Genesis is an evolutionary account

Creationism, Intelligent Design, and Evolution.
Chachacha
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9167
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:07 am
Custom Title: Irrational Skeptic

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Chachacha » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:12 pm

Mr Dunsapy wrote:
They have to believe in magic.
Mr. Dunsapy. You have again gone beyond the scope of the Skeptics here. Most of them only have a cursory understanding of evolution and the Bible. They are here mainly to seek other doubters they agree with and not for any enlightenment. But the fact you are able top hold their attention with a few post is sheer brilliance. You will do well on the Dawkins website. Knowledgeable people are always welcomed there

"Believers" are the true doubters and non-believers: they simple refuse to believe the truth, preferring, instead, to believe fabrications and myths
Yes that is the case.
I'm glad you agree with me. So why are you a believer?

Chachacha
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9167
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:07 am
Custom Title: Irrational Skeptic

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Chachacha » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:45 pm

moth1ne wrote:Or a judgmental person for that matter. He is pretty quick to call skeptics insecure, fearful, or miserable. As if he truly knows anyone on this forum aside from their posts. I would not call myself miserable and I am an atheist.
When one's entire belief system is based on made-up things, one doesn't see anything wrong with making things up.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 24016
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:17 am

Chachacha wrote:
moth1ne wrote:Or a judgmental person for that matter. He is pretty quick to call skeptics insecure, fearful, or miserable. As if he truly knows anyone on this forum aside from their posts. I would not call myself miserable and I am an atheist.
When one's entire belief system is based on made-up things, one doesn't see anything wrong with making things up.
Or lying.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
Poodle
Has No Life
Posts: 11000
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Poodle » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:22 am

Or changing from one set of lies to another when the first lot didn't work.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 24016
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:36 am

Poodle wrote:Or changing from one set of lies to another when the first lot didn't work.
You mean apologetics.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
Poodle
Has No Life
Posts: 11000
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Poodle » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:03 am

Or, in this case, apoloforgetics.

Chachacha
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9167
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:07 am
Custom Title: Irrational Skeptic

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Chachacha » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:09 am

Poodle wrote:Or, in this case, apoloforgetics.
:lol:

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 24016
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:14 am

Chachacha wrote:
Poodle wrote:Or, in this case, apoloforgetics.
:lol:
:mrgreen:
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Mr Dunsapy
Poster
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:19 pm

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Mr Dunsapy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:10 am

Chachacha wrote:
Mr Dunsapy wrote:
They have to believe in magic.
Mr. Dunsapy. You have again gone beyond the scope of the Skeptics here. Most of them only have a cursory understanding of evolution and the Bible. They are here mainly to seek other doubters they agree with and not for any enlightenment. But the fact you are able top hold their attention with a few post is sheer brilliance. You will do well on the Dawkins website. Knowledgeable people are always welcomed there

"Believers" are the true doubters and non-believers: they simple refuse to believe the truth, preferring, instead, to believe fabrications and myths
Yes that is the case.
I'm glad you agree with me. So why are you a believer?
It is the only thing that is real. The scientists have tried to break creation, even from the time of Darwin, and haven't been able to. So they really have collected scientific evidence for creation. They have also shown what happens to intelligence men and women, when they go with their own understanding.
The bottom line is that he scientist have given man the ability to destroy themselves and the planet. If God did not step in, that is what will happen. But that was known thousands of years ago.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 24016
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:21 am

Mr Dunsapy wrote:It is the only thing that is real. The scientists have tried to break creation, even from the time of Darwin, and haven't been able to.
You have to be a Poe.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Chachacha
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9167
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:07 am
Custom Title: Irrational Skeptic

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Chachacha » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:05 am

Mr Dunsapy wrote:
Chachacha wrote:
Mr Dunsapy wrote:
They have to believe in magic.
Mr. Dunsapy. You have again gone beyond the scope of the Skeptics here. Most of them only have a cursory understanding of evolution and the Bible. They are here mainly to seek other doubters they agree with and not for any enlightenment. But the fact you are able top hold their attention with a few post is sheer brilliance. You will do well on the Dawkins website. Knowledgeable people are always welcomed there

