look at violence, we have become very substantially more civilised. In the English era of around William the Conqueror, the murder rate was 80 killings per 100,000 people per year. Today, in the relatively violent USA, it is 5 killings. In more civilised England, it is only 1 killing.

maunas
Regular Poster

Post by maunas » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:38 pm

Lance Kennedy wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:18 pm
I think, Maunas, that your speculation about new forms of matter is going a bit too far. Since we do not know if such forms are even possible according to the laws of physics, we need to keep our feet a bit more firmly on the ground.
We will be free from laws of physics, Lance.
We will create new laws.

maunas
Regular Poster

Post by maunas » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:53 pm

landrew wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:37 pm
I'm skeptical that we can teach others to be civilized. We haven't had much success so far, if history is the judge.
Our creations will be our parts, Landrew. We will be teaching ourselves. In many forms if we decide, in diverse ways as we please.

maunas
Regular Poster

Post by maunas » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:54 pm

Even though there are a billion trillion stars in the observable universe, they are actually extremely rare.

What or who is the rest ??

maunas
Regular Poster

Post by maunas » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:59 pm

Does this What or Who follow the laws of physics?

maunas
Regular Poster

Post by maunas » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:30 pm

Why the laws of physics exist at all

landrew
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by landrew » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:08 pm

maunas wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:38 pm
Lance Kennedy wrote:
We will create new laws.
Sorry. That's completely absurd.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:13 am

maunas wrote: We will able to convert ourselves into new forms of matter with novel types of pains and pleasures.
"Converting ourselves" is not evolution.

(Oddly this concept was heavily discussed in an episode of the UK TV series, "Dr Who" in "Genesis of the Daleks" where a humanoid race decided to speed their evolution into being the Daleks......who promptly killed off their creators.

I'm also pretty sure it is the theme of Mary Shelly's original Frankenstein's Monster novel.)
:D

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:18 am

maunas wrote: We will be able to teach the new forms to become civilized like us.
Sounds like colonial England 400 years ago. :D

maunas
Regular Poster

Post by maunas » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:10 am

landrew wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:08 pm
maunas wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:38 pm
Lance Kennedy wrote:
We will create new laws.
Sorry. That's completely absurd.
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth. Universe is Weird.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:12 am

I marvel that people actually post stuff like this.........I mean.....we aren't a target audience for $$$$$.....so, its all ego? Ha, ha.....I don't want to see it....but imagine two of the same talking to one another. To "DO" what I wonder?
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

maunas
Regular Poster

Post by maunas » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:51 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:13 am
maunas wrote: We will able to convert ourselves into new forms of matter with novel types of pains and pleasures.
"Converting ourselves" is not evolution.
Evolution by natural selection is a prison, where we wait to be hanged to death. We are freeing ourselves from nature.
It seems you have not been following the discussions.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:42 am

maunas wrote:Evolution by natural selection is a prison,
A prison for you and I and all homo sapiens? You are proposing a future home for an unknown species, we will never meet?
maunas wrote:where we wait to be hanged to death.
Maunus. I have a seven month old boy. He will speak French, English, German, and hopefully Russian.. I am not asking him to learn to kill his own species off yet. Are you? :D
maunas wrote:It seems you have not been following the discussions.
Yes Maunus. I have been following the conversations at a higher level that you can comprehend. I think you do not understand basic science at all, and your genes will die out first. My boy will be first versed in science in any any language. You will need to bring yourself up to date or goodbye to your gene set

You don't have children do you? Goodbye to your genes.
:) :lol: :lol:

maunas
Regular Poster

Post by maunas » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:28 pm

Tell you, I am not managed by genes. I am no more as much animal as other Homo sapiens. And I am evolving towards my goal than anybody else (in my knowledge) towards my goal. And that too in the same body.

maunas
Regular Poster

Post by maunas » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:35 pm

I don't need children, to evolve

Austin Harper
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk

Post by Austin Harper » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:09 pm

Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:47 am

maunas wrote:I don't need children, to evolve
How so?

landrew
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by landrew » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:47 am
maunas wrote:I don't need children, to evolve
How so?
Raising mutants in your basement?

maunas
Regular Poster

Post by maunas » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:04 am

1) meme's, are like what I had called Euthenes. I have described about euthenical evolution in man under the topic, " Racism". It's on page no: 12 in that topic.

