Genesis is an evolutionary account

Creationism, Intelligent Design, and Evolution.
User avatar
moth1ne
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1721
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:41 pm
Custom Title: theyscanhearsmythots
Location: Washington

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by moth1ne » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:34 pm

Mr Dunsapy wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Mr Dunsapy wrote:Actually at the flood Noah and his family were saved through that. That time pictures the time of the end. So there will be ones that never will die.
Also humans die because we are not perfect,we are a result of imperfection.
And by your account, all humans are the result of incest.
This is a good question. Adam and Eve were perfect, there was no problem biologically with that. Because they lost that perfection, it became over time dangerous generically for their offspring. This has resulted in the taboo of close family ties. So it is imperfect that has caused this.
So God screwed up then? "Oops... I forgot to make humans perfect. Well I can't be perfect, OH WAIT! Yes I can! Cuz I'm God!"
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan, The Demon Haunted World

User avatar
xouper
True Skeptic
Posts: 10898
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:04 pm
Location: has left the building

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by xouper » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:34 pm

bigtim wrote:I've given up talking with Dunsapy. He has no desire for conversation and is immune to logic and reason.
That seems to be the case, yes. http://xoup.net/rational-arguments

Mr Dunsapy
Poster
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:19 pm

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Mr Dunsapy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:35 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
angawawa wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Mr Dunsapy wrote:Actually at the flood Noah and his family were saved through that. That time pictures the time of the end. So there will be ones that never will die.
Also humans die because we are not perfect,we are a result of imperfection.
And by your account, all humans are the result of incest.
Eeewwwwwwwww. This is like icky design, only worse.
Well, it's laid out twice in the bible that way, Adam and Eve's offspring, then Noah's grandkids. Religious people don't THINK.
I answered this in the other post.
But close family ties today are wrong because of the danger in genetics.
As for thinking, the scientists believe, life spontaneously popped out of the ground and morphed into everything else we see. Yet can not produce any evidence for that.

Is that thinking?

User avatar
xouper
True Skeptic
Posts: 10898
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:04 pm
Location: has left the building

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by xouper » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:39 pm

moth1ne wrote:
Mr Dunsapy wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Mr Dunsapy wrote:Actually at the flood Noah and his family were saved through that. That time pictures the time of the end. So there will be ones that never will die.
Also humans die because we are not perfect,we are a result of imperfection.
And by your account, all humans are the result of incest.
This is a good question. Adam and Eve were perfect, there was no problem biologically with that. Because they lost that perfection, it became over time dangerous generically for their offspring. This has resulted in the taboo of close family ties. So it is imperfect that has caused this.
So God screwed up then? "Oops... I forgot to make humans perfect. Well I can't be perfect, OH WAIT! Yes I can! Cuz I'm God!"
Or, God had some other agenda in mind and intentionally made humans imperfect.

Of course, the whole notion of perfection begs the question. What criteria are being used to judge perfection?

Can you rule out the possibility that humans are prefect for God's purposes?


For the record, I am a non-believer. I am just playing devil's advocate.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23403
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:42 pm

Mr Dunsapy wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Mr Dunsapy wrote:Actually at the flood Noah and his family were saved through that. That time pictures the time of the end. So there will be ones that never will die.
Also humans die because we are not perfect,we are a result of imperfection.
And by your account, all humans are the result of incest.
This is a good question. Adam and Eve were perfect, there was no problem biologically with that. Because they lost that perfection, it became over time dangerous generically for their offspring. This has resulted in the taboo of close family ties. So it is imperfect that has caused this.
Wow, now you're talking genetics? Lovely! But I'm talking incest, not genetics. Brother porking sister, or first cousins at best. That's how it had to be. This is the Xtian religion in a nutshell.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Mr Dunsapy
Poster
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:19 pm

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Mr Dunsapy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:44 pm

moth1ne wrote:
Mr Dunsapy wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Mr Dunsapy wrote:Actually at the flood Noah and his family were saved through that. That time pictures the time of the end. So there will be ones that never will die.
Also humans die because we are not perfect,we are a result of imperfection.
And by your account, all humans are the result of incest.
This is a good question. Adam and Eve were perfect, there was no problem biologically with that. Because they lost that perfection, it became over time dangerous generically for their offspring. This has resulted in the taboo of close family ties. So it is imperfect that has caused this.
So God screwed up then? "Oops... I forgot to make humans perfect. Well I can't be perfect, OH WAIT! Yes I can! Cuz I'm God!"
Actually it wasn't God who messed up it was man. This is important because you all have the right to choose. Some choose magic ( spontaneous generation.) and others choose creation, some don't know anything. We have that , we could have been robots, but God did not do that to us.
That is an increasable thing, we have that choice.
Some prove that what God said people would be like is true. There is evidence of that here.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23403
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:45 pm

