Zuckerberg fails Turing test

What you think about how you think.
Abdul Alhazred
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: Yes that one.

Zuckerberg fails Turing test

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:12 pm

Only in America?
Mark Steyn (bitchy theater critic turned right wing pundit)

My favorite exchange yesterday came when Senator Dan Sullivan took the microphone. He's a Republican from Alaska, but he could as easily have been a Democrat of a certain disposition. He observed that Mr Zuckerberg had created his spectacularly lucrative global behemoth in his college dorm room at the age of nineteen. And then he said: "Facebook is an 'Only in America' story, right?"

The witness looked befuddled - as I do in, say, Marseille, when a bit of local vernacular runs up against the limits of my conversational French.

So Senator Sullivan attempted to clarify what he meant. "You couldn't do this in China, right?"

Zuckerberg considered the matter, sincerely. "Well, Senator," he said, "there are some very strong Chinese Internet companies."

"Come on, I'm trying to help you," growled the plain-spoken Sullivan, throwing in the towel. "Gimme a break, you're in front of a bunch of senators: the answer is yes." The audience laughed. But the child-man seemed genuinely nonplussed.

Aldous Huxley wrote:A government with a comprehensive plan for the betterment of society is a government that uses torture.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Zuckerberg fails Turing test

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:33 pm

Nice OP statement. But the failure is more evident among the creeps. Letting Suckerberg tell the same lies year after year. When some miscreant ADMITS THEY ARE WRONG: thats when you hose them. I assume the Congresscreeps were all paid off one way or the other.

Ha, ha.......I actually enjoy targeted advertising. Power tools I already own are much more fun to see than feminine hygiene products. As to swaying my vote?==>I don't think so. Thats been set in concrete for a number of years now.......
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Abdul Alhazred
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: Yes that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:09 pm

I have been seeing sidewalk level billboards all over downtown Chicago and in train stations. That is for Facebook, telling us they are our friend and will will protect us from fake news.

Anyone else see these in some other town? All reports of sightings appreciated.
Aldous Huxley wrote:A government with a comprehensive plan for the betterment of society is a government that uses torture.

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Monster » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:33 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:I have been seeing sidewalk level billboards all over downtown Chicago and in train stations. That is for Facebook, telling us they are our friend and will will protect us from fake news.

Anyone else see these in some other town? All reports of sightings appreciated.
They would almost certainly be in NYC, but I haven't seen any recently.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.