The Inter Mind

What you think about how you think.
SteveKlinko
Regular Poster
Posts: 997
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:14 pm

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by SteveKlinko » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:31 am

landrew wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:03 pm
SteveKlinko wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:43 pm
landrew wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:40 pm
SteveKlinko wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:43 pm
landrew wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:19 pm
SteveKlinko wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:41 pm
landrew wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:51 am
Pain is an electrochemical signal that fires on pain-receptor neurons in the brain. Purely physical and biological. Completely irrelevant to consciousness.
Are you serious? It's just physical and biological? You should think more Deeply about the Conscious experience of Pain. The Pain, in and of itself, as you know it in your Conscious Mind.
Yes, just a signal, generated by the body to indicate a problem, so that the brain can react to it. Not a component of consciousness.
It's actually fascinating that you are unable to distinguish a separate Pain Experience Phenomenon from the Neural Signal Phenomenon.
When you burn your hand on a stove, your hand pulls away without any "conscious experience" whatsoever. "Pain Experience Phenomenon" and "Neural Signal Phenomenon" are concocted phrases, not scientifically demonstrated phenomena. "Pain response" is the correct scientific term.
But within a fraction of a second you Experience the actual Pain. It is the actual Pain Experience that will teach an Animal or Organism not to touch the hot object the next time. If all there was, was the reflex, then there would be little motivation not to touch the hot object again and again until there was serious damage. There is certainly something more to Pain then the mere Neural signal. Think about the Pain Experience in and of itself.
Long before your brain learns anything, the pain response causes you to withdraw from a hot stove. Most organisms will do that, and most of them have no consciousness in spite of what you imagine. Being conscious of a threat which could burn you need not involve pain at all. We can become aware that excessive heat can lead to burns. I don't recall being burned by a stove before I learned not to touch it.

We don't always need pain to learn something. Pain is a sensory signal, which along with our other sensory data informs our brains of our surroundings and builds a conscious awareness. People who are born without the ability to feel pain can eventually be taught to lead a fairly normal life, once they mature enough to know they can't gnaw their own fingers off.
Pain is not required for consciousness.
People that don't have Pain can rationalize to avoid injury. Animals cannot rationalize this. They need Pain to guide them. If the dumb animals that you are descended from could not feel Pain then you would probably not be here today.

SteveKlinko
Regular Poster
Posts: 997
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:14 pm

Re: Debunk / Inter Mind Religion

Post by SteveKlinko » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:32 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:44 am
SteveKlinko wrote: Are you serious? It's just physical and biological?
Yes Steve Klinko. DNA can only carry physical and biological attributes. All life on Earth reproduces using DNA.

This means your magical religion and paranormal dimensions are not evolved as you claim and do not exist.

You keep running away when we point this out to you. You then wait a week and make exactly the same debunked claim.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
So then exactly where does that Pain Experience come from?

SteveKlinko
Regular Poster
Posts: 997
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:14 pm

Re: Debunk / Inter Mind Religion

Post by SteveKlinko » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:37 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:53 am
Matthew Ellard wrote:You are the anti science person who claims a magical conscious creature existed outside of the initial singularity and caused the "Big Bang" without a scrap of evidence.
SteveKlinko wrote:I specifically say "We can Speculate". What is it that you don't understand about the word Speculate?
"Speculate" means considering alternative hypotheses for an observed phenomena. Your religious fairy tale, that a magical "god" consciousness existed outside of the initial singularity is simply a religious fairy tale that doesn't match any observed phenomena.

You may as well say a "leprechaun existed outside of the Big Bang and made all rainbows" :lol:
Leprechaun 1.jpg
True, it is a pretty wild Speculation. But that is all it is. You are doing your Liar routine when you imply that I believe the Speculations to be true. It's all just a little intellectual Playfulness that seems to be going right over your head.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19760
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:38 pm

speculation: A message expressing an opinion based on incomplete evidence

wild speculation: A message expressing an opinion based on no evidence at all or in contravention to what evidence does exist.

You shouldn't confuse the two.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Debunk / Inter Mind Religion

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:28 am

SteveKlinko wrote: So then exactly where does that Pain Experience come from?
It is an evolved conscious representation of a body activity, the same as :tastes salty" and "I feel hungry".

Your religion fails, as all evolved conscious activities are carried on DNA. DNA can only make proteins.

Your "Inter Mind" religion claims DNA can magically create new dimensions, which is complete crap. You simply don't know what DNA is or how evolution works.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Debunk / Inter Mind Religion

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:33 am

SteveKlinko wrote: True, it is a pretty wild Speculation.
Speculation is done in the absence of evidence concerning an object.