You still haven't proved any god or gods exist. Until then you're just airwanking.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Mr Dunsapy
Poster
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:19 pm

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Mr Dunsapy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:05 pm

xouper wrote:
moth1ne wrote:
Mr Dunsapy wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Mr Dunsapy wrote:Actually at the flood Noah and his family were saved through that. That time pictures the time of the end. So there will be ones that never will die.
Also humans die because we are not perfect,we are a result of imperfection.
And by your account, all humans are the result of incest.
This is a good question. Adam and Eve were perfect, there was no problem biologically with that. Because they lost that perfection, it became over time dangerous generically for their offspring. This has resulted in the taboo of close family ties. So it is imperfect that has caused this.
So God screwed up then? "Oops... I forgot to make humans perfect. Well I can't be perfect, OH WAIT! Yes I can! Cuz I'm God!"
Or, God had some other agenda in mind and intentionally made humans imperfect.

Of course, the whole notion of perfection begs the question. What criteria are being used to judge perfection?

Can you rule out the possibility that humans are prefect for God's purposes?


For the record, I am a non-believer. I am just playing devil's advocate.

Perfection is relative. For example, physically, we can not do things, other life can do. Perfection does not mean we are the same as others in our personality. If you are pushed off a cliff, you could break a bone.
The other thing our thinking can be perfect , but that does not mean we are force to come to one conclusion. Adam is the example of that. He could have chose either way. He chose badly. Even though he was perfect. But Adam could have lived indefinitely.( Not immortality.)
AS for God purposes he made man in his image. What does that mean? Well we can do things like music ,build houses , understand thinking like spiritual thoughts, interact with other humans in a very commutative way. We can understand about creation because we do that. If left on their own, scientists might create life at some point. That in itself, shows what God has given man.
What man was never designed to do is rule himself. That has been shown from the time of Adam.
Man dominates man to his injury. That is why mans governments, will never work.
The bible is about God establishing his government over the earth. The subjects that want that, will get it, finally. The ones that don't are the ones that the bible says are destroying the earth (and man).
Really this is the correct thing to do. We don't want the system like we have, to keep going like it is now.
The theme of the bible is about governments.

Mr Dunsapy
Poster
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:19 pm

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Mr Dunsapy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:10 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:You still haven't proved any god or gods exist. Until then you're just airwanking.
Of course there is proof ( something the scientists can't do).

The proof is in these 3 facts.

I call them the Facts of Life.

1 life comes from life.
2 dogs give you more dogs
3 there is design in life.
These 3 prove the only possibility is creation.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23403
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:19 pm

Mr Dunsapy wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:You still haven't proved any god or gods exist. Until then you're just airwanking.
Of course there is proof ( something the scientists can't do).

The proof is in these 3 facts.

I call them the Facts of Life.

1 life comes from life.
2 dogs give you more dogs
3 there is design in life.
These 3 prove the only possibility is creation.
Okay, you're an idiot or a poe.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Mr Dunsapy
Poster
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:19 pm

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Mr Dunsapy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:26 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Mr Dunsapy wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:You still haven't proved any god or gods exist. Until then you're just airwanking.
Of course there is proof ( something the scientists can't do).

The proof is in these 3 facts.

I call them the Facts of Life.

1 life comes from life.
2 dogs give you more dogs
3 there is design in life.
These 3 prove the only possibility is creation.
Okay, you're an idiot or a poe.
All I ask, if you can show that these are not correct? Is there any evidence against theses.?

User avatar
xouper
True Skeptic
Posts: 10898
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:04 pm
Location: has left the building

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by xouper » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:22 pm

Mr Dunsapy wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Mr Dunsapy wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:You still haven't proved any god or gods exist. Until then you're just airwanking.
Of course there is proof ( something the scientists can't do).

The proof is in these 3 facts.

I call them the Facts of Life.