"Believers" are the true doubters and non-believers: they simple refuse to believe the truth, preferring, instead, to believe fabrications and myths
Yes that is the case.
I'm glad you agree with me. So why are you a believer?
It is the only thing that is real. The scientists have tried to break creation, even from the time of Darwin, and haven't been able to. So they really have collected scientific evidence for creation. They have also shown what happens to intelligence men and women, when they go with their own understanding.
The bottom line is that he scientist have given man the ability to destroy themselves and the planet. If God did not step in, that is what will happen. But that was known thousands of years ago.

I thought the story is God is going to step in to destroy the world .... because he's a prick. Has that changed?

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 24016
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:40 am

Chachacha wrote:I thought the story is God is going to step in to destroy the world .... because he's a prick. Has that changed?
The fact that god is prick proves he's a creation of the human mind. Humans have never thought up a god with better manners or morals than they have.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Chachacha
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9167
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:07 am
Custom Title: Irrational Skeptic

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Chachacha » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:00 am

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Chachacha wrote:I thought the story is God is going to step in to destroy the world .... because he's a prick. Has that changed?
The fact that god is prick proves he's a creation of the human mind. Humans have never thought up a god with better manners or morals than they have.

If God existed, he'd be in jail for being a rage-filled, jealous, psychotic torturer and filicide.

User avatar
Austin Harper
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5533
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:22 pm
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk
Location: Detroit

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Austin Harper » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:53 am

Mr Dunsapy, Are you going to respond to my question about Matthew 24:34?
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

User avatar
Poodle
Has No Life
Posts: 11000
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Poodle » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:46 am

Not answering direct relevant questions appears to be the order of the day. Yours is an awkward one, Austin, so I predict that it will go down as another one of those "day" things.

This generation (check) will not mean this generation and passed away (check) will not mean passed away.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 24016
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:19 am

Chachacha wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Chachacha wrote:I thought the story is God is going to step in to destroy the world .... because he's a prick. Has that changed?
The fact that god is prick proves he's a creation of the human mind. Humans have never thought up a god with better manners or morals than they have.

If God existed, he'd be in jail for being a rage-filled, jealous, psychotic torturer and filicide.
Very true. This is proven by the fact that humans who act exactly like him get the same treatment. It's almost as if he were just another human.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 24016
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:20 am

Austin Harper wrote:Mr Dunsapy, Are you going to respond to my question about Matthew 24:34?
No, he's not. He doesn't exist, as proven by his own lack of ability to provide an unbroken chain of fossils back to Adam.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

justinrapper
BANNED
Posts: 1022
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by justinrapper » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:52 pm

Austin Harper wrote:Mr Dunsapy, Are you going to respond to my question about Matthew 24:34?
Mathew 24:34 is often quoted to challenge Jesus as a false prophet. But when to take the answer to the questions that were asked of Jesus.
1. When will these things happen ( the destruction of the Temple)
2. The signs of his second coming.
3. The destruction of the world.
Jesus answered these questions in chronological order. You will see the destruction of the temple, then the signs Mathew 24:29:
Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
And to that generation that witnesses these signs (his second coming) will mark the end of the World.
Matherw 24:34 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 35Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

User avatar
Poodle
Has No Life
Posts: 11000
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Poodle » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:05 pm

justinrapper wrote:
Austin Harper wrote:Mr Dunsapy, Are you going to respond to my question about Matthew 24:34?
Mathew 24:34 is often quoted to challenge Jesus as a false prophet. But when to take the answer to the questions that were asked of Jesus.
1. When will these things happen ( the destruction of the Temple)
2. The signs of his second coming.
3. The destruction of the world.
Jesus answered these questions in chronological order. You will see the destruction of the temple, then the signs Mathew 24:29:
Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
And to that generation that witnesses these signs (his second coming) will mark the end of the World.
Matherw 24:34 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 35Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

Cherry picking again, jamal? Here are the verses in question (the King James version, which Mr Dunsapy has already agreed to use). Seems your added bit is a very loose translation. It seems to me that it is a prediction for the very near future and that "this generation" means just that. The question still stands ... THIS generation.