However, you are simply ignoring the actual evidence that exists. There cannot be a magical being living outside the singularity as then it would not be a singularity. It would be something else. We already know it was a sigularity because of cosmic background radiation, the homogeneity of the universe, the shape of the universe and its gravity waves.

You are anti-science and simply ignore evidence that does not fit your religious claim. .
:lol: :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Debunk / Inter Mind Religion

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:36 am

SteveKlinko wrote: People that don't have Pain can rationalize to avoid injury. Animals cannot rationalize this.
Humans are animals. We share the same common ancestor with all animals on Earth.

You are the anti-science nutcase who claims a magical consciousness guided evolution on Earth 3.7 billion years ago, without an iota of evidence and no understanding of how life evolved on Earth.
:lol: :lol:

User avatar
Dimebag
Regular Poster
Posts: 889
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:05 pm

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by Dimebag » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:04 am

You could argue that in fact for each possible experience or sensation along a certain spectrum within the mind, that is a dimension along which sensations can vary. It is obviously not a physical dimension like the 3 spatial dimensions, but rather a simulated dimension within a construct. Our sense organs set the limits of these dimensions, and experiences can vary anywhere in between those limits, i.e. 380-750nm of em radiation stimulation, 20-20,000hz for air vibrations, etc. obviously it’s not that simple though, because in reality our vision is comprised of 3 pigmentations which intermix to create the band of visible spectrum we see, so actually vision is comprised of 3 intermeshed dimensions of colour, and more if you count intensity and saturation.

What I am saying is, maybe it is useful to think of experience in dimensional terms, even if they are abstract and simulated.

Obviously though this doesn’t mean we can crack open the head and find these extra dimensions embedded in there somewhere, they are constructs, like a game engine or simulation running on a computer.

So in essence, Matthew, I think DNA CAN create extra dimensions, just not physical ones.

SteveKlinko
Regular Poster
Posts: 997
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:14 pm

Re: Debunk / Inter Mind Religion

Post by SteveKlinko » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:31 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:33 am
SteveKlinko wrote: True, it is a pretty wild Speculation.
Speculation is done in the absence of evidence concerning an object.

However, you are simply ignoring the actual evidence that exists. There cannot be a magical being living outside the singularity as then it would not be a singularity. It would be something else. We already know it was a sigularity because of cosmic background radiation, the homogeneity of the universe, the shape of the universe and its gravity waves.

You are anti-science and simply ignore evidence that does not fit your religious claim. .
:lol: :lol:
When I say Consciousness might have existed before the Big Bang I am not saying there was some sort of Conscious Individual Being there. You are just making your own extrapolations. But there probably was the Redness of Red and the Agony of Pain there though. The Cosmic Background Radiation and the other things you list do not prove the Singularity. It's one thing to be very very compact and another thing to be an actual Singularity. You don't understand the implications of a true Singularity.

SteveKlinko
Regular Poster
Posts: 997
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:14 pm

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by SteveKlinko » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:37 pm

Dimebag wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:04 am
You could argue that in fact for each possible experience or sensation along a certain spectrum within the mind, that is a dimension along which sensations can vary. It is obviously not a physical dimension like the 3 spatial dimensions, but rather a simulated dimension within a construct. Our sense organs set the limits of these dimensions, and experiences can vary anywhere in between those limits, i.e. 380-750nm of em radiation stimulation, 20-20,000hz for air vibrations, etc. obviously it’s not that simple though, because in reality our vision is comprised of 3 pigmentations which intermix to create the band of visible spectrum we see, so actually vision is comprised of 3 intermeshed dimensions of colour, and more if you count intensity and saturation.

What I am saying is, maybe it is useful to think of experience in dimensional terms, even if they are abstract and simulated.

Obviously though this doesn’t mean we can crack open the head and find these extra dimensions embedded in there somewhere, they are constructs, like a game engine or simulation running on a computer.

So in essence, Matthew, I think DNA CAN create extra dimensions, just not physical ones.
Very Good. Yes, Conscious Space can be described as some sort of Dimension of Consciousness. The Redness of Red and the Agony of Pain seem to exist as things in themselves in some kind of Conscious Place.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Debunk / Inter Mind Religion

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:48 am

SteveKlinko wrote: The proposed Conscious Space from The Inter Mind is specifically presented as not being any kind of Physical Space.
You complete idiot, Your "magic consciousness god" had to have interacted with normal physics as you claimed it guided all evolution in the universe. That means it had to interact in normal physics.