1 life comes from life.
2 dogs give you more dogs
3 there is design in life.
These 3 prove the only possibility is creation.
Okay, you're an idiot or a poe.
All I ask, if you can show that these are not correct? Is there any evidence against theses.?
You have already been shown why your argument is deeply flawed. You are just trolling the forum with your nonsense.

User avatar
Austin Harper
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5493
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:22 pm
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk
Location: Detroit

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Austin Harper » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:23 pm

Life can and did come from nonlife. Dogs came from wolves. You have not shown design. That was easy.
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

User avatar
xouper
True Skeptic
Posts: 10898
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:04 pm
Location: has left the building

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by xouper » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:27 pm

Mr Dunsapy wrote:The other thing our thinking can be perfect , but that does not mean we are force to come to one conclusion. Adam is the example of that. He could have chose either way. He chose badly. Even though he was perfect. But Adam could have lived indefinitely.( Not immortality.)
AS for God purposes he made man in his image. What does that mean? . . .
It means the reason Adam chose badly is because God made him that way. God knew what choice Adam was going to make even before he created Adam. Ultimately, everything is God's fault because he created everything.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23403
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:44 pm

Mr Dunsapy wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Mr Dunsapy wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:You still haven't proved any god or gods exist. Until then you're just airwanking.
Of course there is proof ( something the scientists can't do).

The proof is in these 3 facts.

I call them the Facts of Life.

1 life comes from life.
2 dogs give you more dogs
3 there is design in life.
These 3 prove the only possibility is creation.
Okay, you're an idiot or a poe.
All I ask, if you can show that these are not correct? Is there any evidence against theses.?
1, 2 and 3 do not prove creation. Any idiot could see that. Well, almost any idiot. You seem to have a problem.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Mr Dunsapy
Poster
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:19 pm

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Mr Dunsapy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:50 pm

xouper wrote:
Mr Dunsapy wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Mr Dunsapy wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:You still haven't proved any god or gods exist. Until then you're just airwanking.
Of course there is proof ( something the scientists can't do).

The proof is in these 3 facts.

I call them the Facts of Life.

1 life comes from life.
2 dogs give you more dogs
3 there is design in life.
These 3 prove the only possibility is creation.
Okay, you're an idiot or a poe.
All I ask, if you can show that these are not correct? Is there any evidence against theses.?
You have already been shown why your argument is deeply flawed. You are just trolling the forum with your nonsense.
I noticed that you did not answer this. Can you?

Mr Dunsapy
Poster
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:19 pm

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Mr Dunsapy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:58 pm

Austin Harper wrote:Life can and did come from nonlife. Dogs came from wolves. You have not shown design. That was easy.
1-What is your example of life coming from non life?
2-Wolves are part the dog kind of animals.
3- Are birds designed to fly? Humans copy birds and build airplanes. They say airplanes are designed but the birds they copied from are not designed! Rather hypocritical!

Chachacha
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9167
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:07 am
Custom Title: Irrational Skeptic

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Chachacha » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:07 pm

Mr Dunsapy wrote:
Chachacha wrote:
Mr Dunsapy wrote:
Chachacha wrote:I thought the story is God is going to step in to destroy the world .... because he's a prick. Has that changed?
Mr Dunsapy wrote: Actually not destroy the earth , the scientist and man are trying to do that. He is going to step in the stop the scientists and man from doing that. That's a good thing!
It is about time that the ones that want to follow God, get that chance. Many have had to live with the ones that don't since the days of Adam.
So it may not be a good thing for the ones that don't want that, but the world has had that for too long.
The future of man on the earth is fantastic, but few are the ones that find it.
"Few" is an overstatement: the same number of people are going to find your fantasy as have found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

One of the delusions I do enjoy is that Jesus died to open the gates of heaven to everyone, and all we have to do to get in is die. I enjoy it because it makes the heads of the sanctimonious "only a few" groupies' heads explode. :)
Actually at the flood Noah and his family were saved through that. That time pictures the time of the end. So there will be ones that never will die.
Also humans die because we are not perfect,we are a result of imperfection.
Interesting interpretation of Genesis: humans don't die because God was a rage-filled psychotic, breaking his toys like an angry toddler, but because humans are imperfect .... which is the way God created them .... and then punished them for it.