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

34 Verily I say unto you, this generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.



As usual, you know not whereof you speak.

justinrapper
BANNED
Posts: 1022
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by justinrapper » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:21 pm

Poodle wrote:
justinrapper wrote:
Austin Harper wrote:Mr Dunsapy, Are you going to respond to my question about Matthew 24:34?
Mathew 24:34 is often quoted to challenge Jesus as a false prophet. But when to take the answer to the questions that were asked of Jesus.
1. When will these things happen ( the destruction of the Temple)
2. The signs of his second coming.
3. The destruction of the world.
Jesus answered these questions in chronological order. You will see the destruction of the temple, then the signs Mathew 24:29:
Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
And to that generation that witnesses these signs (his second coming) will mark the end of the World.
Matherw 24:34 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 35Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

Cherry picking again, jamal? Here are the verses in question (the King James version, which Mr Dunsapy has already agreed to use). Seems your added bit is a very loose translation. It seems to me that it is a prediction for the very near future and that "this generation" means just that. The question still stands ... THIS generation.

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
Have we seen those signs that Jesus spoke about? Has the son of man descended from the clouds of heaven? Have we seen the angels and heard the great sounds of trumpets?
The generation that witnesses those events will see the end of the world. Follow the chronological order of events.

User avatar
Poodle
Has No Life
Posts: 11000
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Poodle » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:30 pm

Follow the sense of the quotation, dummy.

Jesus was purportedly speaking directly to his disciples. That's what the passage is about. He said that they (ye - you know - ye meaning you) would see those signs and would therefore know. Their generation would not pass before they would see the signs. It is a prediction of events in their very near future, and he was telling them they would see them.

Substituting a version of the bible written by modern evangelists using the King James as a source is merely parrotting the wishful thinking of other people (which version did you use, by the way?). That's otherwise known as making it up as you go along.

Those events have not happened, but the disciples are dead - THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT!

justinrapper
BANNED
Posts: 1022
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by justinrapper » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:44 pm

Poodle wrote:Follow the sense of the quotation, dummy.

Jesus was purportedly speaking directly to his disciples. That's what the passage is about. He said that they (ye - you know - ye meaning you) would see those signs and would therefore know. Their generation would not pass before they would see the signs. It is a prediction of events in their very near future, and he was telling them they would see them.

Substituting a version of the bible written by modern evangelists using the King James as a source is merely parrotting the wishful thinking of other people. That's otherwise known as making it up as you go along.
Jesus spoke about a multitude of events that would take place and that would take several generations to complete like:
24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
Even to this day the gospel is not preached throughout the world. How could the end come before people had the chance to accept his salvation? Christianity was still a local sectarian religion during Jesus's ministry.

User avatar
Poodle
Has No Life
Posts: 11000
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Poodle » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:51 pm

justinrapper wrote:Jesus spoke about a multitude of events that would take place and that would take several generations to complete ...
Maybe. But what has that got to do with the use of the term "this generation" in the passage in question? (I'll give you the answer to save your time - Nothing).

justinrapper
BANNED
Posts: 1022
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by justinrapper » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:58 pm

Poodle wrote:
justinrapper wrote:Jesus spoke about a multitude of events that would take place and that would take several generations to complete ...
Maybe. But what has that got to do with the use of the term "this generation" in the passage in question? (I'll give you the answer to save your time - Nothing).
This generation that sees my second coming....time is up. That is why your faith is so weak. It is matched with your poor understanding of the Bible.

User avatar
Poodle
Has No Life
Posts: 11000
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Poodle » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:03 pm

You simply refuse to see your error, don't you?

Which bible version did you get that quotation from?

EDIT: Don't bother - I found it. I'm arguing with a man who takes his scripture from the Jehovah's Witnesses. No wonder it feels like banging my head against a wall. Still - any bandwagon in a storm.