You are now contradicting your own religious claims.

Why are you so stupid?
:lol: :lol:

User avatar
Dimebag
Regular Poster
Posts: 889
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:05 pm

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by Dimebag » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:25 am

SteveKlinko wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:37 pm
Dimebag wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:04 am
You could argue that in fact for each possible experience or sensation along a certain spectrum within the mind, that is a dimension along which sensations can vary. It is obviously not a physical dimension like the 3 spatial dimensions, but rather a simulated dimension within a construct. Our sense organs set the limits of these dimensions, and experiences can vary anywhere in between those limits, i.e. 380-750nm of em radiation stimulation, 20-20,000hz for air vibrations, etc. obviously it’s not that simple though, because in reality our vision is comprised of 3 pigmentations which intermix to create the band of visible spectrum we see, so actually vision is comprised of 3 intermeshed dimensions of colour, and more if you count intensity and saturation.

What I am saying is, maybe it is useful to think of experience in dimensional terms, even if they are abstract and simulated.

Obviously though this doesn’t mean we can crack open the head and find these extra dimensions embedded in there somewhere, they are constructs, like a game engine or simulation running on a computer.

So in essence, Matthew, I think DNA CAN create extra dimensions, just not physical ones.
Very Good. Yes, Conscious Space can be described as some sort of Dimension of Consciousness. The Redness of Red and the Agony of Pain seem to exist as things in themselves in some kind of Conscious Place.
I don’t think that’s what I said. They exist only in the mind, there is no dimension of consciousness, as they are constructed by the brain. They exist in the same way that data exists in your computer when there is no monitor connected. I’m not saying that consciousness is binary, but that it is a construct, I.e. when brain activity ceases, the construct is deconstructed.

I’m not sure if red can exist without being part of the visual cortex and eyes, if any component of the system is removed, the experience ceases, it is contingent on the system so cannot be a thing in itself.

I think what we really need to appreciate is how elaborate and amazing this construct is, to be able to assemble such beauty. It is a reflection of what is out there, but also of what was useful to our ancestors through the eons. It’s important to understand how it is that it comes together, but we must not forget from where it emerges, the brain. If what you wish to know is truth then ensure you stick to reality.

User avatar
Poodle
Has No Life
Posts: 11000
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by Poodle » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:32 am

SteveKlinko wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:37 pm
...The Redness of Red and the Agony of Pain seem to exist as things in themselves in some kind of Conscious Place.
“Curiouser and curiouser!” cried Alice ...

Mara
Poster
Posts: 238
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:38 am

Re: Debunk / Inter Mind Religion

Post by Mara » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:20 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:48 am
SteveKlinko wrote: The proposed Conscious Space from The Inter Mind is specifically presented as not being any kind of Physical Space.
You complete idiot, Your "magic consciousness god" had to have interacted with normal physics as you claimed it guided all evolution in the universe. That means it had to interact in normal physics.

You are now contradicting your own religious claims.

Why are you so stupid?
:lol: :lol:
Whoa, this conversation is still going a year later... is the George or Gorgeous (depending on the day of the week) still around??

User avatar
Cadmusteeth
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1313
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: USA

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by Cadmusteeth » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:23 am

Yeah, they pop up.

Mara
Poster
Posts: 238
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:38 am

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by Mara » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:32 am

Gorgeeeooooouuuusssss! I missed you!!! How is life in other dimensions? Who are your demons these days???? :-D

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Debunk / Inter Mind Religion

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:38 am

Mara wrote: Whoa, this conversation is still going a year later...
Actually it has been going since 2012. Steve Klinko wrote his religious manifesto in 2012 and posted it on the internet. No one read it. He then tried to make money selling t-shirts and spamming his manifesto as a sales pitch in 2018. As our forum was the only forum to respond, and we did so by destroying his claims, he feels obliged to posts spam replies every week, because our thread appears on google. I don't think he ever sold one t-shirt.
Mara wrote: is the George or Gorgeous (depending on the day of the week) still around??
Sadly. Yes. Gorgeous has to post "woo" nonsense, so as to prove to Gorgeous that he has a reason to exist. Considering he was a cult member on a 1960's cult, senility is probably another factor. :)

Mara
Poster
Posts: 238
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:38 am