But all that's in the past: God is no longer a psychotic filicide, he is now a loving father - all he had to do was one last filicide by proxy, and now, Jesus died to absolve us of our sins and all we have to do is die, so I'll see you in heaven! :lol:

What great fantasy fun!
Actually you will not see me in heaven. Humans were created for the earth. The bible is about getting back what Adam lost, here on earth. When Adam failed God , he set a time that he would step in and


Psalm 37:29
New King James Version (NKJV)
29 The righteous shall inherit the land,
And dwell in it forever.

Revelation 11:18
21st Century King James Version (KJ21)
18 And the nations were angry; and Thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that Thou shouldest give reward unto Thy servants the prophets, and to the saints and them that fear Thy name, small and great, and shouldest destroy them that destroy the earth.”

Do you see here that man is going to live on the earth, and that God is going to destroy the ones that are destroying the earth.
So you really should know what the bible says, before shooting off rifle shots in the air. Sometimes it is better to think first.
\\

I'm going to heaven. You think everyone has to jump through the hoops you jump through to get there but you're wrong. I'm going to heaven. I know because I saw it on a bumper sticker : "Jesus died for my sins AND YOURS" which means me. Which means Jesus died for my sins so I can go to heaven.

I'm going to heaven. I'm going to heaven. I'm going to heaven.

And all I have do to get there is die!
Last edited by Chachacha on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Dunsapy
Poster
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:19 pm

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Mr Dunsapy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:12 pm

I'm going to heaven. I'm going to heaven. I'm going to heaven.

And I'll have do to get there is die!
I would not recommend, the dieing part, this is maybe all you get. 8-)

Chachacha
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9167
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:07 am
Custom Title: Irrational Skeptic

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Chachacha » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:18 pm

Mr Dunsapy wrote:
I'm going to heaven. I'm going to heaven. I'm going to heaven.

And I'll have do to get there is die!
I would not recommend, the dieing part, this is maybe all you get. 8-)
Shame on you for denying the truth!

I'm going to heaven. Jesus died for my sins AND YOURS. "All is forgiven: I forgive you, please forgive me, come home!" Signed, Mom, Dad, and Son

HAH!
Last edited by Chachacha on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23403
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:18 pm

Mr Dunsapy wrote:
I'm going to heaven. I'm going to heaven. I'm going to heaven.

And I'll have do to get there is die!
I would not recommend, the dieing part, this is maybe all you get. 8-)
Please find out for us.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Chachacha
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9167
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:07 am
Custom Title: Irrational Skeptic

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Chachacha » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:21 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Mr Dunsapy wrote:
I'm going to heaven. I'm going to heaven. I'm going to heaven.

And I'll have do to get there is die!
I would not recommend, the dieing part, this is maybe all you get. 8-)
Please find out for us.
He's going to be really upset when he meets us all there!!! :twisted:

Mr Dunsapy
Poster
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:19 pm

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Mr Dunsapy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:30 pm

Chachacha wrote:
Mr Dunsapy wrote:
I'm going to heaven. I'm going to heaven. I'm going to heaven.

And I'll have do to get there is die!
I would not recommend, the dieing part, this is maybe all you get. 8-)
Shame on you for denying the truth!

I'm going to heaven. Jesus died for my sins AND YOURS. "All is forgiven: I forgive you, please forgive me, come home!" Signed, Mom, Dad, and Son

HAH!
Have it your way. Let me know if you make it!

Mr Dunsapy
Poster
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:19 pm

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Mr Dunsapy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:31 pm

Chachacha wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Mr Dunsapy wrote:
I'm going to heaven. I'm going to heaven. I'm going to heaven.

And I'll have do to get there is die!
I would not recommend, the dieing part, this is maybe all you get. 8-)
Please find out for us.
He's going to be really upset when he meets us all there!!! :twisted:
No chance, I am not going there. 8-)

Mr Dunsapy
Poster
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:19 pm

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Mr Dunsapy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:34 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Mr Dunsapy wrote:
I'm going to heaven. I'm going to heaven. I'm going to heaven.

And I'll have do to get there is die!
I would not recommend, the dieing part, this is maybe all you get. 8-)
Please find out for us.
Sorry man I can help you out. You have to find out for yourself.


But did you have any answers to my 3 facts?

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23403
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:43 pm

You owe me a genealogy before I answer any questions from you.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Chachacha
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9167
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:07 am
Custom Title: Irrational Skeptic

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Chachacha » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:35 pm

Mr Dunsapy wrote:
Chachacha wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Mr Dunsapy wrote:
I'm going to heaven. I'm going to heaven. I'm going to heaven.