User avatar
angawawa
Regular Poster
Posts: 868
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:41 pm
Custom Title: A little strange

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by angawawa » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:16 pm

I'd just like to bring up this link again http://www.electricsheepcomix.com/apocamon/. Cause it's awesome. Awesomely FREAKY!!!!!!
If you keep your mind sufficiently open, people will throw all manner of garbage into it.

User avatar
Poodle
Has No Life
Posts: 11000
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Poodle » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:21 pm

Aaaarghh! Don't show him that!

He'll be quoting it soon :lol:

Mr Dunsapy
Poster
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:19 pm

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Mr Dunsapy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Chachacha wrote:
Mr Dunsapy wrote:
Chachacha wrote:
Mr Dunsapy wrote:
They have to believe in magic.
Mr. Dunsapy. You have again gone beyond the scope of the Skeptics here. Most of them only have a cursory understanding of evolution and the Bible. They are here mainly to seek other doubters they agree with and not for any enlightenment. But the fact you are able top hold their attention with a few post is sheer brilliance. You will do well on the Dawkins website. Knowledgeable people are always welcomed there

"Believers" are the true doubters and non-believers: they simple refuse to believe the truth, preferring, instead, to believe fabrications and myths
Yes that is the case.
I'm glad you agree with me. So why are you a believer?
It is the only thing that is real. The scientists have tried to break creation, even from the time of Darwin, and haven't been able to. So they really have collected scientific evidence for creation. They have also shown what happens to intelligence men and women, when they go with their own understanding.
The bottom line is that he scientist have given man the ability to destroy themselves and the planet. If God did not step in, that is what will happen. But that was known thousands of years ago.

I thought the story is God is going to step in to destroy the world .... because he's a prick. Has that changed?
Actually not destroy the earth , the scientist and man are trying to do that. He is going to step in the stop the scientists and man from doing that. That's a good thing!
It is about time that the ones that want to follow God, get that chance. Many have had to live with the ones that don't since the days of Adam.
So it may not be a good thing for the ones that don't want that, but the world has had that for too long.
The future of man on the earth is fantastic, but few are the ones that find it.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 24016
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:57 pm

justinrapper wrote:
Austin Harper wrote:Mr Dunsapy, Are you going to respond to my question about Matthew 24:34?
Mathew 24:34 is often quoted to challenge Jesus as a false prophet. But when to take the answer to the questions that were asked of Jesus.
1. When will these things happen ( the destruction of the Temple)
2. The signs of his second coming.
3. The destruction of the world.
Jesus answered these questions in chronological order. You will see the destruction of the temple, then the signs Mathew 24:29:
Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
And to that generation that witnesses these signs (his second coming) will mark the end of the World.
Matherw 24:34 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 35Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
Wow, the guys who genned up the New Testament knew about the Old Testament. Who would have believed it. Given that Xtians lie all the time, it naturally follows that they lied about the prophesies.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Chachacha
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9167
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:07 am
Custom Title: Irrational Skeptic

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Chachacha » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:29 pm

I thought the story is God is going to step in to destroy the world .... because he's a prick. Has that changed?
Mr Dunsapy wrote: Actually not destroy the earth , the scientist and man are trying to do that. He is going to step in the stop the scientists and man from doing that. That's a good thing!
It is about time that the ones that want to follow God, get that chance. Many have had to live with the ones that don't since the days of Adam.
So it may not be a good thing for the ones that don't want that, but the world has had that for too long.
The future of man on the earth is fantastic, but few are the ones that find it.
"Few" is an overstatement: the same number of people are going to find your fantasy as have found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

One of the delusions I do enjoy is that Jesus died to open the gates of heaven to everyone, and all we have to do to get in is die. I enjoy it because it makes the heads of the sanctimonious "only a few" groupies' heads explode. :)

Mr Dunsapy
Poster
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:19 pm

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Mr Dunsapy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:56 pm