2) Modifying and managing our genomic and extra genomic activity by medical science.
Last edited by maunas on Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:35 am

maunas wrote: 2) Modifying and managing our genomic and extra genomic activity by medical science.
Evolution is about mutation and natural selection adapting a species to the environment. As you cannot predict future environments you cannot pick and choose what new genes you want to add or dump. As 90% of our genes don't do anything other than allow for phenotype alternatives if the environment changes, you are being silly to eradicate genes that you don't understand.

Secondly, as you claim humans will no longer need matter (normal physics) in the future, it seems odd that you choose a method of evolution that specifically requires matter (normal physics).

maunas
Regular Poster

Post by maunas » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:22 am

Genetic and epigenetic engineering is possible. Also environmental engineering, such as reducing the excessive co2 content of the atmosphere, healing the gaping hole in the ozone layer.

For freewilled laws of physics and novel kinds of matter, humanity is not yet mature. If you can extend your age then you will one day see it.

maunas
Regular Poster

Post by maunas » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:40 am

We are very capable of predicting future environment. We carry our environment when we go into extreme environments, such as, in Antarctica, Space, moon and deep sea etc. We have inventions to keep our bodies at optimum temperature in extreme weathers, for which we don't have specific genetic evolution through natural selection.

maunas
Regular Poster

Post by maunas » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:45 am

Our genes and our natural environment, both are being managed by us.

So our evolutionary fate is now in our ✋ s

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:44 pm

maunas wrote:Our genes and our natural environment, both are being managed by us.
Tell that to cancer patients.

landrew
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by landrew » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:26 pm

maunas wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:22 am
Genetic and epigenetic engineering is possible. Also environmental engineering, such as reducing the excessive co2 content of the atmosphere, healing the gaping hole in the ozone layer.

For freewilled laws of physics and novel kinds of matter, humanity is not yet mature. If you can extend your age then you will one day see it.
"is possible."
Are you aware that you seem to make a lot of unqualified and sweeping comments?

maunas
Regular Poster

Post by maunas » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:26 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:44 pm
maunas wrote:Our genes and our natural environment, both are being managed by us.
Tell that to cancer patients.
Matthew,
1) Most of the cancer causing genes will not be deleted if we depend on natural selection, for a variety of reasons. The most important being that, most of the patients are able to reproduce before the disease is diagnosed in them (and many even after that too).

2) Hitlerian artificial selection is unacceptable by humans.

3) Most of the technology for managing our genes and environment exists, but, much of it is in labs only. Some of it is in theory possible.

4) What is required are funds, and efforts at a war footing to make it within the reach of general population.

5) The funds and manpower for doing this is being consumed by human military establishments.

6) We, the people of the world, only need demilitarization of the world, for freeing the manpower and money involved in military to redirect it to it's more humanistic purposes.
Last edited by maunas on Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maunas
Regular Poster

Post by maunas » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:41 pm

landrew wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:26 pm
maunas wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:22 am

"is possible."
Are you aware that you seem to make a lot of unqualified and sweeping comments?
Landrew,

Though, "is possible", in the context I used it, is not a very unqualified comment.
I do accept that sometimes I deliberately make unqualified comments to receive a response.

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life

Post by Lance Kennedy » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:45 pm

Maunas

Being able to reproduce before a harmful gene is expressed does not stop evolution. For example, Huntingtons disease is due to a harmful gene that is not often expressed before age 50. Yet it is weeded out by natural selection within about 50 generations. The reason for this is that mortality of children (and the children's children) increase if parents (and grandparents) are killed early.