And I'll have do to get there is die!
I would not recommend, the dieing part, this is maybe all you get. 8-)
Please find out for us.
He's going to be really upset when he meets us all there!!! :twisted:
No chance, I am not going there. 8-)

Yes, you are, Mr. Dunsapy, yes you are. Jesus died for my sins and yours, and we are ALL going to heaven.

Mr Dunsapy
Poster
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:19 pm

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Mr Dunsapy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:37 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:You owe me a genealogy before I answer any questions from you.
Sorry I must have missed that?

Mr Dunsapy
Poster
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:19 pm

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Mr Dunsapy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:43 pm

Yes, you are, Mr. Dunsapy, yes you are. Jesus died for my sins and yours, and we are ALL going to heaven
Sorry to dash your hopes, but there is no heaven for you. The earth was made for man, and that is his future. It always was. Adam and Eve were never meant to die. They were to live on the earth forever. That is what the bible says.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23403
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:47 pm

Mr Dunsapy wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:You owe me a genealogy before I answer any questions from you.
Sorry I must have missed that?
You lie.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Mr Dunsapy
Poster
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:19 pm

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Mr Dunsapy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:54 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Mr Dunsapy wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:You owe me a genealogy before I answer any questions from you.
Sorry I must have missed that?
You lie.
I remember saying in one of my earlier post something about the genealogical records going back to Adam. Then saying if the scientists had that they would claim it as proof, for their dating methods. But they don't have that for checking their dates, but they would claim it as proof if they did. Is that what you mean?

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23403
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:59 pm

RTFT.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Chachacha
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9167
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:07 am
Custom Title: Irrational Skeptic

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Chachacha » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:01 am

Mr Dunsapy wrote:
Yes, you are, Mr. Dunsapy, yes you are. Jesus died for my sins and yours, and we are ALL going to heaven
Sorry to dash your hopes, but there is no heaven for you. The earth was made for man, and that is his future. It always was. Adam and Eve were never meant to die. They were to live on the earth forever. That is what the bible says.
Oh, no, can't dash my ho .... beliefs ... I'm a believer. Can't touch me!

User avatar
Austin Harper
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5493
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:22 pm
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk
Location: Detroit

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Austin Harper » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:15 am

Mr Dunsapy wrote:
Austin Harper wrote:Life can and did come from nonlife. Dogs came from wolves. You have not shown design. That was easy.
1-What is your example of life coming from non life?
2-Wolves are part the dog kind of animals.
3- Are birds designed to fly? Humans copy birds and build airplanes. They say airplanes are designed but the birds they copied from are not designed! Rather hypocritical!
1. Earth
2. I thought this was obvious so I didn't say it. Dogs came from wolves which came from other wolf-like creatures. The further back in the lineage you go, the less dog-like the animal. Ref: http://www.naturalworlds.org/wolf/history/evolution.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
3. Human aircraft operate nothing like birds. Yes, they both fly, but that's where the similarities end. I don't know of any fixed-wing birds. I also don't know of any propeller or jet-driven birds either. Do you know how I know airplanes are designed? I design them. How do you know they're designed? I'm the designer telling you that I did it. I can show you my design process even (but not some of the technical bits, they are proprietary and I don't want to get fired.) I'll be willing to accept that birds are designed when YHWH sets up a meeting with me so we can compare and contrast our designs.
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

Mr Dunsapy
Poster
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:19 pm

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Mr Dunsapy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:56 am

Austin Harper wrote:
Mr Dunsapy wrote:
Austin Harper wrote:Life can and did come from nonlife. Dogs came from wolves. You have not shown design. That was easy.
1-What is your example of life coming from non life?
2-Wolves are part the dog kind of animals.
3- Are birds designed to fly? Humans copy birds and build airplanes. They say airplanes are designed but the birds they copied from are not designed! Rather hypocritical!
1. Earth
2. I thought this was obvious so I didn't say it. Dogs came from wolves which came from other wolf-like creatures. The further back in the lineage you go, the less dog-like the animal. Ref: http://www.naturalworlds.org/wolf/history/evolution.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
3. Human aircraft operate nothing like birds. Yes, they both fly, but that's where the similarities end. I don't know of any fixed-wing birds. I also don't know of any propeller or jet-driven birds either. Do you know how I know airplanes are designed? I design them. How do you know they're designed? I'm the designer telling you that I did it. I can show you my design process even (but not some of the technical bits, they are proprietary and I don't want to get fired.) I'll be willing to accept that birds are designed when YHWH sets up a meeting with me so we can compare and contrast our designs.