Re: Debunk / Inter Mind Religion

Post by Mara » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:49 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:38 am
Mara wrote: Whoa, this conversation is still going a year later...
Actually it has been going since 2012. Steve Klinko wrote his religious manifesto in 2012 and posted it on the internet. No one read it. He then tried to make money selling t-shirts and spamming his manifesto as a sales pitch in 2018. As our forum was the only forum to respond, and we did so by destroying his claims, he feels obliged to posts spam replies every week, because our thread appears on google. I don't think he ever sold one t-shirt.
Mara wrote: is the George or Gorgeous (depending on the day of the week) still around??
Sadly. Yes. Gorgeous has to post "woo" nonsense, so as to prove to Gorgeous that he has a reason to exist. Considering he was a cult member on a 1960's cult, senility is probably another factor. :)
Ahhh, the classic commercial approach to enlightenment... The Jesus's way!!! :-)

I like Gorgeous...there was something very cute in his... or hers... (who knows!) attempts at making sense out of life... A bit like reading a comic book that goes on...like an interactive comic book...Maybe Gorgeous could approach Netflix with it... :think:

Mara
Poster
Posts: 238
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:38 am

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by Mara » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:26 am

Hmmm.... I can see Mr Klinko got inspired by the decadent and bored patriarchal retirees, like Tom Campbell... :oldman: whose theory is as vague and general as horoscopes and we can fit anything under it... Years later, he still is just spitting sounds and written words yet has nothing practical to show - I call these theories 'ALL - SOLVING' as they offer the fluffy feeling of intellectual and emotional safety for those who are too psychologically weak to face nihilism. All you are doing Mr Klinko is self- manipulating verbally, be careful though, as that is the part of the process involved in inducing delusions, the brain is plastic and with time you can end up with those permanently. :ghost:

User avatar
mirror93
Regular Poster
Posts: 576
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by mirror93 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:37 pm

Just ignore Steve, he'll never give up his BS made up nonsense, no matter what we say.
ignore it, it goes away...
or maybe not.. maybe we should be debunking each one of his claims, but it's getting boring
F.

Mara
Poster
Posts: 238
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:38 am

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by Mara » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:20 am

mirror93 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:37 pm
Just ignore Steve, he'll never give up his BS made up nonsense, no matter what we say.
ignore it, it goes away...
or maybe not.. maybe we should be debunking each one of his claims, but it's getting boring
I can appreciate that...but having had just completed a contract in a statutory role in the epicentre of New Age activity (where people have children who are 14 years old that never been to school and do not know how to read and write because "the intellectual development takes over the parts of their brain responsible for developing psychic abilities" - yep, that's what the parents say), I can confirm that these ideas, that are very much an extension of New Age philosophy, are spreading and penetrating to the lives of otherwise potentially healthy people who fall for it, just like a fish falls for the bait, AND considering the vast amount of feel-good BS on the internet, this forum has become one of the few places where people have a chance at getting the other perspective... Do not undermine your impact.

User avatar
Cadmusteeth
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1313
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: USA

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by Cadmusteeth » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:14 pm

The most important work is often times the most boring.

User avatar
mirror93
Regular Poster
Posts: 576
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by mirror93 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:59 pm

Matthew is right, it was all about advertising his website. The keywords used to attract new agers, but turns out he it has an opposite effect, as he was absolutely and utterly refuted and mocked. :posting:
Last edited by mirror93 on Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F.

User avatar
landrew
Has No Life
Posts: 11738
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by landrew » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:57 pm

If you're going to put your ideas out there, prepare to have them judged.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

User avatar
Dimebag
Regular Poster
Posts: 889
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:05 pm

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by Dimebag » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:45 am

My biggest problem with Steve’s ideas were his seeming overconfidence of what they meant, and the little if any actually content, the ideas themselves seemed hollow and without substance. To me it speaks to a lack of imagination. If you are going to put forth a grand theory at least flesh it out a bit, add a few details.

User avatar
landrew
Has No Life
Posts: 11738
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by landrew » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:01 pm

Dimebag wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:45 am
My biggest problem with Steve’s ideas were his seeming overconfidence of what they meant, and the little if any actually content, the ideas themselves seemed hollow and without substance. To me it speaks to a lack of imagination. If you are going to put forth a grand theory at least flesh it out a bit, add a few details.
He came, he expressed,
we saw, we expressed,

he ignored, and re-expressed,
we disapproved and expressed,

he continued to ignore and express.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:57 pm

Dimebag wrote: My biggest problem with Steve’s ideas were his seeming overconfidence of what they meant, and the little if any actually content,
I agree. I also point out his timing makes no sense. He states consciousness must evolve to exist, but then magically places an evolved consciousness at the start of the Big Bang to guide evolution so that consciousness evolves.

