Blind in the mind

What you think about how you think.
bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Blind in the mind

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:16 am

Ha, ha........I've always had trouble STOPPING my inner voice. In my youth....it was so bad it made me stammer, not because of any impediment but my brain was giving me so many "choices" I was stalled on choosing which one. I had to dumb myself down. I think another few boots to the head would help even now. My resolution: just pick any of the several choices given and go with it.

It just occurred to me, and never before, I didn't have this problem when flying airplanes...............I'm totally guessing that is because I was TRAINED how to do that????????? Comes down to: having a plan?

..................interesting. ((To me anyway.................and isn't that why we are here?===>Thats a reference to Gords New Thread, but my own linkage only occurred here. Thats life too))
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Dimebag
Regular Poster

Post by Dimebag » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:23 am

Gord wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:53 am
Dimebag wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:57 am
I wonder if deaf minders [my coining] out there (if they exist) would have major deficiencies in thought compared to normally functioning people?
When I was being treated for severe clinical depression back in the day, I had a hard time explaining my situation and symptoms to my doctors because "I can't hear myself think" wasn't a symptom of anything. But it still summed things up quite nicely, if I remember correctly (it's hard to imagine not being able to hear yourself think while you're hearing yourself think about imagining it).
Interesting Gord, so when this occurrence was happening would you say you made an effort to think but nothing happened? I can’t even imagine what that’s like, as thoughts tend to just happen as opposed to intentionally causing them to happen. Was it like, you had an expectation that something should be happening internally, but that nothing happened? Did this cause any difficulty in external speech?

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: prostrate spurge

Post by Gord » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:03 am

Dimebag wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:23 am
Gord wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:53 am
Dimebag wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:57 am
I wonder if deaf minders [my coining] out there (if they exist) would have major deficiencies in thought compared to normally functioning people?
When I was being treated for severe clinical depression back in the day, I had a hard time explaining my situation and symptoms to my doctors because "I can't hear myself think" wasn't a symptom of anything. But it still summed things up quite nicely, if I remember correctly (it's hard to imagine not being able to hear yourself think while you're hearing yourself think about imagining it).
Interesting Gord, so when this occurrence was happening would you say you made an effort to think but nothing happened? I can’t even imagine what that’s like, as thoughts tend to just happen as opposed to intentionally causing them to happen. Was it like, you had an expectation that something should be happening internally, but that nothing happened? Did this cause any difficulty in external speech?
It was difficult for me to understand what I was thinking, but I knew I was still thinking because I was doing things.

Like I said, it's hard now to even conceive of what I was experiencing at the time. I remember doctors doing through the checklist and asking me if I was hearing voices, and I would say "no, not even my own" and they would just look at me blankly.

It was like being in a place where you should be hearing echoes, but instead there was silence.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:09 am

Gord wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:03 am
Like I said, it's hard now to even conceive of what I was experiencing at the time. I remember doctors doing through the checklist and asking me if I was hearing voices, and I would say "no, not even my own" and they would just look at me blankly.
Ha, ha. I was setting the record for emotional damages when I was asked the same question. My answer: "Yes, I hear voices all the time, like YOURS right now." I'm not totally sure how the Psych took that. Too clever by half, or covering something up? He was a smart guy though, I really respected his insights.........but I never decided whether or not "I" was being played. Talk for Cash is like that.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:30 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:09 am
Gord wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:03 am
Ha, ha. I was setting the record for emotional damages when I was asked the same question. My answer: "Yes, I hear voices all the time, like YOURS right now." I'm not totally sure how the Psych took that. Too clever by half, or covering something up?...
I think that's a rather standard response: "Well, I can hear your voice."
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:59 am

What makes you think "what is standard?"

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:13 pm

Being there.
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:59 pm

Thats only your experience. A standard is a broader measure.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:45 pm

All anyone has is their experience. Even when someone else tells you their experience, that's still your experience of their experience.
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:48 pm

true or not.....a standard is still a broader measure. Hmmmm..... the issue may be then that we have to ask our sisters?

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:11 am

I aksed my shrink at the time. She was a lady. A few years later I aksed her daughter, who was also a lady shrink. Apparently shrinkage runs in some families.
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?