1 No one has any evidence life just spontaneously happened. That is magic. The scientists really have no idea.
2 If all you have is dogs that is what you always have. There is no evidence that a dog , was anything other than a dog. There are no almost-humans or any ex-humans.
3 Man looked at birds to try a figure out how we could do that. They took their designs from soaring birds. They could not get the flapping to work so they used a engine to pull them. Very crude compared to the real thing. Yes I learned to fly when I was younger. It is amazing to watch birds in flight, in slow motion. To think these ones can control these feathers to do that while concentrating on something else. They do it without thinking, just like walking we just do it. Also those planes you are talking about were a result of creation and design. How many have just popped out of the ground ready to go? You see how the scientists have warped peoples minds? They can't even recognized design any more.

Mr Dunsapy
Poster
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:19 pm

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Mr Dunsapy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:57 am

Chachacha wrote:
Mr Dunsapy wrote:
Yes, you are, Mr. Dunsapy, yes you are. Jesus died for my sins and yours, and we are ALL going to heaven
Sorry to dash your hopes, but there is no heaven for you. The earth was made for man, and that is his future. It always was. Adam and Eve were never meant to die. They were to live on the earth forever. That is what the bible says.
Oh, no, can't dash my ho .... beliefs ... I'm a believer. Can't touch me!
Get over yourself! 8-)

Chachacha
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9167
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:07 am
Custom Title: Irrational Skeptic

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Chachacha » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:27 am

Mr Dunsapy wrote:
Chachacha wrote:
Mr Dunsapy wrote:
Yes, you are, Mr. Dunsapy, yes you are. Jesus died for my sins and yours, and we are ALL going to heaven
Sorry to dash your hopes, but there is no heaven for you. The earth was made for man, and that is his future. It always was. Adam and Eve were never meant to die. They were to live on the earth forever. That is what the bible says.
Oh, no, can't dash my ho .... beliefs ... I'm a believer. Can't touch me!
Get over yourself! 8-)
:D I'm loving this! I thoroughly enjoy life, don't believe in God, Jesus, hell, or heaven, and I've committed more "sins" than not, (well obviously that's implied in "thoroughly enjoying life"); and according to a growing group of believers, I'm going to heaven! :lol:

User avatar
Austin Harper
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5493
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:22 pm
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk
Location: Detroit

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Austin Harper » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:45 am

Mr Dunsapy wrote:
Austin Harper wrote:
Mr Dunsapy wrote:
Austin Harper wrote:Life can and did come from nonlife. Dogs came from wolves. You have not shown design. That was easy.
1-What is your example of life coming from non life?
2-Wolves are part the dog kind of animals.
3- Are birds designed to fly? Humans copy birds and build airplanes. They say airplanes are designed but the birds they copied from are not designed! Rather hypocritical!
1. Earth
2. I thought this was obvious so I didn't say it. Dogs came from wolves which came from other wolf-like creatures. The further back in the lineage you go, the less dog-like the animal. Ref: http://www.naturalworlds.org/wolf/history/evolution.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
3. Human aircraft operate nothing like birds. Yes, they both fly, but that's where the similarities end. I don't know of any fixed-wing birds. I also don't know of any propeller or jet-driven birds either. Do you know how I know airplanes are designed? I design them. How do you know they're designed? I'm the designer telling you that I did it. I can show you my design process even (but not some of the technical bits, they are proprietary and I don't want to get fired.) I'll be willing to accept that birds are designed when YHWH sets up a meeting with me so we can compare and contrast our designs.