Klinko is very mad and is simply trying to add "science" words to his belief in god
:lol:

User avatar
Cadmusteeth
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1313
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: USA

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by Cadmusteeth » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:31 am

And even if it's not a good in a strict sense, his definitions are so vague and unevidenced that they're useless.

Mara
Poster
Posts: 238
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:38 am

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by Mara » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:05 am

Dimebag wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:45 am
My biggest problem with Steve’s ideas were his seeming overconfidence of what they meant, and the little if any actually content, the ideas themselves seemed hollow and without substance. To me it speaks to a lack of imagination. If you are going to put forth a grand theory at least flesh it out a bit, add a few details.
LOL so he is not even an impressive bulls*tter...I guess it is also a skill.

Mara
Poster
Posts: 238
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:38 am

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by Mara » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:26 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:57 pm
I agree. I also point out his timing makes no sense. He states consciousness must evolve to exist, but then magically places an evolved consciousness at the start of the Big Bang to guide evolution so that consciousness evolves.

Klinko is very mad and is simply trying to add "science" words to his belief in god [/color] :lol:
It drives me nutts. I have an issue with the human mind's fixation with evolution... yes it applies to some things but not to others. It is hard to know what he exactly means by 'consciousness' but some aspects of human psychology are fixed such as flight and fight response, nobody has ever evolved out of primal instincts even if it may seem like they have only because they are not faced with circumstances when they need to use them...until they do. PTSD existed in the past as much as it exists today, these things were just not spoken about. We are not psychologically stronger or more aware, we just replaced one type of knowledge with another due to environmental changes.

In my days, I once did too much mushrooms ;-) and I remember having this philosophical epiphany that, if we forget about time and 'order of events', just purely conceptually, we would need to assume that at first there was something like a 'singularity' that then divided and divided and divided (similar to mitosis) and the only way we can know that must have occurred is by applying a reversed deduction that is...because we are here with such diversity of the natural world, otherwise we wouldn't be...but that has nothing to do with 'evolution of consciousness'... genetics maybe, or some form of entropy...

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:43 am

Mara wrote: It drives me nutts. I have an issue with the human mind's fixation with evolution...
Steve Klinko doesn't know what evolution is. He once claimed he read Darwin's "Origin of the Species" from cover to cover but didn't know about the finches adapting to different environments. He has no understanding of what DNA is and thinks it can magically open portals to other dimensions. :lol:
Mara wrote: It is hard to know what he exactly means by 'consciousness' but some aspects of human psychology are fixed such as flight and fight response, nobody has ever evolved out of primal instincts even if it may seem like they have only because they are not faced with circumstances when they need to use them...until they do.
Steve Klinko had never heard of innate behaviour before posting here. That makes sense because he doesn't understand evolution and that the human form of consciousness evolved from a common ancestor with other animals that only have innate reactions.
Mara wrote:PTSD existed in the past as much as it exists today,
That makes sense to me.
Mara wrote:In my days, I once did too much mushrooms .......
I enjoyed your story. I once took LSD and thought I was writing the greatest lyrics ever written by a human. When I read what I wrote a couple days later I realised I had written the world's worst crap ever, :D

Mara
Poster
Posts: 238
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:38 am

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by Mara » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:59 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:43 am
I once took LSD and thought I was writing the greatest lyrics ever written by a human. When I read what I wrote a couple days later I realised I had written the world's worst crap ever, [/color] :D
Perhaps, your audience would need to be perpetually high on LSD to appreciate it :D

Mara
Poster
Posts: 238
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:38 am

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by Mara » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:28 am

...I wonder if the Administrators could set up a new topic called "Psychedelics" as there is SO much out there right now in regards to MDMA, LSD, psilocybin, DMT and ayahuasca.

For example...(and this is good!) researchers at University of Johns Hopkins School of Medicine are looking to find out whether the entities that people encounter while under influence of DMT are...autonomous! https://maps.org/other-psychedelic-rese ... survey-dmt I am sure they are not based on my own explorations... even though they looked like they were..but somehow...they sounded exactly like my inner conflicts... :think: ;-) Scary thing is that people make important life decisions following, for example, the use of ayahuasca which is why this research could clarify things to those who are not sure...

It is an interesting concept however that most would trust an autonomous entities but not so much their own inner conflict.
...Imagine constituents getting high before elections to be sure who to vote for :-)

User avatar
Poodle
Has No Life
Posts: 11000
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by Poodle » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:52 am

You're responsible for Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep then, Matthew?