Chachacha wrote:I thought the story is God is going to step in to destroy the world .... because he's a prick. Has that changed?
Mr Dunsapy wrote: Actually not destroy the earth , the scientist and man are trying to do that. He is going to step in the stop the scientists and man from doing that. That's a good thing!
It is about time that the ones that want to follow God, get that chance. Many have had to live with the ones that don't since the days of Adam.
So it may not be a good thing for the ones that don't want that, but the world has had that for too long.
The future of man on the earth is fantastic, but few are the ones that find it.
"Few" is an overstatement: the same number of people are going to find your fantasy as have found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

One of the delusions I do enjoy is that Jesus died to open the gates of heaven to everyone, and all we have to do to get in is die. I enjoy it because it makes the heads of the sanctimonious "only a few" groupies' heads explode. :)
Actually at the flood Noah and his family were saved through that. That time pictures the time of the end. So there will be ones that never will die.
Also humans die because we are not perfect,we are a result of imperfection.

Chachacha
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9167
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:07 am
Custom Title: Irrational Skeptic

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Chachacha » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:07 pm

Mr Dunsapy wrote:
Chachacha wrote:I thought the story is God is going to step in to destroy the world .... because he's a prick. Has that changed?
Mr Dunsapy wrote: Actually not destroy the earth , the scientist and man are trying to do that. He is going to step in the stop the scientists and man from doing that. That's a good thing!
It is about time that the ones that want to follow God, get that chance. Many have had to live with the ones that don't since the days of Adam.
So it may not be a good thing for the ones that don't want that, but the world has had that for too long.
The future of man on the earth is fantastic, but few are the ones that find it.
"Few" is an overstatement: the same number of people are going to find your fantasy as have found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

One of the delusions I do enjoy is that Jesus died to open the gates of heaven to everyone, and all we have to do to get in is die. I enjoy it because it makes the heads of the sanctimonious "only a few" groupies' heads explode. :)
Actually at the flood Noah and his family were saved through that. That time pictures the time of the end. So there will be ones that never will die.
Also humans die because we are not perfect,we are a result of imperfection.
Interesting interpretation of Genesis: humans don't die because God was a rage-filled psychotic, breaking his toys like an angry toddler, but because humans are imperfect .... which is the way God created them .... and then punished them for it.

But all that's in the past: God is no longer a psychotic filicide, he is now a loving father - all he had to do was one last filicide by proxy, and now, Jesus died to absolve us of our sins and all we have to do is die, so I'll see you in heaven! :lol:

What great fantasy fun!
Last edited by Chachacha on Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 24016
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:07 pm

Mr Dunsapy wrote:Actually at the flood Noah and his family were saved through that. That time pictures the time of the end. So there will be ones that never will die.
Also humans die because we are not perfect,we are a result of imperfection.
And by your account, all humans are the result of incest.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
angawawa
Regular Poster
Posts: 868
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:41 pm
Custom Title: A little strange

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by angawawa » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:03 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Mr Dunsapy wrote:Actually at the flood Noah and his family were saved through that. That time pictures the time of the end. So there will be ones that never will die.
Also humans die because we are not perfect,we are a result of imperfection.
And by your account, all humans are the result of incest.
Eeewwwwwwwww. This is like icky design, only worse.
If you keep your mind sufficiently open, people will throw all manner of garbage into it.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 24016
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:37 pm

angawawa wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Mr Dunsapy wrote:Actually at the flood Noah and his family were saved through that. That time pictures the time of the end. So there will be ones that never will die.
Also humans die because we are not perfect,we are a result of imperfection.
And by your account, all humans are the result of incest.
Eeewwwwwwwww. This is like icky design, only worse.
Well, it's laid out twice in the bible that way, Adam and Eve's offspring, then Noah's grandkids. Religious people don't THINK.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Mr Dunsapy
Poster
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:19 pm

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Mr Dunsapy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:14 pm

Chachacha wrote:
Mr Dunsapy wrote:
Chachacha wrote:I thought the story is God is going to step in to destroy the world .... because he's a prick. Has that changed?
Mr Dunsapy wrote: Actually not destroy the earth , the scientist and man are trying to do that. He is going to step in the stop the scientists and man from doing that. That's a good thing!
It is about time that the ones that want to follow God, get that chance. Many have had to live with the ones that don't since the days of Adam.
So it may not be a good thing for the ones that don't want that, but the world has had that for too long.
The future of man on the earth is fantastic, but few are the ones that find it.
"Few" is an overstatement: the same number of people are going to find your fantasy as have found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