1 No one has any evidence life just spontaneously happened. That is magic. The scientists really have no idea.
2 If all you have is dogs that is what you always have. There is no evidence that a dog , was anything other than a dog. There are no almost-humans or any ex-humans.
3 Man looked at birds to try a figure out how we could do that. They took their designs from soaring birds. They could not get the flapping to work so they used a engine to pull them. Very crude compared to the real thing. Yes I learned to fly when I was younger. It is amazing to watch birds in flight, in slow motion. To think these ones can control these feathers to do that while concentrating on something else. They do it without thinking, just like walking we just do it. Also those planes you are talking about were a result of creation and design. How many have just popped out of the ground ready to go? You see how the scientists have warped peoples minds? They can't even recognized design any more.
1. You're calling abiogenesis magic when your theory is that Magic Sky Daddy just popped us into existence fully formed? :roll:
2. But dogs aren't all we have, nor is it all we had. Denying the fossil record won't make it go away.
3. Yes, birds fly. And elk run. Do you think that's why we invented cars? I stand by my earlier statement, I'll accept your designer when he agrees to meet with me (or anyone!) to talk about his designs. Or give an interview. Or just show up for a photo op.
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

User avatar
xouper
True Skeptic
Posts: 10898
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:04 pm
Location: has left the building

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by xouper » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:06 am

Mr Dunsapy wrote:
xouper wrote:You have already been shown why your argument is deeply flawed. You are just trolling the forum with your nonsense.
I noticed that you did not answer this. Can you?
Yes I can. But I don't have to because you have already been shown why your argument is deeply flawed. It's not my problem that you refuse to acknowledge the flaws in your arguments.

Mr Dunsapy
Poster
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:19 pm

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Mr Dunsapy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:41 pm

Austin Harper wrote:
Mr Dunsapy wrote:
Austin Harper wrote:
Mr Dunsapy wrote:
Austin Harper wrote:Life can and did come from nonlife. Dogs came from wolves. You have not shown design. That was easy.
1-What is your example of life coming from non life?
2-Wolves are part the dog kind of animals.
3- Are birds designed to fly? Humans copy birds and build airplanes. They say airplanes are designed but the birds they copied from are not designed! Rather hypocritical!
1. Earth
2. I thought this was obvious so I didn't say it. Dogs came from wolves which came from other wolf-like creatures. The further back in the lineage you go, the less dog-like the animal. Ref: http://www.naturalworlds.org/wolf/history/evolution.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
3. Human aircraft operate nothing like birds. Yes, they both fly, but that's where the similarities end. I don't know of any fixed-wing birds. I also don't know of any propeller or jet-driven birds either. Do you know how I know airplanes are designed? I design them. How do you know they're designed? I'm the designer telling you that I did it. I can show you my design process even (but not some of the technical bits, they are proprietary and I don't want to get fired.) I'll be willing to accept that birds are designed when YHWH sets up a meeting with me so we can compare and contrast our designs.

1 No one has any evidence life just spontaneously happened. That is magic. The scientists really have no idea.
2 If all you have is dogs that is what you always have. There is no evidence that a dog , was anything other than a dog. There are no almost-humans or any ex-humans.
3 Man looked at birds to try a figure out how we could do that. They took their designs from soaring birds. They could not get the flapping to work so they used a engine to pull them. Very crude compared to the real thing. Yes I learned to fly when I was younger. It is amazing to watch birds in flight, in slow motion. To think these ones can control these feathers to do that while concentrating on something else. They do it without thinking, just like walking we just do it. Also those planes you are talking about were a result of creation and design. How many have just popped out of the ground ready to go? You see how the scientists have warped peoples minds? They can't even recognized design any more.
1. You're calling abiogenesis magic when your theory is that Magic Sky Daddy just popped us into existence fully formed? :roll:
2. But dogs aren't all we have, nor is it all we had. Denying the fossil record won't make it go away.
3. Yes, birds fly. And elk run. Do you think that's why we invented cars? I stand by my earlier statement, I'll accept your designer when he agrees to meet with me (or anyone!) to talk about his designs. Or give an interview. Or just show up for a photo op.
Thats correct dogs are not all we have. But that is what dogs will always have, is more dogs. Because of that animals were created according their kinds. 'Evolution' does not exist. So to get all the different kinds of life. they have to be created.
The designer/creator, is obvious from the creation,life is not just a pile of goo. If the scientists were correct that life spontaneously generate itself that is all you would have. But even at that that is not what we see. DNA is a code that has to be programed to work. The catch with a cell just happening is that, a cell needs proteins in the development of RNA but the RNA needs the proteins in it's development. Catch 22.The scientists do not know how this could happen. Also the DNA tags materials that tells this material where to go and how to fold.
Look at some animations of how a cell works , then you will see how precise this all is. All these systems need to be complete for the cell to work.
Ask yourself,
How did a cell know it had to survive?
How did it know how to?
Yet that is programed in to theses cells.