User avatar
machinegun1
Poster
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:49 am

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by machinegun1 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:19 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:43 am
Mara wrote: It drives me nutts. I have an issue with the human mind's fixation with evolution...
Steve Klinko doesn't know what evolution is. He once claimed he read Darwin's "Origin of the Species" from cover to cover but didn't know about the finches adapting to different environments. He has no understanding of what DNA is and thinks it can magically open portals to other dimensions. :lol:
Mara wrote: It is hard to know what he exactly means by 'consciousness' but some aspects of human psychology are fixed such as flight and fight response, nobody has ever evolved out of primal instincts even if it may seem like they have only because they are not faced with circumstances when they need to use them...until they do.
Steve Klinko had never heard of innate behaviour before posting here. That makes sense because he doesn't understand evolution and that the human form of consciousness evolved from a common ancestor with other animals that only have innate reactions.
Mara wrote:PTSD existed in the past as much as it exists today,
That makes sense to me.
Mara wrote:In my days, I once did too much mushrooms .......
I enjoyed your story. I once took LSD and thought I was writing the greatest lyrics ever written by a human. When I read what I wrote a couple days later I realised I had written the world's worst crap ever, :D
Darwinian evolution is pure gibberish and mythology.
No animal was ever connected to any human being.
Steve Klinko is not entirely wrong. But consciousness is not what you and him think it is. It's beyond your comprehension.
Magical God with beard ? The only thing magical was darwinian evolution (before it was refuted along the years)
The individual doesn't live in dualism, it's worse than that, it's far beyond your comprehension. You are a reductionist hard materialist, you hold on a philosophy that has paradoxes and it debunks itself. Even if evolution was true, it wouldn't be of Darwin, it would be at least, of some other sort, since Darwin's theory has many and many flaws, some other theories are better explaining life, and it's laughable that you call this false theory true.
And Life is personal, there is no life outside an individual, therefore, there can't be "consciousness" without an individual, so Steve is wrong, if consciousness was outside the "singularity" (the theory) IT HAS to be some form of non local immaterial individual consciousness that created and guided the start of "evolution" .. so it would be a "god" in that sense.

User avatar
Cadmusteeth
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1313
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: USA

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by Cadmusteeth » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:09 pm

There's a little dog on my lap as I write this comment. So I think I can confirm that there is a life existing outside of myself. But hey, maybe that's not what you meant. In which case could you please establish what you mean and how you've come to that belief?

User avatar
Poodle
Has No Life
Posts: 11000
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by Poodle » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:18 pm

machinegun1 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:19 pm
l ... And Life is personal, there is no life outside an individual, therefore, there can't be "consciousness" without an individual, so Steve is wrong, if consciousness was outside the "singularity" (the theory) IT HAS to be some form of non local immaterial individual consciousness that created and guided the start of "evolution" .. so it would be a "god" in that sense.
Wow - just ... Wow!

User avatar
landrew
Has No Life
Posts: 11738
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by landrew » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:26 pm

And I wouldn't mind reading about how the theory of evolution has been "refuted" after more than 150 years of supporting evidence.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

User avatar
machinegun1
Poster
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:49 am

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by machinegun1 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:55 pm

landrew wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:26 pm
And I wouldn't mind reading about how the theory of evolution has been "refuted" after more than 150 years of supporting evidence.
If you care to read articles on internet you'd see how many of the old theories got utterly refuted, not to mention the old fossil that were thought to be the missing link of whatever, just turned out to be frauds, in 20 years half of Matthew says here will be debunked again. His theory about color is absolutely insane how wrong he is. I'm not saying evolution is refuted, it could be true or not, but I'm 100% sure, darwinian evolution is pure crap. There are better theories, 80% of Darwin theory is pure nonsense, the tree of life is laughable on how wrong and how many flaws it has, it's just absolutely false.

User avatar
machinegun1
Poster
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:49 am

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by machinegun1 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:00 pm

Cadmusteeth wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:09 pm
There's a little dog on my lap as I write this comment. So I think I can confirm that there is a life existing outside of myself. But hey, maybe that's not what you meant. In which case could you please establish what you mean and how you've come to that belief?
I mean, life is a noun that we use to distinguish dead entities from living entities, nothing more than that. There is no life outside this concept. That's what I mean. Of course there is life existing outside yourself, billions. Your dog lives in its own internal world, it has its own life, of course.