One of the delusions I do enjoy is that Jesus died to open the gates of heaven to everyone, and all we have to do to get in is die. I enjoy it because it makes the heads of the sanctimonious "only a few" groupies' heads explode. :)
Actually at the flood Noah and his family were saved through that. That time pictures the time of the end. So there will be ones that never will die.
Also humans die because we are not perfect,we are a result of imperfection.
Interesting interpretation of Genesis: humans don't die because God was a rage-filled psychotic, breaking his toys like an angry toddler, but because humans are imperfect .... which is the way God created them .... and then punished them for it.

But all that's in the past: God is no longer a psychotic filicide, he is now a loving father - all he had to do was one last filicide by proxy, and now, Jesus died to absolve us of our sins and all we have to do is die, so I'll see you in heaven! :lol:

What great fantasy fun!
Actually you will not see me in heaven. Humans were created for the earth. The bible is about getting back what Adam lost, here on earth. When Adam failed God , he set a time that he would step in and


Psalm 37:29
New King James Version (NKJV)
29 The righteous shall inherit the land,
And dwell in it forever.

Revelation 11:18
21st Century King James Version (KJ21)
18 And the nations were angry; and Thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that Thou shouldest give reward unto Thy servants the prophets, and to the saints and them that fear Thy name, small and great, and shouldest destroy them that destroy the earth.”

Do you see here that man is going to live on the earth, and that God is going to destroy the ones that are destroying the earth.
So you really should know what the bible says, before shooting off rifle shots in the air. Sometimes it is better to think first.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 24016
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:19 pm

Mr. Dunsapy is hiding from me. Fail for Mr. Dunsapy. He can't answer my questions.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
bigtim
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4088
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:04 pm
Custom Title: Skeptical Berserker
Location: Miðgarðr

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by bigtim » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:19 pm

I've given up talking with Dunsapy. He has no desire for conversation and is immune to logic and reason. At least justinrapper attempts to appear intelligent by copy/pasting other people's arguments that he finds on the internet. But he's in the same boat, and I've flipped the same bit, on both of them.

I don't mind, in fact I desire, real discussion. But this crap here... no, this isn't it.
~
BigTim
"I'm not entirely convinced that ValHalla isn't real."

Mr Dunsapy
Poster
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:19 pm

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Mr Dunsapy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:20 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
justinrapper wrote:
Austin Harper wrote:Mr Dunsapy, Are you going to respond to my question about Matthew 24:34?
Mathew 24:34 is often quoted to challenge Jesus as a false prophet. But when to take the answer to the questions that were asked of Jesus.
1. When will these things happen ( the destruction of the Temple)
2. The signs of his second coming.
3. The destruction of the world.
Jesus answered these questions in chronological order. You will see the destruction of the temple, then the signs Mathew 24:29:
Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
And to that generation that witnesses these signs (his second coming) will mark the end of the World.
Matherw 24:34 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 35Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
Wow, the guys who genned up the New Testament knew about the Old Testament. Who would have believed it. Given that Xtians lie all the time, it naturally follows that they lied about the prophesies.
Science you commented on this do you know what it means? For example you say you would meet me in heaven. Yet this verse says heaven and earth will pass away, so how could you meet me in heaven? Or is it you don't know the meaning of what is said here?

Mr Dunsapy
Poster
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:19 pm

Re: Genesis is an evolutionary account

Post by Mr Dunsapy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:27 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Mr Dunsapy wrote:Actually at the flood Noah and his family were saved through that. That time pictures the time of the end. So there will be ones that never will die.
Also humans die because we are not perfect,we are a result of imperfection.
And by your account, all humans are the result of incest.
This is a good question. Adam and Eve were perfect, there was no problem biologically with that. Because they lost that perfection, it became over time dangerous generically for their offspring. This has resulted in the taboo of close family ties. So it is imperfect that has caused this.